Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment (575 Views)

Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment / Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong / U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by Naijapeeps: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2020
It has been reported that China’s health leadership have made an announcement that they have found the Japanese-developed anti-influenza drug, Avigan, to be effective in treating coronavirus patients.

It was garthered that the China’s director of the National Center for Biotechnology Development, Zhang Xinmin confirmed that the Avigan (Favipiravir) drug was found to be effective in two clinical trials completed in Wuhan and Shenzhen involving 320 patients.

Zhang revealed that the medicine worked for coronavirus-related symptoms including pneumonia and had no obvious side effects.

In his statement, Zhang further said:

“It has a high degree of safety and is clearly effective in treatment,”

Patients who were given the medicine in Shenzhen turned negative for the virus after four days of therapy, compared with a median of 11 days for those who were not treated with the drug, public broadcaster NHK said.

In addition, X-rays confirmed improvements in lung condition in about 91% of the patients who were treated with favipiravir, compared to 62% or those without the drug.

The director said he formally recommended the use of this medicine as a way to treat the COVID-19 disease, which is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

According to Zhang, a Chinese pharmaceutical company has been approved by the National Medical Products Administration to mass-produce the medication and ensure a stable supply.

Ever since the coronavirus broke out from Wuhan in China almost 200,000 have been infected and 7,900 have died from the disease.

https://naijapeeps.com.ng/china-endorses-avigan-favipiravir-drug-for-coronavirus-treatment/?fbclid=IwAR3pA-230Y3yXWwzW0Io2C4tFTG8CG0EHBQmV7iGKtfVFc1dsCevADfoRxk
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by OkCornel(m): 11:53am On Mar 19, 2020
Hopefully, this is good news.
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by culf: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Thank God, this is good news.
currently, i prefer Drugs from Asia for Covid-19 patients in Africa,...
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by culf: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Thank God, this is good news.
currently, i prefer Drugs from Asia for Covid-19 patients in Africa,...
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by Perfecttouchade: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
Bye-bye to Corona's egungun
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by Iyiataata92: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Trump and US won't like this news, but who cares.
In the situation we find ourselves now, even atheists and muslims will drink olive oil if it will cure coronavirus

Be alive first, then settle scores later
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by knowhowk: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2020
If this is true I think it should be forwarded to WHO for Fast and quick Evaluations and Mass Production should be done.
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
Hey Buddy.
How are you doing?
OkCornel:
Hopefully, this is good news.
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by OkCornel(m): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Hey Buddy.
How are you doing?

I’m alright dear. And you?
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by Kennyfancy(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2020
Prayer
Re: China Endorses Avigan / Favipiravir Drug For Coronavirus Treatment by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
Glad to hear that, its been a while.

I am doing well, all thanks to God
OkCornel:

I’m alright dear. And you?

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Self-isolation, Social Distancing In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ / Coronavirus Infected Man Spits On Passenger’s Face Before He Drops Dead (pic&vid / Don't Allow The Chinese Into Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.