Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide (2225 Views)

'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide / A Dread In The Spine ( A Mystery Novel By Akintayo Akinjide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 6:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
TANIA!!, i'm trying to remember which one of them bidemi later married. shit!! such a short memory.
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
germaphobe:
TANIA!!, i'm trying to remember which one of them bidemi later married. shit!! such a short memory.

Spoiler Alert!!!! Lol....
Well, it's not in this book.

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Chapter 15
No Sponsorship

‘What are you saying?’ Madam Flourish asked as Grace peered at her.
Grace became silent.
Madam Flourish glared at her. ‘Oh! Your battery is weak again. Well, if you’re going silent on me, I’m also going silent on you’.
‘She likes Bidemi’, Rachael interfered.
‘Is he that same boy you talked about the other time?’ Madam Flourish said as she continued with her calculation. Rachael nodded and looked up from her assignment.
‘Sofo, mebo’, Grace mumbled.
‘Language, girl’, Madam Flourish said.
Rachael frowned. ‘I’m your elder sister. You have to respect me. Mummy, Grace has been acting like a wicked person in school, especially to the shortest girl in our class’.
Madam Flourish dropped her pen.
‘Is that true? I think I have taken your apple from the tree it was birth. And as they said, a tree doesn’t fall far from its tree, poison though it be’.
Grace wondered what she was saying. ‘I don’t understand you’.
‘How will you understand when you don’t read the books I bought for you? Rachael, do you understand?’.
Rachael shook her head.
‘You too. C’mon. It means… A child will always…’
‘Act like her parent’, Rachael said.
‘Good. You’re acting like your mum, Grace. Do you want to be like her?’
Grace’s eyes shone.
‘Talk! Do you?’
‘No…’
‘Then, you have to act well to people’.
‘But Bidemi doesn’t have money for inter-house sport cloth’.
‘Who told you?’
‘Rachael…’
‘You?’ Madam Flourish wondered.
‘Yes, ma. He told me and Tania, the girl Grace always act wickedly to’, Rachael replied.
‘He likes me’, Grace said and stumped her feet on the floor. ‘It’s me he likes, but she wants to be his friend by force’.
‘I think it’s high time you went to your mother’s place’, Madam Flourish said, and Grace could feel the anger in her voice.
‘No… No…’ Grace pleaded.
‘You’re fighting for a boy. Don’t you know you are like the sun? Boys are like the stars. Do you see the sun fighting to be a friend of the stars?’
Grace shook her head.
‘You, Rachael?’
Rachael shook her head also.
‘That’s how you are as a girl. You, girls, are the best things to happen to this world and you must let all the boys in the world know that…’
‘Why is it that no boy likes me? When we were in my Dekleye too. Nobody likes me’.
Madam Flourish placed her hands on her head.
‘Have you seen yourself? I mean the two of you. You’re the most beautiful girls I have ever encountered. The last time I came to your school, your beauty stood out. Don’t you see how many of those boys rushed to be my friend? Was that Bidemi part of them?’
Rachael shook her head. ‘No ma. Other boys like her’.
‘And you too’, Grace shouted from her incoherent drawing. Their argument was making her lose concentration. And Madam Flourish told her not to move as they wanted to work together as a family.
‘Oh! You girls have admirers. Rachael. Any boy I should be concerned about?’
‘I don’t like any of them’.
‘Because Bidemi is your friend’, Grace said.
‘Oh!’
‘Yes. He’s my friend. I don’t know why he doesn’t like Grace’, Rachael replied.
‘Yes’, Grace said sarcastically. ‘If he doesn’t like me, why will he see me and start singing. I think he is shy’.
Madam Flourish burst into laughter. ‘You see? That’s what I want to hear, but this time I don’t want you to catch his attention. He looks like a cool-headed boy’.
Rachael smiled. ‘Yes’.
Grace rolled her eyes. ‘The sportswear…’
‘Sorry. I can’t get the sportswear for him’.
Grace coiled herself well into the chair. She couldn’t cry. ‘It’s your fault, Rachael and that your foolish mouth’.
‘Whatever you say. When you girls are done, we should go to Mama Agba’s grave with fresh flowers’, Madam Flourish said.
Mama Agba was Rachael’s late great-grandmother.

