Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians (33756 Views)

Lady Dies After Posting "If I Die During Lockdown No Need For Autopsy" / Ben Ayade: If You Wear Face Mask, No Need For Social Distancing (Video) / Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 21, 2020
ornicus:

he thinks all Americans are Magarses hooked on faux news

You said it all!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 21, 2020
PediakAuthor:
Nigerian traders often hold people to ransom by hiking prices and hoarding products and other necessity goods in such a saga like this...

Let's imagine say Chloroquine dey heal coronavirus true true, na so I for no see am buy again lol... Or it turns to 5000naira per satchet. Lolz

You don't need to buy because you won't know how to use and you'll only end up poisoning yourself with the drug.

If anyone has Covid19, call the numbers. I'm sure they will come pick you up and treat you. And I'm sure they aren't demanding money before treatment.
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

The point remains that as of date, the virus had been contained in Nigeria. A country with less resources, finance and tech, but was proactive.

What will you say if you were to use same sense of judgement with regards to the US.

You have to be honest and transparent about this.

continue to live in the same denial magas lived in. NOTHING has been contained. proactive - when we are all still moving about? no lockdown? if you want to lie to yoursel, because like magas, you want to belive buhari is on top of this - continue.
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Niggmatic: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Hello! Stop following beer parlour gist.

Am giving you real time news. Counts are increasing globally. Economy's are staggering, and you are here conforming Chloroquine has the cure even when a regulatory body denied it.

You need to be careful of information you spread. A trial is been done in the US and you already have the result at hand.

Stop wasting your time and energy. You are arguing with a Nigerian for god's sake
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by sapientia(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Who is a patriotic American?

Too much American movies.

Talk with facts like me nail you.

Go and hide.

That America will chose Buhari over Trump.

That statement alone makes you dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 21, 2020
ornicus:

continue to live in the same denial magas lived in. NOTHING has been contained. proactive - when we are all still moving about? no lockdown? if you want to lie to yoursel, because like magas, you want to belive buhari is on top of this - continue.

What is the death count and infected count in Nigeria yesterday? Compare to that of US.

There is no way you can bail out Trump from the status quo in the US.

The whole economic gibberish, where is it as at this minute, it's all gone down the drain.

You need watch his address yesterday, trust me, you will break your TV.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 21, 2020
sapientia:

Go and hide.

That America will chose Buhari over Trump.

That statement alone makes you dumb.

You are right but little difference between both
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 21, 2020
Niggmatic:

Stop wasting your time and energy. You are arguing with a Nigerian for god's sake

Thanks.

You right at a time.
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by miqos02(m): 8:09am On Mar 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Now you r also a defender of the Chinese?

Because of your defense for Trump?

You people are so gullible
oga , did you read my post well? Did you see where I wrote "most countries"?
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by MidaserveNG: 8:11am On Mar 21, 2020
Splintinterior:
how about overcrowded buses transporting people to Ikorodu? More buses should be made available so that overcrowding can be avoided
I also asked the same thing for almost all bus routes esp those with long buses within the state
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

What is the death count and infected count in Nigeria yesterday? Compare to that of US.

There is no way you can bail out Trump from the status quo in the US.

The whole economic gibberish, where is it as at this minute, it's all gone down the drain.

You need watch his address yesterday, trust me, you will break your TV.

You are missing my point. We ARE NOT testing everybody. We have very poor record taking and keeping. This virus manifests differently. For some people it is asymptomatic. For all I know I have already had it. Two weeks ago my wife came down with a nasty cough that put her out for 4 days. Then my son had a cough and diahrrea that would not go away. We had to admit him. Did they test us? Of course not. As it is, I will just self isolate rather than die in a government hospital with mosquitoes, rats and nasty personnel.

Just pray our false narrative does not come back to bite us in the arse. Buhari will fall hand even more than trump when being asked questions. You will see our DSS doing what they do best, arresting journalists for treason
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 21, 2020
ornicus:

You are missing my point. We ARE NOT testing everybody. We have very poor record taking and keeping. This virus manifests differently. For some people it is asymptomatic. For all I know I have already had it. Two weeks ago my wife came down with a nasty cough that put her out for 4 days. Then my son had a cough and diahrrea that would not go away. We had to admit him. Did they test us? Of course not. As it is, I will just self isolate rather than die in a government hospital with mosquitoes, rats and nasty personnel.

Just pray our false narrative does not come back to bite us in the arse. Buhari will fall hand even more than trump when being asked questions. You will see our DSS doing what they do best, arresting journalists for treason

Same in the US. Not everybody has access to testing kit. The president even said he is not aware testing kit is needed.

The difference between Buhari and Trump is minute.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by dfrost: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

The truth is usually very annoying to people who get emotionally attached to a person or view instead of following where the evidence leads

Must you quote everyone? I wasn't even responding to you. Are you that jobless?

Even if you have loads of time with you, can't you use it to sleep, read or just soak your hands in water?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2020
The governor also advised Lagosians to avoid overcrowded buses.[i][/i]

Lol, this last line got me.
After banning okada and Keke, we should avoid overcrowded buses.
Like it's actually possible , just tell if to never enter public transport
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Angelfrost(m): 8:42am On Mar 21, 2020
whytediamond:
I still believe there is a reason this covid-19 spared Africa,. In as much as it is in the continent, no death of an African has be recorded (I stand to be corrected).

