Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights (613 Views)

Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN / Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg / Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by macpetrus(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2020
The Federal Government of Nigeria has announced the closure of all the country’s airports to international flights till April 23, 2020. The Director-General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA),  Capt. Musa Nuhu disclosed this in a letter to all foreign airlines and operators on Saturday. He said domestic flights will continue normal operations at all airports.

The NCAA had shut down the international wing of three airports in Nigeria on Friday. This is in line with the directive of the Federal Government to restrict international flights in response to the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic. The three airports closed down were; Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano; Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu; and the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa. This leaves only the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in operation. However, the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, late yesterday, said Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, and Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos would be closed too. Sirika, while fielding questions from State House Correspondents on Friday, said the five international airports should have been closed instead of singling out three. Since then, 10 more cases of the coronavirus disease have been confirmed in the country, bringing the country’s burden of coronavirus infections to a total of 22.

Three of the 10 new cases are in Abuja, the country’s capital. The other seven are in Lagos. Nine of the new 10 infections had “have travel history outside Nigeria in the last one week,” the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control said in a tweet.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-nigeria-bans-all-international-flights-over-coronavirus.html

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-nigeria-bans-all-international-flights-over-coronavirus.html

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by macpetrus(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2020
Finally.. They have finally come to their senses
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by clarocuzioo(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by Pentasoft1978: 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2020
God purnish you all that are slow in decision making, after 10 cases has entered Abuja. it should kill you in Abuja first so that next life you will have sense in taking swift measures.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by seunlayi(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
Why not. They've achieved their aim. Thank God we are in together
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by seunlayi(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
Pentasoft1978:
God purnish you all that are slow in decision making, after 10 cases has entered Abuja. it should kill you in Abuja first so that next life you will have sense in taking swift measures.
that Prof Osinbajo really fall my hand
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by Humanoid01(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
Uhm..

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by Mynd44: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by Simplyleo: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
False.

I'm to touch down at MMIA on Tue next week and I haven't received any text msg or email from the airline announcing any cancellation for whatever reason. Rather, I got msgs bordering on itenaries.

False, absolutely false.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by TimeManager(m): 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
seunlayi:
that Prof Osinbajo really fall my hand
He should override his boss, right?

kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by AisonShain(f): 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
False.

I'm to touch down at MMIA on Tue next week and I haven't received any text msg or email from the airline announcing any cancellation for whatever reason. Rather, I got msgs bordering on itenaries.

False, absolutely false.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by iluvdonjazzy: 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
ABBA KYARI has finally come back to his senses
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Bans All International Flights by Citytrend: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
They should be ashame of themselves

(1) (Reply)

Weep Not For Abba Kyari And Co / Remembering Today In Nigeria History: The Orkar Coup Of April 22 1990 / Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria Future Beckons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.