Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 (102573 Views)

Nigerian Man Berates Church For Holding Service During Working Hours (Video) / Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video) / Canaanland Ota In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Dan18(m): 2:43pm On Mar 22, 2020
obembet:
At this junction, its Only God we can run to. I want us to understand that we don't have Government. Italy, China and other country sensitized their country and share free food for thier citizens. Do you think Nigeria government can do that? Our president has never alter a word till date maybe the virus affected his trip to London. We don't have hospital, no body care for anyone.

Believe me brother and sisters, the only person we can run to now is God especially if you are average citizens
Running to God is not the same as runing to your pastors.
Most people don't worship God now, they worship their pastors

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by RichBoy247: 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
Profayo:
It's the duty of the government to enforce law, even in Europe many people did not stay at home untill government enforced it, there are policemen and military men all over spain and France.Just place military men around that neighbourhood and see if any one will step out

So that you will start screaming to UN, AU, EU, US that Buhari is forcing churches to close and turning the churches into mosques in further propagation of Islam. Buhari will not interfere in this, if you like gather 100,000 Christians inside big church and infest them with Corona Virus, Buhari will not say a word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Patrioticman007(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
Sholaco:
Hahahahahaha the man is anti government, have no regards for the law and no concerns for his followers life...all he cares about is money

They need to earn as much as they can, the world is in global recession. The church must survive.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by ogbuefi677(m): 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
madridguy:
I hope tomorrow someone won't start blaming PMB for anything.
PMB also attended Jumat at the state house mosque on Friday.
Oyedepo is following his footsteps

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by mu2sa2: 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
JubiOmeiza:
ppl wey attend the Service, na dem dey stupid pass!
They've been brainwashed and so behave like zombie by doing anything they're told to.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by RichBoy247: 2:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
teemotee:
church or no people will still enter danfo to the market on monday

15 people in danfo is not the same as 50,000 people at Canaan Land. That wonderful Canaan Land church building sits 50,000 people at once.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Davida33: 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

Just listen to this retardêd pig does Oyedepo drive ferrari and does he fùck whōres? obviously i wasn't talking about him fool

What does his wealth have to do with me he doesn't feed me and moreover he's not taking a penny with him to the afterlife. It's because of materialistic retārds like you that this society will never move forward, stupīd cùnt.
I know you are frustrated but Oyedpo is not your problem. Please direct your frustration to your Government and leave those of us that pay tithe and offering in peace, we are not complaining.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by gidjah(m): 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
All this side hatred against this MOG won't take you Hus little enemies any were o.Thus Man Gives the Body of Christ a Voice amongst the nation.If. He goes quiet ...mist of you Herr won't be able to stand long on your legs....All the mosques opened on Friday... They still do Tilly esterday and today why have you guys not raise ugly observations against such ??I sure know the govt won't be able to act against this ....it started from some where. .

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Captainshedrach(m): 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
Don't talk like that, especially to a man of God.
Sholaco:
Hahahahahaha the man is anti government, have no regards for the law and no concerns for his followers life...all he cares about is money
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Queseda: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
Profayo:
It's the duty of the government to enforce law, even in Europe many people did not stay at home untill government enforced it, there are policemen and military men all over spain and France.Just place military men around that neighbourhood and see if any one will step out
I'm almost certain people like you will be the first to shout Islamization and "attack on Christiandom" if the government decides to effect the law using force
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by nokatakata: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
you can see that your pastor is standing all alone on the pulpit and you see the distance between him and the congregation. The ones sitting next to one another are at greater risk of spreading the virus. By the time one or two people in the congregation get infected, the pastor will only send prayers to them from his house or the church. He will not visit you in the hospital or isolation centre.

It's a simple instruction. Your church is not running away. God is everywhere. listen to the advise of the health practitioners and stay at home. People are working hard to find a cure or vaccine to the virus and hopefully by April, all these will end and you can go back to normal life and even choose to sleep in the church if you want to. Even the bible says obedience is better than sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by MisterKings(m): 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davida33:

You are the fool here because you are insulting me because I didn't agree with your opinion. You are not forced to pay tithe and since you stop paying tithe and offering have the church go broke. The church don't need your tithe and offering to survive.

You say I was insulting you.
I was venting my opinion and you jumped into it to comment and tell me shut up.

What was that? A compliment? What were u expecting? You were expecting me to say God bless you brother.

Oga I no send you message.

If you did not like my opinion you should have passed or looked the other way, not come to tell me oga shut up on my opinion.

