Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,445,755 members, 5,508,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 April 2020 at 07:19 PM

Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site (29207 Views)

See The Current State Of Construction Work At The Oshodi-airport Road (PHOTOS) / Massive Construction Work At Lekki Sea Port, Lagos - Photos / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by UMUAHIA1stson: 2:51pm On Mar 22
Construction Work To Begin Soon At Abia Int’l Airport Site

Construction work may soon begin at the site of the proposed Abia International Airport, initiated by the immediate past administration in the state.

This follows arrangements by the state government to visit, sensitise, and pay compensation to the land donor-communities in Ikwuano and Isiala Ngwa North council areas.

The commissioner for Lands, Survey, and Urban Planing, Barrister Suleiman Ukandu disclosed this when traditional rulers from the communities visited him in his office in Umuahia, the state capital.

He reminded them of the importance of the airport project particularly in the area of revenue generation, ease of doing business, commerce, industry, transport, and employment windows among others.

In another development, the commissioner has constituted a five-member committee on indiscriminate location of cooking gas plants and petrol filling stations in the state.

The committee which is chaired by Mr Chinanu Nkuma, a town planner, is to identify location of the plants and stations, examine their status, and the legality of their approval process.

According to Ukandu, the committee will also examine if the approvals met the approved standard, revalidate the approvals and make recommendations on the illegal ones to the government.

Responding on behalf of his colleagues, the chairman assured that they will execute their terms of reference satisfactorily and thanked the commissioner for choosing them for the work

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/24/construction-work-to-begin-soon-at-abia-intl-airport-site/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by SLAP44: 2:52pm On Mar 22
Okezie Ikpeazu has been an excellent silent performer who is moving our state forward.

We are waiting to be flying out to export shoes made in Aba.

28 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by SLAP44: 2:52pm On Mar 22
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by SLAP44: 2:53pm On Mar 22
Abia state is doing well. Okezie Ikpeazu for 3rd tenure.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by seunlayi(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22
All the ungoing projects should be paused for now, the masses need assured palliatives from govt this trying times. Food, provisions, drugs, funding emergency services, etc should be their priority for now. I hope they will listen to this unlike the way they handled our calls for border closure for over 3 weeks

49 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by donbachi(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22
Abi na looting using abia airport to begin soon.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by SLAP44: 3:08pm On Mar 22
donbachi:
Abi na looting using abia airport to begin soon.

Bad belle can kill the owner.

5 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by SLAP44: 3:08pm On Mar 22
seunlayi:
All the ungoing projects should be paused for now, the masses need assured palliatives from govt this trying times. Food, provisions, drugs, funding emergency services, etc should be their priority for now. I hope they will listen to this unlike the way they handled our calls for border closure for over 3 weeks

It's not your state, swerve!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by overall90: 3:17pm On Mar 22
Airport indeed.
how about completing the existing road and bridge projects and cleaning up Aba and opening up Umuahia by constructing standard roads and boulevard.
at a time when even progressive nations are looking for a way for their people to survive is when Abia wants to build an airport.

87 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22
Another White Elephant project to loot grin grin

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by BigIyanga: 3:32pm On Mar 22
Stupid policy and wasteful spending! This state is about 1hrs from PH -airport, 1-hr from Owerri Airport and 2hrs away from Enugu.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by FrLukas(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22
What a joke!

Another avenue to siphon Abia state money.

29 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by SLAP44: 3:40pm On Mar 22
BigIyanga:
Stupid policy and wasteful spending! This state is about 1hrs from PH -airport, 1-hr from Owerri Airport and 2hrs away from Enugu.

And so what? Do you think Biafra is not getting an explosion in population? ?

You want us to leave the land so you can see where to graze your lazy cattle?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by SLAP44: 3:41pm On Mar 22
FrLukas:
What a joke!

Another avenue to siphon Abia state money.

It doesn't concern you.

4 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by overall90: 3:45pm On Mar 22
SLAP44:

It pained you grin
you are right.
any time i see the embarrassment that is Abia state,i am pained to the marrow.
sometimes in 2014,i visited a place called ngwa road in Aba and I could not believe what my eyes saw,mountain of refuse from the beginning of the road to the end.i now asked my host what it will cost to hire some trucks and evacuate the waste and he was just laughing.
another one,i visited Umuahia last around 1999 until the same 2014 and lo and behold,i didn't see any single change apart from the market i learnt has been moved,aside that,absolutely nothing so you are right,i am pained.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by Lunamor: 3:48pm On Mar 22
....anyway only if they could finish it

it's a welcome development, but how about the uncompleted flyover at osisioma, is it now an abandoned or political campaign project grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by Johnnyessence(m): 3:49pm On Mar 22
Nice one from the governor, i hope isn't white elephant projects?

1 Like

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by overall90: 4:09pm On Mar 22
SLAP44:

You are pained because you are disappointed with the development of the state. This news doesn't match the numerous online attempts to paint the state and region black so it will PAIN you like hell grin

But your pain is just beginning, by the time boys will be flying in and out from China, USA and Dubai, importing materials and exporting finished goods, you will nearly die of a heart attack.
you are just talking trash.
you should be smart enough to know the region i hail from.
if you are sincere,you will know that this is a white elephant project.
let your government first complete the Osisioma flyover before we will take him serious.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by FrLukas(m): 4:32pm On Mar 22
SLAP44:

It doesn't concern you.

It concerns every Nigerian.

It's because of useless governors like this in the East and North that makes your people and northerners to flee to the west seeking a better life and placing undue stress on the infrastructure of the western states.

18 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by malele(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22
NextD18:

You don't need to be this bitter and negative with the news of new development in South East bruv.

Wish Igbos well and move on.
Oga the guy said the truth, that’s Avenue for ABia state government to loot

16 Likes

Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by Mateen1000: 7:33pm On Mar 22
Why this Period
Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by Nwokem01(m): 7:34pm On Mar 22
That's great
Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by EdoPrince93(m): 7:34pm On Mar 22
Ikezie is a Joke grin shocked
Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by ebonytarki(m): 7:34pm On Mar 22
At a time the world is about to end?
Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by Osagyefo98: 7:34pm On Mar 22
I hate media trial.
Re: Abia International Airport: Construction Work To Begin Soon At Site by ForeThinker: 7:34pm On Mar 22
Issorite

Meanwhile

Corona exposing greedy billionaires till take over ... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Anambra. / Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. / Accident In Benue Involving Toyota RAV4 & Another Car Kills 6 (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.