Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (8677 Views)

Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / I Just Got Scammed / I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by femi4: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
Good day guys. Was about to buy something online through they jiji online market platform. I contacted a guy I met there on the platform cuz he had the product I wanted. D Guy said he didn't have money to transport my goods so out of trust I sent him the full payment of 15,000 with assurance from him that my good will be delivered to me within the next 5 hours. Now Since yesterday till now I haven't received anything and d guy's number has gone switched off. Pls what can I do. 15k ain't small money Biko cry
JJC....you are really doing well
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by femi4: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
hustler86:
His account details is enough to fish him out...
They normally use another person's account no to perform such operation
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by femi4: 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
seunmohmoh:
There may be some problems with his phone, as it is his business line he will eventually put it on.

But if he switch on his phone on and still doesn't pick then you have to keep trying the number with another line and if he picks eventually, tell him you wanna get some goods from him and you live in the area and you'll come check it out. If he sends you an address then you'll know what to do. I just hope he's not a nairalander reading this.
Na this kind thinking and reasoning make you miss your jamb centre on the day of exam
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Mozino007(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2020
U might be get scammed again!!! Wise up n move on
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by ashawopikin(m): 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
CharlesJok3r:
there is nothing jiji can do in this case.
jiji dey always talk am say make dem no dey make payment without contact, dem no go ever hear, next time him go get sense
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by ashawopikin(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

1st method........

You would need to lodge a complaint with the police, swear an affidavit and take documents to his bank.......

If funds are still in his account, his account would be frozen...... If he has cashed out, a standing order would be set on his account..... The moment he collects another funds...... GBAM

And the bank would shut down his account and make a BVN entry...........

2nd method.......

If you know anyone in his bank, stretch some long legs........
all these wahala because of 15k
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
ashawopikin:
all these wahala because of 15k

That small 15K, could be like 150K to another........ cheesy
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by ashawopikin(m): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

That small 15K, could be like 150K to another........ cheesy
I know, I just dey think of d wahala, all the police report, affidavit are not free, the stress of going and waiting in d bank for hours, all these process will be overwhelming for him
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Luckysbab: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
Omoh89:
Something like this happened to my younger brother they sold fake iPhone for him after collecting 70k...but as a sharp guy wey I be i trace the fools got them arrested with army they paid 105k back.
Funny thing is it happen on this same jiji

Abeg, I need that Army link for some idiots that scammed my person of house rent. Them don arrest the idiots, but I no trust say that method fast. Biko bros
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Toma2: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2020
ashawopikin:
I know, I just dey think of d wahala, all the police report, affidavit are not free, the stress of going and waiting in d bank for hours, all these process will be overwhelming for him
Report the bank first
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Usamabutt333: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
you should better visit this site to recover your money World uz
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by akinola107(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
I was a victim, I lost 200k there.... There's no way you can recover that again you just have to be careful now.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by xtivin2: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2020
Funny enough, I met a guy on the same Jiji, after he couldn't get exactly what I want, seriously sent my 85k back immediately and apologize!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Omoh89: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
Luckysbab:

Abeg, I need that Army link for some idiots that scammed my person of house rent. Them don arrest the idiots, but I no trust say that method fast. Biko bros
E no hard just go any barracks or where army dey stay around your area explain give them, them go collect 3k or 4k but believe me your money go come out on the spot
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Karlifate: 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
You have been scammed. But you might still get him through his bank if you did bank transaction with him or her.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by hustler86(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
How please cry
report to the police and get a warrant to check your transaction details of the owner and get him arrested through his bvn.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Raphooly(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2020
Scammer and Scammer
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Basher8583: 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
Good day guys. Was about to buy something online through they jiji online market platform. I contacted a guy I met there on the platform cuz he had the product I wanted. D Guy said he didn't have money to transport my goods so out of trust I sent him the full payment of 15,000 with assurance from him that my good will be delivered to me within the next 5 hours. Now Since yesterday till now I haven't received anything and d guy's number has gone switched off. Pls what can I do. 15k ain't small money Biko cry

Please I need to confirm if either you are blind or uneducated. As you can see on jiji, they clearly warned you not to do exactly what you did.

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by johnadam209: 10:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
Go to your bank since you have his bank information details, they will trace him or withdraw the money from his account and refund it back to you.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Birniwa(m): 1:50am On Mar 22, 2020
I'm afraid to tell you that your money is gone for good. Do you know why? This scammer can't be stupid, I'm 100% sure he used one of these mobile money bank accounts (such as Ecobank Mobile Money and even OPay) that allow anyone to create a bank account without KYC, not even a physical home address is required to open such accounts.

