Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196627 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2022
Last week, I was at the bus stop waiting for a bus, was quite in a rush, the bus I was waiting for just vanished.

Suddenly a taxi slowed and horned, horns are very rare in Ireland. I was especially on a busy road. There was an Irish woman next to me, I assumed the mam in the taxi was signalling her. She looked away and he beckoned on me to come.

I went, he was a fellow Nigerian going my way, and said he's just done with work and likes to help anyone.

I couldn't stop thanking him till he dropped me off. ����. I was surprised and stunned, it just made my day. Drive for hoarding wealth, fake life, Profit before People, flaunting has tainted us as a country. I understand everyone wants a easy life, excess money brings its own issues as well, I now have to worry about eating right, diet, portion control if not, the money will make you a prisoner in your own body. We only respect people based on resources, and will exploit humans, even family and friends to show off.
Look at our politician that should be thinking of legacy, very old, with parts of their body failing, looking to seize power to amass wealth they'll only enjoy for less than twenty years. Its just ridiculous!

Even irish men won't do what he did. Its pretty common in lagos, but due to hunger and desperation, alot of beneficiaries would try to extort. Some male drivers will only invite women they can't get their eyes off, knights in shiny benz... Posherella is swept off her feet.

Usually when im paying for a taxi, I like to be quiet, the taxi drivers will usually be inconveniencing me small talks. I just couldn't shut up. Im capable to pay for taxi, but such goodwill really made my day. Act of goodwill.

14 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by jaykayson: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
Gracely7th:
Please am looking for care work with any company that can sponsor. Company outside Dublin (cost of accommodation is high in Dublin). I have experience and certificate.
How do I DM
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Gracely7th(f): 12:33am On Oct 08, 2022
jaykayson:

How do I DM

Do you have links?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by jaykayson: 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
Gracely7th:

Do you have links?
Check your mail I sent you a request
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dpiano(m): 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
Please who knows about Holmes institute Dublin and is the school accredited??an agent sent me their admission offer...he wants me to pay my school fees through him..I don't know much about Ireland..anyone who can help with helpful information...I would be grateful
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2022
Dpiano:
Please who knows about Holmes institute Dublin and is the school accredited??an agent sent me their admission offer...he wants me to pay my school fees through him..I don't know much about Ireland..anyone who can help with helpful information...I would be grateful

Why would an agent want you to pay your school fees through him? You have access to the Internet and can confirm whether they are valid or not. My personal advice is to run away from such agents before you get burned

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by SirKingpin: 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Dpiano:
Why would the agent ask you to pay the school fees through him? This is clearly scam and I’m shocked you can’t see it.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by ICaSNg(f): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2022
Dpiano:

The school is genuine but a new school- they started last year in Dublin and only currently offering Undergraduate programs in Business.

Back to your question, either for Ireland or any country you should never pay tuition through an agent please.

So much can go wrong - e.g: if your visa is refused, the refund will be made only to the person or account that paid the tuition and such can abscond with your funds.

For Ireland, visa application requires you present the bank statement where your tuition was paid from and relationship to the person who made the payment- Relationship between a student and Agent is not acceptable by the Embassy and will lead to a refusal.

I have the contact of the In-Country rep for this school, kindly share the Agents name so I can report him to those who registered him as an Agent as this is totally unacceptable .

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by bankool: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2022
Please is there anyone relocating to Ireland soon?
I am relocating to Ireland at the end of the month and I'm thinking of settling in cork.
I've been trying to secure accomodation but it has been impossible as its scarce and expensive.
I've noticed that there more two bedroom offers outside of cork city central, if anyone is interested in sharing a flat in cork kindly signify.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by DHaran: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
Re: Adventure In Ireland by DHaran: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
Chiggsglover you emailed me,,,, why?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by completed: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2022
Please I need a cheap school for Sept next year intake in Ireland �� to study MSc Finance. Please my people I need your assistance
Re: Adventure In Ireland by ICaSNg(f): 6:14am On Nov 06, 2022
completed:
Please I need a cheap school for Sept next year intake in Ireland �� to study MSc Finance. Please my people I need your assistance

NCI
SETU-WIT
MTU-CORK

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chukdobz20: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2022
What's the average house rent in Dublin for a two rooms apartment?

