Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown (39380 Views)

Ganduje Imposes Total Lockdown In Kano After Recording A 4th Case Of Coronavirus / Coronavirus: Kwara Govt Orders Total Lockdown In Offa / Umahi Tightens Ebonyi State Borders, Visits Boundaries To Ensure Total Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by middlebelter(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://punchng.com/coronavirus-aisha-buhari-seeks-total-lockdown/

Madam, I agree with you. Please tell GMB to kindly make the declaration. 14 days sacrifice may save thousands of lives in Nigeria. We have no resources to handle outbreak. Madam please tell the president to direct private sector to also shutdown except their services or products are essential services needed to support the fight against the pandemic.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CoolAmbience(m): 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
alsudan:
This woman will do a better job as President than her senile terrorist of a husband.

You obviously don't rationalize well.

You think such decision is what any government would make with a snap of the fingers?
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by Adblg0610: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
In the midst of all these COVID-19 crises,where is the BOKO HARAM? They seem to be missing in action,or have they been placed on self isolation too.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
[quote author=lozanni post=87707266][/quote]shut the fvck up, be humble and learn. It’s thjs stubborn attitude that got us into this situation. Like leaders like followers. You have data to browse and you mean all these global outcry since January, you don’t deem it fit to google and educate yourself about the pandemic? ... Just keep quiet.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
middlebelter:

Madam, I agree with you. Please tell GMB to kindly make the declaration. 14 days sacrifice may save thousands of lives in Nigeria. We have no resources to handle outbreak. Madam please tell the president to direct private sector to also shutdown except their services or products are essential services needed to support the fight against the pandemic.
I hope you’re ready to feed the masses that depends on their daily hustle for their daily bread? Like leaders like followers, no common sense.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by middlebelter(m): 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
CyberWolf:
I hope you’re ready to feed the masses that depends on their daily hustle for their daily bread? Like leaders like followers, no common sense.

Thank you for the insult, I appeal to you to do a cost/benefit analysis of not shutdown then you will agree that there is wisdom in shutting down. As I respond to your insult, UK has just taking the decision to shut down for three weeks after loosing many souls to the dreaded pandemic.There progress assessment shows that if they didn't shutdown the loss of lives and properties will not only continue but their economy will continue to plug down into recession.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by edoairways: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7rPOwqDQxA

Taskforce Storms Churches to Enforce Ban on Social Gathering Over Coronavirus
Horus is sighted someone worshipping God with handglove from your video
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by edoairways: 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
middlebelter:

Thank you for the insult, I appeal to you to do a cost/benefit analysis of not shutdown then you will agree that there is wisdom in shutting down. As I respond to your insult, UK has just taking the decision to shut down for three weeks after loosing many souls to the dreaded pandemic.There progress assessment shows that if they didn't shutdown the loss of lives and properties will not only continue but their economy will continue to plug down into recession.
How would many Nigerians feed during this period?
Would the electricity companies pity them ?
How effective is the healthcare system should a case be reported?
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by lozanni(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
CyberWolf:
shut the fvck up, be humble and learn. It’s thjs stubborn attitude that got us into this situation. Like leaders like followers. You have data to browse and you mean all these global outcry since January, you don’t deem it fit to google and educate yourself about the pandemic? ... Just keep quiet.

I wish I could get my hand on your broke a.s
Frustration seems to have wrecked your thinking faculty. SMH.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
lozanni:

I wish I could get my hand on your broke a.s
Frustration seems to have wrecked your thinking faculty. SMH.
Anybody that points out you’ll idiots insensitive comment is a broke ass smh..
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
middlebelter:

I hope you will also be bold enough to list the pilliatives UK is putting in place before the shutdown.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by lozanni(m): 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
CyberWolf:
Anybody that points out you’ll idiots insensitive comment is a broke ass smh..

Admit it, you are poor and broke, that is why you are frustrated and unnecessarily aggressive.
Ntor !!!
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
lozanni:

Admit it, you are poor and broke, that is why you are frustrated and unnecessarily aggressive.
Ntor !!!
Akuko.. Audio online billionaire, we know your type. Empty vessels makes the loudest noise. Lmao. Admit it that you lack cognitive reasoning, irrational and unfit like your idiotic leaders all around Africa.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by lozanni(m): 11:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
CyberWolf:
Akuko.. Audio online billionaire, we know your type. Empty vessels makes the loudest noise. Lmao

Nwokem, so you understand the lingua.
I thought it was the usual noisy neighbor.
Jee lacha nmai cool oo temper.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
lozanni:

Nwokem, so you understand the lingua.
I thought it was the usual noisy neighbor.
Jee lacha nmai cool oo temper.
Iwu nno afoanu.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by Excuzeme: 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

The PUNCH reports that one of the President’s daughters , who recently returned from the United Kingdom , is in self- isolation on the advice of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
Mrs Buhari had announced the development by herself last week.
source: https://punchng.com/coronavirus-aisha-buhari-seeks-total-lockdown/

You and your husband put 200Million Nigerians at risk, when you refused to close the border and stop all flights from "high risk countries", against the advice of those in the know, just because your daughter is not ready yet to return from the UK, one of the high risk countries in question.

