Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses (21189 Views)

Senate President: Senate Standing Rule And The National Assembly - Omo-Ikirodah / No Standing Agreement Between Tinubu, Makinde - APC Presidential Campaign Counci / JUSUN Strike: Wike Threatens To Enforce No-Work-No-Pay Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by naptu2: 6:31am On Mar 22, 2020
COVID-19: LBSL to Enforce No Standing Rule in Buses

... Intensifies Sanitising of Buses

In line with the directive of the Lagos State Government to limit public gathering to 50 people and practice social distancing to contain the spread of the COVID-19, the Lagos Bus Services Limited, LBSL, has directed that no passenger must, henceforth, be allowed to stand in the buses after all the seats must have been occupied.

The Managing Director, LBSL, Mr. Idowu Oguntona, stated that the decision was in full compliance with the State Government's directive to limit the numbers of public gatherings to a maximum of 50 across the State.

He noted that prior to the index case of COVID-19 and the subsequent directive from the State government, the company had always maintained high hygiene practices in all its buses.

Oguntona, however, stated that in view of the current reality of the COVID-19 outbreak; the Company has started taking more stringent decisions as part of efforts to contain and limit the spread of the virus.

"Based on our usual operating standards, we would pay more attention to the cleaning and sanitising of our buses. As we speak, we have enhanced our cleaning regime to ensure that all surfaces within our buses are properly disinfected, including the handrails, hand poles, seats, drivers’ cabin and dashboards”, he said.

While informing that hand sanitising facilities are being deployed across all its depots, stations and frontline staff areas, Oguntona added that the company is also putting in place necessary parameters to avert further spread of the virus.

In his words, "As we speak now, protective gears are being provided for all our staff that are interacting with commuters, whilst the use of sanitisers in all our stations is now continuous. This is in addition to infrared thermometers that are being deployed at the company headquarters and across our stations and depots".

"Apart from the aforementioned measures, we are also sensitising all our stakeholders on the available measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease and how to conduct themselves to be safe in our buses", Oguntona added.

He assured the commuting public that the management of the company will continue to monitor advice and guidance from the Government and Public Health Authorities and make further changes as required.

"In the meantime, we implore you to wash your hands more often for at least 20 seconds. Use soap and water or hand sanitiser when you get home or your workplaces, sneeze, cough, eat or handle food," he counselled.

He urged Lagosians to call the #COVID19Lagos toll-free line: 08000CORONA, to receive important information from experts on how to stay free from the virus or report a suspected case.

https://www.facebook.com/followlasg/photos/a.676862885668314/3013270338694212/?type=3&theater

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:37am On Mar 22, 2020
Nice one
Pls what about those white bus
Please they need to be warned the way they pack peope like sardine
Pls let them be aware because of the corona virus

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Bilabong(m): 6:38am On Mar 22, 2020
This corp bobo has humbled everyone
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by SouthNigerian: 6:58am On Mar 22, 2020
My Southern Leaders!

Not wishing the North bad, but my heart shakes for that region.

The Pandemic will hit the North that they'll forget about Islamization of Nigeria.

ornicus:

better worry about yourself. the pandemic is no respecter of persons, tribes religions or affiliations. it will hit your region and you will forget all your delusions about being better than them.
Hey man, we know the pandemic is no respecter of persons. Even so, the ones who will survive this turbulent times will still find their ways into survival.

But the reality is, the North is densely populated & that's a major problem.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 22, 2020
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 22, 2020
Hmm

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by SouthNigerian: 7:42am On Mar 22, 2020
nuti:

My brother you are thinking what am thinking, this might be a blessing in disguise

You're right man. The pandemic is like a storm, after causing lots of rocus and chaos globally, there shall be a great a calm across the globe. My prayers is we survive this season of hardship, Amen.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Ishilove: 7:45am On Mar 22, 2020
This is serious. No keke, no bikes, and very limited BRT buses. Very flawed transport system in Lagos and a very incompetent government at the helm of affairs.

God what a mess.

