Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM (5430 Views)

Beware Of This Man, He Goes To Churches To Scam / Notice::::beware Of This Lady, She Is Scamming People / Beware Of This Number: +37066620088. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2020
In a time when the need of money is inevitable, I searched on Play store to find loan app and came across Sokoloan Scam App.
I was offered a loan of N5000 for 10days, with interest of N2000 making N7000 just for 10days. Since I had the intention to even pay off on or before the due date but things changed and loan became due days after with several threatening calls from one Agbero of a staff. He told me if I didn't pay up the same day, I'll regret what he's going to do afterwards.

Lo and behold, I was 4days away from repayment, also seeking funds to pay up, same night I got a WhatsApp message from my HR stating the message he got from the so called Sokoloan guy.

GOOD DAY!
THIS IS TO INFORM THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT
MR. *********** ON PHONE NUMBER 090********"
IS INDEBTED TO SOKOLOAN AND HAS NOT SHOWN ANY COMMITMENT OR INTENTION OF PAYING BACK, HE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED WITH ANY FORM OF TRANSACTION BECAUSE HE IS NOT TRUST WORTHY
THANKS.

My HR sent me 4k to assist paying up cos our company is owing 2months staff salary. I made the 4k payment to Sokoloan account to balance 3,414. 2days after the payment, my future employer sent the same message to me on Whatsapp again with the same content.
As I have already resigned from my present job to start with this coy, I was told I can't work with them anymore due to the message she received cos she doesn't know how to take such risk.

Sir/Ma, please I don't know what to do, I'm not even thinking about how to pay the loan right now, what's going through my mind is how to handle my future employer so that I won't become a depressed jobless guy.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by slytubadth(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2020
How did they get to know about your present employer?

5 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 9:55am On Mar 23, 2020
slytubadth:
How did they get to know about your present employer?

The app gained access to my phone contacts, they sent the messages at random, her number was saved on my list.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by slytubadth(m): 10:04am On Mar 23, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:

The app gained access to my phone contacts, they sent the messages at random, her number was saved on my list.

Oh, I can imagine now.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 10:06am On Mar 23, 2020
slytubadth:

Oh, I can imagine now.

I don't know how many people got the message. This is suicidal aswear.

4 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2020
Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by XklusivGistBlog(m): 11:09am On Mar 23, 2020
Why didnt u pay ehn
Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2020
XklusivGistBlog:
Why didnt u pay ehn

If you read my post, I only got salary in January which is the reason I'm opting out for another job. Our company is facing some financial challenges. Bro you can't imagine until you fit into this condition I'm in presently.

4 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2020
I actually took the loan for medical with the believe we'll be getting paid for February at that time.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Golden057(m): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:
I actually took the loan for medical with the believe we'll be getting paid for February at that time.

God will turn your situation around for good. Many people going through same condition, I advice on getting additional sim or save numbers on diary. Bear the threat and ensure no access to your contact again till things work out. They can't do more than they've done.

9 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2020
Thank you sir. I appreciate this.

Golden057:

God will turn your situation around for good. Many people going through same condition, I advice on getting additional sim or save numbers on diary. Bear the threat and ensure no access to your contact again till things work out. They can't do more than they've done.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by seanwilliam(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
@Kingofpalmgroov...
Mehn, 2000 is tooooooo much on 5k na. That's 40% na.. anyway next time no dey borrow from all these apps , beg your friends or family, if you are good to them, u no go beg reach 10 people before you go see 5k.. afterall if you hammer today , family and friends go find your help ...mehn naija is hard oooo.. u no collect salary since january? How u take dey chop? Mehn, now dem don double fhuck you now...try pay up and send a convincing message to ur new employer.. las las If she no gree, e mean say God get beta place for you be that

6 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Simplecity(m): 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
XklusivGistBlog:
Why didnt u pay ehn
very stupid question
..you obviously didnt read the write up

9 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
seanwilliam:
@Kingofpalmgroov...
Mehn, 2000 is tooooooo much on 5k na. That's 40% na.. anyway next time no dey borrow from all these apps , beg your friends or family, if you are good to them, u no go beg reach 10 people before you go see 5k.. afterall if you hammer today , family and friends go find your help ...mehn naija is hard oooo.. u no collect salary since january? How u take dey chop? Mehn, now dem don double fhuck you now...try pay up and send a convincing message to ur new employer.. las las If she no gree, e mean say God get beta place for you be that

Thank you sir. It's been hell. It gets to a point when you stop asking family and friends. You don't want it to be all the time and can't imagine keeping the house with kids and wife.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by pyro62(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:
In a time when the need of money is inevitable, I searched on Play store to find loan app and came across Sokoloan Scam App.
I was offered a loan of N5000 for 10days, with interest of N2000 making N7000 just for 10days. Since I had the intention to even pay off on or before the due date but things changed and loan became due days after with several threatening calls from one Agbero of a staff. He told me if I didn't pay up the same day, I'll regret what he's going to do afterwards.