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
Chapter 16
Inter-House Sport Pain

Bidemi felt like sitting down all day to watch Grace as she marched on with zeal. He didn’t really like her, but he had to find a way to tell how good she was on the march-past.
She was the queen of their house, and her clothes were gorgeous, outclassing every other dress on the pitch. Her hair and everything she wore made her look like a real queen but her composure and smile got him more.
‘You’re really good’, he told her when he finally met her.
She was so happy and jumped around, smiling sheepishly. Like before, he wondered why she acted like a baby in front of him.
‘How did you get the sportswear?’ Grace asked.
‘I don’t know. They said someone paid for it’, Bidemi said as he got ready to join his team. The race would start soon, and all eyes will be on track than individuals.
‘Really?’ Grace asked.
‘Yes. I asked them, but no wanted to tell me...’
Grace dragged his hand and pulled him towards the tent.
Noise from the field overshadowed them, alongside the calls of each house teachers and leaders for their members. The moderator’s voice was deep despite the burst speaker. Students were running between watching the big board used for recording scores and the numerous vendors scattered about on the field.
Bidemi was too stunned to struggle with Grace as she dragged him to Madam Flourish’s place. She also wore the sportswear of purple house.
‘Mummy… Erm… Rachael…’ She called.
Rachael was just coming to get something from Madam Flourish. The girls were looking better than everyone in the school. Their ribbons, socks and hair-do showed that Madam Flourish was wealthy.
‘What’s it, Grace?’
‘This is Bidemi Adeoti’, Grace said.
Madam Flourish glanced at Rachael and Grace. ‘Oh! You’re Bidemi. My girls said you’re really brilliant’.
‘I said it’, Grace said.
‘That’s right’, Madam Flourish said and glanced at Grace’s firm grip on Bidemi’s wrist.
‘All liars shall perish!’ Grace said and pointed at his sportswear. ‘Did you buy it?’
Madam Flourish smiled.
‘I hate you all’, Grace said as she released Bidemi and turned away.
‘Language…’ Madam Flourish said.
‘I’m angry. You should have let me tell him…’ Grace grumbled.
Bidemi wondered what they were talking about. All he wanted to do was to meet his mother.
She came with her aunt. If she had come alone, he would have told her everything his aunt did to him. But his aunt was there. Grace dragged Bidemi away before he could talk.
‘Stop! What’s happening?’ Bidemi asked and snatched his hand.
‘My mummy bought the sportswear for you. I told her to buy it, but she lied that she won’t. Then, she bought it for you behind me’.
Bidemi was surprised. ‘Wow! Let me go and thank her…’
‘First, thank me’. She was still frowning.
‘Thank you very much’.
‘You’re my friend’, Grace said.
‘Yes’.
Bidemi returned to the tent and prostrated in front of Madam Flourish. ‘Thank you, ma’.
‘He’s my friend’, Grace said happily.
Bidemi rushed off to his mother without looking at Grace just as Grace’s mother arrived. He wanted his mother to meet Tania before she went on her race.
Tania was representing her house for the 100-meter race. Everyone lost to Rachael the previous day in their heat sessions. Tania came fourth. Bidemi wished she could be among the top three.
The competition started with the children, who raced on with the egg race and did the sack race.
Tania was near her mother, whom Tania claimed was there for her younger brother.
‘And to the 100-meter race’, the moderator announced. ‘Everyone representing each house had been prepped. Special recognition of the best racer so far by the name Rachael Ademola. If you wondered, who was the queen of the Purple house, then it’s none other than Rachael’s sister, Grace Ademola. You can see the beauty radiating in her as they were on the parade ground. The sun had to hide. Rachael also will be representing the purple house, Flourish’s house’.
The crowd cheered, and Rachael rushed to the track, prancing. Tania rushed off before Bidemi could get her. He sighed. At the same time, Grace came near him, sucking intently at a sachet yoghurt.
‘She had trouble yesterday with her leg. Her gout got back to her’, Grace murmured, concerned.
‘Rachael?’ Bidemi asked.
Grace nodded.
Before Bidemi could utter another word, the moderator’s voice became excessively louder.
‘A quick fact: the two girls’ mother, Madam Flourish, owns a purple house. And representing Yellow House, we have Tania. She had proven to many that height is useless, and she had been able to retain a good top position. Then, representing…’
