Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196655 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol you could've just use emoji to cover your face but you choose to create your own, it's really terrible grin
Happy new month man, wish you all the good things of life plus all the beautiful Ireland girls grin
Lol, lemme alone oooo, theres a form of beauty you'll admire in rough sketches, who knows if I can create like Picasso.

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by imran90(m): 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nice thread I must say, kudos to you. How is life over there for working immigrants and have you met anyone since you get there.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Linsigne(m): 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Good to hear, this is what encourages us to post
especially the pictures u share, it is motivating me more

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Lol, lemme alone oooo, theres a form of beauty you'll admire in rough sketches, who knows if I can create like Picasso.
Lol grin How's the quarantine there and what's up in school, are you guys taking classes online?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol grin How's the quarantine there and what's up in school, are you guys taking classes online?
I take my classes online now, so will the exam also.

Before the lockdown, I have three appearance in school in a week, where I take four courses, three of them for purely Data Analytics with two meetings a week and the last one is a preparatory class for dissertation.

Every class is equipped with:

Projector and for a larger class, there will be a huge display in the middle so those at the back can see.

A charging box that houses about thirty laptops just incase you dont come with yours. This laptop can be accessed with your student ID; student number and password of your choosing. In the laptop, your student ID will unlock an Operating system which is hosted by a huge server. In this operating system, you have a windows arrangement, just as you can adjust and save things on your laptop, this also does that once you login.
We also have a student email service and a learning app called moodle where you can submit your assignment, see the notes your lecturer drops, and other resources.

Wifi connection your phone and laptop connect to instantly immediately you're in school. From your student
App, you can submit a file to be printed in any printer in the school environment, these printer are connected to your app.
When you get to the printer, you simply flash your Stidejt ID card which instantly brings out your account and the files you've sent over, a single tap, it is printed and deducted from your account.
Yes, your student card also hold currencies.

Lecturers computer, the projector and displays are connected to the lecturers computer which every class has. From this, the lecturer is able to access their account, change slides, connect their tablet so they can write directly into the display for all to see.

Heater and airflow system

Speaker system...

White board marker for the old school,

Card reader mounted at the door entrance so tap in when you enter the class. The information about your attendance is displayed for you and your lecturer to see in your ELearning app.

Awon feminist will be very happy to see this, one of my core IT courses is taken by a female Indian lecturer, shes doing well.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
imran90:
Nice thread I must say, kudos to you. How is life over there for working immigrants and have you met anyone since you get there.

Meeting people isnt the same as naija, its club person gaz go, no time for me, I enjoy the quiet time I watch youtube, read a book and cook myself something for now.

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
Linsigne:

especially the pictures u share, it is motivating me more
Thanks man, very good then
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dollywood(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Interesting Thread, I'm lovin' it

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Chiggsglover:

I take my classes online now, so will the exam also.

Before the lockdown, I have three appearance in school in a week, where I take four courses, three of them for purely Data Analytics with two meetings a week and the last one is a preparatory class for dissertation.
Wow you just blew my mind with the entire narrative. Your school is really great.

On a normal day (without COVID-19 grin) How's your schedule? Like do you have many classes or longer classes, doing other school stuffs and then closing late?
I heard it's not tough over there like other countries though.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2020
Dollywood:
Interesting Thread, I'm lovin' it

Thank you very much.

Just so you guys should know, I dont read my write ups, any errors you see, pls pardon me.
I type in the flow, that's why I might ramble and all, keep checking us out and stay safe.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sparrow0:

Wow you just blew my mind with the entire narrative. Your school is really great.

On a normal day (without COVID-19 grin) How's your schedule? Like do you have many classes or longer classes, doing other school stuffs and then closing late?
I heard it's not tough over there like other countries though.
You're right, a normal week involves me going to school only on monday, Thursday and friday.
I get about three classes a week, with two lectures per appearance.
On friday, I get two usual core courses and writing for graduate studies, to prepare us for our dissertation.
Cheers.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by adeyemi91(m): 3:06am On Apr 02, 2020
Big ups bro. The Lord uphold you.
And for those of us wishing to travel out, the Lord will make way for us. Amen.

24 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 5:00am On Apr 02, 2020
Chiggsglover:

You're right, a normal week involves me going to school only on monday, Thursday and friday.
I get about three classes a week, with two lectures per appearance.
On friday, I get two usual core courses and writing for graduate studies, to prepare us for our dissertation.
Cheers.
Wow that's great
Hopefully God bless my hustle soon, Ireland might be my top choice.

Also do you have any idea about how it goes for I.T major students? Like software engineering, data analyst, etc.
Sorry if I'm asking too much grin

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 5:02am On Apr 02, 2020
adeyemi91:
Amen o this year no go pass us whether Coronavirus like it or not

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:54am On Apr 02, 2020
Sparrow0:

Wow that's great
Hopefully God bless my hustle soon, Ireland might be my top choice.

