Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (8676 Views)

Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / I Just Got Scammed / I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by KINGJAJA888(m): 7:57am On Mar 21, 2020
Good day guys. Was about to buy something online through they jiji online market platform. I contacted a guy I met there on the platform cuz he had the product I wanted. D Guy said he didn't have money to transport my goods so out of trust I sent him the full payment of 15,000 with assurance from him that my good will be delivered to me within the next 5 hours. Now Since yesterday till now I haven't received anything and d guy's number has gone switched off. Pls what can I do. 15k ain't small money Biko cry

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by MiVida(m): 7:59am On Mar 21, 2020
It happens there all the time... I'm afraid, there's nothing you can do about it.

You trusted who you never ever ever met!? You're not fit to be called a Nigerian.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by powerkey: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2020
Contact me let's fish him out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Dexpro: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2020
grin grin grin

Rubbish
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by JOLSOFT(m): 8:02am On Mar 21, 2020
Trusting somebody you haven’t met online is like playing bet9ja..
I am sorry but we have scammers everywhere.
Maybe you should report him to Jiji on Instagram and Twitter with his deatils

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by KINGJAJA888(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2020
PlS how can I recover my money. cry

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Tonyreal49(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
PlS how can I recover my money. cry

Man you Bleep up
If say u be foreigner now I for still reason with you.

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by hustler86(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2020
His account details is enough to fish him out...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Tintinnoty(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2020
Contact jiji for next line of action

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by CharlesJok3r: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2020
Tintinnoty:
there is nothing jiji can do in this case.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Nixxxx(m): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2020
Report the case to the crime desk of the bank you sent the money that's his bank account

14 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by idris646(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2020
sorry to say, buh your money is long gone...just be careful from now on
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by oyonu(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2020
Oga please don't include jiji in your nonsense story. It's on the jiji platform not to: Safety tips
Do not pay in advance even for the delivery Try to meet at a safe, public location Check the item BEFORE you buy it Pay only after collecting the item.
How can u buy something on trust when u don't know the person. Oga blame urself only

41 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Lexusgs430: 9:46am On Mar 21, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
Good day guys. Was about to buy something online through they jiji online market platform. I contacted a guy I met there on the platform cuz he had the product I wanted. D Guy said he didn't have money to transport my goods so out of trust I sent him the full payment of 15,000 with assurance from him that my good will be delivered to me within the next 5 hours. Now Since yesterday till now I haven't received anything and d guy's number has gone switched off. Pls what can I do. 15k ain't small money Biko cry

1st method........

You would need to lodge a complaint with the police, swear an affidavit and take documents to his bank.......

If funds are still in his account, his account would be frozen...... If he has cashed out, a standing order would be set on his account..... The moment he collects another funds...... GBAM

And the bank would shut down his account and make a BVN entry...........

2nd method.......

If you know anyone in his bank, stretch some long legs........

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Lexusgs430: 9:47am On Mar 21, 2020
Tintinnoty:

Jiji already issued a warning.... For those who have eyes, to read.......

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Omoh89: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2020
Something like this happened to my younger brother they sold fake iPhone for him after collecting 70k...but as a sharp guy wey I be i trace the fools got them arrested with army they paid 105k back.
Funny thing is it happen on this same jiji

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by seunmohmoh(f): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2020
There may be some problems with his phone, as it is his business line he will eventually put it on.

But if he switch on his phone on and still doesn't pick then you have to keep trying the number with another line and if he picks eventually, tell him you wanna get some goods from him and you live in the area and you'll come check it out. If he sends you an address then you'll know what to do. I just hope he's not a nairalander reading this.

18 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Fragility6: 10:04am On Mar 21, 2020
CharlesJok3r:
there is nothing jiji can do in this case.
It's even clearly stated in thier site. Don't transfer money without proper process abi how dem put am i no remember bt some pple no wan jst read

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Bynz: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2020
Who does that paying a stranger u meet online upfront not even an institution... Pls are u a Nigerian?

KINGJAJA888:

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by madgoat(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2020
KINGJAJA888:

Serves you right. How can u send money to someone u have not met.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by just2endowed: 10:13am On Mar 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

1st method........

You would need to lodge a complaint with the police, swear an affidavit and take documents to his bank.......

If funds are still in his account, his account would be frozen...... If he has cashed out, a standing order would be set on his account..... The moment he collects another funds...... GBAM

2nd method.......

Op do this

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by HMarshal(m): 10:24am On Mar 21, 2020
How did he get the money? If it's via his bank, take the teller to the nearest police station.explaon to em,I don't know if it applies in this kind of case but they know how to place embargos of such accts Tru court orders &...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by CharlesJok3r: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

1st method........

2nd method.......

Method 1 is a very stressful one... he might be spending up to ₦15,000 in cash and effort in the process. OP should just learn his lesson and move on.

Method 2 will be his best bet of recovering his ₦15,000 back.

Man makes man wicked.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by davillian(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2020
There is a warning on jiji
Not to make payment when you've not revived your goods...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by ToyBoyAaron(m): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2020
davillian:
There is a warning on jiji
Not to make payment when you've not revived your goods...
He knows, and other people have mentioned it. Stop stressing his mistake and give a solution.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by davillian(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2020
ToyBoyAaron:

He knows, and other people have mentioned it. Stop stressing his mistake and give a solution.
The solution is not worth the stress...
Because its 15k
He would spend 5x that amount

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Guest911: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2020
davillian:

The solution is not worth the stress...
Because its 15k
He would spend 5x that amount
Na who get money dey go police.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by infotainment(m): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
Go to your bank and fill a dispute form if u did transfer. Or go to his bank and fill same form if u paid in cash.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by rex444(m): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2020
even person wey just come from Yankee don wise pass this...no online transaction I repeat never U do an online money transaction even if it's your bro selling

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Joystark(f): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2020
Omoh89:
Something like this happened to my younger brother they sold face iPhone for him after collecting 70k...but as a sharp guy wey I be i trace the fools got them arrested with army they paid 105k back.
Funny thing is it happen on this same jiji

How did you find them?
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Kingdonik(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2020
Thief full everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners / Who Can Help Me With Mtn Credit Of 1500 Naira God Will Pay You Back / Unlock Icloud And Track Your Lost Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.