Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Coronavirus Panic Experience - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Coronavirus Panic Experience (48066 Views)

Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport / Muslims Panic After Thousands Of Black Insects Invade Mecca / Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by olowodara(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2020
Eyaa.

Follow www.instagram.com/walkurpage to promote your products and services
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by proclinician: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

Stop deceving yourself
Go to Disease Center and do proper test
Regular lab test will not detect COVID 19
Regular lab test will show only malaria and typhoid.
Not all doctors in Nigeria have the COVID 19 test kit
There is a Special Test Kit from W H.O
Ask yourself
Did the doctor have a COVID Test Kit??
Did he run a COVID 19 Test on you??

Go and take proper Covid test.. then when you test negative
Then you can stop panicking.
Even healthy sport atheletes like Kevin Durant have no symptoms but tested positive..

Pls follow this advice. You don't know Psalm 23 more than the Vatican but they are presently overwhelmed. Go to NCDC and run a covid 19 test. Stay away from OK clothes I'm sorry. Pls be negative
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Xisnin(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Ok so I have just shared this on a nairalander's thread where he complained of having cold and I thought I should also open a thread and share it to everyone out there who might be in the same shoes I was last week.

I will advise you to self-isolate and avoid your dad since he is likely aged.
Don't risk your family members' health.
A person can have malaria AND coronavirus.

3 Likes

Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by engrelvis(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Ok so I have just shared this on a nairalander's thread where he complained of having cold and I thought I should also open a thread and share it to everyone out there who might be in the same shoes I was last week.

I understand that a lot of people are panicking now especially those with the coronavirus symptoms and are very much afraid to go check themselves because of all that is being said in the news or media. If you are in such situation, I will advise you to step out of panic, go to the nearest health center and get yourself tested instead of allowing panic take control of you.

Let me tell you all a story of what happened to me last week. I already shared it in my chat room though.

On monday while making arrangements for our TVC shoot, I all of a sudden fell ill. My temperature went up and I started feeling feverish. I quickly handed over to one of my team mate to oversee the work, then I left for the house.

On Tuesday, Wednesday I couldn't go out because I was too weak. Walking for 5 minutes became hell for me because I felt weak and dizzy when walking. I almost asked my whatsapp family what could be the cause of what's happening to me but I didn't want to create panic so I didn't. What I had in mind was malaria, or shortness of blood but my colleague checked me and said I have blood so I just concluded maybe I need to rest because I've been under stress lately.

Thursday we left Lagos for Abuja for our presentation. I was okay anyway. Friday morning I was fine too.

After presentation on Friday, my whole body system changed. My body was hot, I was feverish, having discomfort in the throat, headache and weakness.
Each time it felt like I needed to clear my throat, I would cough mildly to avoid panic amongst my colleagues and everyone present. My close colleagues teased me about having coronavirus knowing that we had just had a presentation on the virus that Friday morning.

That Friday, I lost count of my urination because I kept on going to the convenience every 5 minutes to pee and that's because I drank lots of hot water due to the irritation I was having in my throat. I became worried but my colleague told me to calm down that my frequent urination was due to the cold conference room. His words helped a bit...

The more I read the media especially on Nairaland, the more fear gripped me and there was usually this cold chill in me. I remember reading a thread on Nairaland where a lady gave a vivid story of how she got the virus, symptoms and date. At a point while reading, I felt my whole legs going numb and almost had panic attack. The more I read the news that Friday night the more I shook with fear then this numb feelings in my whole body and felt like I was going to pass out. So I forced myself to stay away from the media.

One Aboki had coughed on me severally even though I turned my face away inside a korope bus, conductor had spat on me while shouting bus stops and asking for money, a passenger had placed her sweaty arm pit on me in a bid to bring out her money, a drug seller had washed his sweat with his finger on me after shouting and hustling his Ghana seed medicines at the populated motor park and of course not to forget, in the Okrika market where I do business, lots of body jamming and these Igbo boys pulling of hands mixed with all sorts of salivas from different mouths... All of these rang in my head which made me panic more. I began to ask myself, "Shile you didn't have HIV is it coronavirus that you will now have?"

That friday night before going to bed, I called my colleagues and asked could it be coronavirus? They all laughed obviously I must have said it in a very funny manner.

Anyway I picked my phone to chat my Daddy.
I said "Dad I think I have the virus". My dad said which virus and I said coronavirus. My dad couldn't control his laughter. I told him see what is happening to me, he kept on laughing.
They all believed my mind was playing pranks on me.

Then I understood what I have been reading on the media was beginning to have an effect on me to the point that it has now replaced the promises of God in my life.

