Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,045 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:00 AM

Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (111470 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu / Coronavirus: US Confirms First Death, More Cases Likely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Cityqueengirl(f): 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:
Meanwhile Microbiology graduates in Nigeria cannot find job to research hence becoming tailors an makeup artists...

Buhari is yet to address the nation. Take me back to the Goodluck Jonathan days when we had Labaran Maku (information minister) who must have been interviewed already. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who must have advised the government on the best economic approach to take, ad GEJ himself who must have addressed the nation.

What exactly do you want Buhari to say? Before you know it now, the SM will be awashed with funny posts
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Cityqueengirl(f): 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:
Meanwhile Microbiology graduates in Nigeria cannot find job to research hence becoming tailors an makeup artists...

Buhari is yet to address the nation. Take me back to the Goodluck Jonathan days when we had Labaran Maku (information minister) who must have been interviewed already. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who must have advised the government on the best economic approach to take, ad GEJ himself who must have addressed the nation.

What exactly do you want Buhari to say? Before you know it now, the SM will be awashed with funny posts.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Xisnin(m): 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
mvem:

the commissioner of FDA said this after Trump conference...Shortly thereafter, Hahn said that use of the drug would be in a controlled trial to find out whether or not it works, and if so, what dose would be safe and effective.

“We want to do that in a setting of a clinical trial,” Hahn said.

So it hasn't be approved yet but clinical trials for it will start then depends on the effect before it is officially approved.

English is the problem

FDA and Trump are both right
No.
FDA is right, Trump is lying.

Is Trump a kid that can't use language properly?
The question is simple.
Has chloroquine been approved for Covid-19?
The answer is no and therefore Trump is lying as usual.

Clinical trials and approval are very very different.
Many drugs die in the clinical trial stage and are never approved.

There are tens of drugs being researched and developed for Covid-19.
Some are even in an advanced testing stage.

Nobody in their right mind will claim such drugs have been approved when they
have not.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Jabioro: 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
I said it three weeks ago in one of the thread ,I also place it on Facebook but wall people were asking me if I am a doctor..now it has be been confirmed..
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nairalandmonika: 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
ndcide:
But why was the use o of chloroquine banned before.

Anybody to help?
It wasn't effective, malaria was resistance to chloroquine.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by ebonytarki(m): 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
Behave yourself
RedBlackPepper:
It is only the blood of Jesus that can cure this thing. With prayers and fasting.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Roman7(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lilbest3:
HAKIM, what exactly will Trump do that you terrorists and your terrorist sympathising leftists will not complain about? What's wrong with trying the drugs? Trump is holding press conference almost every 24 hours what has your president said since the outbreak?

Wetin him wan talk?.....u cannot give what u don't have na.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by thunderbabs: 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
NigPatriot:
Watch how hoarding begins. Unnecessary hike in price.

Anyways if it's the cure, then earth has been saved pretty fast.

What I don't get is why news don't get out of China easy. Afterall, if the claim that covid-19 has been cleared among the infected in Wuhan province, their medics must have used some type of medicine for treatment. Why other countries with infections are yet to grasp that calls for concern. Why does China hoard info?
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by iamso9ce(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
They will increase price now�����

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by jericco1(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

They've ooooo

1pack is 3500/7000 oo

God pass dem. Man inhumanity to fellow humans
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by HustlerGurl(f): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2020
lolss
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by jericco1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2020
JuanDeDios:

Dey there. I doubt you can find any in Lagos by 9 am tomorrow.

Shame. Some people will even take it Corona or not
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Xisnin(m): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are very daft sotey you dont deserve any attention... this quote is just to let you know how dumb you are.. good bye
cry
Kid, don't cry.
Sorry, I took Trump, your god to the cleaners.
If only you have not believed all the lies on FB and Whatsapp about the most incompetent American president in history,
you wouldn't be embarrassed to learn the truth.

Again, don't cry.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by bluefilm: 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
So all these people shouting chloroquine is the cure were right all along and I was busy abusing them for carrying fake news?

I am now making my public apology.

I am sorry if I called you a fool for peddling the chloroquine angle.

Don't blame me.

I was only doing so because you people also peddled the hot water and salt mixture as the cure for the deadly Ebola virus.

