Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (54893 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Jaqenhghar: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

You better stay at home jeje and don't put your trust on functioning hospitals
Your eye go clear if you get severe disease. Na then you go know say khaki no be leather.
In the UK, decisions are being made on who to put on ventilators and who should be denied. Yes, its beginning to spread like wildfire there. Their A/E is overwhelmed already and it will only get worse if people don't sit their ass down and stop moving around.
I learnt another country, whether na italy is denying those over 60years ventilators because it's just not enough to go round.
Infact, I have a headache now, and can only hope it's not Corona. I hope that even if it is, it will be the mild form of the disease.
Thats some scary shít. Na house I dey brother. Take care of yourself O. Hopefully its just mild headache. You dey sleep well so?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
Can Nigerians remain indoors with the epileptic power supply and hot weather?If hungry worry me after 1 day of staying indoor I go go hustle for food outside.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
Corrections:
grin THANK GOD FOR LETTING ME SEE ATIME LIKE THIS IN THE HISTORY OF AFRICA WHERE AFRICANS LOCKED THEIR BORDERS AGAINST ADVANCED NATIONS OF THE WORLD TELLING THEM THEY DON'T WANT THEM IN THEIR CONTINENT.

I ALSO PRAY TO SEE ANOTHER TIME WHERE THE CITIZENS OF ADVANCED NATIONS OF THE WORLD WOULD QUEUE AT THE EMBASSIES OF AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN THEIR LARGE NUMBERS SEEKING FOR VISA TO PERMANENTLY RELOCATE TO AFRICA...................... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

CAN SOMEBODY SAY AMEN?
You are filled with bitterness, envy and jealousness. You should concentrate more in making your country push forward than praying for the big nation to fall.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by friday2011(m): 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
9jamyHome:
Let me share my experience in Lombardy...

Lomba gini, mode, we have a ghost in the house.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by GeneralPula: 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Zinny25:
I heard their government provide basic things for them like food, money etc. how true is this

Nah lie, forget media propaganda.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by kizyalex10(m): 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Keziehenry:
Am still wondering how Nigerians resident in Italy and other areas ravaged by this deadly virus are coping.

So if you are outside Naija kindly educate us on how you guys cope with this deadly virus.
i ran bck to naija still d tin follow me come here

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by phymat(m): 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
[Even togo people dey here lolz. quote author=friday2011 post=87704355]Here in togo, we are fine, na only hunger, we run biz dailies and movement is restricted. [/quote]
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Em5(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
sarrki:

Which part of Newyork are you?

Brooklyn (Crown Heights to be specific)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Niggsrdumb: 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
Where I am the people think it's a joke or hoax , the government are now taking it a bit more seriously after seeing Italy.

There's no lock down other than some businesses closing down. Some are still open, in general it feels like your average Sunday, nothing spectacular.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Em5(m): 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
cococandy:
I was in New York less about a week ago. Went through la guardia . People didn’t seem to care that much. I guess it’s gotten more serious in the past few days?

You're right, two weeks ago we were watching China and Italy on TV thinking America is untouchable.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by yemiosinbajo: 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
raufgaga:
Am in d moon right now!!.
It is really cool here and i dont envy u people down there on Earth. so please i beg u people to dey una dey there so as not to come and polute this pure planet we are in with ur sinful ways.

So moon is a planet?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Dannybammz: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
Omo, here in Dubai Everything don shut down o Mall, airport ... police even dey patrol streets with speakers and drones to tell residents to stay home....
Omo.. mo ya stay indoor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by geezynoni: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
slightlyMad:
we are at home watching cnn, netflix, slingtv here in the US, 30minutes ago, it was 40,000 case in the US, now it is 41,200 confirmed cases via CNN
My state has been shut down and all i can do is buys groceries, the US retailers promise to keep inventory but they are even having a hard time with some items already.

sit your ass at home
Is that why you are slighltly mad?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by juman(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
I wonder how nigerians in the country would cope with the shut down of the country if that happen.
Many will die of hunger.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by tunapawizzy: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
Feels like imprisonment, 3 is a crowd in Germany as we speak, if u are seen with 2 other persons, na jail o or 25keuros

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by bluefilm: 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
We are coping just fine. I work from home. It gets annoying not moving around much but it is what it is.
Its comforting to know that at least there are measures put in place in case we fall sick.
Functioning hospitals
Functioning drugs
Ambulances
Health workers who know what they are doing

Look at this one.

