Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (13209 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by gbengapro: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2010
The PDP recorded a sweet victory over the ACN in a bye-election conducted by INEC for the vacant house of assembly seat in Ikorodu, Lagos.  Hon Gbenga Oshin-PDP was declared the winning by a substantial margin over his ACN opponent.  This is the second consecutive victory of PDP in Lagos state over the past months.  The first was at Ibeju-Lekki House of Rep seat. It is note-worthy that despite all the noise of Bola Tinubu and his larger than life posturing, he has been loosing elections in his home state.  All he has been showing off are his purchased victories at the courts.
  The ACN should beware. Lagos might be going PDP.  ACN is too arrogant, complacence, loud-mouthed, and the owner of the party-Tinubu, too dictatorial.  Can you belief that up till now, the party doesn't have gov candidates, and for other positions.  The dummies including Fashola, are all waiting for Baba Tinubu to pronounce them as candidates.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/65005-Party-challenges-Lagos-bye-election.html
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by edoyad(m): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2010
^ it's obvious where your allegiance lies grin . Abeg o, i return to lag in a week's time, no start political violence o.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by macIB(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2010
That means ACN respects the rule of law and order with the tenet of democracy at heart.

Unlike your PDP that would want to win elections "by hook or by crook", !!! (bloody thieves and undemocratic ass, les)

Winning a seat or 2 does not translate to winning the whole state or even the majority at that!!!
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Rhino5dm: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2010
No one is argueing the fact that there are still some tiny tiny spot of good people in PDP and as such they can still win election.

>>>Say no to Do or Die politics, PDP has over stayed her welcome! Go!
No more courtesy.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Musiwa13: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2010
the PDP is not winning Yorubaland, Jonathan is not winning Yorubaland period.  it is acn or labour.

Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Musiwa13: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2010
How they rig election God knows. That tell you they would rig 2011 election.

How can pdp be talking of him removing gbogbo, when pdp rigged an election in lagos.

Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by ekubear1: 10:57am On Dec 26, 2010
In ordinary democracies, the opposition party can win slots even in the heartland of their enemy.

Something like this reflects very well on the ACN, that they are not interfering with democracy.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Musiwa13: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2010
look there would be blood bath if the PDP wins Oyo and lagos state or ogun state. The Yoruba dont want the PDP. even when I went to Nigeria, most of them hate the PDP. They were not talking well of the PDP. Most Yorubas dont like the people in PDP. There would be blood bath in Yorubaland if the PDP win.

You can see the way people insult pastor adeboye over praying for jonathan. I know some one over here, who call and said He would never go to redeemed church in his life again. that can tell you how mad they are. There would be blood bath in Yorubaland if the PDP win.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by ekubear1: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2010
^-- Not true at all. Ekiti State is an ACN state, but there are certain towns which were PDP there.

Personally, I don't want the PDP to die out in the SW. I'd like them to be a vocal opposition party to check the ACN and give the people an alternative if the ACN stumbles.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Nsiman(m): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2010
"Like play like play" gej fit win lagos for pdp ooo
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by dSolution1: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2010
BREAKING NEWS
Jonathan's Rigging Manual Discovered

Rigging Manual: Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Strategy Document Reveals How The "President" Plans To Buy Delegates, Compromise INEC and Rig The Election !!

SaharaReporters has obtained a copy of a confidential document prepared by the Goodluck Jonathan/ Sambo presidential campaign organization as a roadmap for rigging next year’s presidential election.

“The document has exposed the underbelly of the ruling party’s plan to thwart Nigerians’ aspirations to have free and fair elections,” said a democratic activist who was shown excerpts from the plan. http://saharareporters.com/news-page/rigging-manual-goodluck-jonathan-campaign-strategy-document-reveals-how-president-plans-bu
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by dSolution1: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
GEJ/SAMBO CAMPAIGN STRATEGY:

1) USE POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION TO REACH OUT TO COMMISSIONERS

2)INSIST THAT MEMBERS OF THE COMMISSION MONITOR ELECTIONS IN THEIR ZONES

3) REMIND THE IGP THAT HE WAS APPOINTED BY MR PRESIDENT AND REASSURE HIM OF HIS POSITIONS IN 2011

4) FUND AND SUSTAIN THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE JUDICIARY Shocked

5) DEVELOP AND NURTURE THE JUDICIAL PROCESS THAT WILL BE PRO GOODLUCK JONATHAN Shocked

6) MUST ENSURE THAT SECURITY OPERATIVES AT THE GATE TO THE CONVENTION VENUE ARE OUR PEOPLE AND SHOULD HAVE CLEAR INSTRUCTION NOT TO ALLOW MONEY INTO THE VENUE FROM OPPOSITION CAMP, EXCEPT FROM OUR OWN PEOPLE. Shocked Shocked

