Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure (32366 Views)

FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Ihedioha Meets Buhari, Seeks Presidential Intervention On Infrastructure Devt / Umahi Bags "Governor Of The Year Award On Infrastructure" By Authority Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by EagleSquare1(m): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2020
The local banks are complicit in concealing stolen wealth by public officials and their cronies. Rather than dip hands into the pension funds, which obviously will be threatened during repayment, the government should influence or activate any emergency law that allows for these ‘excess’ stolen funds be seized and used for the public good. It is time to be brutal with those who have led the nation and its people to this threat if extinction. Enough is Enough! We cannot sit idly and watch man’s inhumanity to man!

Islie:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/oil-price-fall-fg-moves-to-use-pension-fund-on-infrastructure-aliero/
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by Adakintroy2: 11:55am On Mar 22, 2020
AreaFada2:

There were physicians in Jesus' time. Most people didn't rely on miracle. Plagues always existed. And man learnt from them.

Many infectious diseases that were deadly 200 years ago have either been eradicated through vaccination or now mostly treatable with medication.

If Westerners (most of whom are atheists) stood there chanting God and Jesus you won't have this social media or the device you are using now.

Anybody can believe in whatever God or not, do not force it on those who choose not to believe.
Even the Pope and Western churches, despite their dwindling flock, have stopped church service. The Vatican has even cancelled the usual Easter gathering ahead.

We black just use religion to become indolent.
You that is challenging others for their belief or lack of, can you use your religiosity to cure Corona Virus?

Those largely atheist Westerners will soon develop a vaccine. Science is not miracle. It is pure hard work over time. Not from indolence disguised piety.

A true believer uses his God given talent to impact mankind. Let your work entice others to your faith. Many you call atheists are displaying their faith through work. Faith through action.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by Maxwell4404(m): 11:58am On Mar 22, 2020
@WINK2015 ....... Cut down on the high cost of governance, that so true at least we pay our tax as citizens of Nigeria, let's the government pay through their own pocket. Going to use (#9 tr)pension is not ideal at all we all know they wont pay back and the money is still going into your pockets and no infrastructure would be done or if maybe its will be abandon, what about Abiola Loots we haven't heard anything since then Nigeria with Bleep government..[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by Udumeh: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Do not use.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by ola9ja(m): 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
Let there be decentralization of power, Let every state in Nigeria be an Autonomous state where by each state will survive with whatever they produce or generate

Criminals are just sitting and making useless laws and paying themselves Jumbo paychecks

Stupid and reckless Government without vision .
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by anigbajumo(m): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
Goodman247:
Nigeria is an unserious country, Just this month that the oil price start dropping because of coro virus, they are already feeling the heat, what of if d corona virus continue for 6 months, people will start dying or hunger.Nigerian leaders are wasteful, they cannot save for the rainy day

Lol,6months us too much bro.If this virus continue on the next 2_3 months I can bet it this government will find it hard to pay common NYSC allowee not to talk of their permanent workers.I see no different between this scam government and PDP government,they still fail to diversify economy yet they can't decentralize the system.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by MansoryMX(m): 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
It’s official. Nigeria is BROKE.

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by MansoryMX(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
khalids:
Wait let me try and understand this...

The government that did not contribute a dine to how i managed to save up my pension....will borrow it from where i saved it..

Then they will now tax me again and use the tax money to pay back the pension........

How is this even logical, what manner of fuckery is this.............to what extent will this people keep playing with our lives

So someone will come to you to borrow money and then he will be taxing you every day, then when the money is complete he will now give it back to you.....ABI OLORI BURUKU LAWON PEOPLE YI

Guy you don use laugh finish me. This is the Next Level baba promise Nigeria. All this is under one year o, 3 more years to go. By the time this buhari/Kyari Government is don with Nigerians, we all will line up at expressway with plates, begging for food. Who have small change should relocate to Ghana or even Cotonou now before dem go begin close their borders again hungry Nigerians.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by haryomikun(m): 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
Adakintroy2:
Notice how God quickly went to the top. Now that rationality and science is failing to find cure. Men now seek the devine.

Love to have that conversation now with those who said there is no God those atheist people lets now have that conversation
Stupid talk. Has your God found the cure?

Think before you talk. The places of worship of your God has been closed. What is he doing about it?

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by MansoryMX(m): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
freemi:
Why can't der just print money and fund it?

Money becomes worthless if too much is printed. If the Money Supply increases faster than real output then, ceteris paribus, inflation will occur. If you print more money, the amount of goods doesn't change. ... If there is more money chasing the same amount of goods, firms will just put up prices. A case study is Venezuela, a country in South America. Trust me, you don’t want to experience or live in a country suffering from Hyper-inflation. You will buy an ordinary toothpick for 60,000 naira and a bathroom slippers for 3 million naira or more.

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by relagze: 12:57pm On Mar 22, 2020
They shouldn't build any infrastructure again, they should leave it until oil price is back up. We will go back to how our forefathers were travelling in those days i.e the use of donkeys, horses and even camels. Please leave peoples sweat, thank you.
Islie:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/oil-price-fall-fg-moves-to-use-pension-fund-on-infrastructure-aliero/
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by Beke2020: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
Which road have this govt ever built? They budget so much for infrastructure year in year out and nothing is done. There is no road you ply in this country that is smooth and standard.yet so much is budgeted. While others are improving on their roads, we are yet to get it right.
larot78:
God will purnish this people ooo..ls it by force that they must build roads ..this money is for pensioner's ..its should not be tampered with..Once its been touched there will be difficulties in payback.. I am not in support of the move no not at all..and to think that most of the funds would not be well utilized and siphoned... I hate to also add that this government is not pple oriented and the welfare of the citizen is not thire priority.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by bluefilm: 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
RapistOnBail:
[s]I recommend the government to cut down salaries of all Civil servants. After which they go for the corpers Allowee. Corpers are useless[/s].

