Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196611 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Lol, na smallz o
That's the whole point man, keep it going.
Big fan of yours here (most loyal grin)

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
Are you sure because 25€ per hour is a lot of money in Ireland.
That’s around 50K in a year.
That’s good money
zeb04:

hey chiggsglover, i am about to apply for an MSC in perinatal mental health at the university of limerick. any idea if mental health jobs are lucrative over there? i am not a nurse tho.

my worry is that they may prefer nurses with mental health degree over me, i have a b.sc in biochemistry.

secondly i checked on indeed.com, and i saw the hourly pay is 25$ which is 200$ per day, 1,400& per week and 5600$ per month is that bad compared to the standard of living.... rent ,groceries and stuff?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
Order from AliExpress grin but make he no go blow for road grin grin
Don’t worry, they are always doing sales promo.
Samuelsegs:

it's about 600€ to get one... it's damn expensive
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2020
seunny4lif:
Order from AliExpress grin but make he no go blow for road grin grin
Don’t worry, they are always doing sales promo.

haha..lol..oooh why nairaland no dey allow Better emoji self..grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

But where person won take ride am for Nigeria cheesy
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
grin
Ride inside Nigeria?
No try am ooooh I beg you.
Car park Tanker driver no see am, na scooter he go come see grin grin
Samuelsegs:

haha..lol..oooh why nairaland no dey allow Better emoji self..grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

But where person won take ride am for Nigeria cheesy
Re: Adventure In Ireland by abelorode: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
@Chiggsglover Nice thread you have here bro. I must say you are a good writer and you are doing reallyif You don’t mind me digressing a bit, so you have an idea on how much study visa application costs in Naira? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
abelorode:
@Chiggsglover Nice thread you have here bro. I must say you are a good writer and you are doing reallyif You don’t mind me digressing a bit, so you have an idea on how much study visa application costs in Naira? Thanks
Thank you, keep following.
Study visa is about 25k, when you combine all the extra naija wieghts and rubbish that do beset us, it comes close to 50k.
Same thing with international! Passport that's officially 19k. Which they do grossly for 35k and you get in a week. If you want to go by the rules and pay the official amount, if it's possible to apply for visa without passport, your visa will be out and your passport will become prayer point.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
Sparrow0:

That's the whole point man, keep it going.
Big fan of yours here (most loyal grin)
Thanks man.
I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by GermanyChaser: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks man.
I appreciate

Bro Tell me how are you coping in this lockdown? What do you do for fun these days?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Samuelsegs:

it's about 600€ to get one... it's damn expensive
Well for quality one it's from about €350. But it's worth it. Going by the standard weekly bus fare, €20 has gone, times it for a month, that's €80. That's a lot actually.
I won't advise the electric scooter, cos of the small wheels and when you run over a small stone, you might land on the floor with a thud in proportion to your weight. Plus you're only standing like Abraham Lincoln statue and moving around like The Nun in Ed and Lorraine movie.
I can still remember, last year, during my last few months in Nigeria. I usually take my dog for a walk in the evenings, the brt road isn't as active as its quite narrow and the brt only remembers they have a lane only during rush hour and hold ups. So it's a fun place to take a stroll, jog and exercise. Who did I offend that I'll start running up and down.... only a fool runneth when no man pursureth, hahahah . I just plug my ears and walk. So on one of those evenings, I was with this other family dog that's a very timid. And one fellow with a skating shoe was cruising past. I have never seen my dog so agitated. I almost dropped the chain and run away like a fool, lol. Maybe the dog thought it was a ghost cos he wasn't in motion like how other two legged folks move.
Just joking o, exercise is good for you. Lol
I would prefer the Electric bike, prices starts from €450, for good one. Just when you're tired of pedaling having gotten the needed daily torture your legs needs. You can surrender to the power of Electricity while you thank Faraday for brainstorming about harnessing the power of Lightening. Also when you get to the hills, you'll simply zoom. No one needs to tell you how miserable you'll be when battery of the scooter runs out. The tires of a bike is bigger, and wherever the wheels of a bike goes, you know with confidence that it's yours.

9 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
GermanyChaser:

Bro Tell me how are you coping in this lockdown? What do you do for fun these days?
Well, I only see the Lockdown around, even if I'm unemployed, I'm usually busy and have a lot I do to relax, missed my live streaming services, online and offline games, the number of books I have to read has started to pile up.
Thanks for asking

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Well, I only see the Lockdown around, even if I'm unemployed, I'm usually busy and have a lot I do to relax, missed my live streaming services, online and offline games, the number of books I have to read has started to pile up.
Thanks for asking

@ Chiggsglovee on an average how much do you spend on groceries and which stores are the best for groceries .Your response would be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
Theblink123:

