Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196319 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
Brightfab:
This a lot worse here in Nigeria especially in busy markets girls passing by are often times molested with derogatory statements like "fine girl u go sweet oh" and worse to the extent of grabbing their yan$h and boóbs, these girls most times are helpless to confront the persons who make these statements. We really need to cut it down.
Meanwhile 100k views Chiggs cheesy wink

What you see in the Nigeria happens in other countries also and it's shocking. From the idle statements to unconscious groping in the bus to boldly grabbing them.

Thank you for that tho, my eyes went there after you pointed it out. It's been a journey.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2020
Drenimarcus:

It is way worse in the summer, Jobs 31vs 1 has always been my watchword. Hope you doing good brother.
Summer things eh, I also look ooo. Just better to say nothing. I would be sad if they are not comfortable to dress light in the summer, hehe

I'm doing well o, how the Snow na.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
25naira:

Longest time bro smiley
happy new month and hope you are doing good?? cheesy
Thank you very much bro.
HNP.

We don't do HNP in Ireland. It's only that we discuss the striking things that the month brings, like Christmas is Around the corner.

The rain touched me today, not doing well o. Had to soak myself in a hot bath.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
SageMahrez:
Nice thread
Thanks
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 05, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Thanks
Chiggs baba how tinzs now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by 25naira(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thank you very much bro.
HNP.

We don't do HNP in Ireland. It's only that we discuss the striking things that the month brings, like Christmas is Around the corner.

The rain touched me today, not doing well o. Had to soak myself in a hot bath.
Eya, sorry bro..
But I go still prefer the weather there over anything naija grin
Be good my man

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
wowdiva:

Huh! What size is the drink? I can see the bottle water is 2litre in size.
Hahahaha, it's a miniature.

I'm not sure it contains anything when it was new, just love the ornamental feel
Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Hahahaha, it's a miniature.

I'm not sure it contains anything when it was new, just love the ornamental feel
Ou! That explains the size, I thought it was an alcoholic drink

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by joejacobs10(m): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Thanks
Chiggs how far na? how's your program going? you're rounding up now right?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Fidelismaria: 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2020

nice write up chiggslover

so what are your after your project? do you plan on migrating to another European country? Or staying and getting a job?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by HappyBite: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
Hello, does anyone know when vfs offices close for the year and when they reopen for January? Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2020
Still Following smiley Good job chiggsglover

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 10:06am On Dec 09, 2020
Chiggslover Can I PM you on Messenger? smiley
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
Samuelsegs:
Still Following smiley Good job chiggsglover
Long time, happy you're alive. grin

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
joejacobs10:

Chiggs how far na? how's your program going? you're rounding up now right?
I'm doing well o
I'm so glad I've finished exams, currently doing my project

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
wowdiva:

Ou! That explains the size, I thought it was an alcoholic drink
Yes oooo, I love the stuff tho
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
Fidelismaria:

nice write up chiggslover

so what are your after your project? do you plan on migrating to another European country? Or staying and getting a job?

Lol, make I dey see, If I want to migrate, would have loved Canada, but it's too cold or Australia, too hot. Ireland is in the middle. Let me wait till I get the signal.

Although I have started getting the Signal to do what I like to do best. If you know you know grin

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
HappyBite:
Hello, does anyone know when vfs offices close for the year and when they reopen for January? Thank you
Hmmmm, you can contact them by email....or check their website
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
25naira:

Eya, sorry bro..
But I go still prefer the weather there over anything naija grin
Be good my man
Hahahah, I get you man
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
ZINIIBANKS:

Chiggs baba how tinzs now

I'm not baba o, all of you that have Big businesses in Nigeria are doing well o
I'm good o, u?
Long time
Re: Adventure In Ireland by 1manuel(m): 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2020
Finally reached the end.... Nice thread I most say

Omo this your thread dey make yankee dey hungry me.... I been dey do die hard Nigerian citizen Lol.... But if I get that 4.7mill ,I no go travel I swear I got just start up better enterprise

Matured comments and post
Very educative I learnt lot of things form your thread

No tribalism related stuff... Intact I observed this thread and I've concluded the poor... Kk lemme just say the jobless are the ones that carry tribalism on their head �

Nice writing too.. Just publish book.... I swear i go buy
Good evening from this side

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sportrends(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
@chiggslover....

Could you please help with your email address or number would love to ask you some questions

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by joejacobs10(m): 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2020
Chiggsglover:
I'm doing well o I'm so glad I've finished exams, currently doing my project
that's good. best of luck bro
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Drenimarcus(m): 2:47am On Dec 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Summer things eh, I also look ooo. Just better to say nothing. I would be sad if they are not comfortable to dress light in the summer, hehe

I'm doing well o, how the Snow na.

Na look no say o lol, it hasnt snowed this month o which is very weird, we even have a cool warm weather this week (knocks the door 3 times) make i no jinx am grin ; . Please i have a question, your dreads, did you leave them without combing when you want them locked or you used sponge?

My hair naturally is very curly, i am thinking of locking my hair, $25 every month wan kill me embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:55am On Dec 10, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Na look no say o lol, it hasnt snowed this month o which is very weird, we even have a cool warm weather this week (knocks the door 3 times) make i no jinx am grin ; . Please i have a question, your dreads, did you leave them without combing when you want them locked or you used sponge?

