Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus (58780 Views)

Doctor Treating Italian Man With Coronavirus Doesn't Wear Face Mask, Explains / Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by lalasticlala(m): 11:40am On Mar 19, 2020
Nairalanders share their coronavirus experiences.

NubaVertigo:

Caution has to be taken. I'm in the US; I'm going to be honest I caught it. It's no joke and is very strong. I had the shortness of breath, I've never had trouble breathing all my life, but all of a sudden my breathing was heavy and slow and it felt like I was only taking in about 25% of my normal Oxygen intake. I had to take lots of home remedies as they temporarily let the symptoms subside. Who knows how much of my breathing would have been eliminated otherwise. Someone with asthma = dead.

I also had muscle pain around my body and intense chest pain in my chest. It started with a concentrated sore throat, and at some point I just started feeling phlegm drop down my throat. Luckily for me, I can connect to my job from home. At the end of January, I know someone who traveled from Hong Kong, and arrived with a nasty cough and was under bed rest.

I attended an event in their apartment for about 3 hours. This is when the news had just broke out and only Wuhan's Hubei province was under quarantine so nobody thought much of it..

It's very serious, and even for those that will get past it, they will cause harm for others that are either old, have asthma, sickle cell anemia, etc etc... not to be taken lightly, it's not conspiracy, it's a real contagious virus. I understand where you're coming from where you are only hearing about it but can't see any results, but there is no doubt when you catch it

Another one

salford:

I believe the virus has been in North America (Canada/US/Mexico) for a while Dec/Jan I think. The Chinese government kept it secret for a longtime. I am in Canada, and I had a similar experience but mine was shortlived (maybe in a space of 2 weeks). I had symptoms on maybe 4 to 7 days in between the two weeks. The symptoms were not consistent too so it makes it more confusing. Like heavy breathing on day 1, fever on day 3, sore throat on day 7. They dissapear quickly just as they came. The symptoms occured separately and not together. Told my wife and she thought I was hallucinating or something.

1st symptoms: I suddenly woke up from sleep around 2am-ish and found myself breathing heavily. If I was a sound sleeper, I probably won't even wake up or notice. I almost went back to sleep immediately and up till today, that experience was still strange to me. This was sometimes around late February.

symptoms 2: I had a few chills (like very mild fever) in between. Just for a night or two.

symptom 3: I later developed a sore throat few days after. I have rarely have a sore throat. The sore throat is now gone after I started gaggling with hot water.

Till date, I am still confused if it was just a cold or the covid. The fever was very mild, probably the mildest I have experienced, the sore throat wasn't terrible bad too. Just felt like someone was pulling my throat muscle. Never had the cough.

A work colleage came from Vegas sometimes on the 22 of February. could be her that brought the virus. No one knows. She was sick for a while too and are husband sick too. She felt all she had was a cold.

Interestingly, some people, wont even know they had it. They would just think they had a cold or a mild flu. It's when it gets into the body of the elderly or those with serious underlying condition that it causes issues.
Kids may hardly notice it and won't probably show symptoms.

https://www.nairaland.com/5742874/coronavirus-guidance-self-isolation-nigeria/1#87558455

AerialMapper:
I believe i had this virus sometime early january. I was in Dubai for 9 days and returned on the 7th of January. Developed a cough and fever on the 9th and it progressively got worse. One morning, i coughed and blacked out!

Stayed home, self- medicated and got better after 3 weeks.

Other Nairalanders can share their coronavirus stories here.

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Perfecttouchade: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2020
This shall pass in Jesus name...we all need each other to chase the deadly coronavirus, stay safe...keep calm and let every guidelines be taken appropriately and make sure any similar symptoms to the covid-19 be dealt with self quarantine first and let's make sure every old aged people be kept away from public for their health safety..thanks lalasticlala for bringing this to the public, it's a great job to singlehandedly bring out comments from loads of comments about the virus.. Egungun don taamo bus o

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2020
shocked

Thought I heard that Maurice iwuruwuru has found the cure.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by LearnITsmash(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2020
They will never take caution as they believe their Roman white jesus will save their butts when they start dying by the thousands, and its only now that the government is closing churches, I pity this ignorant religious country undecided

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by cRobo: 11:44am On Mar 19, 2020
I will be watching and listening from here in my isolation island

Until then

I won't say a word

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Flexherbal(m): 11:49am On Mar 19, 2020
This, too, shall pass.