Is it easy to find a job for example in IT? Work permit is not an issue.

How many months rent to landlords collect 1 month plus deposit?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by ExpressBooking(m): 5:41am On Dec 06, 2022
Chukdobz20:
What's the average house rent in Dublin for a two rooms apartment?

Is it easy to find a job for example in IT? Work permit is not an issue.

How many months rent to landlords collect 1 month plus deposit?

Any house in Ireland is not for the weak. Its not about price, rather the availability

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chukdobz20: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2022
ExpressBooking:

Any house in Ireland is not for the weak. Its not about price, rather the availability

Do you know the average rent price?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by austino677(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
Chukdobz20:

Do you know the average rent price?
dublin €1000 and above... Shared €500 and above

Dublin standard apartment from €1600 and above

Check online website and see for yourself https://www.daft.ie/property-for-rent/dublin-city
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2023
Happy new year everyone!!

2022 was a great year for me, graduated, got a job, met several people, with the last one showing very good potential and meeting up my expectations romantically as well as being a nice person.

This year was when I discovered i was Autistic.
I knew i wasn't normal from the onset, lol, I knew I was supersensitive, with the emphasis on physical sensitivity.
Changes in light is enough to wake me up!
I'll open another thread about this, its up to the mods to put it in the front page, I'm awkward with licking people's ass, that's part of me, I don't know the process for that.

I noticed I found it very difficult to maintain eye contact even though I read loads of articles in the magazines about ensuring better emotional connections when you maintain eye contacts.

Occasionally, I move my legs to relax. Way back over 15 years ago, I was down with malaria, my dad brought it to my notice and ask me why my legs was restless, I just told him, I DONT KNOW, we didn't have the necessity of the internet then.
That was when I noticed I do that. It was harmless, so they shrugged it off.

I knew something was off with me when my Dad mentioned in one of our family devotion that I didn't speak for a while as a child and that he laid hands on me and I started to talk. This is one of the signs of autism, delayed communication in children.
Nigeria failed me and other dyslexic children with lack of diagnosis and even support.

I'm super sensitive to light, especially bright lights, sounds, slight change in light, I'm awake. My roomie back in the university was very observant and because I was close to the window, when he had overnight practice, would simply put on his phone light, I'll pop out of bed.

I barely turn on my main light, I enjoy the dark, except for when I came to Ireland and discovered what ambient light is, it was a delight! I decorated my living room with lighting strips, it feels heavenly.

I get irritated with loud noise, which is why I barely go dancing. It was a nightmare in a Christian university where you're forced to attend church services. I always go home with headaches and would have to relax after church, waste of time and effort. The speakers were so loud as it was dance dance dance!!!

I spend time in the toilet as that's also a symptom of autism, Constipation, now I have control over my diet and groceries, drinking delicious peak milk helps me alot. My father kept moaning then about what I was doing so long in the toilet.
To ease that, what I did then was I try to go to the toilet before I shower, everyday, it was a big improvement.

I'm very sensitive, I think I'm an extrovert but the world isn't designed for us in mind, atm there's very few adult diagnosis centre, like autistic child won't grow into adults, especially those that aren't diagnosed. Sometimes I avoid people when I detect they're not genuine, I won't say energy, intuition, I can read people very well, it depends largely if I want to shrug it and hope they're different. Sometimes, I'm wrong but people are different given their mood, experiences...

I'm quite talented, could fix everything around the house when I was young, fully capable to put anything apart and couple it together, it's delicious to do that. My dad misses me cos I'm good with changing the car tyre, changing the oil, from a young age. Being an IT engineer suits me lol, its easy for me.

I do have meltdowns, especially when I'm very stressed, because I'm good at avoiding unpleasant people, only family especially my dad urgh, loved ones as well, friends and strangers can't trigger my meltdowns, they don't have that luxury.