Grace offered Bidemi the yoghurt, but he declined despite wishing he had one in his hand at that moment. His focus, however, was on the two girls. He would wish for Tania to win, but Rachael was also someone he could really cheer on if she won.
Soon, the flare was shot into the air, and the girls sprang into action.
Rachael was focused on every step and was soon floating at the front like a dog being chased by chickens. But Tania didn’t give up. She was just behind Rachael. The noise of the moderator lit the tension in the air on fire.
Yet, Rachael still had the upper hand. The different housemates were cheering them.
Suddenly, Rachael spun in the air, grabbed her right knee and fell, yelling as she did so. Her housemates dashed towards to help as she was really crying. Grace and Madam Flourish sped towards her too. Grace had a bottle with her.
Bidemi shifted his focus towards the finishing line, which Tania was edging towards. Her legs were faster than the blades of a fan. Bidemi couldn’t catch up with them.
And she won.
Rachael remained on the floor, crying like a baby. Bidemi ran up to Tania, who so excited. When everyone in her house was done lifting her, she rushed over to Bidemi and hugged him. Without wasting any time, he sang ‘oweleke’ for her. Her legs played in sand as she danced without care.
‘We should check on Rachael’, Bidemi suggested after a while.
She nodded, and they both rushed over to her. When they got to her, she was despondent. Bidemi had won the high jump for his house. He came second in the long jump for his category. Some of their senior students were also ready to win. Rachael was drinking coffee from her bottle.
‘I told you. Didn’t I? Drink that thing up’, Madam Flourish said. Her eyes were flushed with fear.
‘She was drinking it a lot’, Grace’s mother said. ‘So, I told her to stop drinking…’
‘Are you insane? Do you want to kill her for me? Is this what you want to do with me? You want me to have a reason to mourn over this girl. So, you can call me names. Are you the devil’s incarnate? Did we do wrong by accepting you into our lives’, Madam Flourish shouted at Grace’s mother.
‘I didn’t mean...’
‘You didn’t mean to ruin my life’, Madam Flourish shouted. ‘You want to kill the children giving me joy, abi? You want to destroy me in all wise...’
‘Pascal, you’re taking this too far...’ Grace’s mother shouted.
‘You have... Don’t you ever. I mean, don’t you dare do anything with this girl again. I allow you with Grace because she’s your daughter. But Rachael... No... No’.
Bidemi saw the joy in Grace’s eyes as Madam Flourish shouted at Grace’s mother. Some of the teachers around came around to caution them. Rachael left with the bottle of coffee. He and Tania followed them.
‘Are you okay?’ Bidemi asked.
‘Yes. I told you to drink the coffee’, Grace complained.
‘Leave her’, Madam Flourish said.
‘Should we go home now?’ Grace asked just as Madam Flourish caught up with them.
‘No. I can do this. I thought big mummy was right. I just wanted to stop drinking the coffee… I’m tired’.
‘You have no other option. Your house needs you now’, Madam Flourish said.
Rachael went for the race. Tania ran for her house but kept coming second even in the 200 and 400-meter race behind Rachael. Bidemi returned to his mum once in a while. His aunt was around too, but he couldn’t get the chance to take Tania to them. When Bidemi’s mother was about to leave, his aunt gestured for him to come nearer.
‘If you want peace for yourself, avoid telling your mother things that will make you face my wrath’, Aunt Romoke whispered.
‘Eh…I know that woman’, Bidemi’s mother said as they got to the end of the field. The lanky waved Grace’s mother goodbye and also a girl that was in Green house.
‘Should I call her?’ Bidemi asked.
The woman hailed a bike and climbed it.
‘I’m not sure. Erm…Yes, I remember now. Aunty Nurse’, Bidemi’s mother called and jogged towards them. Bidemi raced to call the woman, but it was too late.
Flourish House won the gold, and she threw a big party for others.
Everyone was invited, but Aunt Romoke refused to let him go, as he had things to sell for her. Grace told him that she and Rachael didn’t have to do anything. Madam Flourish had gotten some people called the olopo. They had the job of cooking everything needed for the ceremony. She had planned to throw the party irrespective of winning or losing.