Which turned out to be nothing but a big fat lie!!!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by jeff1607(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:

The pharmacist ain't left out
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by TLION(m): 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oya business don show buying 100 Asap one for 10k na so I take blow ooh grin
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by hahn(m): 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
Xisnin:

No.
FDA is right, Trump is lying.

Is Trump a kid that can't use language properly?
The question is simple.
Has chloroquine been approved for Covid-19?
The answer is no and therefore Trump is lying as usual.

Clinical trials and approval are very very different.
Many drugs die in the clinical trial stage and are never approved.

There are tens of drugs being researched and developed for Covid-19.
Some are even in an advanced testing stage.

Nobody in their right mind will claim such drugs have been approved when they
have not.

Unless you are a cocaine inspired POTUS

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Ewedegubbler: 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:

whom the gods want to punish they first make him mad. that was the case of the Nigerians that so hated Goodluck's government and ended up bringing this disaster unto themselves..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by CanadaOrBust: 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Cityqueengirl:
What exactly do you want Buhari to say? Before you know it now, the SM will be awashed with funny posts.

He doesn’t have to say much. Just appear on tv and be a reassuring, comforting presence like a leader is supposed to be, projecting a sense of unity, “I am with you, we are in this together”

IF ONLY BUHARI HAD CLOSED OUR BORDERS LONG AGO LIKE EVERYONE WAS BEGGING HIM TO DO...

Now that they have closed them has the world ended??

They even refused to institute even ordinary mandatory quarantine of people from hot zones - it is a crime against humanity!!!

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by GoodGovernance: 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Very misleading headline.

Test is not Treatment

Nairaland moderators need special training on how to capture headlines correctly.

False information at these trying times,is a treasonable offense..

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:

Buhari is yet to address the nation. Take me back to the Goodluck Jonathan days when we had Labaran Maku (information minister) who must have been interviewed already. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who must have advised the government on the best economic approach to take, and GEJ himself who must have addressed the nation.

Take me back to the GEJ days.. I am fed up with incompetence and backwardness and acute zombieism

Even the quack health minister would have given us hope by telling us to bath with salted water to cover ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Slimdaddy2: 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
I thought Maurice iwu claimed he has the vassin to cover-19...and there was farther report that the vaccine is being tested in the US
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by OlawaleBammie: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
Princessabby99:
And the cq bitter pa

If na only bitter e for better na, the day one nonsense kemist add kloroqueen to my drug and me sef wey no know anything go use am, hmmm dat day i dance till day break.

d second day i go scatter ground for the kemist store say wetin rem giv me chop, na hin d guy talk say na cloro

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Taciturn1: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
Yoighaman:

Take Piriton prior to taking it, it won't itch.
It works for some, doesn't for others

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Leeways55: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lordave:
Bad market to China and her pathetic sympathizers.

So can footballing activities resume already?

I want to hawk Chelsea funeral banners at Allianz Arena.

Hahaha baba you are cold blooded
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Chirowman(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
time for chloroquine sellers to make money, hoarding time money time.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by PervertProphet: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lilbest3:
HAKIM, what exactly will Trump do that you terrorists and your terrorist sympathising leftists will not complain about? What's wrong with trying the drugs? Trump is holding press conference almost every 24 hours what has your president said since the outbreak?

Don't mind them.

They are never satisfied.

Even Clown News Network that basically hates Trump was recently praising Trump's administration on how he has been handling this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffVyQKu7Uxw

Democrat Governors are also praising the Trump administration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g6pPyz38Fc

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by able20(m): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
Trump should recommend Alabukun Power immediately.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Chirowman(m): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
jericco1:
angry Just finished watching it, hope they won't increase the price of chloroquine
they will surely increase the price by 10
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by newdawn77(m): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
Anything to eradicate corona virus.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Xkufiz(m): 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
Finally, make i go grab my copy for the nearest pharmacist grin choooiii see queue this night grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Princessabby99(f): 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

If na only bitter e for better na, the day one nonsense kemist add kloroqueen to my drug and me sef wey no know anything go use am, hmmm dat day i dance till day break.

d second day i go scatter ground for the kemist store say wetin rem giv me chop, na hin d guy talk say na cloro
Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

This May Be The Reason Why Most Men Die Suddenly During Sex / I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / Arat Hosseini, Iranian Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.