Forgive me my sins and In my next life Father please don't make me a Nigerian. cry

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by CAPSLOCKED: 7:46am On Mar 22, 2020
nuti:

My brother you are thinking what am thinking, this might be a blessing in disguise

People and economies dying globally is blessing to you?

20 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2020
SouthNigerian:
My Southern Leaders!

Not wishing the North bad, but my heart shakes for that region.

The Pandemic will hit the North that they'll forget about Islamization of Nigeria.

better worry about yourself. the pandemic is no respecter of persons, tribes religions or affiliations. it will hit your region and you will forget all your delusions about being better than them.

14 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by sotall(m): 7:49am On Mar 22, 2020
He noted that prior to the index case of COVID-19 and the subsequent directive from the State government, the company had always maintained high hygiene practices in all its buses.

Is it the same bus I use regularly where they park people like sardine. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by mrsage(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2020
Better
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Olalekank(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2020
I thought we are not supposed to go out

Is it everyone that can enter BRT?
I don't see how people won't have bodily contact on danfo which is the popular means of transport.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Ishilove: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2020
Olalekank:
I thought we are not supposed to go out
You and who?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Goldenheart(m): 7:51am On Mar 22, 2020
smiley Will greed ever let them comply?
We will find out lipsrsealed
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by ForeThinker: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2020
Have a blessed new week pippu

Meanwhile ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by virginboy1(m): 7:51am On Mar 22, 2020
Gone are the days when people showed off with "I just came back from UK,USA,Yankee" sad

Brag now and get Quarantined!!! undecided

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Wahala90: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2020
See what Buhari has caused!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

People and economies dying globally is blessing to you?

when this is over, americans will be forced to face the fact that the 1%er hypercapitalism of today cannot work. they will go back to the post WW2 model. it will also lead to americans being far more realistic about healthcare for all. this has shown the reality that a lot of right wing fools refuse to understand

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

if we make it out of this - everyone will start to invest in some sort of government world epidemiology task force
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Abcdefghij10000(f): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2020
Commendable

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by iammo(m): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2020
even business owners and pastors are issuing out statements, I wonder what buhari is shy about

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by GeoandSONSLTD: 7:52am On Mar 22, 2020
This is commendable.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by TeemahLily: 7:52am On Mar 22, 2020
TeemahLily:
Nice one
Pls what about those white bus
Please they need to be warned the way they pack peope like sardine
Pls let them be aware because of the corona virus
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by AmazingELixir: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2020
grin grin grin

Long over due....this has been in my thought for a while now, especially the Primireo and Old red buses those guys stack humans like cartons.

The long dilapidated buses that ply Oshodi routes is even worse.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Yenefer(f): 7:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Wahala90:
G
virginboy1:
Chai
ForeThinker:
undecided
Dpharisee:
Ok
Wahala90:
G
original post before modifications
AmazingELixir:
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Hotfreez: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Lagos is far far ahead of Nigeria.

Whatever happens, this virus must not get to Abia. Ikpeazu left Abians and ran to the US and is stuck there. grin

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by virginboy1(m): 7:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Wahala90:
See what Buhari has caused!
undecided

As far it is not affecting cows

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Olalekank(m): 7:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Ishilove:

You and who?
Not to go out entirely.
More like, reduce your outing. If your job allows you to work from home, then do it. People do not have to gather in social gatherings too.

I don't mean having your house on lockdown for 24 hours
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by virginboy1(m): 7:54am On Mar 22, 2020
Yenefer:
original post before modifications
Monitoring spirit... undecided

If not for the ban of Churches, you for dey church by now dey mind your business. undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by nextlevelmoves: 7:54am On Mar 22, 2020
[quote author=Ishilove post=87655495]
You and who? [/quote

Me and you,ege
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 22, 2020
Bus drivers when deaf.. i pray the hear this and keep to it undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Should Tell Buhari To Release Funds To End ASUU Strike - Obi’s Camp / 17 Impeached Deputy Governors Since 1999 / Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.