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
Chapter 17
Snitch

‘It’s between Rachael, Bidemi and Tania…’
Whispers have been going about among students about their results. Every one of their classmates was a surprise that the senior could mention Tania among those mentioned at all.
‘She’s lying’, Grace said when one of the other students told her what the senior students said.
There was no reason to doubt the senior students, as most of them were always right about their exam results. Many of them had reasons to help their teachers out in their preparation for the junior classes’ report card. Yet, she couldn’t imagine that they didn’t put her name among the top three.
‘Miss Faleke is coming’, Ayo shouted, and every one of their classmates ran from the different parts of the school.
Some of the boys jumped over to meet her, to carry the report cards. If it were left to her, she would bring the reports cards herself. But she once had a clash with the Yoruba teacher, who said refusing to do that wasn’t teaching the students the right moral values.
Miss Faleke didn’t mind the Yoruba teacher’s view and vehemently argued until she was the only one not seeing things from that perspective. Thus, she became used to allowing students to help out whenever they wanted.
‘Please, sit quietly. I am so happy and tired at the same time. I’m preparing for an exam, and I need to get out of school as early as I can. I told you guys to improve, and I am so impressed with you. I know you guys will still measure your results by who came first and who didn’t…’
The class remained silent. Many of them knew who the favourites to be the first were. Even Grace wished it was a lie, but there was nothing she could about it.
‘But I want you to know that the person that came last this term, got the same score as the person that got 16th last term. There has been a lot of improvement, and this competition has become stiffer. I’m just sad that I won’t be your class teacher next year or that I haven’t been to your teacher for long. We would have rocked this school together. Nonetheless, I am proud of you. Each and every one of you, especially the first this term’.
Grace, like many others, glanced at Rachael. Her mind flipped to the love letter she found on the ground. It belonged to Bidemi and was given to him by Tania. She was infuriated when she saw it. Children shouldn’t write love letters, she thought.
‘And even the seconds ... They were both necks to the neck like racers. It was stiff. Great. I want more of this for you guys. Your percentages also went up. Let’s do this next term again’.
One after the other, she called their names. Truly Tania wasn’t the seventh this term. That surprised Grace. Instead, Grace was called for the fourth position. Tania got the third, Grace thought and hissed as the thought crept across her mind.
‘We don’t have a third. We have a tie on the second position. Their scores beat what Rachael got last term as the first. You should know that they have worked really hard. And the second are none other than Rachael Ademola and Bidemi Adeoti. That means Tania… Come up here for your card and gift. You’re the first’.
Tania jumped off her seat and crashed to the ground, crying. Tears flowed down her face as if a tap was opened.
‘I saw this letter, and I will show Aunty’, Grace told Rachael on their way to meet Madam Flourish in her car.
‘What letter’, Rachael asked.
‘This…’ She gave Rachael the letter to read.
‘Leave them alone. At least they have people disturbing them. Disturb other people too. Look at Chike trying to catch your attention. I don’t like him but look at other people. Do you know I now like Ife?’
‘Shut up! It’s because you like the two of them. They might be your friend, but I’m your sister. You have to support me’.
‘Leave them alone, sister’, Rachael said as she walked away.
‘That’s why Tania got first’, Grace said.
‘I will beat you. I mean it’, Rachael snarled. Grace funnily mimicked her.
‘Beat me. That’s the only thing she knows how to do. To beat people. Thank God Chioma is not here. You can’t lie against her again.’
Rachael moved and raised her hand but stopped herself. This caught, and Rachael’s red eyes caught Grace’s attention. She swallowed as she remembered how much Rachael hated herself for being Chioma’s weapon.
Grace knew what to do. When Madam Flourish went out, she sneaked out to Bidemi’s house and waited until she saw his Aunt.
‘Good afternoon, ma’, Grace said. ‘I saw this paper on the floor. It belongs to Bidemi’.
‘Are you sure?’ His Aunt said as she unfolded the paper.
‘I’m leaving, ma’, Grace said.
His Aunt nodded. ‘Thank you very much…’
Grace bent her knees and walked away.
‘What’s in the letter and what’s your name?’
‘It’s a love letter, ma’.
His Aunt was so stunned. Grace banked on that opportunity to hurry off.

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
Chapter 18
The Gathering and the Future