Now, you have the nerve to issue advise to Nigerians?
See ehn, if l swear for some of you people ehn, the kin thunder wey go fire una, e go pass all the bullets from the AK47 wey that security man wey stand behind you and dey protect, carry.

Anuofia!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
edoairways:

How would many Nigerians feed during this period?
Would the electricity companies pity them ?
How effective is the healthcare system should a case be reported?
Don’t mind them, they always ready to site western countries as examples but won’t mention the necessary amenities in place.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by edoairways: 11:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
CyberWolf:
Don’t mind them, they always ready to site western countries as examples but won’t mention the necessary amenities in place.
The true be told, many Nigerians are prepared for this. You can see the body language of our politicians and even the masses
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by Excuzeme: 11:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
CyberWolf:

I believe both of you have the interest of Nigerians at heart but differ in approach to solve the problem!
You are looking at the economics and humanitarian aspect of it while the other guy is looking at a solution to the Virus problem by preventing it from spreading and killing more people.

In-between both of you is a middle ground because when a person is ill, all these talk about "daily bread" will become irrelevant, even if they give you food for free, yo wont be able to eat it.
That is why wise people have said: Health is Wealth.

I agree that a good govt needs to look at what the people will eat, how they would survive, when a lockdown is put in place.
Good leaders, good government in Europe and America have already put-in palliatives for food, income, rent deferment, etc, for their people so that they can survive the three weeks of lockdown that they put in place.
But in Nigeria, our leaders see this Virus pandemic as an opportunity to make quick money!
Imagine the Minister for Health planning to import USED and REFURBISHED Medical Gown that A NEW ONE sells as low #2500, for #32,000 each!

These are the type of evil leaders that cannot think about the people but about themselves and their pockets, if l have my way, l will infect all of them and ensure they dont get treated so they can suffer very well before they die.

Having said that, we have NO OPTION that to enforce a Lockdown, very, very soon!
It is the DEVIL'S ALTERNATIVE! Eitherway, PEOPLE would die!

If we dont enforce a lockdown very soon, the amount of people that are already infected without showing any symptoms and infecting others, will keep increasing and by the time we realise whatsup, it will be too late and millions will just die like flies all over the place!
Of what use is hustling for daily bread, when at the end of the day, you bring the bread home and death will not allow you to eat it?
We have a choice between having a lockdown NOW and reducing the number of deaths (some will definitely die of hunger, regretably!) or not having a lockdown and counting dead bodies all over Nigeria, for the next one year, th enumbers will be worse that all the world wars combined.

But there is a middle ground!
And that is for we Nigerians to help the less fortunate ones amongs us, by reducing our own consumption, donating what is spared to those in need, Rice farmers donating Rice to Govt to share to the people (Govt should now pay them later), producers making their goods available for use, on a CREDIT BASIS, until the the crises subsides and then we start all over again.

That is the ONLY Choice we have.
or we all can die here in this shithole with wicked leaders.

Contagion will be child's play.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by Nifemi2512(m): 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
Well said, Madam 1st lady!
It's great to see us united as a nation in combating this plague called Covid-19.

God heal our land.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
But how can we stay at home wen ders no lyt
We need Steady lyt for now
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by Amdoyin(m): 12:06am On Mar 24, 2020
Bmaster:
I'm short of words on the issue of shutting down markets over covid-19.

seriously, I'm still trying to figure out how thousands of peoples if not millions will manage in order to survive through.

