Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:57 PM

Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist (34085 Views)

Panic In Ilorin Over Rumoured Abduction Of Mohammadu Buhari Jamiu (Photo) / Okada Riders Burn Ibeju Lekki Police Station After Police Killed Okada Man / Body Of Motorcyclist Dumped By Roadside After He Was Killed In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by webguruintense: 11:56am On Mar 21, 2020
There was chaos on Friday in Minna, Niger State, when angry commercial motorcyclists, popularly known as okada riders, burnt down the office of the Federal Road Safety Corps .

The okada riders were angry over the death of one of their colleagues allegedly caused by some FRSC officials.

It was learnt that the late motorcyclist rode against traffic along the GRA in the state and in a bid to arrest him, the FRSC officials on patrol opened their vehicle door to block his motorcycle.

Eyewitnesses said the rider crashed the motorcycle in the process and hit his head on the pavement, leading to a serious injury. He was said to have been rushed to a hospital where he died.

Eyewitnesses claimed that the accident resulted in the death of two people; the rider and his passenger.

Some of the FRSC officials were said to have fled when the motorcyclists mobilised themselves but they beat others who waited. The protesters later set fire to office of the corps.

Nothing could be rescued from the burnt building as official documents, valuables of officers and an ambulance at the unit were affected by the fire.

The office of the National Orientation Agency located to the FRSC office was also burnt.

The Public Education Officer of the Unit, Deputy Route Commander, Olugbemiga Bello, who described the incident as unfortunate, stated that the FRSC men on patrol did not cause the accident.

“The motorcyclist did not die but was injured. The accident was caused by the injured motorcyclist due to recklessness,” Bello added.

Meanwhile, Chairman, Amalgamated Commercial Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria in the area, Umar Amah, denied the involvement of members of the association in the incident.

He said, “None of our members was around when the building was touched. I personally led away members who besieged the office before the incident occurred.”

The Niger State FRSC Sector Commander, Joel Dagwa, did not pick calls made to his mobile at the time of filing this report.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/okada-riders-burn-frsc-office-over-rumoured-death-of-motorcyclist/%3famp=1

1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Damrah: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2020
God have mercy on us

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by ignis: 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2020
Two wrongs cannot make a right. Why burn down the entire FRSC office and adjacent offices?
The office was built by tax payers money and more money will be looted and siphoned in the process of erecting or renovating another building.

Like president like uniform men. Every one is acting animalistically and above the law. No respect for orders anymore. The country is disorganized and haphazard.

RIP to the dead.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by LifeMapEmpire(f): 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2020
Which way Nigeria Who do we now believe Two wrongs can never make a right! N.E.V.E.R angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Yenefer(f): 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
Awesome
Wouldst thou have that
Which thou esteem'st the ornament of life,
And live a coward in thy own esteem;
Letting "I dare not" wait upon "I would,"
Like the poor cat i' the adage.

In certain extreme situations the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue natural justice.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by tyup(m): 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
That's why security men, even SARS cannot have a field day brutalising people just anyhow down North

But well to me and my Household North is the best place to live cuz our security is really not in the hands of the Police but our unity and the safety in our Number

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by webguruintense: 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2020
Amen, only God can save us
Damrah:
God have mercy on us

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Olofin2(m): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
Ghenghen
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by webguruintense: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
Despite how blessed Nigeria is, we still live in deep poverty. Too bad.
ignis:
No one is happy in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Ravenna: 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
so sad
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by DropsMic(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
That's their style

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by simplemach(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
I wonder when this "growth" will be achieved in our "Sh*t-hole" country.

Maybe this country should be sold to China to be used as poultry...
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Onlinealaba(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
Even though the FRSC guys has their fault but touching of Government property is equally wrong and should be condemned.
we sell Smart TVs and sound bar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Professorcplus(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
so sad jungle judgments is not the best option

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Inkling(f): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
Barbaric

check www.ewatomi.com

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Igwe35: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
Pity

Please call me now on 080 365 1 99 74 to get a plot in Seman Metroplois Estate Lugbe Abuja.

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
Speechless!lipsrsealed
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by sam4noow(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
a
YorubaKinging:
I thought we are on lockdown ni
No church
No mosque

But they can burn down houses and kill farmers

Lol, this coronaVirus is a means to ban religion of every kind
And give you one world religion which is science and technology
You'll see very soon

ok
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by YesNo(m): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
zoooooo country

just look at the rubbish we are reading.

a WELL TRAINED road safety officer opened his door to use it and block a bike rider carrying a passenger. no regard for life or property.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by NaijaFutbol: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Kogi and Niger are the middle belt areas that have finally fallen into the almajiiri Abyss.

Edo, Kwara and Benue are trying their best to hold but their time is coming. The white walkers are coming!

3 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by ursullalinda(f): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
I just pity them.....because they will pay for it by hook or crook......they should be ready to provide their great grand mothers birth certificate while on duty.......the innocent ones will suffer for what they don't know.
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Kylekent59: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Don't ever joke with the Northerners in their land.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Plausible deniability

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by seunmohmoh(f): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Everything bello wrote up there is wrong. What if it was his wife that was the passenger, will he say the same? Mtcheew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Passionate888: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lagos dodge this bullet

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by Coldie(m): 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
Northerner's are over doing this retaliation thing.
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by vioment: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
Quick BAN.

Then investigate their argument while keeping ban, after much much, keep ban.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by iCauseTrouble: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
I have been to all the 19 states in the North and I can tell you all these law enforcement agencies don't have a strong grip there. How many times have you heard that SARS or Police killed someone in the North? I can boldly tell you that all the commercial vehicles in the North don't have complete papers and no law enforcement agency dare challenge them

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by YorubaKinging: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
I thought we are on lockdown ni
No church
No mosque

But they can burn down houses and kill farmers

Lol, this coronaVirus is a means to ban religion of every kind
And give you one world religion which is science and technology
You'll see very soon
Re: Okada Riders Burn Minna FRSC Office Over Rumoured Death Of Motorcyclist by dionma: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
Okada ban loading .........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Seeks To Seize $2 Million From Nigerian Man Arrested For Romance Scam / Robbers Who Attacked Ogun Church Worshippers During Vigil Arrested. PHOTOS / Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.