During the holidays, they came for lessons in preparation for their Junior WAEC. This exam was their transitional test into their senior class. Since they were small in number, this period connected them as a family. Bidemi told Tania about the letter he misplaced.
‘Did she beat you?’ Tania asked.
Bidemi nodded. ‘She said I was too young to like somebody.’
‘How did she get it?’ Tania wondered.
‘I don’t know. She didn’t really say much as she was shouting throughout’, Bidemi said and mocked the way his aunt shouted.
‘What will we do?’ She asked.
‘Well, I like you...’ Bidemi said.
‘Then, we will not let her know’ Tania suggested.
He nodded, bringing a smile to her face.
During the lesson periods, some of their teachers weren’t always available. So, the two of them took the opportunity to read together. Most of the time, Rachael would join them.
After a while, another boy, Usman, joined them at the lesson and soon began to read with them. Bidemi said Usman was his brother, but Tania couldn’t find any resemblance between them. After recurring daily argument, Usman finally explained his situation to him.
He explained that he was Usman’s friend, but he lived with Bidemi’s parents because he was an orphan.
Their lessons went for days. Later, they all wrote their exams, and it was hectic, but Tania got the opportunity to see the better side of Rachael. She bought a lot of things for her on their way to and fro the exam hall. She never lacked anything, especially essential school materials.
Since they wouldn’t be doing anything during third term, their school organised computer training for them. Rachael, as usual, was the best. She was so fast with it and did everything well as soon as they were taught.
Grace, on her part, focused on writing and wrote a lot of things.
The only thing Tania wanted to do was to think about Bidemi.
‘My mummy wants us to go out together’, Rachael said during one of their computer trainings.
‘Me?’ Tania asked.
‘Yes and Bidemi and Usman’, Grace added.
Usman, Bidemi, and Tania shared glances.
‘For what?’
She wants us to bring our friends.
‘So, Ayo is coming?’ Tania asked.
‘No….’ Rachael said vehemently.
Tania glanced at Grace. ‘We fought again. She’s narsicstlis’.
‘What’s that?’ Bidemi wondered.
‘I think she meant narcissist’ Rachael said. ‘It means someone that loves to talk about themselves want people to keep loving them’.
Madam Flourish came for them after getting the necessary permission from their principal.
She drove them off to the fast food. Tania had never been to Tori Kitchen before. It was the best fast food joint in Fortune City.
They sat silently as Madam Flourish made them order whatever they wanted.
‘I don’t think I have seen you with them before’, Madam Flourish said to Usman.
‘He’s my brother. He’s only around for the holidays’, Bidemi said.
‘Oh! That’s good’, Madam Flourish said and leaned back in her seat. ‘Now, I want you all to tell me about yourself and what you like to do. Tell us something funny. Let’s go clockwise. You, Rachael, start’.
Tania watched everyone talk about themselves and wondered what she would say.
‘I will like to be a genius, good at every subject’, Rachael said. ‘Also, I will love to train people on how to do things perfectly’.
Then, she told them about the day she beat up a senior student because the senior student abused Madam Flourish. She narrated it in such a way others laughed really hard. Tania had to wipe tears off her eyes as she wished she had such power.
‘You... Grace?’ Madam Flourish said.
Grace told them a story about a girl from their former school. Her name was Chioma, and she was a bully. She and Rachael hid Chioma’s shoes during sports training. The funniest part was that Chioma hid the sandals of her friends and didn’t show them until later.
‘I will like to be a... I don’t know what I like. I like to draw, write, and sing’, Grace said and stuttered.
‘That’s like um... Creative. You do what you want to do’, Madam Flourish suggested. ‘Be anything creative. You, Bidemi?’
Grace nodded and smiled.
Bidemi told them a story of the day his principal in the former school called him Mr Girl because he wanted them to teach boys sex education too.
‘I will like to be a great leader like a president or council of Fortune City’, Bidemi said.
‘Well, anything can be possible...’ Madam Flourish said.
When it was Tania’s turn, she told them that she aspired to be a great dancer and how she wished she could run away from home. She was sad at home. Madam Flourish encouraged all of them.
‘Now, I don’t know of Usman, but you see Grace and Bidemi, I heard you’re not friends’
Bidemi looked down.
‘I see. What about you, Tania?’
Tania swallowed, blinked repeatedly, and sat up. ‘I don’t know why Grace doesn’t like me. I was only angry at her once for supporting Ayo when we were fighting. Ayo was abusing my mum’.
‘Oh! Were you fighting? That’s not really wise. And you Grace why were you supporting someone that was abusing other people’s mother’.
‘I…’ Grace said and looked away.
‘Where’s the Ayo?’
‘They fought’, Rachael said with a big smile. ‘And thank you for eating beans’.
‘Odd timing, Rachael. Really, this is an odd time to do this’, Madam Flourish shook her head and turned to others. ‘So, I want you all to be friends’.
Madam Flourish engaged them in different discussions.
After a while, a young pastor came around and stood by their side, making them stop their discussions. He was bald, carried a bulky tattered bible, and wore a bulky stripe shirt.
‘Good afternoon’, Pastor said.
‘I have seen you before’, Grace announced.
‘Where?’
She told the man how he met her at a corner when she was in Green City and told her about how she and Rachael will be close.
‘I can’t remember this time. But, I am here on a different mission, little one. My name is Pastor Matthew Ajanaku’.
‘Good afternoon, Pastor’, Madam Flourish said and began to fiddle through her bag.
‘The Lord is telling me incredible things about all of these kids, but I have been instructed to tell them a few’.
He pointed at Usman. ‘You will one day use a wheelchair but don’t let that deter you. I see you did it for love. Love for someone got you there’.
He pointed at Bidemi. ‘You will… hmm. Save Fortune City from falling someday in the future. I see that we will work together. But you won’t remember me’.
He pointed at Rachael. ‘You will cause a lot of trouble. But your solution will be the results for good governance’.
Then, he pointed at Grace. ‘Your path is linked to this boy and girl. You have to hold them close. You’re their caretaker’.
The Pastor was pointing to Rachael and Bidemi. Tania wondered if she wouldn’t get a revelation.
‘You will one day be the help some people need’, he said and pointed at her.
Then, he turned to Madam Flourish. ‘Put your house in order. The day draws near. One year at most’.
Tania couldn’t her eat the meat pie on the table as Madam Flourish and Pastor Mathew argued about the money she wanted to give him, which he was refusing to take.

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nice
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by lahrra(f): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
Very Interesting. Thanks so much Op. I wiah Grace will just accept bidemi and tania instead of trying to come between them.
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 1:45am On Apr 13, 2020
guruzmarstk:
Nice

Thanks boss....

