Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA (41362 Views)

Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Coronavirus - BREAKING NEWS - Ordinary CHLOROQUINE Used To Treat & Even CURE it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lanrelagboi: 11:19am On Mar 20, 2020
…Says it is only for use in trials at the moment
By Nwafor Sunday
Having said the United states of America has approved the use of chloroquine for the treatment of Coronavirus, the Food and Drug Administration, FDA, Thursday disagreed with President Donald Trump, noting that ‘chloroquine’ was never approved for use with Covid-19 patients.

Clarifying journalists at a press conference, FDA chief Stephen Hahn said it was only for use in trials at the moment.

Dissecting the White House briefing on Coronavirus, Bloomberg highlighted key takeaways from President Donald Trump’s news conference on the coronavirus response:

Trump spent the bulk of the press conference touting possible treatments for Covid-19, even though the FDA commissioner repeatedly tempered expectations. There are a number of open questions, including when Americans can expect testing to be widely available and when supplies like masks will be more readily available to protect health-care workers.

Like previous White House briefings, this one suffered from conflicting messages from the president and his advisers. Trump, for example, said the malaria drug chloroquine had been approved and could be given to coronavirus patients with a prescription. But an FDA spokesperson clarified mid-press conference that the drug had not been approved for use with Covid-19 patients and FDA chief Stephen Hahn added it was only for use in trials at the moment.

Trump threw his support behind the the possibility of the federal government taking equity stakes in companies hurt by the virus outbreak as part of an economic stimulus plan, an idea floated on Wednesday by top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow. Stocks went up immediately following the news conference, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average rising more than 200 points in the immediate aftermath.

Trump’s approach to the virus response seems to be throwing it against the wall and seeing what sticks. He revealed the head of cruise operator Carnival Corp. offered its ships to the federal government on a temporary basis. But when pressed on the idea, Trump was vague about how they would be used and suggested the decision to use them would be up to states.

The president escalated his rhetoric against China, saying the world could have stopped the spread of the coronavirus if Beijing had been more transparent at the beginning of the outbreak. He also did not rule out the possibility of retaliating against China for their handling of the virus, even as his own administration fights criticism it was too slow to respond in the U.S.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/breaking-chloroquine-has-not-been-approved-fda-chief-clarifies/amp/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Babatunde40(m): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2020
It's progress in the right direction. It gave a lot of relief to many people when it was announced that chloroquine can treat it

Which do you think is better to the ears:

There is no cure yet for coronavirus
or
We have found chloroquine effective in treating coronavirus, though it is still in trials

Which news do you think is better?

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by noblealuu: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2020
People should be wary of self-medication. You don't just rush into the market and buy off products that are still undergoing clinical trials.

The side effects, complications and contraindications as it relates to the Corona virus are yet to be ascertained.

Let's be patient and stop all this panic buying.

But I have bought 2 Satchets today. See below, in case cheesy

27 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by medTechworld(f): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2020
hmm.. The cure will be out sooner than later. May God save his children from this virus. Amen!

25 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by fishjam: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2020
I remember during ebola virus crises.. People went into panic mode to the extent they used salt to take their bath.. Nigerians and unnecessary panic are 5 & 6.

10 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by frankmoney(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2020
Nigerians have already started taking the drugs as a vaccine . I wonder why Nigerians are so guillible they will never understand something before swallowing it Hook line and sinker I'm very sure most of them never understood what Trump said yesterday , they just heard chloroquine and all of them started buying

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by GeoandSONSLTD: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2020

And it has finished in Nigeria grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by YungMike(m): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2020
To all the Nigerians who purchased the Chloroquine in bulk with intentions to hike the price in order to make insane profits. YOU and YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS shall be the ones to consume all the purchased chloroquine las las.

Are you in the abroad? and you're finding it difficult to call your family and friends in Nigeria because of High call rate?
Say No More..... download the SmileVoice app on your ios or Android phone and hit me up to get the SmileVoice Number. Make calls for as low as 11kb/s + Zero roaming charges.