Live a healthy lifestyle !

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2020
Well, in matters like this, I usually don't fail to say my mind without fear nor favor. Now, without mincing words and without any atom of partiality, I wish to contribute in a way that no one will feel that I am being too emotional about this topic. The truth is that I have completely forgotten what I wanted to say......
[img]https://i./Q2Zz.gif[/img]

194 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2020
I must commend lalasticlala for his positive attitude of recent as a mod, it's like Seun gave lalasticlala half salary last month for his useless,uneducative, provocative,irritating and childish snake threads.
Kudos to lalasticlala for changing his ways and giving we loyal nairalanders educative content's, Seun kindly double lalasticlala salary for this month cool
[img]https://media1./images/99c8bf635606b021174924209be0aafb/tenor.gif?itemid=5730020[/img]

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Roon9(m): 11:53am On Mar 19, 2020
Hmm these threads aren't really necessary.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Chriswazo(m): 11:53am On Mar 19, 2020
Hmmmm.. But Salford wasn't examined. This is serious o.

Maybe just avoiding any news on Corona at all is the best for some people, I understand. You are talking of something they said has killed over 8000 deaths, nawa

2 Likes

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by tillaman(m): 11:53am On Mar 19, 2020
shocked
I knew it, this virus has been around for a while now!!!
Fuvcking chincos didn’t say nothing about it and I also heard they have a cure but they refused to share?? I don’t know if it’s true though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by YorubaKinging: 11:53am On Mar 19, 2020
As many as believed and put thier trust in Almighty God
We will not be infected by this deadly virus

Dont let those aethist confuse you into thinking it's wrong to put your trust in God
They are already condemned, they do terrible things and have no hope
Just like satan, they don't want to go alone into hell

God is real, and He has powers

159 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Aturitoroman: 11:53am On Mar 19, 2020
Hmmm undecided
Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by chloride6: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
Grabs popcorn....

1 Like

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by ainas247: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
cool
Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Vivonose: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
It is well.
Wash your hands,use hand santizers and face mask.
Avoid overcrowded place and don't panic.

9 Likes

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by drizslim(m): 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
Heal the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by WaistPain(m): 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
Come to think Of it,..... maybe buhari deliberately allowed Coronavirus into the country so that it will look as if he did exactly what Jonathan's PDP government did in tackling Ebola!!!.... Trying to match Goodluck Jonathan's performance at every given opportunity. embarassed embarassed

God epp us make e no be say this people wan use us play politics

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
The best way to stay safe is by maintaining a very good personal hygiene. Boost your immune system
HOW CAN I BOOST MY IMMUNE SYSTEM

Get enough sleep and manage stress. ...

Avoid tobacco smoke. ...

Drink less alcohol. ...

Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds, which will provide your body with the nutrients your immune system needs. ...

Consider probiotics. ...

Catch some rays. ...
Go for the garlic

17 Likes

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by masterflowx(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2020
God will deliver by us.
Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by baiaon(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2020
The panic being spread on the Nigerian cyberspace about corona virus is simply ridiculous

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by SweetCunt97(f): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2020
How did the world overcome Spanish influenza? Na the same way we go take overcome coronavirus.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by SeunWedsLinda(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2020
If people as handsome and sexy as Idris Elba could contract this virus, we ugly baboons are fúcked cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Homeboiy: 11:56am On Mar 19, 2020
One thing must kill a man

Which is death.

2 Likes

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by OBTMOS(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Online corona
Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by ursullalinda(f): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2020
All we need do is to apply caution......our health system is wack .......and if it's serious here......it will be very disastrous because our system can't handle it.

3 Likes

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by MrImole: 11:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Bullshit

3 Likes

Re: Stories Of Nairalanders With Coronavirus by Johnbosco77(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2020
May what happened in 1347 never repeat itself...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Which Got Stuck In Boy’s Throat In Ibadan. Photos / What Soap Do You Use? / This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.