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 1:46am On Apr 13, 2020
lahrra:
Very Interesting. Thanks so much Op. I wiah Grace will just accept bidemi and tania instead of trying to come between them.

Love can make us do incredible things.
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2020
Chapter 19
End of the Year

Although they were not supposed to do any activity on their graduation day, their teacher ensured Tania was a part of the cultural dance group.
Grace, who was now fond of Tania, was instrumental in making their parents sit in the same place. Madam Flourish sat at the middle; Bidemi’s aunt and mum were at her right, while Tania’s mother sat on the left.
The others had helped out too in getting a place they all could easily access
Since Madam Flourish told them to be friends, they had tried every way to strengthen their friendship. Although she didn’t entirely like it, she had to endure the fact that Bidemi now really liked Grace.
Tania now danced in front of them all while Bidemi and Grace sang. The combination of both of them made her heart lurch.
Rachael was a mere onlooker, and those seemed to be the only things she wasn’t good at- she couldn’t sing and dance. But she smiled most of the times they were together. Grace, also, drew several pictures of them all and kept bringing these drawing, all framed.
The four of them went to cafeteria together, walked around together, and sat together in their training.
Madam Flourish now carried them to and fro the school per time, including Tania’s siblings. Their parents were becoming closer by the day. Usman left to attend his graduation ceremony but came back with Bidemi’s mother.
During the graduation ceremony, Rachael won several awards, including the best student in their class.
Immediately she won it, she ran to hug Grace and Madam Flourish. Grace’s mother was sitting beside Tania’s mother. Grace had complained about her mother’s hatred for her, but all Tania could see was the big smile on her mother’s eyes.
‘Your mum loves you’, Tania whispered to Grace.
‘For your mind!’ Grace replied.
Tania danced her best and did a style she had been practising for a while, and it worked.
‘And we call to the high table’, the MC said and paused for a while. ‘Madam Flourish’.
Madam Flourish pleaded to be left alone. She said she was enjoying the company of her friends.
Tania was also given the second best and most improved student of the year in her class. Her mother feigned happiness as she collected the gift. Tania knew that she would still flog whenever they got home, but she was prepared.
‘Have you noticed that you two look alike’, Bidemi’s aunt said, trying to start a conversation. Bidemi’s mother smiled and looked at Tania’s mum.
‘I don’t think so’ Bidemi’s mum said.
‘You can’t know’, Madam Flourish said and looked at them both. ‘That’s true. You two look so much alike. Wow! How come I never saw that…?’
‘Mummy, see Aunt Nurse’, Tania called as Aunt Nurse waved from afar.
Her mother looked away and said, ‘this woman should just let me be’.
‘She’s coming’, Tania informed her.
‘Shut up! Did I say I was blind?’
Aunt Nurse found her way to the front just as the students performed a drama. ‘Aunty Nurse’, Bidemi’s mum said and rose to meet the lean woman. ‘I said it…’
Grace came towards them. ‘Mummy, where’s Rachael?’
‘I don’t… Oh! Yes. She told me she wanted to buy coffee’, Madam Flourish replied.
‘She has coffee in her bag’, Grace said.
Madam Flourish shook her head. ‘Rachael is now lying. Well, she should be back soon’.
‘I told her to get me a cold drink’, Grace’s mother said.
‘In this place again. What’s with you and cold drinks?’ Madam Flourish grumbled. The two women began to make light jokes about each other. Tania shared glances with Grace, and she could see a twinkle of a smile on Grace’s face.
Bidemi’s mother suddenly shouted and spun towards Tania. ‘Is this her?’
Tania turned towards them to know what she was talking about. She had been so engrossed with what Madam Flourish and Grace’s mother were saying that she didn’t notice what Aunt Nurse and Bidemi’s mum were saying.
‘Oh! God!’ Bidemi’s mother pulled Tania nearer and touched her cheek. ‘This is her... Oh, my God! Oh God!’
She cried unashamedly.
Tania was so mesmerised that she watched the bigger woman cry and rub her hair. This caught Tania’s mother’s attention too. She rose and became protective of Tania, like a mother hen.
Even Tania was so happy that she was quick to come to her side.
‘We can’t do this here!’ Aunt Nurse said and looked about. Indeed, they were becoming a spectacle. People were no longer watching the Drama presentation.
‘Get Bidemi. We need to leave now…’ Bidemi’s mother told Tania.
Grace ran off while Tania went to look for Bidemi. Tania knew where he might likely be, and she was right. He was in the midst of the boys in a corner, singing some of their favourite songs.
The ecstasy made him hug her the moment he saw her, bringing a hearty smile to her face.
‘Eh! Husband and wife’, someone shouted her.
‘Kiss her... Kiss her’, another person suggested, and the boys echoed it. Her heart warmed in expectation, but Bidemi only kissed her head.
‘Your mum is calling you’, Tania said.
‘My mum or my aunt?’ Bidemi asked.
‘Your mum’.
Bidemi looked at the boys. ‘I’ll be back’.
When they returned, Madam Flourish and Grace’s mum were already standing and looking worried. Grace was shouting, ‘Rachael… is not there’.
‘And you checked your classes’, Grace’s mother asked.
‘Yes’.
Madam Flourish looked about. ‘Let me make an announcement’.
‘Bidemi, follow me. Aunt, we need to go now’, Bidemi’s mother said and walked off. She was still crying.
‘Our bags’, Bidemi said. He looked angry that they were making him lose the fun of the moment. It took him a long while to get closer to the boys. Now, they are taking him off the graduation ceremony.
As they went for their bags, Bidemi asked Tania what was wrong.
‘I don’t know. They are looking for Rachael’.
‘No. Why are we going home in such a hurry?’
‘I don’t know… We have not even collected our certificate…’
‘Yes. We have not collected our gifts, food… Ah, Ahn!’
Suddenly someone’s voice announced over the public address system ‘Rachael Ademola, wherever you are, your parents are looking for you’.
Tania and Bidemi met a worried Grace in the class.
‘Help me look for Rachael’.
‘We have to go home. Everyone is waiting for us’, Bidemi said.
‘But she’s your friend too’, Grace grumbled.
‘I know... I think there’s a big problem. Bidemi’s mum was crying over me. I think... We just have to go. They said it’s important’.
Grace looked sad and went off. Tania sighed and wondered why everything terrible was happening that day.

