Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:46 PM

How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. (52538 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
Hhansome:
Your phone can type this here but cannot type it on Google I guess?
Hehehe very good reply same thing goes to people that will be asking what disease is this what disease is that when they can simply go to a hospital

1 Like

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Poske95(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2020
Do no such thing.
Divorce may not be the solution.
You also may regret the move later.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by medd422: 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2020
Beware of in-laws like d Op.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Sterope(f): 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
She should go ahead then.
Born2conquer:

Sincerely, She is

Her happiness lies on staying away from this husband
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by NdiaraIGBO: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So ur mom married ur dad cos of money? She's so dependent on him she couldn't leave? Anyways like I said, you simply gotta let it go. The decisions these older people made shouldn't weigh u down, they've lived their lives.

100% correct!!!!

My own was never abused but extreme poverty humiliated and killed her. She married my dad, who was abroad and she had 6 children within 5 years! Before she suddenly realised she married a lazy dude!
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2020
Born2conquer:

Like i said.

I am richer than the husband, his family and your own Afamily inclusive

You are not helping the situation either. Meanwhile, why repeatedly boasting of being richer than your sister's husband? What is the essence or objective of such comparison? For me, it is needless. And that's my modest way of saying it is senseless.

If you've made such utterance before him or prepped up your sister to say same or more, then you would have used immaturity to worsen things for your sister whether she remains in the marriage or turn out a divorcee.

I read one of your topics where you narrated how you felt disappointed over your girlfriend sharing her nude for money. And you revealed that you were just giving relationship a trial. Strangely, you were asking for what to do because you couldn't just "divorce" her. Guess you were insanely in love. Yeah, because "crazy love" is the only thing that can make a guy remain in a relationship with an Olosho. My point is that you still desired that things worked out between both of you rather than have the relationship come to an end. That is even something that is not marriage.

So what are you suppose to do differently for your sister?

1. Stop disrespecting her husband either before or behind him. That includes when she insults/curses him before you. Also, stop looking for divorce for her. Some women literally lost their sanity after securing divorce for themselves. Some became professional prostitute in the process of looking for a replacement for their ex-husband.

2. Talk to your sister about those things that bring about such awry moments. Advice her to regularly contract the services of Local Counselors that are married, currently living with their spouse under the same roof and well over 50 years old. You said she is financially okay by herself. Sadly, not all Nigerian women can handle such position. Kudos to Madam Folorunso Alakija, a multi-billionaire with undying humility for her husband (despite her wealth), which has helped her to keep her home intact alongside her array of businesses over the years.

3. Look for every way to befriend your sister's husband. At this period, visit their place more often and intentionally support him against your sister if you happen to bump into them arguing. This includes when your sister is obviously right and her husband is wrong. Don't worry, reverse psychology will straighten things up in his mind later on for your sister, particularly when he is all by himself. Moreover, he will subconsciously owe you a lot for that and wouldn't mind hearing your mind on things before dishing out instructions to your sister. At such moments, you will be able to protect your sister's interest as you would have become a force that can make him compromise on any decision that wouldn't be in the interest of your sister. This is a healthy way to "fight" from within for your sister. Anyway, keep working on the friendship till he finds it comfortable to also call you at night to help talk to your sister rather than arguing angrily with her. Fights don't just happen. It mostly start from hot arguments, and such arguments must really be avoided or quickly calmed if the matter that brought it up is unavoidable.

4. Get those elders you claim intervened (whom I believe your sister respect) in the past to help get your sister to succumb to her husband in those areas that brew those ugly quarrels (fighting/violence).

5. Don't stop advising your sister even when you are not hearing of their quarrels. Sometimes, marital quarrels could have spiritual undertone so endevour to be praying for them too. That is better and more productive than looking for ways to sponsor their divorce.

Judging by all that have happened, it would certainly be difficult to do those 5 things listed above but endeavour to since you are so passionate about your sister's marital life.