Just of recent, many scammers alike have been using these methods to dupe people off their hard-earned money.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 22, 2020
akinola107:
I was a victim, I lost 200k there.... There's no way you can recover that again you just have to be careful now.
u get mind, if na me na to faint for 365days, 200k

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by steviano(m): 7:11am On Mar 22, 2020
You need solution but refuse to drop his contact details, the bank name you paid to and his account number...! How do you want us to help you...
Kindly drop this

KINGJAJA888:
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by steviano(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Oga say what you know... All account are traceable... You can't operate without bvn...

Birniwa:
I'm afraid to tell you that your money is gone for good. Do you know why? This scammer can't be stupid, I'm 100% sure he used one of these mobile money bank accounts (such as Ecobank Mobile Money and even OPay) that allow anyone to create a bank account without KYC, not even a physical home address is required to open such accounts.

Just of recent, many scammers alike have been using these methods to dupe people off their hard-earned money.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Luckysbab: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2020
Omoh89:
E no hard just go any barracks or where army dey stay around your area explain give them, them go collect 3k or 4k but believe me your money go come out on the spot

Thanks man. This way go quick
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Birniwa(m): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2020
steviano:
Oga say what you know... All account are traceable... You can't operate without bvn...

Oga don't look stupid, let me educate you on what you know nothing about. This is my profession for I own a mobile money startup.

"Mobile money bank accounts" apps such as OPay, Access Yello Account and the likes are categorised as Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Tier 2 accounts require BVN verification and allow a maximum of 500k funds custody.

Tier 3 accounts require Govt Issued ID cards and Utility Bill, and can allow a maximum of up to 20 million funds custody.

Now, Tier 1 accounts require ONLY a mobile number (whether registered or not) to create as long as that mobile number can receive SMS. This Tier 1 account can only receive a maximum of 30k at any time.

Additionally, all mobile money banks apps operate exactly on this standard set by CBN.
Again, these mobile money bank accounts use the regular mobile phone number used in the registration as the bank account number. It mostly looks like 8031234567 which is basically a mobile phone number without the first 0.

So in essence, most of these scammers use these mobile money bank accounts apps on Tier 1 to carry out their scam activities.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Omoh89: 9:59am On Mar 22, 2020
Luckysbab:

Thanks man. This way go quick
You welcome...works like magic
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by just2endowed: 10:01am On Mar 22, 2020
Birniwa:

Sorry, what's the requirement for opening such accounts
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by steviano(m): 11:22am On Mar 22, 2020
That's where you look stup Id who told you phone numbers are not traceable? You guys will just come online to be forming....
And beside do you know where I work and do you know the reason I said the guy should drop the scammer details?

Birniwa:

Oga don't look stupid, let me educate you on what you know nothing about. This is my profession for I own a mobile money startup.

"Mobile money bank accounts" apps such as OPay, Access Yello Account and the likes are categorised as Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Tier 2 accounts require BVN verification and allow a maximum of 500k funds custody.

Tier 3 accounts require Govt Issued ID cards and Utility Bill, and can allow a maximum of up to 20 million funds custody.

Now, Tier 1 accounts require ONLY a mobile number (whether registered or not) to create as long as that mobile number can receive SMS. This Tier 1 account can only receive a maximum of 30k at any time.

Additionally, all mobile money banks apps operate exactly on this standard set by CBN.
Again, these mobile money bank accounts use the regular mobile phone number used in the registration as the bank account number. It mostly looks like 8031234567 which is basically a mobile phone number without the first 0.

So in essence, most of these scammers use these mobile money bank accounts apps on Tier 1 to carry out their scam activities.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Ishitinyourlife: 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
You learned the hard way,thank your star that the money is not much,there is nothing anybody can do about it,jiji already warned you.
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Ishitinyourlife: 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

1st method........

You would need to lodge a complaint with the police, swear an affidavit and take documents to his bank.......

If funds are still in his account, his account would be frozen...... If he has cashed out, a standing order would be set on his account..... The moment he collects another funds...... GBAM

And the bank would shut down his account and make a BVN entry...........

2nd method.......

If you know anyone in his bank, stretch some long legs........
All this wahala on top 15k
Re: Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money by Ishitinyourlife: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
I myself once made that mistake,it was a gaming system of 350k I sent the money without receiving the goods,the guy's number was switched of for hours and when he switched it on he didn't pick my calls,I was on my way to file a complaint in the police station when he called me to come and meet him at a particular place,I was stunned to see that he brought the goods himself,from lagos down to owo.this case is almost like a one in a million case,I vowed to myself never to try it again, it is not worth the trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me With Mtn Credit Of 1500 Naira God Will Pay You Back / Unlock Icloud And Track Your Lost Phone / Review: Infinix Hot Note Pro Vs Infinix Zero 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.