Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,483,373 members, 5,623,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 01:38 PM

Microsoft Power Bi – Up And Running With Power Bi Desktop Training - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Microsoft Power Bi – Up And Running With Power Bi Desktop Training (237 Views)

Microsoft Power Bi – Up And Running With Power Bi Desktop Training / Microsoft Power Bi – Up & Running With Power Bi Desktop Training, Port Harcourt / LAUTECH Will Be Up And Running In 90 Days – New Council Chairman, Prof Afolabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Power Bi – Up And Running With Power Bi Desktop Training by brainifypm: 1:24pm On Mar 23
Analyse data, Chris Dutton, Maven Analytics, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Power BI Desktop, Power BI, Power BI Desktop, transform data, visualize data

Transform, analyse and visualize data with Microsoft Power BI Desktop: hands-on demos, project files and 1-on-1 support

Bestseller Created by Maven Analytics, Chris Dutton Last updated 6/2019English

English [Auto-generated] Subs This course includes

9.5 hours on-demand video
14 articles
11 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of Completion

What you’ll learn

Build professional-quality business intelligence reports from the ground up
Blend and transform raw data into beautiful interactive dashboards
Design and implement the same B.I. tools used by professional analysts and data scientists
Showcase your skills with two full-scale course projects (with step-by-step solutions)
Understand the business intelligence workflow from end-to-end
Learn from a best-selling instructor and professional BI developer

Requirements

Microsoft Power BI Desktop (free download)
This course is designed for PC/Windows users (currently not available for Mac)
Experience with Excel Power Query, Power Pivot and DAX is a plus, but not required

Description

NOTE: This is PART 1 of a 2-Part Microsoft Power BI series:

Up and Running with Power BI Desktop
Publishing to Power BI Service
Don’t forget to complete PART 2 to learn Power BI Service and take your BI skills to the cloud!
queries and reports. I’m feeling much more confident digging in and using MS Power BI!”

Course Description:

If you’re looking for a comprehensive, hands-on guide to learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop, you’ve come to the right place.

Power BI is quickly becoming the world’s most powerful self-service business intelligence platform, and an essential tool for data professionals and beginners alike. With Power BI you can connect to hundreds of data sources, build complex relational models using simple and intuitive tools, and design stunning, interactive dashboards from scratch — all for free.

The Course Project:

In this course, you’ll be playing the role of Lead Business Intelligence Analyst for Adventure Works Cycles, a global manufacturing company. Your mission? To design and deliver a professional-quality, end-to-end business intelligence solution, armed only with a handful of raw csv files.

But don’t worry, I’ll be guiding you through the ins-and-outs of Power BI Desktop, sharing crystal clear explanations and helpful pro tips each step of the way. We’ll follow a steady, systematic progression through the B.I. workflow, and break down our project into

Four Key Objectives:

Objective #1: Connect and Transform the Raw Data

Intro to the Query Editor
Types of Data Connectors
Basic Table Transformations
Text, Number and Date Tools
Index and Conditional Columns
Grouping and Aggregating Data
Pivoting and Unpivoting
Modifying, Merging and Appending Queries
Connecting to Folders
Defining Hierarchies and Categories
Query Editing Best Practices

Objective #2: Build a Relational Data Model

Intro to Database Normalization
Data (“Fact”) Tables vs. Lookup (“Dimension”) Tables
Creating Table Relationships
“Star” vs. “Snowflake” Schemas
Active vs. Inactive Relationships
Relationship Cardinality
Connecting Multiple Data Tables
Filtering and Cross-Filtering
Hiding Fields from Report View
Data Modelling Best Practices

Objective #3: Add Calculated Fields with DAX

Intro to Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
Calculated Columns vs. Measures
Row Context vs. Filter Context
DAX Syntax and Operators
Common Function Categories
Basic Date and Time Formulas
Logical and Conditional Statements
Text, Math and Stats Functions
Joining Data with RELATED
CALCULATE, ALL and FILTER Functions
DAX Iterators (SUMX, AVERAGEX)
Time Intelligence Formulas
DAX Best Practices

Objective #4: Design Interactive Reports

Intro to the Power BI Report View
Adding Objects and Basic Charts
Formatting and Filtering Options
Matrix Visuals
Slicers and Timelines
Cards and KPIs
Map Visuals (Basic, Fill, ArcGIS)
Tree maps, Lines, Areas and Gauges
Editing Report interactions
Adding Drill through Filters
Linking to Report Bookmarks
Using “What-If” Parameters
Managing and Viewing Roles
PREVIEW: Publishing to Power BI Service
Data Viz Best Practices

By the end of the Adventure Works project, not only will you have developed an entire business intelligence tool from the ground up, but you will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply these same concepts to your own real-world analyses.

For those looking for more opportunities to test their skills, I’ve also included an additional set of project files for a bonus Final Project. This is your chance to showcase all the skills you’ve developed throughout the course and apply them to a brand-new data set from Maven Market, a global supermarket chain.

Whether you’re a casual user, aspiring analyst, or data science professional, this course will give you the tools you need to become an absolute Power BI ROCK STAR — guaranteed.

Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:

100+ page Power BI eBook
Downloadable project files
Homework exercises and quizzes
1-on-1 expert support
Course Q and A forum
30-day money-back guarantee

P.S. Looking to master the full Excel + Power BI stack? Complete the path below and emerge an analytics ROCKSTAR:

Excel Pro Tips for Power Users
Advanced Excel Formulas and Functions
Data Visualization with Excel Charts and Graphs
Data Analysis with PivotTables
Intro to Power Query, Power Pivot and DAX
Up and Running with Power BI Desktop
Publishing to Power BI Service

Who this course is for:

Anyone looking for a hands-on, project-based introduction to Microsoft Power BI Desktop
Data analysts and Excel users hoping to develop advanced data modelling, dashboard design, and business intelligence skills
Aspiring data professionals looking to master the #1 business intelligence tool on the market
Students who want a comprehensive, engaging, and highly interactive approach to training.

FOR MORE INFORMATION KINDLY CALL: 07039147221

Re: Microsoft Power Bi – Up And Running With Power Bi Desktop Training by Reso1utionS: 1:10am On May 18
As much as I know there is no certification for Power BI
Do you offer an edX course for certification?
Re: Microsoft Power Bi – Up And Running With Power Bi Desktop Training by Nikra(m): 2:50am On May 18
I've been looking for the best power bi classes for a while now and it's strange, but it's the first time I hear about these specific ones. The description is very detailed, and these courses look promising. I still didn't decide which ones to choose because the market is overwhelmed. The course that stood out the most for me is Microsoft Power BI – Publishing to Power BI Service, so I think I would start with that. Nowadays, Microsoft Power BI seems to be a very good thing to learn, so I would definitely try other courses.
Re: Microsoft Power Bi – Up And Running With Power Bi Desktop Training by Victor8st: 7:25pm On May 23
Nikra:
I've been looking for the best power bi classes for a while now and it's strange, but it's the first time I hear about these specific ones. The description is very detailed, and these courses look promising. I still didn't decide which ones to choose because the market is overwhelmed. The course that stood out the most for me is Microsoft Power BI – Publishing to Power BI Service, so I think I would start with that. Nowadays, Microsoft Power BI seems to be a very good thing to learn, so I would definitely try other courses.

Where can I find some more feedback?

(1) (Reply)

Do I Still Have Any Of These? / Can You Guess The Name Of These African Universities / Civil Engineering/building Students. Check This Opportunity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.