I remembered the psalmist said "The Lord is my Shepherd...I shall fear no evil for you are with me, your rod and your staff comforts me..."
I prayed to God to take control. Following day, my temperature was already reduced except for the weakness and I couldn't feel the discomfort in my throat.

We packed and left for the airport. During check, I was asked to step aside.

Obviously my temperature was high even though it feels warm to me but the thermometer detected it.

I was asked some questions upon questions in an office and my answers were NO. I have not come in contact with anyone who just arrived into the country whatsoever except for my public movements in Lagos.

The lady told me to isolate myself for 14 days for possible check and if there's anything, I should call the numbers given to me but by the time we were done, my colleagues had left me behind.
I rescheduled and came back to Lagos. For the first time, I summoned all courage and shared my story in my chat room on Saturday to drive all fears out of me.

This morning I met my doctor, ran some test and discovered I have malaria and a bit of typhoid which I have started medications.

I want you to know that there are lots of voices out there. Please choose wisely! Please use wisdom when deciding who to listen to. It's not every voice that is dependable at this trying moment. Please pick a few dependable information sources and stick with them. For instance, the NCDC, WHO, LSMOH are excellent.

If the news or social media is noticeably increasing your anxiety like in my own case, please limit the number of times you go on social media to read information that increases panic in you. For me, I completely stopped reading information till I got hold of myself.

Anxiety will always ask for more information. It is greedy and never satisfied. Don't fall into its trap! Also remember the Bible reminds us not to be overwhelmed by what we see. Our God is still on the throne! After the war, the Israelites came to moses and said "we counted and NO ONE IS MISSING" Number 31:49. I pray for you, From NOW till this pandemic ends, NONE will be missing in your family, among your friends and loved ones in Jesus name Amen!

Stay Safe, Wash More & Panicless. Panic kills faster than the virus itself.

God Bless You.
Shile.
Thank u for dis.

1 Like

Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Xisnin(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2020
Brendaniel:
The truth about corona virus lies in the movie: world war z, find the movie and watch it, you will know what is going on....
Dumbass!
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice story

See them all pussy niggarrrz
Scared of shit

You all Will be enjoying zombie movies like Resident evil,Bird box, Train to bursan, World war, Shaun of the dead Dawn of the dead, Return of the living dead, Day of the dead, the cell and Night of the living dead

Now it is happening life and direct

You all now scared

Time for me to go get my revolver ( gun)
Planet earth don cast! The beginning of the end!
Fuckkk some zombie

grin

Damn Niggarrr werey
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by molybdenum0012: 11:20am On Mar 23, 2020
I have decide to run a way from social media. The more I read symptoms on social media, the more I feel sick and show similar symptoms.

I hope the fear will not kill me before the virus grin
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Am exhausted from reading so I couldn't read all but I think d panic is very good so every body should stay at home panicking and avoid d virus there helping others close to them in contracting it. Pls govt should over exaggerate d stats so it would cause more panic and every one could stay safe. The panic is needed at dis point. My one cents.

Stupid post. Panic is good in ur father lineage abi
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by bjgurl(f): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2020
When you thought you have seen it all, Russia government has released lion to the society

Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Insectkiller: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2020
Another ghostly scientist have come up with new name for coronaVirus..

The name "Kofi 1-9"

Who did naija like this
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Successlane: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2020
Nationsdaddy:
Herdsmen / Boko haram is no longer in the news. Koro has taken over the world

THEY TOO HAVE RUN INTO HIDING, WHO WAN DIE?
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Kingstanding: 11:24am On Mar 23, 2020
Noblefirstlady:
You are right I think panic will affect some people even before the virus and I'm one of them. I'm so scared right now I may get heart attack anytime.
. Heart attack will not be your portion in Jesus name amen. Be positive in your words.
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by sammyesx: 11:26am On Mar 23, 2020
The idea is to spread panic,,, fear is the only thing that makes Nigerians to think straight,, imagine my neighbours telling me that all this corona story are cooked up. Just imagine
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2020
be creating unneccesary panic
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:

I understand that a lot of people are panicking now especially those with the coronavirus symptoms and are very much afraid to go check themselves because of all that is being said in the news or media. If you are in such situation, I will advise you to step out of panic, go to the nearest health center and get yourself tested instead of allowing panic take control of you.

Let me tell you all a story of what happened to me last week. I already shared it in my chat room though.

On monday while making arrangements for our TVC shoot, I all of a sudden fell ill. My temperature went up and I started feeling feverish. I quickly handed over to one of my team mate to oversee the work, then I left for the house.

On Tuesday, Wednesday I couldn't go out because I was too weak. Walking for 5 minutes became hell for me because I felt weak and dizzy when walking. I almost asked my whatsapp family what could be the cause of what's happening to me but I didn't want to create panic so I didn't. What I had in mind was malaria, or shortness of blood but my colleague checked me and said I have blood so I just concluded maybe I need to rest because I've been under stress lately.