7) SUGGESTED MINIMUM PER DELEGATES SHOULD BE BETWEEN N1.2m - N2m Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

8] DELIBERATE REDUCTION IN NUMBER OF OPPOSITION DELEGATES ACCREDITATION Shocked

9) INTIMIDATION OF DELEGATES AT THE VENUE Shocked

10) WE MUST MEET WITH INEC AND ANALYZE THEIR STAFFING STRUCTURE TO ENSURE FRIENDLY OFFICIALS ARE POSTED TO HOSTILE AREAS Shocked Shocked Shocked :

11) WE MUST KNOW IN ADVANCE WHO ARE RETURNING OFFICERS ARE, PUT THEM ON PAYROLL FROM NOW TILL END OF ELECTION, PROMISE THEM OR THEIR FAMILIES POLITICAL PATRONAGE/APPOINTMENTS. Shocked Shocked

12) WE SHOULD ALSO HAVE A READY, DIFFERENT AND DISCREET FUNDING SOURCE FOR THE PRIMARIES ESPECIALLY AT THE CONVENTION WHERE FUNDS WILL NEED TO BE DEPLOYED AT SHORT NOTICE Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

13) HAVE DIRECT LINK TO THE DELEGATES, ASSUAGE THEM AND BUY DELEGATES OFF THEM, PROMISE THEM IMMUNITY FROM PROSECUTION

This man Jonathan should be impeached
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by manuch(m): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2010
All this propaganda can not work!!!! Jonathan/Sambo 2011
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by ProAnti: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
I'm not a politician but I strongly believe that ACN is not a credible alternative to PDP.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Solomon227(m): 12:42am On Dec 27, 2010
gbengapro:

The PDP recorded a sweet victory over the ACN in a bye-election conducted by INEC for the vacant house of assembly seat in Ikorodu, Lagos. Hon Gbenga Oshin-PDP was declared the winning by a substantial margin over his ACN opponent. This is the second consecutive victory of PDP in Lagos state over the past months. The first was at Ibeju-Lekki House of Rep seat. It is note-worthy that despite all the noise of Bola Tinubu and his larger than life posturing, he has been loosing elections in his home state. All he has been showing off are his purchased victories at the courts.
The ACN should beware. Lagos might be going PDP. ACN is too arrogant, complacence, loud-mouthed, and the owner of the party-Tinubu, too dictatorial. Can you belief that up till now, the party doesn't have gov candidates, and for other positions. The dummies including Fashola, are all waiting for Baba Tinubu to pronounce them as candidates.

@ d OP

Why are u making this a big news? Every Lagosian that has been monitoring d political map of Lagos state shud know that this area is one of the few strongholds PDP has tenaciously held on to since 1999.

ACN is too arrogant, complacence, loud-mouthed, and the owner of the party-Tinubu, too dictatorial. Can you belief that up till now, the party doesn't have gov candidates, and for other positions. The dummies including Fashola, are all waiting for Baba Tinubu to pronounce them as candidates.

Yah we know (at least we ave seen a bit of their tendencies in Fashola and Oshiomole). We want out wit PDP for now until ACN proves u right.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by omongbati3: 12:44am On Dec 27, 2010
I for talk how Tinubu go defeat Obj grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Dec 27, 2010
Pro Anti:

I'm not a politician but I strongly believe that ACN is not a credible alternative to PDP.

Please expound on this. You are in Lagos, right?
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by suxes2005(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2010
I wish Jonathan can come to ACN so he might
win the coming presidential election

If not ACN should give us a good and credible candidate

SHALOM
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by ProAnti: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2010
kobojunkie link=topic=574073:

This is all moving old wine to new bottles . . . . it remains the same win and people ought to focus on the content and not how shiny the new botttle is.

All these politicians waiting to the last minute, to switch parties, are likely only doing it to secure their seats somehow. They probably think that it would be better for them to align themselves with parties that will probably guarantee their future in power.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Gbawe: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2010
suxes2005:

I wish Jonathan can come to ACN so he might[/b]win the coming presidential election

If not ACN should give us a good and credible candidate

SHALOM

Not possible. The ACN ,lately , is the destination of progressive politicians . I don't think Jonathan falls into that category if we look at how [b]he is surrounded by some of the most regressive political leaders Nigeria has ever known.
On that ground alone , GEJ is disqualified from applying . You cannot claim to be a force of light if your disciples are all agents of darkness .
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by namdo(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
^^^^^^exactly my problem with Jonathan's candidacy in pdp. embarassed
"You cannot claim to be a force of light if your disciples are all agents of darkness . "
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by suxes2005(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2010
Gbawe:

Not possible. The ACN ,lately , is the destination of progressive politicians . I don't think Jonathan falls into that category if we look at how he is surrounded by some of the most regressive political leaders Nigeria has ever known. On that ground alone , GEJ is disqualified from applying . You cannot claim to be a force of light if your disciples are all agents of darkness .

