Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,726 members, 7,802,187 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering (28799 Views)

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months / Enugu Govt To Shut Down Schools, Markets That Observe 1-week Sit-at-home Order / Oraifite, Anambra Bans IPOB Members, Masqueraders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by oshozondii: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2020
As Nigeria records more cases of coronavirus, the Anambra state government has banned public gathering in the state until further notice, starting from Monday, March 23.

The state government, under the leadership of Governor Willie Obiano in a statement released on Thursday, March 19, provided health advisory for various sectors in a bid to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The government advised traders who go to the markets to wash their hands frequently, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and allow it to air dry.

It also recommended the use of hand sanitizers handshaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation are strongly discouraged.

“A distance of 6-feet should be maintained between customers and traders,” the government said.

It also advised the leadership of the markets to buy an infrared thermometer to test any cases of their member or customer falling sick in the market.

The state government directed that all its tertiary institutions must proceed on vacation effective Friday, March 20, until further notice.

It instructed the management of the primary and secondary schools to provide handwash stations at the entrance of all schools and ensure that all students and visitors wash their hands frequently.

The state government further directed that inter-house sports competitions be suspended until further notice.

It also directed that all the primary and secondary schools in the state must go on indefinite vacation effective Friday, March 27.

“Management of all hotels must take the temperature of guests and visitors with a non-contact infrared thermometer,” the state government said.

Similar instructions were also issued to transport companies and the passengers in the state. The general residents in the state are advised to avoid handshaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation and avoid unnecessary travels.

“All residents returning from countries and states with active COVID-19 cases, must self-isolate for 14-days and contact the Anambra state Public Health Emergency Operation Center immediately (PHEOC). During self-isolation, they must take their temperatures twice daily. PHEOC numbers are ‪080309531; 08145434416;0810446408‬,” the statement concluded.

https://www.independent.ng/covid-19-obiano-shuts-down-schools-bans-mass-gathering/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by THUNDER4real(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
I wish Buhari has 2% sense....Federal government should follow suit to curtail the spread. Why is our borders still open?
??

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Citytrend: 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2020
Na wa Ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lock down major markets.
Those places are worst than schools.

But how can people eat?

This is a very serious issue.

No way out.

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Babztunz(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
That is a man of action

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by ignis: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
I wish the Federal Government can also be this proactive.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by obicoolnino: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nice stragegy but what about crowded market areas like main market and other busy places in the state, better to educate the people on proper hygiene and continuous washing of hands to stop the spread... God help us.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by NwaNimo1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Follower....
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by InfoSources: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
cool
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by TheTourist: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Pro-active Government of Ndi Anambra at it again.

Maybe that's why they are the most secure state in the country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by ursullalinda(f): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Love the proactive measures taken so far.....if only they had listened and closed the boarders earlier we won't be here......other states should follow suit.....let's deal with this once and for all.

15 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by YorubaKinging: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
And the trend goes

I hope these leaders are preparing for the effects of closing everywhere

Are you prepared to help people financially?

Food is essential

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by ConnectedMan: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Welcome to the information age were hype is stronger than impact. I have not heard of any Nigerian that got thiis disease here in Nigeria. All of them came from abroad. I dont think its possible to catch corona in Nigeria. Y'all should calm down.

All the same, prevention is better than cure

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by iammo(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
tongue

shameless Audio Governor Seyi Makinde is busy holding mega rally

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by OgbanjeProphet: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
Distance of six feet between a seller and his customers So how does one collect his payment from his customers

No mind me oohh! This a very very good news to us ndị Anambra. Obiano has just done what we have expected him to have done kemgbe.

I now have a reason to avoid Chike's birthday next week and Chidimma's wedding next month. Make guys no go scatter ground with dollars, wey me I get only 50- 50 naira mint to spray.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Cmanforall: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
Commendable!
At the high rate of spread of this disease, aggressive measures need to be taken.

Other states should follow suit.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by stanislaus67(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
THUNDER4real:
I wish Buhari has 2% sense....Federal government should follow suit to curtail the spread. Why is our borders still open?
??
No naaaa our borders have been closed since na
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by vincentjk(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
This is a welcome developement now my sister can stay home in peace without the fear of exams going on

Meanwhile below are predictions about oga COVID-19

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Maxcollins042(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
The government advised traders who go to the markets to wash their hands frequently, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and allow it to air dry.

It also recommended the use of hand sanitizers handshaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation are strongly discouraged.

“A distance of 6-feet should be maintained between customers and traders,” the government said.

It also advised the leadership of the markets to buy an infrared thermometer to test any cases of their member or customer falling sick in the market.

This will sound like tales by moonlight to the traders

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by SweetCunt97(f): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
Got my hand wash, hand sanitizers and masks ready.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by VAQAXY: 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
Proactive moves
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by blackgold90(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
This is cool
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Kingv(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
Schools are safer than being on the street

Schools can be regulated and adequate measures taken to prevent the spread but here in the street, we jump bikes, squeeze inside commuter buses, unconsciously romance each other in markets

Commendably, he took a pro-active decision and such should be replicated but most in a time like this and especially in Aftrica where our health care system deserves an apology... WE MUST AND SHOULD SEEK THE FACE OF THE LORD

“ if my people, who are called by my name,(A) will humble(B) themselves and pray and seek my face(C) and turn(D) from their wicked ways, then I will hear(E) from heaven, and I will forgive(F) their sin and will heal(G) THEIR LAND

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Iamgrey5(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
iammo:
tongue

shameless seyi makinde is busy holding mega rally

Truly shameless!

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Gabriel004: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
Better o.

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by lirusehn(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
The entire nation should follow suit.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by wonuks(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
cool
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by NigeriaBam: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nice Move. But what about Market Place, Place Of Work (Government/Private), Social Events (Wedding/Naming/Burial gathering)
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by AtikuNetwork: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
sassysure:
Lock down major markets.
Those places are worst than schools.

But how can people eat?

This is a very serious issue.

No way out.

You are actually correct. Unless the markets are also shut, every other measure would be in vain. More people patronize markets than schools and even banks. They should announce to the public the date the shutdown would commence so that people would prepare. Nigerians are too lackadaisical about this virus and it is annoying. I was at the Lagos airport this morning to catch a flight and you need to see how people were behaving as if it is still business as usual. That experience was terrifying to me I swear. I have never been more scared of being in a crowd. I pity this country with the way we are treating this matter. Kudos to Obiano for taking this bold step but more needs to be done. This battle against COVID-19 will be a long one that will have a lot casualties.

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Sholaco: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
iammo:
tongue

shameless seyi makinde is busy holding mega rally

Hahahahahaha the best government of all time by ipob

13 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by LibertyRep: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
The nightmare is finally here. God save the black race

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OBJ Said, With One Word, Aregbesola Saved Osun During Hijab Crisis - Majekodunmi / Police intercepts Truck filled with Explosives, Detonators in Delta (PICS) / 2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo Dancing In Competition They Won't Take Part In - Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.