Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus (97381 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 / Nigeria Confirms Two New Cases Of Coronavirus, Toll Now 46 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
Petyprincess:
Gbam!! Mrnippleslover don vex o grin

no mind them jare.

how u dey?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Angelfrost(m): 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
RichBoy247:

So, all Nigerians abroad should be locked out of their father's land and turned to destitutes and fugitive abroad

Yes... Or let in, but first subjected to testing and quarantine!!! If this had been done, we won't be on this thread by now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Tolase1999(m): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
allandutch:
What I don't understand is why all this people decide to come back now. Why not before the virus got to Europe and America?
And are they not aware that they stand a better chance of surviving in those countries?
they are not protected in that countries because those people can't leave their citizen and be attending to none citizen and may be they are order to leave. those money their govt release are for their citizen not for outsider.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by othenok(f): 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
A lot of people do not believe Covid-19 is real. I went to Idi Oro Market today with my face mask and glasses and lots of people were making fun of me. I heard some call me mumu. A few ladies were discussing in Yoruba about how daft I was, after all nobody in this market came back from China.
Another lady responded that there was proof that Naija sun kills the virus.
If this thing enter well, na war ooo

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by mandate12: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:
Me thinking how the virus is now surviving our weather.

Hahaha.. Silly!
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by MadamExcellency: 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
It's just yesterday I was made to understand this virus didn't occur naturally, but a failure of laboratory activity in China.

If that is the case, I still dont understand why the global economic migrants remained quiet about the failure of an almighty China, rather, their energies are directed to Buhari for several reasons on same virus.

Why some people so hit by complex that they can even insult the hell outta their parents because of oyibo?

Fixed

Agadi n'agwo ofe
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by olowoeyinkule1: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
letusbepieces:
No deaths so far.
Says who
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
It's just yesterday I was made to understand this virus didn't occur naturally, but a failure of laboratory activity in China.

If that is the case, I still dont understand why the global economic migrants remained quiet about the failure of an almighty China, rather, their energies are directed to Buhari for several reasons on same virus.

Why some people so hit by complex that they can even insult the hell outta their parents because of oyibo?

Well our airspace should have been ban or compulsory isolation of 14 days for any returnee, knowing that interms of action to be taken and facilities, we are vulnurable and our tenant in Aso rock uptill now is yet to address the nation and we don't even know if what happen to yar'adua has happen again.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Xmen149(m): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:
Me thinking how the virus is now surviving our weather.

90percent of people that can travel outside to Yankee has access to AC powered cars and house(those affected are coming from cold region too),rare or no case of Nigerian to Nigerian transmission..,it's Brt that should be stopped or stop using AC... no need for panic..na just advanced maleria

like someone here works with state gvt ..send of these suggestions are already being implemented

if you can find dogonyaro leaf,boil and speed the steam (old school therapy,)or drink for few days and move,..not for pregnant women oh

my friend a nurse in Quarter and her colleagues have been doing hot water therapy(with balm) before and after shift.....I will still find out what that stands for
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by salt1: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
PRESS STATEMENT

NO ANY MEMBER OF STAFF AT THE FIRS HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA TESTED POSITIVE TO COVID-19

The attention of the Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Mr. Muhammad Nami and the Management of the Service has been drawn to the fake news making the rounds on Social Media that a member of staff at the FIRS has tested positive to COVID-19.
The Service hereby states unequivocally that no member of staff at the FIRS has tested positive to COVID-19 as being peddled on Social Media.
The Service can confirm that a member of staff who went to pick his wife from the airport following her return from a trip abroad is currently and voluntarily observing the Federal Government advisory of self-isolation alongside his spouse at the couple’s home since Monday.
Both husband and wife have not visited any FIRS offices or events since the wife retuned to Nigeria last Sunday.
More importantly, both husband and wife have only been in self-isolation for five days and have NOT tested positive to Covid-19.
Before now, all FIRS offices have taken necessary precautions to protect both Staff and our esteemed taxpayers from Covid-19 through such safety measures as social distancing, temperature testing, disabling of the biometric sign in, and provision of hand sanitizers for staff and visitors to our offices nationwide as advised by the Federal Ministry of Health.
Members of the public are therefore advised to discountenance the claim that an FIRS official has tested positive to Covid-19.
For emphasis sake, it is a FAKE NEWS. Fake news kills. Do not spread fake news.
SIGNED
Abdullahi Ismaila Ahmad Director,
Communications and Liaison Department
Federal Inland Revenue Service
March 21, 2020
END
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by opomulero(m): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
the coast will be very clear and coronavirus will be a thing of the past before APRIL 15TH, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Angelfrost(m): 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
Jeromejnr:

You are right.

Seeing how we dont have enough facilities in this country to take care of patients, we have to impose d curfew right now and cut off the chain of the spread..wait for a few weeks then those who end up having the symptoms can report themselves. We keep doin that until the incubation period of the disease has passed then we can resume our normal lives.

Although there is the issue of people not reporting themselves if they have the symptoms.

If we dont cut this now, the health care systems will be overwhelmed and cause a major disaster.

There is still hope... Mass education and information on every available platform should be the order of the day.

Anyone with symptoms should be isolated or isolate himself immediately. Minimal movement where possible can be instituted... But, our biggest hope now is widespread information on every outlet and avenue!!!

People will want to be malicious and hide, but not when everyone is well informed....