Disclaimer: If her husband is a heavy drinker or smokes marijuana, cocaine or engage in other form of hard drugs, then discard my advice and seek counsel elsewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Dreyton36: 7:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
DenreleDave:

Thanks guys... People startee blaming the guy but didn't care to ask what happened really
exactly what I'm saying, we can't just listen to a one sided story, we need full details
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Dreyton36: 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
Amberon11:
Should we also ask what God did to satan that turned satan into a beast?

Or ask our politicians what we did to them that makes them embezzle our collective wealth?

That's not reasonable enough, I can't just tell you that your best friend is bad and you should stay off him/her without a reason for saying such
That's why I'm asking what turned him into a beast ?
Was that how they started from the beginning till they got married ?
You didn't enlighten us enough to understand the main topic
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by lastchild: 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
Hhansome:
Your phone can type this here but cannot type it on Google I guess?
so all the questions we bring on nairaland is foolishness? If we must type everything on Google why does nairaland exist?

2 Likes

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Kiaka8: 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
NdiaraIGBO:

100% correct!!!!

My own was never abused but extreme poverty humiliated and killed her. She married my dad, who was abroad and she had 6 children within 5 years! Before she suddenly realised she married a lazy dude!
[/s]
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by SweetCunt97(f): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
NdiaraIGBO:

100% correct!!!!

But he was abroad naw... Abi dude came back empty?
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by SweetCunt97(f): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
Kiaka8:
[s][/s]
Why canceling his truth?
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by nick50(m): 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
Wetin concern u?..na ur marriage?... Remember.. What God has joined together no man should put asunder
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by healthserve(m): 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
baby124:

Ethanol will kill you. This is dangerous advice. Do not swallow ethanol under any circumstances. Only external use that’s if it is tolerated. If you don’t kill yourself you will end up with severe medical problems. Your liver and kidneys will be destroyed. Can you afford such health problems? Don’t even try it with Ethanol.

Ethanol has never killed anyone human. Excessive abuse and continuous abuse of ethanol and alcohol is what kills. Do your research. While you continue to carry your hatred for me, at least be tactful about it. Your antiseptics and lots of pharmaceuticals ( sterilizing compounds) are ethanol based. Do your research

You can win me in anything. But not in chemistry especially medical biochemistry. And please stop quoting me. Stop it.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Calyberry(f): 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
She will need to vacate the house first and foremost
I wish you stated what exactly he did so I can advice you legally on what and how to go about it.
Nevertheless if its only about beating then she will leave the house with her kids and stay separated for 2 years then file a divorce and it will be granted,that is the easiest way.

If it's the quick one then you must have evidence that he is a kidnapper or robber or he stays abroad and not in touch for so many years,if it's for infidelity you must have the name,address of the lady and record the time they meet.you see it's nit easy.
But the easiest one is going on a separation for at least 2 years
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by healthserve(m): 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
XX01:

So people should drink antiseptic? shocked
Please take your L and stop spreading false information.

From today check the back of most pharmaceuticals and antiseptics and the likes you use and check the ingredients list. SMH. Nigerians are loud and literate but not educated.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Xisnin(m): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
Iogobenz:
I am guessing the man has money right?
Also,how long have they been married?
Oh, poor men don't beat their wives.
This forum is packed with strange fellows.

2 Likes

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Xisnin(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2020
DenreleDave:

Exactly, the sister follow money marry man and now she I suffering... The useless brother that has eaten from the money too now Wana run away... Op, u can't eat ur cake and have it...
Mr. herma phrodite?
Are you the beastly husband or his relation?
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Iogobenz(m): 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Oh, poor men don't beat their wives.
This forum is packed with strange fellows.
If the guy was poor,the sister for don pack her load commot tey tey.
You are the one that is strange to not know this undecided
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by ivolt: 8:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
DenreleDave:

Exactly, the sister follow money marry man and now she I suffering... The useless brother that has eaten from the money too now Wana run away... Op, u can't eat ur cake and have it...
What a fool!
I hope you remain single for live inside poverty and misery because no woman deserve the disaster of a person that you are.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Xisnin(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Who told you there was battery? Don't make hasty assumptions.

