Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? (4797 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by dicksonadams(m): 8:07am On May 18, 2020
buygala:

grin ....You see why I insinuated earlier that you are not ready...

Auntie just wind down and enjoy grin...

Aunty Radu even tried by giving you a complete break down of stuff needed to fix your AC including warranty sef...

It's sad how your AC died on you in this period...but the truth is that there is no cheap and durable AC fix....

She is actually willing and ready but na money kill am... 153k + 49k ain't easy for everyone but very worth it for a satisfying job

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by buygala(m): 8:39am On May 18, 2020
dicksonadams:

She is actually willing and ready but na money kill am... 153k + 49k ain't easy for everyone but very worth it for a satisfying job

She isn't ready if she doesn't have the money to Pay grin

I am.very much willing and ready to buy that brand new 2020 G-Wagon advertised here by slex...but sadly, it is not willingness and readiness I will transfer to his account cry

Owo ni Koko jare grin

5 Likes

Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by slex(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2020
buygala:

I am.very much willing and ready to buy that brand new 2020 G-Wagon advertised here by slex...but sadly, it is not willingness and readiness I will transfer to his account cry

Owo ni Koko jare grin

Ha ha ha. Boss, i see you . I know once that your account hit 500m na small thing to buy that toy Gwagon. Packaging will bring in more money and that's the truth .

If i could afford that Gwagon myself i would buy Because , i will be able to enter or attract sone men of men.

Young guys can buy toks toyota 1999 but want to add something to buy registered camry aka muzzle , just to attract people to them.
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Guest911: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2020
ndidibabe:
Any luck?
my dear I got a manual compressor from an older Camry, got a Rewire guy to do the conversion. I haven’t had any problems it’s been 2 months.
Compressor N45k
Condenser N15k
Oil N1k
Flushed the system.
Sorry for the late reply.
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by ndidibabe(f): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Guest911:
my dear I got a manual compressor from an older Camry, got a Rewire guy to do the conversion. I haven’t had any problems it’s been 2 months.
Compressor N45k
Condenser N15k
Oil N1k
Flushed the system.
Thanks for the response.
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by ndidibabe(f): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2021
Guest911:
Compressor N45k
Condenser N15k
Oil N1k
Flushed the system.
How is the AC faring now. Your gear too? By the way, I have sold my useless muscle...

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by DMechy: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Thanks a lot. This is quite expensive!

grin

This is really cheap. And i am being honest

2 years warranty.

A denso compressor for that camry from elizade is over 400k

Now, expensive and cheap is in perception and in purchase power.

The market value of a product, and how expensive something is, is in individual perception.

A product with a market value of 15k will be expensive to someone that has 10k as purchase power, outrageous to one with 3k

A really expensive product is one that its market value is 15k and is being offered 40k. That's expensive.

For the camry, if you really care about the ac working, and not on whats best for the car, go for the manual compressor way and have some peace and enjoy cool breeze. The woes are most times exaggerated.

Going auto, requires this qoute, and possible extra on accessment to see if the ac system is not virus riddled.

I, personally for ac jobs, lay it all out to the customer, the pros and cons of either options.

If you are sticking with spec.

With this quote, i will replace evaporator too, then hoses i cant confirm the flush state. I seriously no like wahala.

If i see a customer that's with a budget, i will advise manual.

I am talking practical on the job experience here, not just follow spec. If you want spec, you should be ready to spend spec.

If you cut corners with auto. You and your mechanic will settle in the police station. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by ndidibabe(f): 11:42am On Apr 11, 2021
Hmm
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by ndidibabe(f): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2021
DMechy:

grin

2 years warranty.

The market value of a product, and how expensive something is, is in individual perception.

A product with a market value of 15k will be expensive to someone that has 10k as purchase power, outrageous to one with 3k

A really expensive product is one that its market value is 15k and is being offered 40k. That's expensive.

For the camry, if you really care about the ac working, and not on whats best for the car, go for the manual compressor way and have some peace and enjoy cool breeze. The woes are most times exaggerated.

Going auto, requires this qoute, and possible extra on accessment to see if the ac system is not virus riddled.

I, personally for ac jobs, lay it all out to the customer, the pros and cons of either options.

With this quote, i will replace evaporator too, then hoses i cant confirm the flush state. I seriously no like wahala.

I am talking practical on the job experience here, not just follow spec. If you want spec, you should be ready to spend spec.

If you cut corners with auto. You and your mechanic will settle in the police station. lipsrsealed
Nice write-up. Well understood.

I sold the car to a junior colleague as I was scared of going through the conversion process which might likely ruin the car.