Also do you have any idea about how it goes for I.T major students? Like software engineering, data analyst, etc.
Sorry if I'm asking too much grin
I can say that IT is a thriving sector in Ireland, software engineering is really good.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2020
adeyemi91:
Thank you, keep thriving and be safe

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2020
I promised to show you all what the quay looks like.
Its pronounced key, lol, I learnt that my first day in Ireland.
I booked Abigail's and it was located at Aston Quay.
The hostel is facing the quay actually.
I didn't pronounce quay as key but followed my English teacher rule of Thumb, Pronounce as you spell.
I must say that me and the driver had a wonderful tug of words. Until he got fed up. I simply reached for my Loyal Hand luggage and fetched the printed bus pass.
That bag has served me right from when I was in university, it followed me to the North and accompanied me in all my trips to lagos. I rocked it during my brief stay in ilorin and all.
I kinda bond with items and have lots of memorabilia.
Each with a precious memory. That's why I dont travel light easily.
It's a vintage leather travelling bag my mum used and gave me, if you want a picture, theres one I dropped when I was in Doha.
In the Quay, you can see lots of birds, that's another one too. You can spot the Luas tracks, that's the name of Dublin's tram.
The birds in Ireland are really huge, they can torture a chicken we have in Nigeria, they're even bigger than chickens and smarter. I'll write about them later.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chiggsglover:

I can say that IT is a thriving sector in Ireland, software engineering is really good.
Great thanks a whole lot grin

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dollywood(m): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thank you very much.

Just so you guys should know, I dont read my write ups, any errors you see, pls pardon me.
I type in the flow, that's why I might ramble and all, keep checking us out and stay safe.

We got you covered bro. cheesy

And please try to change your phone when u have cash. The phone camera you use to take this pictures is kinda awful.

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by sayitall(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
See how to caught the attention of your readers with a brilliant style of writing. If I may ask you Please, Does a person with third class stand a chance for admission into Data Analytic ?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dollywood:

We got you covered bro. cheesy

And please try to change your phone when u have cash. The phone camera you use to take this pictures is kinda awful.

You noticed right, the one on my phone is sharp, it's just Nairaland image resolution limit. You know how expensive data is in Nigeria, sharp pictures will finish peoples data. If you care of the shots, I can forward them to ya email.

I use a Samsung s8+, 10 don come out and e dey bust my brain. Since you got me covered, epp a broda na grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
sayitall:
See how to caught the attention of your readers with a brilliant style of writing. If I may ask you Please, Does a person with third class stand a chance for admission into Data Analytic ?

Awwnnnn, thanks man

Let me kill several birds with this stone below. This is for all.

The minimum requirement to enter into DBS Data Analytics is a second class lower, you'll need to package your application and work experience is going to be a huge boost.
Cheers man, I've been there, I had a 2'2 and was supposed to study in Canada, they said i had to do a TWO YEARS POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA before i do my two years masters.
I think my school can give you a 6month to one yr premasters or diploma, then you can jump in and to study your one year masters if you dont have work experience.
Then you can swiftly join the labour market and start to make impact.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by sayitall(m): 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
Thank you for your prompt response. Can you help writing out the email as it's kind of blur.
Regards.
Chiggsglover:

Awwnnnn, thanks man

The minimum requirement to enter into DBS Data Analytics is a second class lower, you'll need to package your application and work experience is going to be a huge boost.
Cheers man, I've been there, I had a 2'2 and was supposed to study in Canada, they said i had to do a TWO YEARS POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA before i do my two years masters.
I think my school can give you a 6month to one yr premasters or diploma, then you can jump in and to study your one year masters if you dont have work experience.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2020
Whats up Chiggsglover, nice trend BTW, we actually went to the same uni back in 9ja, What's the name of your school in Ireland

You noticed right, the one on my phone is sharp, it's just Nairaland image resolution limit. You know how expensive data is in Nigeria, sharp pictures will finish peoples data. If you care of the shots, I can forward them to ya email.

I use a Samsung s8+, 10 don come out and e dey bust my brain. Since you got me covered, epp a broda na grin[/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:53am On Apr 03, 2020
sayitall:
Thank you for your prompt response. Can you help writing out the email as it's kind of blur.
Regards.
Hmmmmm, so how do I write it.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:53am On Apr 03, 2020
badmanjo:
Whats up Chiggsglover, nice trend BTW, we actually went to the same uni back in 9ja, What's the name of your school in Ireland

I use a Samsung s8+, 10 don come out and e dey bust my brain. Since you got me covered, epp a broda na grin
Really, what university did you go to, I'm currently at Dublin business school.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2020
Ohh, Nice, Redeemers actually, still wanna get some info from you tho
Chiggsglover:

Really, what university did you go to, I'm currently at Dublin business school.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2020
badmanjo:
Ohh, Nice, Redeemers actually, still wanna get some info from you tho
Dm then
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunmohmoh(f): 11:21am On Apr 03, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Awwnnnn, thanks man

Which would you advice me to come for bsc or master's. I wanna study economics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 11:31am On Apr 03, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Will advice you do economics and start your ICAN in school, if you finish ICAN before graduation gal you made at your age you done big gal

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hotdawg: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
Waiting for the day's update chiggs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Masters wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.