Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction (23099 Views)

CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / CBN Fines UBA, Access Bank, Stanbic IBTC ₦100m For Hiding Crypto Deals / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by Dollabiz: 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
Everyone want to make money off a virus
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by slimanyd: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
iammo:
cool

Oshi

give Nigerians free acees to online freelance market, throw out paypal and payoonerr bottlenecks
and let Nigerians competively compete

There is no bottleneck on payooner as a nigerian , only paypal bro which majority now uses other countrys url
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by Studyinchina200(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
Revoke their license
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by iammo(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
slimanyd:

There is no bottleneck on payooner as a nigerian , only paypal bro which majority now uses other countrys url

you cant accept payooner payment from some US State, i know i got sholved 2 days from florid3 client which i lost a couple of buck using some traditional method
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by overboard(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
Uuuh, uuuh...

Abeg who get legit inflow?
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by vertueptime: 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
No be until una catch them, liars, the thing big pass una, shameleaa govmnt

Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/forex-racketeering-cbn-fines-banks-bdcs-hundreds-of-millions-for-infraction/
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by pacespot(m): 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
The problem of a capitalist society has always been big corporations, they manipulate every government policy for profit making while enjoying privileges provided for their business to thrive.
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by saajus: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
You are right, but there is a lot of scam going on here. Banks use innocent customers detail to buy dollars at official rate and resell to Bureau de change guys. For example, if you have an American VISA, you are entitled to buy BTA at the official floor rate. Many travellers don't know. Banks won't let a few that know have access to it because of their selfish purpose. Banks have used many customers details to buy BTA's. They know how to create fake VISA's page and other detail required by CBN. There is also a different rate for oil importers and so on. Those criminal bankers find a way to create fake oil importers so that they can access that rate. CBN messed things up by creating multiple rates for different businesses/activities.
I'm surprised they are just waking up. This racketeering is very obvious but we all assumed the FG does not care because Bureau De Change Godfathers are very powerful and most of them are Northerners. Many BDC owners and top bankers are multi-billionaires because of this.

Simplyleo:
The forces of demand and supply is natural.

Arresting syndicates in forex is a mere cosmetic solution which can't stand the test of time.

If the dollars are in sufficient supply, I don't know how the forex operators will swindle anyone.

Just like sufficient availability of PMS at the filling station. How can the blackmarkers end up swindling me when I can just drive into any filling station and get my tank filled?

Since the naira has been devalued, I believe water will naturally find its level very very soon.
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by hotwax: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
ichidodo:
Most of these enterprises think they can just do any how without puntive costs?...Good The CBN is alive to her duties....I just pity those speculators -economic sabotoeurs- who bought dollars at 400 or 420 waiting for it to fall to 500.They have just lost money.....

It will certainly fall to 500. See what is going on right now
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by nedekid: 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
post=87669123:

Hope the below helps?

This is even more explanatory.
This belongs to Frontpage.
Thanks Agbari1
In summary, Darling daddy is badluck. Bad head. Came in the 80tis, badluck, suffering and crying for Nigerians, came again 1st term, suffering, but our people no wisen up. 2nd term, the badluck in excess!
THE RECESSIONISTS HAVE ARRIVED.
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by ichidodo: 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
hotwax:

It will certainly fall to 500. See what is going on right now
That's just speculation....And if u decide to put your money where your mouth is on that regard then go ahead but looking at the local economic parameters vis a vis the global recession coming on the horizon then you would have to wait a long time for that to happen and if you as a speculator is looking to hedge or shore up value of funds or invest...then you would be not only wait a long time for that to happen but you'd miss your opportunity cost and lose value in the short and long term. Infact we foresee a dramatic global weakening of the dollar,if I was you I would speculate on gold against world currencies instead of dollars getting to a specific value of Naira..

2 Likes

Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by Kobicove(m): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
A number of bankers are involved in currency racketeering undecided
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by abbiboy: 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
Simplyleo:
The forces of demand and supply is natural.

Arresting syndicates in forex is a mere cosmetic solution which can't stand the test of time.

If the dollars are in sufficient supply, I don't know how the forex operators will swindle anyone.

Just like sufficient availability of PMS at the filling station. How can the blackmarkers end up swindling me when I can just drive into any filling station and get my tank filled?

Since the naira has been devalued, I believe water will naturally find its level very very soon.

Natural or no natural wen dey continue to pay fine..they will naturally stick to the rules.
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by BigIyanga: 4:41am On Mar 23, 2020
But CBN is selling @N380 to investors?
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by PropertyBuying(f): 5:56am On Mar 23, 2020
ibori1:
I don't have any thing to to contribute

I just wasted this space

Makawhy?
LOL...You try sef! grin grin grin

If interested in any of our property buying services (House or land), please get in touch if interested...Our contact in detailed in our signature - 08027390046
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by imiski(m): 10:28am On Mar 23, 2020
DenreleDave:
I don't understand. Can sumone brief it for me

I didn't even read it at all.
CBN has a list of goods that are from banned from receiving forex from banks-usually to promote our local industries or save that particular sector from collapse. But some banks are selling dollars to this group of people
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by imiski(m): 10:32am On Mar 23, 2020
pacespot:
The problem of a capitalist society has always been big corporations, they manipulate every government policy for profit making while enjoying privileges provided for their business to thrive.
Funny thing is Nigeria is not full blown capitalist. I wonder what would happen if we become a full capitalist state.
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by grandstar(m): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
Why won't it happen when the CNN chooses to sell forex, especially scarce forex at subsidized prices.

You ban importation of all forms of goods in order to conserve "scarce foreign exchange" and at the same time decide to sell it below its market value.

SLS has been unrelenting in condemning this long discarded practice which Buhari reintroduced. He said the forex will be roundtripped and that it breeds corruption, something Buhari claims to fight.

1 Like

Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by DexterousOne(m): 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
saajus:
You are right, but there is a lot of scam going on here. Banks use innocent customers detail to buy dollars at official rate and resell to Bureau de change guys. For example, if you have an American VISA, you are entitled to buy BTA at the official floor rate. Many travellers don't know. Banks won't let a few that know have access to it because of their selfish purpose. Banks have used many customers details to buy BTA's. They know how to create fake VISA's page and other detail required by CBN. There is also a different rate for oil importers and so on. Those criminal bankers find a way to create fake oil importers so that they can access that rate. CBN messed things up by creating multiple rates for different businesses/activities.
I'm surprised they are just waking up. This racketeering is very obvious but we all assumed the FG does not care because Bureau De Change Godfathers are very powerful and most of them are Northerners. Many BDC owners and top bankers are multi-billionaires because of this.

Exactly so
Re: Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction by AmeLonRo(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft / P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business / Fluenta Completes Installation Of 18 Ultrasonic Meters In Dangote Refiner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.