At this point, it is an individual choice to protect oneself and household... Expose yourself at your own peril!!!
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Mshad662(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Fixed

THANKS FOR THE FIXING IT BRO. I WAS ABOUT TO SAME THE SAME BUT YOU JUST SAID MY MIND.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Simplyleo: 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
godbless120:

Well our airspace should have been ban or compulsory isolation of 14 days for any returnee, knowing that interms of action to be taken and facilities, we are vulnurable and our tenant in Aso rock uptill now is yet to address the nation and we don't even know if what happen to yar'adua has happen again.
The texts in bold is actually your wish for my president.

Well, he has been sending condolences to most that had wished him same, and I doubt if more wouldn't happen.

So, may whatever you wish others befall you.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Bryan88(m): 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
All Cases Are Returnees, They go outside and enjoy life then imports Sickness for Us
imagine o! after d enjoyment, them carry corona come meet us for where we jejely dey o...infact eeh, d thunder wey go fire dem still dey norway...e never reach naija i swear...nansense!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by MillerJnr(m): 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
All Cases Are Returnees, They go outside and enjoy life then imports Sickness for Us

God will punish them, including buhari daughter, Useless people

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
[b][/b]
oluwasheun94:
Na small small e go reach Aso Rock.
who tell you say e never reach our politicians? Is it because you've not heard about it in the news? They keep secret more than anything.

Dem travel pass bird grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
Xmen149:

90percent of people that can travel outside to Yankee has access to AC powered cars and house(those affected are coming from cold region too),rare or no case of Nigerian to Nigerian transmission..,it's Brt that should be stopped or stop using AC... no need for panic..na just advanced maleria

Stop passing wrong information to people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Kriptune: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
FG was too slow to take necessary preventive measures.

Unlike other serious countries that actually know what leadership means and what is expected of a responsible and accountable leader, Buhari is yet to address the nation, and pride might not let the old quack address the nation... Buhari drop your stupid pride and accept the fact that you've flopped and do the needful, better late than never.

The handlers of Buhari are doing a very poor job.

I wonder if the whole FG even know what they're doing. These lot don't look like they can manage a whatsapp group.

Finally once this is over, learn from this and get yourself a new country that actually values human life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Hunry: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:

our government mumu never do, that's why dey didn't lock down the airspace earlier than expected
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Petyprincess(f): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

no mind them jare.

how u dey?
I dey where you put me o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Xmen149(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Stop passing wrong information to people.

oya go and panic.. when the firs guy coming from Yankee and stays in Abuja test positive and the wife and family negative..

explain that please

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by DateMynd44(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2020
owunabastard:
This coro has been in existence for long now in Nigeria and we are suffering it and getting fine without even knowing. All these noise is because it is dealing with oyibo people now.
are you using this as cover up to comfort and console yourself?
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by tunize(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hoephase:
The problem with Nigeria is that we never plan we are also reacting instead of taking initiative like other countries. EU are still biting their fingers for not reacting early, yet we still allow people from high risk area to come and go as pleased.

Seeing what is going on in Italy and for EU to put their country on lock down this is not a joking matter.

In fact our best option would have been to close borders and take it from there. Now that we have enough cases quarantine is not going to be effective in Nigeria.. Majority of the population work in the informal sector, how in health are we going to keep them indoors for a considerable number of days unless we declare state of emergency and place 24 hours curfew.

Please those people with big brains on the forum should come forward with their take on this matter.
You have spoken well. The deed has already been done sir, this shouldn't be a time of insulting or blaming our government for the unwise and slow decision taken but rather ways of helping our family, friends and loved ones doing the needful by following all the neccessary precaution laid down. We should jst pray and hope that it hasn't really gone beyond wat we are seeing now because if it has, our case would be worse than that of italy.We're all stalk in it together both the poor and rich now dey observe " just like death" covid-19 nor know "rich or poor". That state of emergency is highly needed because ppl still see it as a joke.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by DateMynd44(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
foleskay:
This virus is indeed deadly. The casualty figures keeps rising exponentially all over the world. Over 300 ppl died overnight in Spain. In Nigeria let's just pray its curtailed on time. From 1,3,4,5.. and now 10. Haaa oh Lord this is getting really scary!!
over 300 people died overnight in Spain?
How credible is this info?
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by miqos02(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
KwaraRat:

You see how foolish people are.

You want to use the communist draconian model of culling and lying to wish the virus away.

This is how people get enslaved by their own foolishness.

You even trust anything that comes out Chinese govt shows how ignorant you are..
you can't pass across a message without insulting others? Shows your type of personality, I won't honor you with another response again.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by ustanejnr(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lock down Lagos now, and save the other part of the country, or we will regret soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by CreekCommando: 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
othenok:
A lot of people do not believe Covid-19 is real. I went to Idi Oro Market today with my face mask and glasses and lots of people were making fun of me. I heard some call me mumu. A few ladies were discussing in Yoruba about how daft I was, after all nobody in this market came back from China.
Another lady responded that there was proof that Naija sun kills the virus.
If this thing enter well, na war ooo
Sorry, you entered a wrong market where 15th century women sell kaya grin grin
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... 10 new cases....they are undergoing treatment.... really? So these hospitals have treatment for CoV19..... while others around the world are scrambling to come up with a treatment.

You can't treat a virus, but you can treat the symptoms such as cough, fever, among other flu-like or malaria symptoms.

In the end, it is how strong your immune system is that will tell. If the immune system is healthy, antibodies released would deal with the virus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Foods That Increase Sperm Count / 12 Prominent Persons In Kano Die In 10 Hours / Jedi Jedi/pile,hemorrhoids/opa Eyin , Sufferers Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.