My hair naturally is very curly, i am thinking of locking my hair, $25 every month wan kill me embarassed

Hahaha, you might get lesser snow this year. We on this side might have a higher chance of snow, I started seeing frost on my bike seat and tyre late November.

About the locs, it's even cheaper on your side. They told me to pay €80. Imagine I have to pay that every month for 6months, I could buy a car, yes, a colleague of mine bought a car for €500, I could buy that easily with two weeks pay.

What I did was to watch youtube videos, from locking gels, to plaiting to twisting. So far that tool below is the best. You can get it from Joom or aliexpress. Joom is expensive but it almost certain it will arrive.

You'll have to part your hair in sections, and get a sizable strand, then use that tool to tangle your hair. If you are in a job where you have to open your hair, it's best you take the weekend and do it. If you have a partner, it's much better and faster.

This year, I added locking my hair as a means to relax, ill just put on a documentary or news and start to play around my hair and I find it very relaxing.
I'll advise against twisting and it can cause your locs to snap. I did twisting when I first started.
When I got my visa, I wasn't combing then and hair locked in one lump. So I had to do lots of ripping and parting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Lol, make I dey see, If I want to migrate, would have loved Canada, but it's too cold or Australia, too hot. Ireland is in the middle. Let me wait till I get the signal.

Although I have started getting the Signal to do what I like to do best. If you know you know grin

You wan pack out now grin
Dem go soon stop to dy rent house give you tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
Brightfab:

You wan pack out now grin
Dem go soon stop to dy rent house give you tongue tongue
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
1manuel:
Finally reached the end.... Nice thread I most say

Omo this your thread dey make yankee dey hungry me.... I been dey do die hard Nigerian citizen Lol.... But if I get that 4.7mill ,I no go travel I swear I got just start up better enterprise

Matured comments and post
Very educative I learnt lot of things form your thread

No tribalism related stuff... Intact I observed this thread and I've concluded the poor... Kk lemme just say the jobless are the ones that carry tribalism on their head �

Nice writing too.. Just publish book.... I swear i go buy
Good evening from this side

Evening bro
Thanks for the compliment tho. I'm sure I took you on a journey.

SO PROUD OF EVERYONE THAT COMMENTED HERE, YOU ALL MADE THIS THREAD POSSIBLE AND READABLE.

It will be awfully dreadful to read if this thread is only one sided, that's why I try to leave gaps just so someone could notice it and ask me a question, and then I fill up the gap, this makes it very interesting.
To those of you that read everything I wrote, I must say Big CONGRATULATIONS To you, if you can read everything I write, you can finish a book.
I should give your subconscious a certificate for being able to finish a book. If you say this isn't like a book, trust me, there are lovely books out there with a conversational and warm way of writing with specks of humour that will blow your mind.

The reading culture is going down, but Nairaland is doing a great job. The information contained here is awesome. it will be great if they can create a book section so young authors can come, read and if people find it interesting, they can compile their writeups to a book.

About Tribalism, Poverty is not the major cause, the holistic form of Tribalism is Racism. It's caused by lack of awareness and attitude. Lack of awareness in the sense that, when everyone around you is Tribalistic, and you're raised up in that environment, chances that you'll be tribalistic is high.
Many years ago, there was a time my parents took us to the village, every year, that was how I loved travelling especially by road. And then I loved the speed the driver goes, extremely satisfying. Sleeping when a vehicle is going fast, and or when a fan blows is heaven for me.
My neighbor was shocked when I bought a tower fan late October, he was like, In this Cold?
Traveling by road here is very boring, I tried to visit galway, the vehicle was crawling, I think bus was going about 70km/hr. When I got to my destination, I got out of the bus very annoyed and irritated, but my host gave me a lovely Italian cuisine that cleared the Vexination, lol.
Basically some irish people found it shocking, that 100km/hr is like the average in Nigeria. Here, some people even drive 30km and would speed up if I try to outrun them on a bike. This may be why I won't drive here, I like to cycle or drive hard. It's too slow for me.

In one of my visit to the village, my dad sent me to the house of one of his friend, about 15min walk from our compound, I got there and noticed a door on the other side opened, I peeked from afar, and saw two Yoruba men, I noticed from their dressing. Dad's friend told me that they pay the rent on time and they don't cause any trouble, so they are accepted by the villagers. I got home very enlightened and intrigued. I was very young then. This was a village where I felt like a stranger because I couldn't speak the Igbo language, me and my grandmother struggled to communicate, although I understood what was said to me and would reply in English, lol. It was the last place to see another person from another culture and the villagers readily accept them.
Would have loved to have a chat with them, but I had to leave.

When it came to girls, I considered all to be the same with various accents, there seem to be a bias that once a person is light skinned, they're Igbo, lol, though I never had much to do with Hausa girls, I almost in love with one while I was serving in kebbi, one thing that struck me was her accent and how she tries to impress me with Igbo language and dance.

How many of you have noticed the change in sound when you get to Lagos, coming from the east. You start hearing the speakers from the mosques and various street music that reminds you that you're back to the land of diversity.

Thank you very much for compliment, I'm glad I have a fan when I write a book.

12 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2020
For the picture Update.....

First snow in Early December
The cold was Shocking!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
People started hanging out their Christmas decorations late November, they said they needed the light to cheer them up as this year was Grim.

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2020

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (94) (Reply)

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.