My meltdowns includes yelling as I try to explain myself, I dont break things or do otherwise, one of my ex kept gaslighting me, she got good yelling. Its hard to be in a relationship with autism, but still I'm pretty good looking �. I don't beat people up, I never laid hands on my younger ones regardless of what they did, I did beat up two criminals in Nigeria haha, that scuffle was draining, filled me with adrenaline that my body twitched for hours.

I try to avoid being drunk, I drink socially, ofcourse, I can't handle drugs. To be a successful person with autism, it depends largely on how I'm able to masking it and appear normal. I thrive on routines, love it, that's how I'm able to provide care to my family and friends, I know on Sundays, I'll ring my dad or he'll ring me, some people I met in the past fell by the way side because I stopped reaching out to them.

The good friends I have now are the ones that persisted to keep in touch with me. It's impossible for me to pick up the phone and ring someone when I'm bored, I rather watch a movie, gym, game, news, cook something. So it's a test to good friends, I lack the energy to chase career, money, people or friends. The way Ireland is structured, you don't Need connection to survive.

Knowing I'm autistic makes things a whole lot better as I can hold my head high and put a name to my strangeness, its a massive relief to know this. I'll simply tell anyone I'm dating I'm autistic, if they value me, they'll put in the work, research and understand how I'm different as no Autistic people are the same. You'll be surprised the amount of rich people with autism, you Need to see Mark Zuckerberg give interviews, that's how awkward we are, or elon musk, he doesn't have the communication flow Allistic people have.

I changed my email to my school email, when I graduated, the school deleted the email account, an error keeps me from changing it, so I won't see anyone that tries to reach out, @wowdiva....

9 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
DHaran:
Chiggsglover you emailed me,,,, why?

Really?

I dont have access the the account
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chukdobz20: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
What's the average salary for a family of 3 to live comfortably in Ireland.

Is it possible to find a job with poor English language skills. My wife is from EU with not too good English.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2023
Chukdobz20:
What's the average salary for a family of 3 to live comfortably in Ireland.

Is it possible to find a job with poor English language skills. My wife is from EU with not too good English.
Average salary is tricky as the major expense is accommodation, food is relatively cheap regards income.
Since its three, you need at least a one bedroom apartment might cost upwards of €1500, it's even hard to get atm.
There's loads of jobs especially Factory and healthcare where you can survive with little English

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by adunnioladipupo: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
Chiggsglover:
I have read lots of amazing stories and experiences from the adventures of Nigerians in various part of the world. I usually feel somehow writing mine but decided I have to do it because it achieves various purposes like it makes Nigerians get a grip of the country and realities in the country. In my school, DBS, when you're inside, you'll think you're in India. Due to the fact that they spread the news about potential countries that is suitabe for migration, clear the path for those coming by suggesting suitable courses so they can easily get job. There's a reason the indians are dominating the workplace in Canada.

In my class, we're just three Nigerians, thirty Indians in a course that has potential. You need to see how these guys cooperate, I get overwhelmed.
The Nigerians in my class, I tried to be open to them, I got so irritated by their response that I feel so great when I heard school has been locked down by the virus.
When it got to Group assignment, they lumped me and them in one group. The only indian in my group ran away to another group of Indians.
The reality in my class is just how Nigeria is. We need to cooperate more and help others. In my workplace, two Nigerian guys are there, igbos like me, den do anyhow, I left them and na one Kenya guy wey don stay for this country show me the way. The other Africans in the place don sabi say you need to watch one another back and cooperate.
The goal of this thread is to simply draw your attention and FOCUS to Ireland. Leave US, dont apply to that country directly, even Canada sef, Start looking at Europe, it's easier to enter here than those countries.
From Europe you can branch to any country of your choosing.
If you can learn the German language, Germany is a great country. The indians don dey rush PhD there. You do a research one and get €1000 monthly plus free tuition. Indians will see this kind opportunity and broadcast it to their people. We will see such and only tell immediate family members.