Check my signature for contact

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lorenzop: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2020
That's a country where things work....imagine what will happen to the DG of NAFDAC if he publicly disagrees with Buhari.....when will we get to this level... undecided

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ashacot: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2020
Trump is an IPOB president

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Pavore9: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2020
And some Nigerians were panic buying it!

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Babatunde40(m): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2020
Nigerians will still buy it, swallow and be itching like crazy. If I have my way, i will buy all the piriton. Let them enjoy their scratching

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Daniel058(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2020
Chai
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by drizslim(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2020
Na una way , make una dey yarn dust untop wetin Trump don' clarify, OGA kemist biko nyem chloroquine 6 tablets

11 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2020
Sold out in Nigeria
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lorazepam(f): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2020
Meanwhile a certain Nigerian was admitted to a hospital due to chloroquine overdose angry

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Dandsome: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2020
And some wicked souls and buying up the whole stuff in the market.

Na we de do ourselves.

You think if you buy it up so only your family members can get it it would come back to haunt you?

If you buy for only your family members and other people outside don't have it, when your family members get in contact with people who have it, they contact the virus.

That's back to square one

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Holamilekan97(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2020
I knew it embarassed! And one guy here dey attack me yesterday cos I said "I pray it works". Can you see now? kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by xynerise: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
Nigerians don't wait for confirmed news before reacting

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by hardasan(f): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
Everyone wants to use Donald Trump to shine.
What's the difference between the 2 speeches? If chloroquine isn't effective, why are they running trials if it hasn't proven some efficacy?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Gidah: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
2020 so far has been like a movie like a Steven Spielberg directed movie or is there any angel Spielberg in the scriptures we read. Either you been religious or not what's going on is shaking everyone and the people with the world power wanna play our life's away, yoruba would say someone you can't fight you leave his matter to the hands of God but thank God we've got good doctors we that ain't docs, but we should help them by whatever means possible, staying at home, prayer also would help. May God be with us all. Grace of today's jumat will keep us safe.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ishitinyourmouf: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
thunder fire una. so because chna came with the cure, you idiotswant to be political about it?
china has clearly said they are curing all corona virus cases with chloroquin. and thy have prooved it. who the Bleep needs validation from you?
we are talking of something that has practically cured corona an this ones are here blabbing rubbish. i just bought 20 packs. Bleep trump. more grease to china elbows. china have proven and approved it to be used. Bleep usa. the most funny and annoying shit is that america dosnt even want to give credit to china for coming up with the cue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjKRitNedk

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by sotall(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
Trump na mad man.

Imagine the number of people self-medicating on chloroquine

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by wman(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
We need to be careful with these things.

Hydroxylchloroquine is different from Chloroquine Phosphate which is popular in Nigeria. Hydroxylchloroquine is less toxic and has fewer side effects than Chloroquine Phosphate.

No one has approved Chloroquine yet. It's still under testing. Trump jumped the gun with that statement. They later corrected him.

Our Chloroquine can still help sha. But be careful with it. Don't use it without a medical prescription.

And please, stay safe people. The availability of Chloroquine doesn't mean that you should still put yourself at risk not every one that used Chloroquine survived Coronavirus.

People older than 65 years of age are susceptible to death from the virus. People that are hypertensive, people with breathing and lung problems, people with an underlying health condition, people with weak immune systems, and people that are chain smokers will die easily from the virus.

And forget all that nonsense talk about Africans not dying from it. The Vice-President of Burkina Faso has died from the virus.

4 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by YesNo(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
what are we to believe?
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by atobs4real(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2020
Corona virus is affecting my network.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Dubembiafra: 11:36am On Mar 20, 2020
It's working but has not been approved? Everything must not be politics

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by DropsMic(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2020
Too late. Nigerians have heard about it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Freshfish4: 11:36am On Mar 20, 2020
I was happy when I heard the news yesterday and now this.Which Kain confusion be this nah.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by wonuks(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adedayo Williams Tests Positive For Coronavirus / Doctors Stunned Sighting Octopus In Patient’s Throat / 10 Most Terrifying Insects In The World(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.