Lo and behold, I was 4days away from repayment, also seeking funds to pay up, same night I got a WhatsApp message from my HR stating the message he got from the so called Sokoloan guy.

GOOD DAY!
THIS IS TO INFORM THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT
MR. AYOMIDE ************ ADEGOKE ON PHONE NUMBER 090********"
IS INDEBTED TO SOKOLOAN AND HAS NOT SHOWN ANY COMMITMENT OR INTENTION OF PAYING BACK, HE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED WITH ANY FORM OF TRANSACTION BECAUSE HE IS NOT TRUST WORTHY
THANKS.

My HR sent me 4k to assist paying up cos our company is owing 2months staff salary. I made the 4k payment to Sokoloan account to balance 3,414. 2days after the payment, my future employer sent the same message to me on Whatsapp again with the same content.
As I have already resigned from my present job to start with this coy, I was told I can't work with them anymore due to the message she received cos she doesn't know how to take such risk.

Sir/Ma, please I don't know what to do, I'm not even thinking about how to pay the loan right now, what's going through my mind is how to handle my future employer so that I won't become a depressed jobless guy.

Don't pay that money again.. Tell them to comman beat you in your house, then when they come, arrest them for infringement

4 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by seanwilliam(m): 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:

Thank you sir. It's been hell. It gets to a point when you stop asking family and friends. You don't want it to be all the time and can't imagine keeping the house with kids and wife.
Haha, u don marry? Sir, as e be now, na to find side husle oo.. I mean any side husle wey go dey take care of ur daily needs.. think sir, think well well ... i no say e no easy.
Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
Sir, I've been thinking of what to do and even trying to take up low income jobs, the situation of thinks in the country is even not helping.

The moment I start thinking of what else to do, the thought of suicide sets in most of the time, I just take my cloth and walk out of the house.

seanwilliam:
Haha, u don marry? Sir, as e be now, na to find side husle oo.. I mean any side husle wey go dey take care of ur daily needs.. think sir, think well well ... i no say e no easy.
Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by futuregovernor: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
They did same things to me. They even sent a message to my babe. my boss,it was embarrassing. Please run away from that app

4 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Rosebell(f): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Same thing happened to me.in my own case I paid their money on the 8th day but this useless people when to my account and Auto debit me again. I send emails, calls but no reply. I decided to borrow again and this useless people ask me to pay. That was when I remind them that my money is with them too. The next thing is that I should pay interest on the money I collected. I told them bodly that I will not pay kobo.they decided to disgrace their ancestors by sending messages to all my contacts. No shaking na them go tired.because my people know me that I hate credit.

8 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Lumidee007(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Same thing happen to me. That idiot agbero staff. I wish I have is contact. He thinks he can destroy ppls life?

5 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
grin grin
drmikeadams:
grin grin[center][/center] grin I agree with every but the homie still need take one bottle calm nerves down
Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by anihsheltermode(f): 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
For Turkey and China Importation, buying foreign fashionable items for both Kids and Adults at Manufacturer's wholesales prices, then private chat me via Whatsapp on 08085941033, then I will add you to our Whatsapp group where we buy as a family.

Are you a boutique owner and you need a reliable supplier, then you are in the right place.

Are you outside Lagos, you need a trusted and tested Supplier that will deliver your goods to you at Nationwide and even to African countries.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by fatymore(f): 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
These people are somehow... That was how my mum was showing me a message like that

3 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Dtoks: 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
They are like that they did same to one of my subordinates too, the guy was thoroughly embarrassed by sending messages randomly to his contacts.
Very useless people.

4 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Bluehill1051: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
Shut up and pay!
It is idiot people like the OP that makes businesses fold up! Sokoloan is not a charity coy, you better man up! Fool!
Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
The woman that gave birth to you have suffered a great misfortune. She ought to have dumped you inside Shalanga.

You're such an unfortunate fellow

Bluehill1051:
Shut up and pay!
It is idiot people like the OP that makes businesses fold up! Sokoloan is not a charity coy, you better man up! Fool!

20 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by jayson87: 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
Let's report the app to Google. It is that simple

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Adek123(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mehn I experience same thing with them and its very embarrassing. and that will not stop them from adding late fees to the already high interest they put on the loan.

They need to be reported sincerely. they are criminal in their dealings with users

3 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! Sokoloan App SCAM by Kingofpalmgroov: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? / Massive Recruitment For Various Positions At Workforce Group / Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.