Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196515 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Oshiiin: 5:26am On Sep 27, 2020
Can someone please give an estimate of the amount one should go with, particularly considering the fact that things are kinda strange this year and one can’t use estimate of those that travelled last year. @Chiggsglover and many more that can contribute please. Those in Ireland too can help provide suggestions too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nzeelvis(m): 10:03am On Sep 27, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Welcome, You are not alone in this city, hit me up if you have confusing questions.
Thank you bro...My flight is on Thursday but I am finding it difficult to register with INIS.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
INIS is the most difficult of all things
I will send you a link of guys that do the booking online but you will have to play like 40€
Nzeelvis:
Thank you bro...My flight is on Thursday but I am finding it difficult to register with INIS.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
1€ = 480
School fees 12K €
At least be prepare to spend around 8M
Oshiiin:
Can someone please give an estimate of the amount one should go with, particularly considering the fact that things are kinda strange this year and one can’t use estimate of those that travelled last year. @Chiggsglover and many more that can contribute please. Those in Ireland too can help provide suggestions too. Thanks
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Alday: 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
I'd say 10million for visa process.

Even with the form A rate of max 461, you'd still need almost 9-10m for (estimated MSc school fees budget of 12k and 7k compulsory minimum balance for one year living expenses).

Health insurance for international students will also increase from October to about 400 - 700 from 150

Modified: For PTA, people on this thread have mostly gone with between 1000 and 4k) depending on the expenses you settled before arrival.

seunny4lif:
1€ = 480
School fees 12K €

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Oshiiin: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
seunny4lif:
1€ = 480
School fees 12K €
No, I already got visa I’m asking about BTA
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nzeelvis(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
seunny4lif:
INIS is the most difficult of all things
I will send you a link of guys that do the booking online but you will have to play like 40€
Send it. Thank you.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
OOH
You can hold just 500 Euros
Oshiiin:

No, I already got visa I’m asking about BTA

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
Imagine
Our currency is really bad ooooooh
Things go hard but if you can manage 8M
Alday:
I'd say 10million for visa process.

Even with the form A rate of max 461, you'd still need almost 9-10m for (estimated MSc school fees budget of 12k and 7k compulsory minimum balance for one year living expenses).

Health insurance for international students will also increase from October to 700 from 150

Modified: For PTA, people on this thread have mostly gone with between 1500 and 4k) depending on the expenses you settled before arrival.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Goodman247: 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
wowdiva:

This is the umpteenth time I am hearing this. Alot of people tend to prefer people of other race. Shey Naija carry their craze self reach abroad?
Run run from Nigerians o

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
Nzeelvis:
Getting it has been difficult
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
Oshiiin:
From €2k
Higher the better, so you stay afloat till you get something doing. Jobs have reduced and it seems they will make things tighter, that means more jobs will go as the covid case continue to rise.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
adigun98:

thanks alot for the info boss.........
is it possible i get a job from Nigeria ?
Yes it is
You'll need to have necessary qualifications and experience. CV has to be on point and attractive.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
seunny4lif:
Good you already learning Nigerians behaviors here cheesy
Yes ooo, have to observe well. I lived with some and it wasnt great
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
seunny4lif:
grin
Funny things is that family knows the rules because the kids were born here
Imagine, this one too much o. If it were those that come for holiday now...

I actually enjoy eating while I'm traveling. Especially in lagos with the hot climate...drinking softdrink in the Hold up has always been satisfying
.I are in the X20 bus on my way to Galway

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
Do you have any shared room for rent?
I need am
Chiggsglover:

Yes ooo, have to observe well. I lived with some and it wasnt great

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by adigun98(m): 12:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Yes it is
You'll need to have necessary qualifications and experience. CV has to be on point and attractive.
Thanks Alot boss ....