@ Chiggsglovee on an average how much do you spend on groceries and which stores are the best for groceries .Your response would be highly appreciated.
Sorry which stores are the cheapest* ���
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2020
seunny4lif:
grin
Ride inside Nigeria?
No try am ooooh I beg you.
Car park Tanker driver no see am, na scooter he go come see grin grin

make Dem no go crush person..lolgrin

nairaland gatz dey allow better emoji na..which kind ugly outdated emoji them dey use na..when emoji full person phone
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 9:09am On Jul 03, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Well for quality one it's from about €350. But it's worth it. Going by the standard weekly bus fare, €20 has gone, times it for a month, that's €80. That's a lot actually.
I won't advise the electric scooter, cos of the small wheels and when you run over a small stone, you might land on the floor with a thud in proportion to your weight. Plus you're only standing like Abraham Lincoln statue and moving around like The Nun in Ed and Lorraine movie.
I can still remember, last year, during my last few months in Nigeria. I usually take my dog for a walk in the evenings, the brt road isn't as active as its quite narrow and the brt only remembers they have a lane only during rush hour and hold ups. So it's a fun place to take a stroll, jog and exercise. Who did I offend that I'll start running up and down.... only a fool runneth when no man pursureth, hahahah . I just plug my ears and walk. So on one of those evenings, I was with this other family dog that's a very timid. And one fellow with a skating shoe was cruising past. I have never seen my dog so agitated. I almost dropped the chain and run away like a fool, lol. Maybe the dog thought it was a ghost cos he wasn't in motion like how other two legged folks move.
Just joking o, exercise is good for you. Lol
I would prefer the Electric bike, prices starts from €450, for good one. Just when you're tired of pedaling having gotten the needed daily torture your legs needs. You can surrender to the power of Electricity while you thank Faraday for brainstorming about harnessing the power of Lightening. Also when you get to the hills, you'll simply zoom. No one needs to tell you how miserable you'll be when battery of the scooter runs out. The tires of a bike is bigger, and wherever the wheels of a bike goes, you know with confidence that it's yours.

The price has actually reduced tho..it was 599 before... lol @Abraham Lincoln cheesy grin

yeah, you actually got point tho..it's just that i thought I've ride bicycle to the extent that I think I have to try something New..plus you can actually carry your scooter along when going to a very far place (example) when you went to GALWAY

more Pictures o please cheesy

Pics makes a thread more fun to read..your first Twenty pages was so Awesome,you know why?

Despite the fact that some folks got less data to read only.. Majority are also here to see pictures,Body dey sweet me if I see those pictures, especially when I see like ten together cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by GermanyChaser: 11:32am On Jul 03, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks for asking

Nice. Uwc bro

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Kenny242(m): 11:50am On Jul 03, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks for asking

Bro do u have an idea of how much it will cost for permanent residency(permanent immigration) there, and how easy is it to get a job there.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
First you will need to secure a job first then your company needs to secure your work permits then you have to work for over 5 years before thinking about PR in Ireland
But note you can’t change your job, if you are on working permits even thru they do anyhow.
But once you get your Stamp4 then you boom you alright.
Already an EU citizens always comes before you
Kenny242:

Bro do u have an idea of how much it will cost for permanent residency(permanent immigration) there, and how easy is it to get a job there.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
ALDI and LIDL for foods
Pennys for wears but most wears stores always do sales where you get 50% of the normal price
Never worry about foods and clothes in Europe but worry about your house rent and bills.
No brother’s or sister’s house in Europe cos you are on your own.

M
Theblink123:

Sorry which stores are the cheapest* ���

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Gbam
I did my own passport in Germany and no drama but my guys waited over a year for their own passport to come out.
Nigeria embassies in Rome, London and Dublin are the worst thing to happen to a Nigerian
Chiggsglover:

Study visa is about 25k, when you combine all the extra naija wieghts and rubbish that do beset us, it comes close to 50k.
Same thing with international! Passport that's officially 19k. Which they do grossly for 35k and you get in a week. If you want to go by the rules and pay the official amount, if it's possible to apply for visa without passport, your visa will be out and your passport will become prayer point.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
seunny4lif:
First you will need to secure a job first then your company needs to secure your work permits then you have to work for over 5 years before thinking about PR in Ireland
But note you can’t change your job, if you are on working permits even thru they do anyhow.

Can you confirm this? I think the rule is that you can't change your job in the first year. After 2 years, you should be able to change jobs if you get a better one!
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
If your visa is based on Working permits, you can’t change except you have Stamp 4
Dwebb55:

Can you confirm this? I think the rule is that you can't change your job in the first year. After 2 years, you should be able to change jobs if you get a better one!
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
seunny4lif:
If your visa is based on Working permits, you can’t change except you have Stamp 4

But a stamp 4 is what you'll get if you apply for a job from here in Nigeria. Only those who studied at Level 8 or 9 are eligible for the Stamp 1G so it doesn't apply here. Well you have confirmed that jobs can be changed on a stamp 4!
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
seunny4lif:

ALDI and LIDL for foods
Pennys for wears but most wears stores always do sales where you get 50% of the normal price
Never worry about foods and clothes in Europe but worry about your house rent and bills.
No brother’s or sister’s house in Europe cos you are on your own.