Thursday we left Lagos for Abuja for our presentation. I was okay anyway. Friday morning I was fine too.

After presentation on Friday, my whole body system changed. My body was hot, I was feverish, having discomfort in the throat, headache and weakness.
Each time it felt like I needed to clear my throat, I would cough mildly to avoid panic amongst my colleagues and everyone present. My close colleagues teased me about having coronavirus knowing that we had just had a presentation on the virus that Friday morning.

That Friday, I lost count of my urination because I kept on going to the convenience every 5 minutes to pee and that's because I drank lots of hot water due to the irritation I was having in my throat. I became worried but my colleague told me to calm down that my frequent urination was due to the cold conference room. His words helped a bit...

The more I read the media especially on Nairaland, the more fear gripped me and there was usually this cold chill in me. I remember reading a thread on Nairaland where a lady gave a vivid story of how she got the virus, symptoms and date. At a point while reading, I felt my whole legs going numb and almost had panic attack. The more I read the news that Friday night the more I shook with fear then this numb feelings in my whole body and felt like I was going to pass out. So I forced myself to stay away from the media.

One Aboki had coughed on me severally even though I turned my face away inside a korope bus, conductor had spat on me while shouting bus stops and asking for money, a passenger had placed her sweaty arm pit on me in a bid to bring out her money, a drug seller had washed his sweat with his finger on me after shouting and hustling his Ghana seed medicines at the populated motor park and of course not to forget, in the Okrika market where I do business, lots of body jamming and these Igbo boys pulling of hands mixed with all sorts of salivas from different mouths... All of these rang in my head which made me panic more. I began to ask myself, "Shile you didn't have HIV is it coronavirus that you will now have?"

That friday night before going to bed, I called my colleagues and asked could it be coronavirus? They all laughed obviously I must have said it in a very funny manner.

Anyway I picked my phone to chat my Daddy.
I said "Dad I think I have the virus". My dad said which virus and I said coronavirus. My dad couldn't control his laughter. I told him see what is happening to me, he kept on laughing.
They all believed my mind was playing pranks on me.

Then I understood what I have been reading on the media was beginning to have an effect on me to the point that it has now replaced the promises of God in my life.

I remembered the psalmist said "The Lord is my Shepherd...I shall fear no evil for you are with me, your rod and your staff comforts me..."
I prayed to God to take control. Following day, my temperature was already reduced except for the weakness and I couldn't feel the discomfort in my throat.

We packed and left for the airport. During check, I was asked to step aside.

Obviously my temperature was high even though it feels warm to me but the thermometer detected it.

I was asked some questions upon questions in an office and my answers were NO. I have not come in contact with anyone who just arrived into the country whatsoever except for my public movements in Lagos.

The lady told me to isolate myself for 14 days for possible check and if there's anything, I should call the numbers given to me but by the time we were done, my colleagues had left me behind.
I rescheduled and came back to Lagos. For the first time, I summoned all courage and shared my story in my chat room on Saturday to drive all fears out of me.

This morning I met my doctor, ran some test and discovered I have malaria and a bit of typhoid which I have started medications.

I want you to know that there are lots of voices out there. Please choose wisely! Please use wisdom when deciding who to listen to. It's not every voice that is dependable at this trying moment. Please pick a few dependable information sources and stick with them. For instance, the NCDC, WHO, LSMOH are excellent.

If the news or social media is noticeably increasing your anxiety like in my own case, please limit the number of times you go on social media to read information that increases panic in you. For me, I completely stopped reading information till I got hold of myself.

Anxiety will always ask for more information. It is greedy and never satisfied. Don't fall into its trap! Also remember the Bible reminds us not to be overwhelmed by what we see. Our God is still on the throne! After the war, the Israelites came to moses and said "we counted and NO ONE IS MISSING" Number 31:49. I pray for you, From NOW till this pandemic ends, NONE will be missing in your family, among your friends and loved ones in Jesus name Amen!

Stay Safe, Wash More & Panicless. Panic kills faster than the virus itself.

God Bless You.
Shile.

Who would be dumb enough to believe the trash you're spewing.

Madam Your religious belief is misleading.

Your signature is saying a different thing from what you've quoted.

"I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by babyfaceafrica: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Am exhausted from reading so I couldn't read all but I think d panic is very good so every body should stay at home panicking and avoid d virus there helping others close to them in contracting it. Pls govt should over exaggerate d stats so it would cause more panic and every one could stay safe. The panic is needed at dis point. My one cents.
panicking that can lead to high blood pressure...
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Brunicekid(m): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Noblefirstlady:
You are right I think panic will affect some people even before the virus and I'm one of them. I'm so scared right now I may get heart attack anytime.
That's why we just gotta be really very careful.
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by MZrapper(f): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Thanks for sharing Riyadhgoddess.