Thunder....
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by Skmoda360(m): 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2020
armed robber government.....na pension fund una wan steal now.....ayemi!!! Who put me for this useless country with useless government.?.. undecided
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by bluefilm: 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
freemi:
Why can't der just print money and fund it?

Money is not the colorful paper you are holding in your hand.

Money is the value the colorful paper you are holding in your hand represents.

And that's because money is the medium of exchange (of value).

I hope you get that?

So your main focus should be on creating more value rather than printing more papers.

To tell you how meaningless the idea of printing more paper is, think of your ordinary airtime which you can transfer to another person.

I hope you know that is also a form of digital money without even needing to print anything?

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by NicolaiAlec: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
On Wednesday or Thursday, when the oversight committee of the national assembly was at the Ministry of information, the minister stated that they had 277 thousand workers.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by googi: 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
My friend, Nigeria is on its way to Zimbabwe and Venezuela.

You put it very well. My problem is why Nigerians cannot put these together and realize that it equals DEVALUATION!

There is no difference between printing money, Oil Money and Devaluation.

What were we selling when Nigerian Pound equals British Pound?

We were feeding the whole of West Africa. There were RESTRICTIONS on imports. You could only leave Nigeria with One Hundred Pounds after the War.

So how could you import new, old, used and junk goods?

If you buy Hausa carvings, slippers: Igbo carvings, palm oil or Yoruba Omolagidi or Aso Oke and take it with you to England and America.

Better still, Okrika and Ijebu made.

Boy oh boy, you were in money.

MansoryMX:

Money becomes worthless if too much is printed. If the Money Supply increases faster than real output then, ceteris paribus, inflation will occur. If you print more money, the amount of goods doesn't change. ... If there is more money chasing the same amount of goods, firms will just put up prices. A case study is Venezuela, a country in South America. Trust me, you don’t want to experience or live in a country suffering from Hyper-inflation. You will buy an ordinary toothpick for 60,000 naira and a bathroom slippers for 3 million naira or more.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2020
dumodust:
Dem wan begin chop this one

before nko

WE ARE READY TO WATCH SNAKE SWALLOW N9tr

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by ehinja: 1:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
From responses here Nigerians know we have a problem with the way the country is being run.
We owe ourselves and future generations a country we can all be proud of.
How long are we going to be this timidly misled? Democracy allows for accountability and we should call for it with one voice.

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by romenna: 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Don't fcck with our future savings u fools.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by ogubolokento(m): 2:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
The worst hit countries has not gone to borrow a country with failed leaders just days you want to steal! who do us this thing sef
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by sulaak(m): 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2020
OChimex:

Good morning a few good Nigerians. Word of advice, if you don't want to lose your sanity because of the insane thievery in govt and bastardization and raping of the country relocate and start a family somewhere else, because the way things look, Nigeria is irredeemable .

IMASTEX:

This is already the option as it stands to many. The politicians are ready to sell the lands of if there is nothing left to loot.

The West doesn't want Africans, it time for Nigerian to take back their country.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by Adakintroy2: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
haryomikun:

Stupid talk. Has your God found the cure?

Think before you talk. The places of worship of your God has been closed. What is he doing about it?

What cure? Men are praying. That's my point and if no cure comes in months and the death toll rise you too will join. Now my question Is why are they praying to God if there is no God?

Think before you talk.

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by kings09(m): 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
nuti:
Hope its federal pension savings they are referring to and not private citizens savings because if they try it, Nigeria will scatter
Indeed. How many misdeeds of the govt have the citizens risen against?

We just like to complain n boast empty
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by pacespot(m): 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2020
Civil or evil servants are the most useful workers in this country, all they do is sit in the comfy chairs of their offices and steal money or demand bribes, their pay packets should be stripped down to free money for these infrastructural projects, that is how to do business as a government, cut off all the unproductivity sources in the system and pump money into the areas that encourage productivity.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by tiredoflife(m): 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
nuti:
Hope its federal pension savings they are referring to and not private citizens savings because if they try it, Nigeria will scatter

Did u see them say it private grin
All una funds is federal na
Relax we are in this next level together
Just 30% we go chop
Later we go come for 60% if e too sweet cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by sulaak(m): 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
Islie:

Any monies taken out of the pension funds will be used to service the $100 billion debt, Nigeria is broke and the government is looking for any source of revenue or funds to keep the country from defaulting on its foreign debts.

The country is on its last legs.

Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by 12inchess: 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
That is why I hate pension and 401k. It's not even a sensible way to secure your retirement.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by 12inchess: 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
That is why I hate pension and 401k. It's not even a sensible way to secure your retirement.

I rather keep my money under the pillow than have any 401k or pension.
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by bigpicture001: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
...which infrastructure; all lies its for salaried
Re: Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure by freemi(m): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
bluefilm:

Money is not the colorful paper you are holding in your hand.

Money is the value the colorful paper you are holding in your hand represents.

And that's because money is the medium of exchange (of value).

I hope you get that?

So your main focus should be on creating more value rather than printing more papers.

To tell you how meaningless the idea of printing more paper is, think of your ordinary airtime which you can transfer to another person.

I hope you that is also a form of digital money without even needing to print anything?
Lols. Nawao

Pantami: FG Plans To Replace BVN With NIN / Supreme Court Judges That Will Decide Atiku, Obi’s Appeal Against Tinubu / Shehu Sani Reacts To Governors' Request For Buhari To Run In 2019