@op. There's no way to divorce in one morning. And stop overhyping their differences. Just advice her to involve some cooler headed party from the elders in the family to mediate. If there is any form of assault, tell your parents to get her to come and stay with them for a while. If she's taking that option, she should be cautious where she stays during this period; otherwise the husband can claim in court that she abandoned him to live with another man.
The bold is actually a good news.
It is a get out of death card for her.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
Xisnin:

The bold is actually a good news.
It is a get out of death card for her.

Yes. If she's not interested in the children. It could prove a problem if she is.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by frozen70(f): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
Born2conquer:
If I don’t act FAST, I might lose my sister

She made a mistake marrying this beast and I can’t keep on looking.

Please, what’s the fastest way to institute a divorce in lagos?

Since you did not state exactly what happened, separation is the best option, forget about what people will say, some body must be a topic of discussion

Let your family ask your sister to come home, if she is actually complaining about the marriage as a bitter marriage

It's still too young for her to experience bitterness in marriage

Someone will appreciate her more

Marriage these days, is not a do or die affairs, if its not working out, just walk out alive

When men are frustrated, they vent their anger on their wives

If the man comes for peace, you guys should not be in a hurry to release your sister

I also hope she has a job at hand

1 Like

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Xisnin(m): 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Iogobenz:
If the guy was poor,the sister for don pack her load commot tey tey.
You are the one that is strange to not know this undecided
You comment as if you are some alien who just arrived in Nigeria.
Poor men are the most abusive in marriage even when the wife foots most of the bill.
And the poor wives are the least likely to divorce or separate.

3 Likes

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by DenreleDave(m): 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
Xisnin:
Mr. herma phrodite? Are you the beastly husband or his relation?

Mr abi na miss odephrodite, are you the wolfly wife or her relation?
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by DenreleDave(m): 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
ivolt:

What a fool!
I, ivolt hope remain single for live inside poverty and misery because no woman deserve the disaster of a person that I am.

What an idiat
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by NdiaraIGBO: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
stephessie1907:
pls dont try to spoil her marriage, the only way you can help her is by praying that God should change the husband. mbok.

Empty brain! People like you are just crazy. You will allow person die because of marriage? May be you are also crippled and can't survive on your own, long throat. This is the reason my girls must be professionals and independent by force! Otherwise I will not partake in any stupid marriage.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by Iogobenz(m): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Poor men are the most abusive in marriage even when the wife foots most of the bill.
lies!
If a man is poor and abusive,the woman leaves immediately.
They only endure when the man is well to do.

1 Like

Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by NdiaraIGBO: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
But he was abroad naw... Abi dude came back empty?

Don't be fooled by the bright lights and beautiful pictures!
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by saajus: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
If it's that critical, you should be talking about separation first. By all means, get ur sister and the children (if any) out of the house. Find a discreet place that the man won't have access to. Divorce can start later. Make sure your plan is very secretive. She must prepare his best meal the day she's going to leave. He may harm you guys if he knows. If she's working in a corporate environment, she needs to take off. Also, keep all abuse proofs (video/audio/pictures) you got, they will be useful in Court.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by NdiaraIGBO: 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Na lie! Unless the woman has other psychological or self esteem issues.
Re: How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. by godfrey01(m): 9:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Born2conquer:
If I don’t act FAST, I might lose my sister

She made a mistake marrying this beast and I can’t keep on looking.

Please, what’s the fastest way to institute a divorce in lagos?

whats happening betweeen them.. don't just come here and talk about devorce. what makes him a beast, what makes you think he wants to kill your sister, what is your sister doing right or wrong, is she is only wife... give us details

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Please Should Continue My Marriage Plan With Her After Hearing This? / Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Another Man, She Starves Husband Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.