Sure, but wha if he decides to decamp? and change most of his
disciples? i dont know why i just like the man cos of his history though

SHALOM
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by bisiaet: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2010
What is the big deal if PDP won in Ikorodu is it a new thing if opposition party win a fration off leading party in a state so why ACN going to court? NOW THEY WANT TO CREATE MISTRUST IN THE HEART OF THEIR FOLLOWERS IN ALL THIS RECENT WINNING COURT CASES BECAUSE IF OPPOSITION WIN A TOWN AND IS A BIG DEAL SO WHAT IS THE DEMOCRACY THEY ARE CLAIMING THEY STANDING FOR? If ACN rule in Lagos does that mean every Lagosian is a ACN or must be ACN? I just pray this does not ends up in confrontation or political unrest.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by spearman(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ikorodu has always been an opposition stronghold in the south west. Two of their legendary politicians Adeniran Ogunsanya and TOS Benson established the pa tern by going with Zik instead of Awo in the first republic. They voted NPN in the second republic. PDP has always been strong there with the late Funsho Williams as a focal point.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by anonimi: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2010
namdo:

^^^^^^exactly my problem with Jonathan's candidacy in pdp. embarassed
"You cannot claim to be a force of light if your disciples are all agents of darkness . "

hmmm, true talk.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Temmysexy1(f): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2010
This party called 'poverty development party' pdp is the only problem nigerian is having since 1999,i pray GOD wil flush all of them out of the system in JESUS NAME (Amen).am nt a politician bt a lover of justice n peace.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by seanet02: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2010
An election where voters register was imported like tooth picks from ogun state, at all the strong holds of the Action congress there was no voters register. The election can not stand the test of time. We will regain our mandate at the tribunal. @kobojunkie, you seem not to see anything good in The Progress Lagos is making just because the Poverty party awarded you a dubious contract you never fulfill. A big shame on you rogue.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Gbawe: 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2010
suxes2005:

Sure, but wha if he decides to decamp? and change most of his
disciples? i dont know why i just like the man cos of his history though

SHALOM

It is not up to GEJ alone. The ACN will have a say in issues also. I am sure they will reject GEJ outright because they are aware that Jonathan is not at all marketable outside the PDP. What ACN , CPC , ANPP et all are doing shows that , despite talks of zoning being a PDP affair , most Nigerian political Parties tacitly embrace zoning. Otherwise we would not be seeing all of them fielding Northern Presidential candidates .
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Reference(m): 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2010
Haba, so if the PDP fellow is of a better character, has a better manifesto and a track record to go with it. So if the electorate trust him, it is taboo all because he belongs to the hated party. Kudos to those who preach equity here. Me I know no person nor party, just the common good for all. And I know one way to ensure it. Allow political pluralism. Power corrupts and the more powerful the ACN becomes, the more corrupt and inefficient it will become. With an all conquering ACN, cross-carpeting cannot be avoided and those who do wrong will still find their way to power. We cannot have it both ways.
Re: Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election by Gbawe: 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2010
Reference:

Haba, so if the PDP fellow is of a better character, has a better manifesto and a track record to go with it. So if the electorate trust him, it is taboo all because he belongs to the hated party. Kudos to those who preach equity here. Me I know no person nor party, just the common good for all. And I know one way to ensure it. Allow political pluralism. Power corrupts and the more powerful the ACN becomes, the more corrupt and inefficient it will become. With an all conquering ACN, cross-carpeting cannot be avoided and those who do wrong will still find their way to power. We cannot have it both ways.

Not neccessarily . The ACN can easily avoid becoming like the PDP if the Party adheres to a policy of giving good guys, achievers and progressives a fair chance in a genuinely democratic environment. It is that simple . PDP , under OBJ , did the opposite i.e good guys and achievers were bullied out of the way for criminals and mediocre individuals.

Lets not forget that OBJ changed the thinking and modus Operandi of the PDP for the worse to the extent that some of the Parties founding fathers have now stated that the PDP is doomed as long as OBJ remains influential within the Party . Actions such as the OBJ-led impeachment of Peter Obi and the subsequent bullying of everyone out of the way callously and unfairly to make OBJ's Personal assistant (Andy Ubah) Governor of Anambra State shows that the PDP's current identity was created by the inactions of those who let OBJ define the Party in his own dark and "do-or-die" image. This is why the drive towards genuine democracy is important . Genuine democracies tend to self-correct themselves with good buffers of checks and balances . If the ACN keeps promoting internal democracy I don't see how they can ever become as bad as the PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 76th Birthday To Olusegun Obasanjo / CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate / Okorocha Slams Nigerian Customs Service Over Extortion Of Igbo Traders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.