1 Like

Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by nolywe(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2020
I stopped reading ur nonsense when you mentioned igbo boys...what a rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by tot(f): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2020
rain21:
Don't forget to still self isolate for 14 days irrespective

Had similar experience
I used Uber 3 weeks ago and the driver coughed non stop,I initially thought it wasn't something serious until he sneezed..
My heart left my chest that minute grin I didn't say a word to him so he won't look back to respond to me.i turned my face out of the windscreen till I got home. I ran a hot bath immediately I got home with lots of Dettol, didn't want to take any chances
I minimized my movement that period and each time I had an urge to sneeze,I would say a little prayer in my heart.
Thank goodness it's more than 3weeks already and there's no need for me to fret again
God save us all!

Haha! cheesy
Glad you are okay now and time has passed. It's like he had a regular cold.
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by fjjc(m): 11:39am On Mar 23, 2020
Why would Trump came out to tell us that chloroquine do the magic on this coronavirus.
USA and China need to tell the whole world what they know about this virus. By force by fire they want to reduce world population by a deadly virus so that they can renew their world order. This is what Muhammad Gadafi said about them in UN general meeting. 'They will create the virus themselves, spread it and later tell you that they have the antidotes. These and among other strategies that they employed to renew the world order.
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by rain21(f): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2020
tot:

Haha! cheesy
Glad you are okay now and time has passed. It's like he had a regular cold.

Don't know for him grin
I'm glad I'm safe
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Phyde: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2020
My only fear now is the buses i do enter daily to work. cry cry cry
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Offpoint: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2020
Brendaniel:
The truth about corona virus lies in the movie: world war z, find the movie and watch it, you will know what is going on....
Lol, DSTV have repeating that movie almost daily for a month now.
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Chamber2000: 11:49am On Mar 23, 2020
lonelydora:
You people should calm down.

This corona virus is just an acute malaria. Nothing more
Shut up your mouth. Just shut it. Stop promoting false information online
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by jerome84(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2020
lonelydora:
You people should calm down.

This corona virus is just an acute malaria. Nothing more
;

D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by triplechoice(m): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2020
The problem we have in this part of the world is that when we start to experience any kind symtom we are unwilling to visit the nearest hospital or health center to find out what is actually wrong with us, except when the situation becomes worst or very critical.I would not lie I am also guilty of this sometimes.

I am sure not many persons right now, during this period of coronavirus pandemic would be willing to come out to let those in charge know what is actually wrong them. This behavior would only make things worst.

Just imagine if the op had actually contacted the virus before she went for test.By now some of the persons that she had contact with would probably have contacted it too .Please let's try to do the right thing at this time.

I just hope it doesn't spread further before the cure or vaccine is developed
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Brendaniel: 11:51am On Mar 23, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

So all the health expert are wrong but the movie war z is right, if I call u illiterate now u go vex

White doctors are different from black doctors...

1 Like

Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Melonny(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2020
sammyesx:
The idea is to spread panic,,, fear is the only thing that makes Nigerians to think straight,, imagine my neighbours telling me that all this corona story are cooked up. Just imagine
Your neighbor must be an Igbo man?
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by omenka1: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice story

Scared of shit
What if those when test positive and those when don die from this Corona virus come start to wake and turned into zombies?

You all Will be enjoying zombie movies like Resident evil, Bird box, Train to bursan, World war, Shaun of the dead Dawn of the dead, Return of the living dead, Day of the dead, the cell and Night of the living dead

Now it is happening live and direct

You all now scared

Fuckkk some zombie
Dammnnnn niqarrr
planet earth don really cast big time......thanks be to Jah my plans to relocate me, myself and I to planet mars is already falling in place.
Re: My Coronavirus Panic Experience by Beirut01: 11:55am On Mar 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice story

Scared of shit
What if those when test positive and those when don die from this Corona virus come start to wake and turned into zombies?

You all Will be enjoying zombie movies like Resident evil, Bird box, Train to bursan, World war, Shaun of the dead Dawn of the dead, Return of the living dead, Day of the dead, the cell and Night of the living dead

Now it is happening live and direct

You all now scared

Fuckkk some zombie

You don't know anything more than damn niggar. SHEY they use am do u ni

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mortuary Caught Fire In Benue, Corpses Burnt Beyond Recognition (Pictures) / 15-Year-Old Indian Injected Her Boyfriend's HIV Positive Blood To Prove Her Love / Rakhim Kurayev: 5-Year-old Boy Did 4105 Press-ups In Russia, Gifted N13M Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.