Blacks are so few here. The indians are Many, you wont know because their skin is light, they have straight hair and they simply blend in. I have to look at them closely or from the garlic spice, I instantly know they're the one.
The more of our people we have here, the better for us, that's what people dont know. The reason you enjoy interacting easily with Americans socially is the work of our Brothers. Over the years, they've had various blend of the black race generation by generation.
The Irish community are not used to us. Den no born you well to apply for governorship post or marry their woman. That one na another matter, it's best to avoid them.

I've said so much. All those Agencies that will be posting Canada 2020, USA visa!!!!!! Up and down, RUN

You'll carry refusal letter like Trophy.
Average Nigerians here in this country, den don carry at least one Denied from either Canada or USA.
It's like the period when the Unilag craze was there, secondary teachers caused this, they made people feel like Life will end if you dont go to unilag. I knew someone applied seven times, that's seven years gone!

Its about the course you read and the grade, Not the school.
You're better off studying in the North, lower cost of living, less strike, then you come out, apply abroad, life continues.

When I was applying, I was almost pushed to start chasing big school where I will pay huge school fees and go broke. I knew a friend that was chasing big name, he was denied admission due to the fact that the school is competitive. But sense came o, let's leave ratings alone, as long as the school and the course is accredited. Study ya thing and come out. It's only Havard and oxford, if you get the grade and you know that the way is clear, you can push it if you're an Einstein. Not being an einstein like me, doesnt mean you're a failure.

Lemme drop my pen here.

Hello, please I sent you a mail

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
Chiggsglover:
Happy new year everyone!!

2022 was a great year for me, graduated, got a job, met several people, with the last one showing very good potential and meeting up my expectations romantically as well as being a nice person.

This year was when I discovered i was Autistic.
I knew i wasn't normal from the onset, lol, I knew I was supersensitive, with the emphasis on physical sensitivity.
Changes in light is enough to wake me up!
I'll open another thread about this, its up to the mods to put it in the front page, I'm awkward with licking people's ass, that's part of me, I don't know the process for that.

I noticed I found it very difficult to maintain eye contact even though I read loads of articles in the magazines about ensuring better emotional connections when you maintain eye contacts.

Occasionally, I move my legs to relax. Way back over 15 years ago, I was down with malaria, my dad brought it to my notice and ask me why my legs was restless, I just told him, I DONT KNOW, we didn't have the necessity of the internet then.
That was when I noticed I do that. It was harmless, so they shrugged it off.

I knew something was off with me when my Dad mentioned in one of our family devotion that I didn't speak for a while as a child and that he laid hands on me and I started to talk. This is one of the signs of autism, delayed communication in children.
Nigeria failed me and other dyslexic children with lack of diagnosis and even support.

I'm super sensitive to light, especially bright lights, sounds, slight change in light, I'm awake. My roomie back in the university was very observant and because I was close to the window, when he had overnight practice, would simply put on his phone light, I'll pop out of bed.

I barely turn on my main light, I enjoy the dark, except for when I came to Ireland and discovered what ambient light is, it was a delight! I decorated my living room with lighting strips, it feels heavenly.

I get irritated with loud noise, which is why I barely go dancing. It was a nightmare in a Christian university where you're forced to attend church services. I always go home with headaches and would have to relax after church, waste of time and effort. The speakers were so loud as it was dance dance dance!!!

I spend time in the toilet as that's also a symptom of autism, Constipation, now I have control over my diet and groceries, drinking delicious peak milk helps me alot. My father kept moaning then about what I was doing so long in the toilet.
To ease that, what I did then was I try to go to the toilet before I shower, everyday, it was a big improvement.

I'm very sensitive, I think I'm an extrovert but the world isn't designed for us in mind, atm there's very few adult diagnosis centre, like autistic child won't grow into adults, especially those that aren't diagnosed. Sometimes I avoid people when I detect they're not genuine, I won't say energy, intuition, I can read people very well, it depends largely if I want to shrug it and hope they're different. Sometimes, I'm wrong but people are different given their mood, experiences...

I'm quite talented, could fix everything around the house when I was young, fully capable to put anything apart and couple it together, it's delicious to do that. My dad misses me cos I'm good with changing the car tyre, changing the oil, from a young age. Being an IT engineer suits me lol, its easy for me.