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Oshiiin: 6:52am On Sep 29, 2020
Chiggsglover:

From €2k
Higher the better, so you stay afloat till you get something doing. Jobs have reduced and it seems they will make things tighter, that means more jobs will go as the covid case continue to rise.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:02am On Sep 29, 2020
seunny4lif:
Do you have any shared room for rent?
I need am
You talk late. I connected the empty room in my house to one of those that's coming in October

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2020
how much ?
Chiggsglover:

You talk late. I connected the empty room in my house to one of those that's coming in October

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2020
seunny4lif:
how much ?
€450 actually, the guy is moving on 30th
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Jayhansdboss(m): 11:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello Chiggslover.
Please how about the job market for microbiologist in Ireland. Can one get work permit for courses like that? Or you would advice coming for Msc.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Preye21: 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hello everyone, I would be traveling to Ireland very soon, booked my flight for 14th, please I wanted to ask what's the next step forward, should I open a domiciliary account here in Nigeria or I should do the edubond?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Jayhansdboss:
Hello Chiggslover.
Please how about the job market for microbiologist in Ireland. Can one get work permit for courses like that? Or you would advice coming for Msc.
You can explore the critical work permit list, I really don't know much about your course. I never get job yet.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
Preye21:
Hello everyone, I would be traveling to Ireland very soon, booked my flight for 14th, please I wanted to ask what's the next step forward, should I open a domiciliary account here in Nigeria or I should do the edubond?
I really don't have much to say as the rules has changed.
I ignored my Dom account and brought my normal Gtb bank naira mastercard.
I could withdraw as I please with a €2 fee per withdrawal.
Now with the Forex shortage, the rules has changed. I hear there's a limit now.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
Something strange happened yesterday.

One of the followers here, was coming to Dublin from Nigeria . From the DM, he got lucky and secured a room in the house I live. I could see the amazement in his face as I showed him around the house, how we use the facilities...., this would have been what he would have seen before he pays. The owner of the house will arrange a viewing and then show you all there is to know, the location of things and household items...he was supposed to see them before he pays. But he paid before seeing them.

He could recognize some parts of the house based on what I post here and when I finally took him to my room. I could see something similar to when a fiction springs to life. It was very satisfying I must say and priceless. He was scanning the room and he was cross-referencing it to the image he had in his mind when I described the house and the few pictures I posted. I couldn't stop smiling when he asked me about the BlackBerries. grin

24 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Joohan: 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
Chiggsglover:

One of the followers here, was coming to Dublin from Nigeria . From the DM, he got lucky and secured a room in the house I live. I could see the amazement in his face as I showed him around the house, how we use the facilities...., this would have been what he would have seen before he pays. The owner of the house will arrange a viewing and then show you all there is to know, the location of things and household items...he was supposed to see them before he pays. But he paid before seeing them.

He could recognize some parts of the house based on what I post here and when I finally took him to my room. I could see something similar to when a fiction springs to life. It was very satisfying I must say and priceless. He was scanning the room and he was cross-referencing it to the image he had in his mind when I described the house and the few pictures I posted. I could stop smiling when he asked me about the BlackBerries. grin

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 6:48am On Oct 02, 2020
Chiggsglover:

He could recognize some parts of the house based on what I post here and when I finally took him to my room. I could see something similar to when a fiction springs to life. It was very satisfying I must say and priceless. He was scanning the room and he was cross-referencing it to the image he had in his mind when I described the house and the few pictures I posted. I couldn't stop smiling when he asked me about the BlackBerries. grin

Now that's a real follower. The BlackBerries gave him out.

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Preye21: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
Chiggsglover:

I really don't have much to say as the rules has changed.
I ignored my Dom account and brought my normal Gtb bank naira mastercard.
I could withdraw as I please with a €2 fee per withdrawal.
Now with the Forex shortage, the rules has
changed. I hear there's a limit now.
Ok thanks
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Alday: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
wowdiva:

Now that's a real follower. The BlackBerries gave him out.

The berries gave ME out
grin

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
Alday:

The berries gave ME out
grin

Hehehehhehe

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.