Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) (56852 Views)

History Of Umuoji Town, Idemili North, Anambra / Ekpeye Masquerade Festival In Rivers State (Photos) / Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by AmeLonRo(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by Johnson8976: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
see below
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by Kiaka8: 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
I hope say express no dey dat area o... otherwise

grin grin
[/s]
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by MYZOLE: 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgYfP2z4BWI

@OP, would there be Utali competition like the one in the above video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceb3mCsu3yk

I hope they won't end up fighting like these marlian masquerades above grin
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by michaelbills(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lol una too dey fear. My Hausa gateman told me of one masquerade. You must switch off the light, it will knock on doors. You dare not open or answer.
Lovelyn451:
This one na social masquerade, my village own na baaaad one, only comes out by 1am to pay condolence to powerful dead ichies, once you hear its chaka chaka from afar, just close windows and curtains, off light and close your eyes tight
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by Yamleg: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
osamz007:
House, I just lost some of my important pictures any way to get them back? I mistakenly deleted the folder.
God Don Cash you, sheybi you dey threaten Cynthia say you want to release her nudes...
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by osamz007: 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yamleg:

God Don Cash you, sheybi you dey threaten Cynthia say you want to release her nudes...

Lol

1 Like

Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by EmpressKabani: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
DesignHave:

Social distancing guys. That's how we can beat this thing.

Maintain a proper hygiene. U no go die if you no attend just this once.

At least do it for your family that you live with. EmpressKabani
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
this one na Christmas tree not masquerade jare cool
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by redsun(m): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
EZENDIZUOGU:
this one na Christmas tree not masquerade jare cool

Maybe it is catholic church masquerade with the father Christmas themed regalia. grin
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by ekesoft(m): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
NoTire:
Uzoiyi Umuoji Festival of Arts & Culture will hold on Sunday 22nd March 2020 at Umuoji Township Stadium. This is despite the State governor putting a halt to mass gatherings across the state.

Meanwhile the beautiful Masquerade is is nice sight to behold, With it's green and christmas fir tree resemblance. Everyone would wish the festival holds and that COVID-19 goes away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nI5JMM3zaM

That costume could be used for camouflage !! During war !! Perfect!! Maybe would hack something like this into pubg
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by Lovelyn451(f): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
michaelbills:
Lol una too dey fear. My Hausa gateman told me of one masquerade. You must switch off the light, it will knock on doors. You dare not open or answer.
they're girded with enough charms!!!even their opi blowers and ndi oti mmanwu always maintain a distance around them, they dare not touch it and a strong dibia must come along .ours is mmanwu ojoo... When an old ichie dies, the village grows cold, people speak in whispers in the market place cos ajo mmanwu is coming, before 7pm everybody is in their houses, by 1am you start hearing chaka chaka chaka...lmao very scary, I miss village o
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by nextlevelmoves: 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
Egugun no be careful o,there is no need for that but express dey everywhere o
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by nextlevelmoves: 6:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Egugun no be careful o,there is no need for that but express dey everywhere o shocked
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
NoTire:
Uzoiyi Umuoji Festival of Arts & Culture will hold on Sunday 22nd March 2020 at Umuoji Township Stadium. This is despite the State governor putting a halt to mass gatherings across the state.

Meanwhile the beautiful Masquerade is is nice sight to behold, With it's green and christmas fir tree resemblance. Everyone would wish the festival holds and that COVID-19 goes away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nI5JMM3zaM

Igbo.people and juju are like bread and butter. Don't be surprised that the same person that is behind the masquerade is a pastor in a church..god forbid that I should allow any Igbo pastor to touch my head,
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by olong1(m): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
Egungu be careful na express u dey go

Lawgod247:
egungun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by AreaFada2: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
RaptorX:
There is this voodoo masquerade in Togo and Benin called the Zangbeto, they will flip it over and there is nothing inside but when it is stood upright it will start moving on its own spinning around, sometimes snakes and crocodile will appear when they flip it over.
The more you look the less you see.
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by stieyven(m): 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
cenaman:
Choronavirus won't affect the masquerade. Masquerade is a spirit.
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by michaelbills(m): 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
Us that grew up in Lagos didn’t experience all these. I only saw active masquerade when I was younger.I don’t thing I was more than 5. My guy from Abia state said it not a small thing. There’s one that forbids women and maybe you are a stranger they may let you be. There was one particular one The masquerade was misbehaving even chasing the people around it, to the extent it chased and gave a member some matchete cuts. They had to trace the origin of the masquerade from Abia to Akwa Ibom. The god was appeased an they returned the masquerade. The people man who wore it last was asked why did he go to the extent of cutting someone he replied that immediately he wore the outfit he didn’t know what happened again. Juju dey!

Lovelyn451:
they're girded with enough charms!!!even their opi blowers and ndi oti mmanwu always maintain a distance around them, they dare not touch it and a strong dibia must come along .ours is mmanwu ojoo... When an old ichie dies, the village grows cold, people speak in whispers in the market place cos ajo mmanwu is coming, before 7pm everybody is in their houses, by 1am you start hearing chaka chaka chaka...lmao very scary, I miss village o
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by OmoOduduwa01: 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
Egungun be careful na express you dey go
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by Resivim: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
I dey talk am now o, before e go happen, every street don turn express o....grin
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by PrinceMajestic: 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
I respect Igbo culture, its indeed beautifully great. Those guys are there with live spirit from the sacred forest. The way he moved his hand from inside, how he was greeted and especially the way he started moving away every true African knows he's the spirit himself. What can be more beautiful than African culture in planet earth? Not Christianity where a god claims his son is himself and had his son/himself killed in a gruesome manner in order to forgive Christians sins n evils himself created and even abandoned himself/his son on the cross at mercy of jews despite the himself/his son begging him to save him. Lol, mad religion. I even prefer Islam to such mad story
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by Rossididdy(f): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
Umuoji my town
Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by enigmaticlion: 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
NoTire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nI5JMM3zaM. Christmas tree �

Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by enigmaticlion: 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
Christmas tree �
NoTire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nI5JMM3zaM. Christmas tree �

Re: Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) by YangaBabe: 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
Egungu be careful na express you de go. Make dem no video how motor go jamb you with a Tecno phone.

Well, the video go clear as well especially if na Camon phone dem use

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Gifts Wife, Omowumi A New House - Pictures / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Prince Monday Obukeni Weds 2 Women Ufuoma Ozoro, Oghale Andrew Same Day In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.