Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction (1144 Views)

GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / Help With Naira Mastercard/visacard International Spending Limit / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by rojad(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
I woke up yesterday, loaded fund in my GTBank Naira MasterCard and tried to make payment. I was amazed that both Paypal payment and non Paypal payments failed. I was wondering why they failed. I just want to be sure if I am the only one or if any other person have experienced this issue since the 21st March, 2020. Have the government irrationally blocked the Naira MasterCard again without thinking on the effect it will have on businesses?
Re: Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by Chukwurah003: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2020
True. You have to find a way to pay in dollars.
Re: Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by danolorunmo(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
rojad:
I woke up yesterday, loaded fund in my GTBank Naira MasterCard and tried to make payment. I was amazed that both Paypal payment and non Paypal payments failed. I was wondering why they failed. I just want to be sure if I am the only one or if any other person have experienced this issue since the 21st March, 2020. Have the government irrationally blocked the Naira MasterCard again without thinking on the effect it will have on businesses?

Have you tried either batter by flutterwave or ALAT card by wema?
Re: Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by bmdmixer: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
i made a webhost payment with my naira master card 2days ago mine is working
Re: Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by rojad(m): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
danolorunmo:

Have you tried either batter by flutterwave or ALAT card by wema?

Thanks. I forgot I have flutterwave account. I will try it
Re: Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by rojad(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
bmdmixer:
i made a webhost payment with my naira master card 2days ago mine is working

You are lucky, mine is not working even with Paypal. I noticed it yesterday 21th March, 2020. I made Paypal payment with it last week
Re: Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by vta2008: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Mine started fucking up just this weekend and GTBank is yarning nonsense about Dynamic Currency Conversion

Hello, thank you for talking to us, Please know that although you can make online payments in foreign currency with our naira MasterCard, our Naira MasterCard has been blocked from performing transactions on some particular sites because of DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion). This is the challenge of our present FX condition in the country. We advise you get a dollar card which is at the rate of N1075, and you will be charged 10 dollars annually for card maintenance fee. Regards
Re: Help Me Confirm This! Naira Mastercard Not Working For International Transaction by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
rojad:
.... I tried to withdraw but it refused. I think they have blocked Naira MasterCard withdrawal Abroad too ! ( Tried it on the 5th & 6th of August 2020 ) Just this Month.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer At Home In 10 Minutes With Just #800 Wow! / Make Money With Netflix In This Lockdown Period / Amazon KDP Tutorials: Game Changer Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.