God help us! embarassed
My dear, they will survive. We have experienced 2weeks nationwide strike during the era of Obasanjo/Osho and people still survive. Corona is a very damn serious. We need to manage it before to get out of hand
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by lexy2014: 2:33am On Mar 24, 2020
NubaVertigo:
The traditional leaders will also need to step in to help control their areas. Put out notices for lockdowns, even like in the old town crier fashion. They also need to figure out funding for the local peoples' food necessities, and work with the local and federal governments on this. This is where the traditional leaders are needed, they serve in some capacities as respected mayors

If d govt does its job by enforcing quarantine at d airports, there will be no need for lockdown. D index cases& new cases reported are a result of govt nonchalance at enforcing quarantine for people coming from d UK and italy. They just allow people from corona hit countries to stroll into d country. U now want ordinary nigerians to suffer for govts incompetence
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by lexy2014: 2:35am On Mar 24, 2020
Amdoyin:
My dear, they will survive. We have experienced 2weeks nationwide strike during the era of Obasanjo/Osho and people still survive. Corona is a very damn serious. We need to manage it before to get out of hand
Who are d we? If its so serious why has d govt been nonchalant about placing UK returnees under quarantine immediately they arrive at d airport? Aren't I aware that all d new cases are a result of this?
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by CyberWolf: 3:02am On Mar 24, 2020
Excuzeme:

I believe both of you have the interest of Nigerians at heart but differ in approach to solve the problem!
You are looking at the economics and humanitarian aspect of it while the other guy is looking at a solution to the Virus problem by preventing it from spreading and killing more people.

In-between both of you is a middle ground because when a person is ill, all these talk about "daily bread" will become irrelevant, even if they give you food for free, yo wont be able to eat it.
That is why wise people have said: Health is Wealth.

I agree that a good govt needs to look at what the people will eat, how they would survive, when a lockdown is put in place.
Good leaders, good government in Europe and America have already put-in palliatives for food, income, rent deferment, etc, for their people so that they can survive the three weeks of lockdown that they put in place.
But in Nigeria, our leaders see this Virus pandemic as an opportunity to make quick money!
Imagine the Minister for Health planning to import USED and REFURBISHED Medical Gown that A NEW ONE sells as low #2500, for #32,000 each!

These are the type of evil leaders that cannot think about the people but about themselves and their pockets, if l have my way, l will infect all of them and ensure they dont get treated so they can suffer very well before they die.

Having said that, we have NO OPTION that to enforce a Lockdown, very, very soon!
It is the DEVIL'S ALTERNATIVE! Eitherway, PEOPLE would die!

If we dont enforce a lockdown very soon, the amount of people that are already infected without showing any symptoms and infecting others, will keep increasing and by the time we realise whatsup, it will be too late and millions will just die like flies all over the place!
Of what use is hustling for daily bread, when at the end of the day, you bring the bread home and death will not allow you to eat it?
We have a choice between having a lockdown NOW and reducing the number of deaths (some will definitely die of hunger, regretably!) or not having a lockdown and counting dead bodies all over Nigeria, for the next one year, th enumbers will be worse that all the world wars combined.

But there is a middle ground!
And that is for we Nigerians to help the less fortunate ones amongs us, by reducing our own consumption, donating what is spared to those in need, Rice farmers donating Rice to Govt to share to the people (Govt should now pay them later), producers making their goods available for use, on a CREDIT BASIS, until the the crises subsides and then we start all over again.

That is the ONLY Choice we have.
or we all can die here in this shithole with wicked leaders.

Contagion will be child's play.
Thats exactly what I’m saying, they will always want to make money from this situation without thinking about the welfare of the masses. Of course I get your point and we have no option. My only fear is that we are not advanced like other western countries so if the government enforces total lockdown without any palliative in place, the number of people that will die of hunger will far exceed the virus itself. And like they say, a hungry man is an angry man, I forsee angry hungry masses looting shops very soon, especially here in the north.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by RubitanLeanon: 7:39am On Mar 24, 2020
We are facing now a serious problem which is the transmission of coronavirus and this will lead to death if we are not going to fight for it. If one person who is in the higher position seeks total lock down, then be it. Just follow the rules in your area. You should apply the social distancing, wear your mask, use alcohol always. But wait, this would help you while you are at home having your isolation click this one https://concretecontractorsdesmoines.com/. This will help your place as beautiful as you. This is the best concrete contractors in whole Des Moines. We are highly trusted.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by lozanni(m): 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
CyberWolf:
Iwu nno afoanu.

grin Abum an easy going fella
Udo di.
Re: COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown by Emmycool85: 3:57am On Mar 25, 2020
Bmaster:
I'm short of words on the issue of shutting down markets over covid-19.

seriously, I'm still trying to figure out how thousands of peoples if not millions will manage in order to survive through.

God help us! embarassed
Your concern is quite understandable, however, would they chose to have something to eat now and possibly die tomorrow or starve today and have a sound health to hustle tomorrow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Live Pictures From The APC One Million March4Buhari / Tambuwal Visits Hospital At 2a.m., catches Sokoto Staff Unaware... / Fayose On Bike During Road Inspection In Ado-Ekiti (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.