Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? (526 Views)

Coronavirus:Are These Statistics Report Real?pic. / Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics) / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2020
Good day everyone,

As I am writing this we have over 20 cases of coronavirus in Nigeria. People who thought African people were immune cannot afford to be so sure anymore.

While the government is finally waking up by announcing a ban on incoming international flights. The disease is spreading. We all know deep down that way the numbers are more than what we hear in the news. Trust me!! 22 cases is enough to infect up to 50million Nigerians. A quarantine looks very possible in the nearest future. ARE YOU PREPARED?!

What do you and your family need in the case of an emergency quarantine during this pandemic?

1. The first thing we need to fight the coronavirus is something I pray the reader has, a strong immune system. If your body can fight the disease, the symptoms will be less severe. This is why some people with underlying disease conditions, like asthma, or HIV, or vulnerable people like the elderly, for example are more likely to be more Ill, and probably more likely to die from COVID-19 than healthier people. Just look at Italy.

2. The second thing you need is good, excellent personal and environmental hygiene. So yes, wash your hands with soap and water,aviod sneezing or coughing in the air or your clothes. Use tissue paper. Wipe all surfaces in your house twice a day. A study done in china showed that cleaning surfaces twice a day could help reduce transmission of coronavirus.

Also you need to pay your bills in advance, light, water, internet, enough firewood/kerosene/gas for cooking, DSTV and many other necessary bills

From here this list becomes more material.

3. A source of clean water, especially drinking water, enough to last at least 1 month for the members of your household.

4. Rubbing alcohol: or isopropyl alcohol, good to clean surfaces with and rub on your hands like sanitizer. Bleach is necessary for cleaning too.

5. Tissue: In addition to the normal 50 naira type to wipe your butt, but those thick long types used in the kitchen. Useful for DIY face masks. Because the Normal ones are scarce and health professionals and sick people need it more than we do.

6. Foodstuff: it's a no brainer, but go instead for things that will last long, less perishable items, a bag of rice, beans, garri, yam, tinned tomatoes,dried pepper, dried fish, canned food like sardines, geisha, corned beef. If you can dry any perishable item in the sun like onions, some vegetables like bitterleaf, okro, egusi, meat or fish, maybe tomatoes, pls go ahead and dry and store. Snacks will be good too for the children.

7. First aid items: cotton wool spirit, plaster, enough medication to last up to a month or two, for those with chronic diseases like hypertension or diabetes. Also common drugs like paracetamol, flagyl, some antibiotics, is okay

8. Soap: liquid, bathing, and detergent.self explanatory.

9. Cash: Incase of an emergency during the emergency.

These Others can be optional, but you can also get them.

9. Vitamin supplements Especially vitamin C, B complex, zinc. Immune boosting supplements too are good.

There are others but these are the main ones. Get enough of these items for everyone living in your house. Budget for a month or maybe 2. This is a time to be alert and protect yourself and your loved ones. To be forewarned is to be forewarned. STAY SAFE!!

Pls move to front page.
Cc
Lalasticlala mynd44 seun ishilove
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by godkiller(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2020
I refuse to think about being quarantined.
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 22, 2020
godkiller:
I refuse to think about being quarantined.
prevention is better than cure.
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by Aliencraft(m): 8:13am On Mar 22, 2020
angry
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:18am On Mar 22, 2020
If they had told me this user can have sense like this I wouldn't have believed it. The suggestion is great but let's hope it doesn't get to this extent, for at least, the people who feed from their everyday activities.
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
If they had told me this user can have sense like this I wouldn't have believed it. The suggestion is great but let's hope it doesn't get to this extent, for at least, the people who feed from their everyday activities.
if I knock you ehn!!
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by godkiller(m): 8:22am On Mar 22, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
prevention is better than cure.

I know, but people that fear about a thing end up being victims of thier fear.
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 22, 2020
godkiller:

I know, but people that fear about a thing end up being victims of thier fear.
this is not to instill fear but to prepare for the worst
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by godkiller(m): 8:27am On Mar 22, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
this is not to instill fear but to prepare for the worst

Prepare for the worst?

Hmmm, I see
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by oboy81: 5:30am On Mar 24, 2020
Hello Doc, thanks for the Info.
Pls what is an isopropyl Alcohol, where can i Get one and what is the price Range pls?
thanks once Again
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by oboy81: 5:49am On Mar 28, 2020
Op @funmisticqueen2 Please Reply Me. where Can I get Isopropyl Alcohol and what is The price Range
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 28, 2020
oboy81:
Op @funmisticqueen2 Please Reply Me. where Can I get Isopropyl Alcohol and what is The price Range
isopropyl alcohol is also called rubbing alcohol. It is a main ingredient in methylated spirit and hand sanitizer. The alcohol Will dry out the cell wall of germs.

you can get it in ojota market, or where they sell chemicals like liquid soap detergent ingredients where you stay.Just ask for IPA. It smells like pure methylated spirit, but isn't the same.

I don't know the price now, but it will have increased. Pls insist on 70% or better still 91% IPA(isopropyl alcohol)
Re: Coronavirus: Are You Prepared For A Quarantine? by oboy81: 2:45am On Apr 01, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
isopropyl alcohol is also called rubbing alcohol. It is a main ingredient in methylated spirit and hand sanitizer. The alcohol Will dry out the cell wall of germs.

you can get it in ojota market, or where they sell chemicals like liquid soap detergent ingredients where you stay.Just ask for IPA. It smells like pure methylated spirit, but isn't the same.

I don't know the price now, but it will have increased. Pls insist on 70% or better still 91% IPA(isopropyl alcohol)
Ok. thank you very much Ma'am.

(1) (Reply)

Photo...lagos Completes World Class" Isolation Facility in a week / Footage Shows Boris Johnson Leaving Hospital To Rapturous Applause / Quarantined Ugandans Have Sex With Each Other – Uganda Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.