3 Likes

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by lahrra(f): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2020
It keeps getting more interesting. I pray nothing happen to Rachael oo.

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2020
lahrra:
It keeps getting more interesting. I pray nothing happen to Rachael oo.

Thanks o....
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by lahrra(f): 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Op hope you are doing great.
Pls come and give us update. Have been checking since morning.
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Cardiojosh(m): 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nice one chief
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
lahrra:
Op hope you are doing great.
Pls come and give us update. Have been checking since morning.
today or tomorrow
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chapter 20
My Mum

Bidemi watched his parents argue among themselves. His house was the nearest, and they were shouting things he didn’t understand. Not that they were incoherent or spoke a foreign language, but their words weren’t adding up. Tania’s mum was shouting about a confidentiality agreement.
‘You signed the document’, Tania’s Mum yelled.
‘Not with me’, Bidemi’s Mum replied. ‘This is my daughter’.
‘Let me get you right! She owns the baby you gave me that day’, Tania’s Mum turned to Aunt nurse and asked. The silence in the room was just too loud and said more than enough, even when Aunt Nurse nodded.
‘I gave out my child… I couldn’t take care of her, but now I don’t mind bearing the cost. I will repay you everything… Every cost you’ve incurred’, Bidemi’s Mum shouted.
‘I don’t understand anything here…’ Aunt Romoke lamented.
Bidemi’s mum now took her time to explain the whole thing.
Her family members died in a fire because some thieves came to rob them, but they made a mistake that caused the fire to gut the house. She escaped but not before she had been raped. She later gave birth to Tania.
But she couldn’t keep the baby. So, she made Aunt Nurse sell Tania out to the woman Tania thought was her mum, who needed a child at that time too. She had several miscarriages and gave birth to another stillborn the same day Tania was born.
So, Bidemi’s Mum sold Tania out.
‘I’ve heard of how you maltreat her’, Bidemi’s Mum said.
‘It’s not that…’
‘It’s not what?’
‘You don’t understand…’ Tania’s mum said.
Bidemi’s mum shrugged and slapped her laps. ‘That’s all they say… Little girls, children… All of you, including Teju. You all maltreat all these children. I’m taking Tania back and Bidemi, and we will return to our home’.
Tania’s mum slumped on the bed. ‘I was afraid. I was…’
Everyone stared at her.
‘I didn’t know if God brought my lost child to me as a baby again. I was afraid’, Tania’s mum explained.
‘You lost a baby’, Bidemi’s mum said.
‘No. I threw her away into the dumpsite… I know… I know… It’s bad. But at that time, I was dejected. Life was bad to me…’ Tania’s mum said.
Bidemi’s mum covered her face. ‘Have you anything of value to say… Stop this rubbish’.
‘Since I got myself back, I have been searching for her. They said she was given to one Aderibigbe’s family. I searched and searched for them. But I heard that they had an accident. That was why when I had another miscarriage’.
‘The news made me have a miscarriage. So, when I saw the semblance between Tania and me, I thought it was my child’ demon or ghost that had come to haunt me’.
Bidemi’ s Mum kept quiet. ‘Did you say Aderibigbe?’
‘Yes. I used to like her but then, my husband too started loving her more than my children and me… I thought the devil wanted my family’, Tania’s mum said.
‘I discovered on the day of the fire that I was an orphan…’ Bidemi’s mum stuttered.
Bidemi was surprised.
‘I’m sorry but since I lost my daughter…’ Tania said and rose as she walked around the room, amidst everyone else.
‘That’s what I’m saying. I was with the … family. Aderibigbe. They adopted me’.
‘It’s a lie…’ Aunt Teju murmured.
Tania scoffed. ‘Oh! No.’
‘You’re…the…’
‘Your daughter’.
Tania’s mum staggered, wide-eyed, mystified. She howled and shook her head.
‘You are my Grandma… Ah!!! God! This is worse’, Tania said and ran out of the house.