Thanks alot, dont worry about that rent stuff my school has got that covered DKIT offers scholarship accommodation. Once again thanks bro /sis.
M
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
You still in Nigeria?

You can’t get Stamp 4 from Nigeria
Thought you are studying here already.
Your working permits, can be invoke by company that invited you, if you don’t at least complete one year of working with the company that invited you .
I know a lot of Indians that moved here based on working permits from India and the salaries are crazy over 70K
Dwebb55:

But a stamp 4 is what you'll get if you apply for a job from here in Nigeria. Only those who studied at Level 8 or 9 are eligible for the Stamp 1G so it doesn't apply here. Well you have confirmed that jobs can be changed on a stamp 4!
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dundalk is cheap now
Just 1 hr from Dublin with Matthews bus or 1:30 with Bus Eire or Train

Buying Nigeria raw food in Dundalk is the problem.
You can see goat to buy self and it’s just 140€ for a full goat
[quote author=Theblink123 post=91343253][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by abelorode: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thank you brotherly for this. I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by ExpressBooking(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
seunny4lif:

Please I beg to disagree with you on the above point.

If your employer filed for CSEP or GEP for you which is valid for two years each, then u are not permitted to take another employment until you have worked one year for that employer. And when you arrive Ireland on these permits you get stamp 1 permission for both. Then after 2 years on CSEP you move to stamp 4, while you have to be on GEP for 5 years to be able to go to stamp 4.

Then while you are on stamp 4 which is PR, you are eligible to apply for citizenship after 5 years. Nobody gets stamp 4 by just getting a job from Nigeria. You can only get a stamp 4 on a shorter route if you are married to an Irish or EU citizen legally residing in Ireland.

Stamp 3 is for spouses or dependants of Stamp 1(excluding CSEP holder) and stamp 4 holders. Any holder of stamp 3 requires DSEP to work.

Spouses of stamp 1 holders under CSEP gets stamp 1G which enables them to work without employment permit.

Stamp 2 and 2A are for students and are not part of reckonable residence towards PR

Level 8 and 9 graduates gets stamp 1G as post graduate work permit

Stamp 1,1G,3 counts towards reckonable residence for PR

CSEP = Critical Skills Employment Permit
GEP= General Employment Permit
DSEP= Dependant/Spouse Employment Permit

9 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
I never said, he will get Stamp 4 from Nigeria I said until he get a Stamp 4,he is not free.
The other guy was the one talking about Stamp 4 from Nigeria not me

Oh I mention Stamp 4 grin
I thought I typed Stamp 1
Lol

Stamp 4 carry a lot of load
Stamp4EUFAM
Stamp 4 for spouse of Irish citizens or Parents of an Irish citizens or refugee

Thanks for the correction
ExpressBooking:

Please I beg to disagree with you on the above point.

If your employer filed for CSEP or GEP for you which is valid for two years each, then u are not permitted to take another employment until you have worked one year for that employer. And when you arrive Ireland on these permits you get stamp 1 permission for both. Then after 2 years on CSEP you move to stamp 4, while you have to be on GEP for 5 years to be able to go to stamp 4.

Then while you are on stamp 4 which is PR, you are eligible to apply for citizenship after 5 years. Nobody gets stamp 4 by just getting a job from Nigeria. You can only get a stamp 4 on a shorter route if you are married to an Irish or EU citizen legally residing in Ireland.

Stamp 3 is for spouses or dependants of Stamp 1(excluding CSEP holder) and stamp 4 holders. Any holder of stamp 3 requires DSEP to work.

Spouses of stamp 1 holders under CSEP gets stamp 1G which enables them to work without employment permit.

Stamp 2 and 2A are for students and are not part of reckonable residence towards PR

Level 8 and 9 graduates gets stamp 1G as post graduate work permit

Stamp 1,1G,3 counts towards reckonable residence for PR

CSEP = Critical Skills Employment Permit
GEP= General Employment Permit
DSEP= Dependant/Spouse Employment Permit

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
seunny4lif:
Gbam
I did my own passport in Germany and no drama but my guys waited over a year for their own passport to come out.
Nigeria embassies in Rome, London and Dublin are the worst thing to happen to a Nigerian
Oh man, I don dey fear o. How someone will wait for passport for a year is busting my head.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Kenny242:

How much, no idea,
Lots of part time jobs and fewer full time jobs, it's not easy tho.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
Samuelsegs:

The price has actually reduced tho..it was 599 before... lol @Abraham Lincoln cheesy grin

yeah, you actually got point tho..it's just that i thought I've ride bicycle to the extent that I think I have to try something New..plus you can actually carry your scooter along when going to a very far place (example) when you went to GALWAY

more Pictures o please cheesy

Pics makes a thread more fun to read..your first Twenty pages was so Awesome,you know why?

Despite the fact that some folks got less data to read only.. Majority are also here to see pictures,Body dey sweet me if I see those pictures, especially when I see like ten together cheesy
Well, you're right, I'll see about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.