If truly this virus is so infectious, where are all those Nigerians who had contact with the Italian?

Truth is, Africa is not prepared for this global pandemic.

Developed countries around the world have acted fast to cushion the effect and resultant suffering faced by its populace. Here in Africa, well, I won't say more.

The average African is exceptionally hardy and strong when it comes to disease... This is not bragging! History is there for all to see.

Maybe it's because we are already accustomed to pestilence and suffering....

Everyone is losing his head over Coronavirus, whereas Malaria alone has taken more lives than Coronavirus ever will... Shall we talk about AIDS, High Blood Pressure, Lassa Fever, Ebola, Hepatitis, just name it.... We have always had more disease than Europe can ever begin to imagine.

The average Nigerian already has acquired and genetic immunity against numerous infections even before immunization...

I say it with all boldness everywhere I go... It is not Coronavirus that will crumble Nigeria. Not at all!... It is the fear of it, with the resultant needless panic, that will destroy this continent!!!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Olatara(f): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Olatara(f): 8:47am On Mar 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

The average African is exceptionally hardy and strong when it comes to disease... This is not bragging! History is there for all to see.

Maybe it's because we are already accustomed to pestilence and suffering....

Everyone is losing his head over Coronavirus, whereas Malaria alone has taken more lives than Coronavirus ever will... Shall we talk about AIDS, High Blood Pressure, Lassa Fever, Ebola, Hepatitis, just name it.... We have always had more disease than Europe can ever begin to imagine.
I

The[b] average Nigerian already has acquired and genetic immunity against numerous infections even before immunization...
say it with all boldness everywhere I go... It is not Coronavirus that will crumble Nigeria. Not at all!... It is the fear of it, with the resultant needless panic, that will destroy this continent!!!
[/b]
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Okoroawusa: 8:48am On Mar 21, 2020
miqos02:
oga , did you read my post well? Did you see where I wrote "most countries"?
Ok...no vex

Abi u don vex?
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Take time n read your comment n analyse it. You started the comment on the defensive about my earlier comment. Saying that you are a Nigerian n mean well for the country. You gave instances of your reactions to Jonathan n Fashola on corruption n Ebola.
Bam!.... You lost it. You went full throttle on your normal hateful bashing n personal convictions of Buhari n his family members.

I still repeat my word: Person wey you hate don suffer even if the person is Jesus Christ.

Thank you
Lol. Not as you think. In my post, was there any proof I loved Jonathan, the man who abetted corruption and hated Buhari? But what I said is the truth. Fashola is in the APC likewise sanwo olu whom I thought was inept but now doing impressive things on the epidemic...that's what made me a Nigerian who means well for her. What did I say about Buhari or jonathan that is not the truth? Mention one. A leader should always walk his talk. Yaradua we missed much, would have been the Nigerian president we never had. He was an honest man but that's past now. If I talk on Buhari's stance on health when he came to lagos before election and was summoned in a town hall meeting during which he said he would stop politicians from receiving treatment abroad now, you'd say I hate him. It's better I end this conversation. It's well with Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Okoroawusa: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2020
fairfora:
Lol. Not as you think. In my post, was there any proof I loved Jonathan, the man who abetted corruption and hated Buhari? But what I said is the truth. Fashola is in the APC likewise sanwo olu whom I thought was inept but now doing impressive things on the epidemic...that's what made me a Nigerian who means well for her. What did I say about Buhari or jonathan that is not the truth? Mention one. A leader should always walk his talk. Yaradua we missed much, would have been the Nigerian president we never had. He was an honest man but that's past now. If I talk on Buhari's stance on health when he came to lagos before election and was summoned in a town hall meeting during which he said he would stop politicians from receiving treatment abroad now, you'd say I hate him. It's better I end this conversation. It's well with Nigeria.
There is nothing Buhari will do that will make you like him. The hatred is deep in your heart.
Don't go the patriotic line with me. I know you.
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by Xisnin(m): 8:57am On Mar 21, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Not true. Without Trump we would not have known that chloroquine works against Covid-19. Do u realise the Chinese have known this since February but they kept it somewhat hidden, always refering mysteriously to some exotic “malaria medicine”. Only Trump came out and spelt it out, “chloroquine!”
Stop defending the lying Trump.

Chloroquine does not work against Covid 19.
Trump is not a health expert, he is a sleazy salesman.

China did not keep anything secret as the referenced research was done by French scientists not Chinese.
Yes. The information has been out there for long because responsible health experts don't want to lie when
they have no solid evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by caprini1: 9:00am On Mar 21, 2020
Esseite:

See, Let's just be careful and pray for Nigeria, if it goes spiral here... it is finished.
I used to be indifferent,until i watched the documentary made by Italian doctors in Bergamo.....it was really scary...She was crying ,telling everyone to not make the same mistake they did ,living normal as if nothing has happened,until it blew out of control.
Re: Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians by JayPeeOham: 9:00am On Mar 21, 2020
Is it possible to avoid overcrowded buses in Lagos??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / All You Need To Know About Breech Birth (Photos) / Young Man Commits Suicide In Kwara (Graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.