Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition (1611 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Defiant Driver Gets Stuck Inside galadimawa Flood After Ignoring Advise In abuja / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 22, 2020
Hi,

I need help with my 2008 Acura MDX. The car key does not come off as easily as it should whenever I park. I have had to shift the car from drive to park repeatedly before the key comes off. It's getting irritating and I am thinking it may, ultimately, damage they key later on.

The problem started when my mechanic brought down the 'gear' I think in a bid to access a broken bolt under the car. This he did to avoid bringing down the engine. He fixed the bolt and left me with this problem. Please how do I solve this?

PS: Any idea where I can purchase a fuel tank door for the car? Not the fuel cap but the outer door.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 22, 2020
Change your wind shield wipers.

1 Like

Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 22, 2020
Top up your oil.
Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by BarrSly: 8:25am On Mar 22, 2020
Check your gear button ... get a WD-40 spray it on it let it settle in then try getting it out the button if it’s stuck afterwards just try the key.

1 Like

Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2020
BarrSly:
Check your gear button ... get a WD-40 spray it on it let it settle in then try getting it out the button if it’s stuck afterwards just try the key.

Thanks bro.
Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by thebigkendo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
darknez:
Hi,

I need help with my 2008 Acura MDX. The car key does not come off as easily as it should whenever I park. I have had to shift the car from drive to park repeatedly before the key comes off. It's getting irritating and I am thinking it may, ultimately, damage they key later on.

The problem started when my mechanic brought down the 'gear' I think in a bid to access a broken bolt under the car. This he did to avoid bringing down the engine. He fixed the bolt and left me with this problem. Please how do I solve this?

PS: Any idea where I can purchase a fuel tank door for the car? Not the fuel cap but the outer door.

Thanks in anticipation.

Most likely the transmission range switch was not set correctly when the gear was installed.

It's either you mechanic adjust and lubricate the shifter cable or the transmission range switch(if I remember correctly kazeem call it "counting switch" )

For the key to come out.. The transmission has to be in "Park" position.. So I am guessing when your gear lever is in "Park" the range switch is not in "park", so you car does not know the transmission is in "park".. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
thebigkendo:

Most likely the transmission range switch was not set correctly when the gear was installed.

It's either you mechanic adjust and lubricate the shifter cable or the transmission range switch(if I remember correctly kazeem call it "counting switch" )

For the key to come out.. The transmission has to be in "Park" position.. So I am guessing when your gear lever is in "Park" the range switch is not in "park", so you car does not know the transmission is in "park".. grin grin

Wow...you seem to know a lot about this. Thank you. How can the problem be resolved. My mechanic wants to give it to an electrical guy to look at. Will it help?
Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Covid19: 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2020
darknez:
Hi,

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2020
Covid19:

I also own a 2008 MDX I can help you get the fuel door, kindly shoot me a message on whatsapp

Thanks, I have gotten one.

Please do you know how to get the handsfree working? Been trying to connect the Bluetooth without much success.
Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Covid19: 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
darknez:

Thanks, I have gotten one.

Please do you know how to get the handsfree working? Been trying to connect the Bluetooth without much success.
I gave u my whatsp numb message me there m bout to remove the number
Re: Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition by Themandalorian: 10:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
Covid19:
I gave u my whatsp numb message me there m bout to remove the number
No one wants to send Covid19 a personal message.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Goverment Stop Registering Of Commercial Bus ( Danfo & Okada) / Advice On Toyota Camry And Corolla / GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.