Who do you think you're boasting for?

By the time that colonial drive us hits your city, you won't even have enough breath to boast.

Functioning drugs gbukwee gi dia.

Onye ala. sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by franchasng: 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
lifeagain22:
No single Person Abroad has said anything probably Nigerians Abroad does not read news on Nairaland my Thought .
nobody will want to disclose his exact city location for some reasons.

But I am sure you have been watching BBC, CNN, Aljazeera, France 24, Euro News, CNBC, CCTV, whatever they are telling you is the situation.

Where I am, we have been on lockdown for the past weeks now, and even though new cases are not being reported, every nonessential business have been shutdown completely, only the medical guys, groceries and security are working.

Hotels, etc are all shut! My guys in US, Spain, Germany, London are suffering same fate, especially NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Texas is still okay to an extent.

The best way to cope is to stay at home if you don't have an essential duty to perform..this coviq -1 - 9 seems to be air borne, scientists are no longer sure how its being transmitted again, all na guess

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Jaqenhghar: 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
bluefilm:

Look at this one.

Who do you think you're boasting for?

By the time that colonial drive us hits your city, you won't even have enough breath to boast.

Functioning drugs gbukwee gi dia.

Onye ala. sad

[img]https://media1./images/0937ff699005db6a14684fb98962656d/tenor.gif?itemid=10493100[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by easyfem(m): 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mall is closing tomorrow and we av not gotten this month salary

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by CrazyOptimist: 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Self isolation to start by Wednesday.
Preparing for a total shutdown
Food loaded at home
Fuel loaded in car
Small cashally dey pocket
I can't even work from home with my kind of job.
So I hope to have the much needed rest before everything becomes normal again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by SkinnyNigga: 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
Freed001:
In my opinion I think that for those abroad now, they'll have to stay there and not bother coming down to this country. Then again please y'all should be safe out there and prepare for the worst. Especially those of us in Lagos. We'll get through this I'm sure.
shove your stinking opinion up in your ass..this is for Nigerians in abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Stan642(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
Here in New Delhi, serious announcement was made regarding the menace of the lethal virus that there will be total lockdown except in the health ministry. They are nursing the intention of fumigating the city using helicopters and technical devices. Roads are not too busy as usual. Face mask sales more. People are panicking. Whenever one coughs in public, everyone begins to drift away or scamper for safety.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by dayleke: 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
handsomeyinka:
E NO EASY..

WE DON BECOME EGUNGUN BE CAREFUL FOR MARYLAND..

Lol...
Which part of MD are you bro.?

The governor made the announcement this morning about the closure of all non-essential biz by 5pm today.

Na wah o.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by sarrki(m): 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
Em5:

Brooklyn (Crown Heights to be specific)

Ok

Cool was there 2 weeks ago

We stayed in same city

Stay safe man
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Yankee101: 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
We're waiting for govt to pay us for sitting at home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
CheedyJ:

Awon enemy of progress,haba..can't u just read & move on...

What's their to be envious of about?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Em5(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
sarrki:

Ok

Cool was there 2 weeks ago

We stayed in same city

Stay safe man

Thank you, stay safe too
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Ewedegubbler: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
everything hey normal for my house. no sengemenge here
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by phillipsword(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
we are here though am following from Geneva Switzerland shall.....we stopped working in my company 2weeks ago though we had a flight taking us to Basel but was called off due to the convid19.....been indoors for a week an three days to be precise just hope it will come off soon my naija brothers pls pray for us just as we pray for you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Netflix, PS4, board games, homemade clubbing for the next 20days... while hoping not to lose our minds!

supermarkets are the only shops opened, but only one person per household can go pèr week. if cops catch you in the streets wandering around, its a 300$ fine on the spot.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Reveals The Reply A Stranded Man Gave Her, After She Gave Him A Lift In Lag / Meet Arthur Nwabufo, First Nigerian To Reach Antarctica With The Russian Fleet / Nigeria Air Has Finally Arrived In Abuja (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.