You can pay all your money to church, I don't care, that's your choice and this is mine. So stay off my mention.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by lastmessenger: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
madridguy:
I hope tomorrow someone won't start blaming PMB for anything.
shut the fu.cck up. Even your pmb is afraid of oyedepo. Advice your Ododo president to be up and doing and stop acting dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Davida33: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
richPHAROAH:
why he wasnt arrested is what i dont understand. all he wants is that money to fuel his useless private jet. short idiot with big head
Go and arrest him Ode
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by mysteriousD: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
Urchman200:
see I did not go to church today, but here in portharcourt their was mass today find out, in onitcha their was mass also I called a friend u can find out if u dont mind,I don't know where u stay.

Currently there is no reported case of covid in PH unlike lagos and Ogun state..
https://www.nairaland.com/5748669/coronavirus-catholic-archdiocese-lagos-suspends
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davida33:

Can you call your father an Idiot?

My father don't go around deceiving people and collecting 10% of their hard-earned

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Davida33: 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2020
MisterKings:

You say I was insulting you.
I was venting my opinion and you jumped into it to comment and tell me shut up.

What was that? A compliment? What were u expecting? You were expecting me to say God bless you brother.

Oga I no send you message.

If you did not like my opinion you should have passed or looked the other way, not come to tell me oga shut up on my opinion.

You can pay all your money to church, I don't care, that's your choice and this is mine. So stay off my mention.
We don't need to fight, we agree to disagree. One Love bro
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by MisterKings(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
Pat081:
God will bless u for this but nt all church that fail to help the poor member in their church my own church use to help the poor in the church@Catholic

Okay that is good. God bless your church and you too. That is what they should be doing.

But for all those other churches and pastors that don't give to the poor or help their members and tell you God bless you instead.

thunder fire them all.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Yoighaman(m): 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Qestion is- Whose directive takes precedence? The government or CAN's?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by richPHAROAH: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davida33:

Go and arrest him Ode
thunder go fire your papa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by papagiddy(m): 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
gurunlocker:
Alert is important... grin
Npooo only credit alerts are important...not any yeye debit alert
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by MisterKings(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davida33:

We don't need to fight, we agree to disagree. One Love bro

No wahala. Just stay safe abeg. God dey everywhere.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by maasoap(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
Martinola:
So, exposing people to the virus by gathering such crowd is a way to create awareness nd tell people to stay at home?
I'm sorry to mention, the church hierachy goofed on dis one.

See the "rational thinking" of CAN officials
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Sufisunni: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
FacelessKing:
The building is large enough...

Ogun state Government, QUARANTINE EVERYONE INSIDE!!!!!
Oyedapo is a covidiot
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by madridsta007(m): 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
CallMeDrino:

https://globaltimesng.com/bishop-oyedepo-under-fire-for-holding-service-at-canaanland-amid-coronavirus-lockdown/

Nigerian Cowards who are unsuccessfully attempting to bash Bishop Oyedepo seem to have gone quiet when their President attended a Jumaat Service on Friday and were quiet when the Abuja Mosque and other mosques were full to capacity on Friday with politicians and decision makers of the government in them.

They are not on Twitter tagging and calling out President Buhari and Asst President Abba Kyari for not addressing the nation where the leaders of the likes of Gambia, Ghana, Uganda, South Africa etc, have addressed theirs.

Bloody cowards. grin grin grin
We can see you. Give yourselves a high-five. Cowards. wink grin

God bless Oyedepo and Winners Chapel.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Davida33: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
richPHAROAH:
thunder go fire your papa
Only a frustrated soul can type this, Oyedepo is not the cause of your problem.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by DateMynd44(m): 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
bettylizzy:
I think you and those that like and shared your comment has problem with reading and understanding. Don't just read part of a message, read the whole content posted.

I need to talk to you.
Email or phone contact
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Dr7Manhattan: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
Sholaco:

So you think one Sunday without service will make him broke?
Besides they still make money be streaming it on YouTube.
Sit down.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by richPHAROAH: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
Davida33:

Only a frustrated soul can type this, Oyedepo is not the cause of your problem.
thunder fire your mama and fire oyedepo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by maasoap(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
ogbuefi677:

PMB also attended Jumat at the national mosque on Friday.
Oyedepo is following his footsteps

How sure are you? Then, between Friday and today, it is getting more real
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by BreconHills(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
ignis:
They said

"The church will end coronavirus not coronavirus to end the church "

...Thereby showing their total misunderstanding of what constitutes church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 by Asour: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
ntyce:
I knew Oyedepo would hold service...

He has always wanted to be seen as too big to be controlled by the Nigerian govt.

Yet, the church's branch in the USA and UK never blinked before obeying Trump's and Boris Johnson's order.

I am all for obeying Constituted authority but... Are you talking about the same government that failed to tighten immigration and Travellers health check at the Airports when the Pandemic initially proved severe? they delayed.

Had that been done, we wouldn't be (at worst) where we are now.

At this point it is Good help us. I see people still going to work, Markets and social spots/Malls(for shopping).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online / Prophet TB Joshua Ministries Confirms His Death / Praise/worship Songs In Your Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.