I do have meltdowns, especially when I'm very stressed, because I'm good at avoiding unpleasant people, only family especially my dad urgh, loved ones as well, friends and strangers can't trigger my meltdowns, they don't have that luxury.

My meltdowns includes yelling as I try to explain myself, I dont break things or do otherwise, one of my ex kept gaslighting me, she got good yelling. Its hard to be in a relationship with autism, but still I'm pretty good looking �. I don't beat people up, I never laid hands on my younger ones regardless of what they did, I did beat up two criminals in Nigeria haha, that scuffle was draining, filled me with adrenaline that my body twitched for hours.

I try to avoid being drunk, I drink socially, ofcourse, I can't handle drugs. To be a successful person with autism, it depends largely on how I'm able to masking it and appear normal. I thrive on routines, love it, that's how I'm able to provide care to my family and friends, I know on Sundays, I'll ring my dad or he'll ring me, some people I met in the past fell by the way side because I stopped reaching out to them.

The good friends I have now are the ones that persisted to keep in touch with me. It's impossible for me to pick up the phone and ring someone when I'm bored, I rather watch a movie, gym, game, news, cook something. So it's a test to good friends, I lack the energy to chase career, money, people or friends. The way Ireland is structured, you don't Need connection to survive.

Knowing I'm autistic makes things a whole lot better as I can hold my head high and put a name to my strangeness, its a massive relief to know this. I'll simply tell anyone I'm dating I'm autistic, if they value me, they'll put in the work, research and understand how I'm different as no Autistic people are the same. You'll be surprised the amount of rich people with autism, you Need to see Mark Zuckerberg give interviews, that's how awkward we are, or elon musk, he doesn't have the communication flow Allistic people have.

I changed my email to my school email, when I graduated, the school deleted the email account, an error keeps me from changing it, so I won't see anyone that tries to reach out, @wowdiva....
Oh mine! Chiggslover! I have been trying to connect with you again. I went on Twitter to check through our chats, but the account is suspended. That is when I decided to send an email. I was worried about you. I am so glad to read your post again.
I am happy you are able to put a name to your unique self. Nigeria and Nigerians need to be open minded to unlearn and learn alot of things.
Congratulations on your new romantic friend (wink)
I am really elated to reach out to you once again.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2023
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:58am On Jan 12, 2023
wowdiva:

Oh mine! Chiggslover! I have been trying to connect with you again. I went on Twitter to check through our chats, but the account is suspended. That is when I decided to send an email. I was worried about you. I am so glad to read your post again.
I am happy you are able to put a name to your unique self. Nigeria and Nigerians need to be open minded to unlearn and learn alot of things.
Congratulations on your new romantic friend (wink)
I am really elated to reach out to you once again.

When the common man is suffering, how much more people who are different.

Thank you very much, was my Twitter account suspended? Also are you on telegram?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2023
adunnioladipupo:

Hello, please I sent you a mail

I saw the notification, but I lost access to the account.

Are you on telegram?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
Chiggsglover:

When the common man is suffering, how much more people who are different.

Thank you very much, was my Twitter account suspended? Also are you on telegram?

Yes, it is suspended. It says the Twitter account violated Twitter's rules.
I was once in your Telegram group with my old phone. I haven't installed Telegram in my current phone

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
wowdiva:

Yes, it is suspended. It says the Twitter account violated Twitter's rules.
I was once in your Telegram group with my old phone. I haven't installed Telegram in my current phone

I never knew that, try to join the telegram group, I'm reachable from there

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chukdobz20: 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
Chiggsglover:

I never knew that, try to join the telegram group, I'm reachable from there

Can you send me the telegram link?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
Chukdobz20:

Can you send me the telegram link?

https:///IrishExpatriates

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 28, 2023
Chiggsglover:

https:///IrishExpatriates

Thank you Chiggsglover for your impact in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2023
Kiingdomjw:

Thank you Chiggsglover for your impact in this thread.

Cheers thank you very much.

Feel free to ask any question

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.