Bidemi followed her.
‘So, we’re siblings’, he muttered after he felt that she had cried enough.
Tania cried into his arms. Bidemi didn’t know what to make all that had happened. But after a while, he heard their parents crying inside.
‘Let’s go inside…’ Bidemi urged her.
At first, she refused but eventually agreed. Their parents were crying and hugging one another.
‘Well, since you’re doing reunion’, Aunt Teju said. ‘I guess we better tell him now’.
‘Tell who?’ Tania’s mum asked.
‘Bidemi, of course. Which other him is here?’ Aunt Teju said. ‘But I’m not sure everyone should be here’.
Bidemi’s mum looked about. She stared at Aunt Teju for a while, wiped her tears, and shrugged. ‘They’re also part of it’.
‘No way’, Aunt Teju objected.
‘Then, we’re not telling him’, Bidemi mum said.
Aunt Teju rose and clapped. ‘So, you’re the only one fit for a reunion’.
‘Then, spit it out’, Bidemi’s mum shouted.
‘Good. Bidemi, I’m your Mum’, Aunt Teju said.
‘It’s a lie…’ Bidemi murmured.
‘Your father is my cousin. Not my brother. We were not supposed to be involved, but because we were foolish, we slept with each other and had you. The shame was happening when your mother had a miscarriage too. I guess it runs in their family. But I had to give you up’.
Bidemi stared blankly at her. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard.
‘Oh! So, Tania is not my sister?’
‘Well, yes’, Tania’s mum said.
Tania ran to meet him and hugged him tightly.
‘Hey! Back off’, Bidemi’s mum murmured and separated them.
He didn’t even worry if his aunt was him mum. All he wanted was the opportunity to be with Tania.
Bidemi’s mother hissed and sighed. Then, she cried for five minutes. Bidemi’s mind ravaged all the things he could think about.
When she eventually kept quiet, she held Tania firmly. ‘You’ve not heard the least of it. Your father… was the one that raped me in that fire. He had always liked me but was too poor, and he was also a criminal’.
Bidemi sniffed. It was his turn to go out. He swallowed hard and sat outside their house. So, everything he had believed was not real.
Just then, Grace ran towards him, crying all the way. He rose to meet her. When he got to her, she hugged him tightly.
‘We can’t find Rachael. She has been kidnapped. We can’t find her again. Mummy has gone to report at the police station. But my own mummy gangan is taking me away.’
They remained silent, and all Bidemi could wish for was a way to turn back the hand of time.

The End
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Next book will be up soon!!!

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
Wow! Well done sir. Expecting the next book!!!
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
guruzmarstk:
Wow! Well done sir. Expecting the next book!!!
Thanks a lot... I do hope it's soon..m

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by germaphobe(m): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
I need more oo. Mr divepen thanks for the opportunity to read this. i think its all coming back now. Bidemi had a child with grace, lost his memories, had a thing with rachael got her pregnant. aishh my head don knock. boss thanks and pls tell me am not imagining this things
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
germaphobe:
I need more oo. Mr divepen thanks for the opportunity to read this. i think its all coming back now. Bidemi had a child with grace, lost his memories, had a thing with rachael got her pregnant. aishh my head don knock. boss thanks and pls tell me am not imagining this things

I've started writing the next parts Sha..

And no, you're not imagining anything. They are all true. Just far...

1 Like

Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Cardiojosh:
Nice one chief
Thanks boss o
Re: Easy Child! Take One More Stroke!! (When Pain Meets Love!!!) - Akintayo Akinjide by Divepen1(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2020
germaphobe:
Here is the new book....
https://www.nairaland.com/5815717/drills-deaths-crime-thriller

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Be A Great Writer? / Harry Potter Made J.k. Rowling The World's First Billion-dollar Author / The Mexican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.