But if I may ask, what are the known issues that comes with this conversion?
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by radautoworks: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
DMechy:

grin

2 years warranty.

Glad to see people like you in NL. Was beginning to wonder what happened to NL
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by seunoj: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
radautoworks:

Be watchful, same pple wey Dey do u strong thing for the other side
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by radautoworks: 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2021
seunoj:

Be watchful, same pple wey Dey do u strong thing for the other side
appreciate
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by erazer: 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
Engrjamjam:
Cc Radautoworks

@erazer low life bastard come here, you think you can challenge me and go free. You and your fat whale old olosho. Tunda faya your lame generation. Paid pig ya mama towtow dey smell.
Weyrey, keep constituting nuisance.. i have better things to do with my life.
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Guest911: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
How is the AC faring now. Your gear too? By the way, I have sold my useless muscle...
Haha useless Muscle. For some reason that car has been bringing up different wahala. But I guess you can call it regular maintenance.

AC is still solid by the way.

The gear got fixed. I’ve fixed everything and I’m also planning on selling mine this month or next.

What car did you get?
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by ndidibabe(f): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
Guest911:

Haha useless Muscle. For some reason that car has been bringing up different wahala. But I guess you can call it regular maintenance.

AC is still solid by the way.

The gear got fixed. I’ve fixed everything and I’m also planning on selling mine this month or next.

What car did you get?
No cons with the manual AC? I sold mine 1.1m with the bad AC. My friend whose own is not as neat as mine sold hers1.450 just cus it had a factory fitted AC. How much will you now sell with a converted AC? I hope you will easily get a buyer sha...By the way, I bought a Lexus ES350. Really enjoying that at the moment.. The Muscle isn't a solid car at all. Just another big for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Guest911: 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
No cons with the manual AC? I sold mine 1.1m with the bad AC. My friend whose own is not as neat as mine sold hers1.450 just cus it had a factory fitted AC. How much will you now sell with a converted AC? I hope you will easily get a buyer sha...By the way, I bought a Lexus ES350. Really enjoying that at the moment.. The Muscle isn't a solid car at all. Just another big for nothing.
There are cons, but as long as you get a good AC you’ll be good.

Currently the market value is 1.7M - 1.8M.

But I’m done with sedans. It’s SUV or nothing. So either Lexus 330 or Ford Edge
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Peppermintflav: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Nice write-up. Well understood.

I sold the car to a junior colleague as I was scared of going through the conversion process which might likely ruin the car.

But if I may ask, what are the known issues that comes with this conversion?
Known issues are :
Engine vibration
Increased fuel consumption
Loss of engine power
This is mostly cos 9 out of 10 times they use Peugeot 507 compressor.
But...
Using an older model Camry or corolla compressor is much better. It doesn't stress the engine.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by 2shaw: 6:39am On Apr 12, 2021
42k to fix ac,when ladipo boys charge 10k max, thief
radautoworks:

If your car is V6 engine,
Brand New Complete A/C Kit; Contains: New Compressor, Filter Drier, Expansion Valve, Oil, and O-Rings with a 2 year warranty N155,466
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ACC&partNumber=4979NK

You can but compressor alone but no warranty if you do that.

If you want us to fix it (when things are back to normal from virus), labor is N47,000 with a 90 day warranty that if anything goes wrong we will redo it

If your car is 4 cylinder,
Complete A/C Kit; Japan Built, Contains: New Compressor, Filter Drier, Expansion Valve, Oil, and O-Rings with a 2 year warranty. N153,538
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ACC&partNumber=5193NK

Labor N20,400

You can also bring your own parts but obviously we wouldn't be able to warranty them. You get what you pay for.
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Kewtt: 6:45am On Apr 12, 2021
buygala:

Owo ni Koko jare grin
You're a real buy gala
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Kewtt: 6:47am On Apr 12, 2021
radautoworks:

Like we are wondering what happened to you these days!
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Kewtt: 6:48am On Apr 12, 2021
Engrjamjam:
Cc Radautoworks

@erazer low life bastard come here, you think you can challenge me and go free. You and your fat whale old olosho. Tunda faya your lame generation. Paid pig ya mama towtow dey smell.
Sorry this is unnecessary. I believe she's learnt some lessons. But biko let it slide...
Re: Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? by Bigsteveg(m): 4:12pm On May 31, 2022
DMechy:

grin

2 years warranty.

Hi DMechy, i drive a Toyota Camry 2007. I recently discovered black oil in my AC system and I'll like to go for total overhauling. Can you pls help with price breakdown (4 cylinder). Thnak you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Engine Oil To Use In 1996 Camry / How Can I Get The New Plate Number. / Why Are Used Classic Mercedes Cars So Cheap In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.