Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (54895 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by GboyegaD(m): 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Soknown:

Effects of watching dooms day preparation too much. Tissue papers, hand sanitizer, milk and bread are Gold now.

Imagine Walmart rationing bread and egg to 1 pack per family.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by ttmacoy: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
The problem though is if other countries do not end the virus spreading, countries like China nd Japan where it has started to slow are stll at risk if/when people start to travel again unless they close their borders for a long time which also brings up significant economic consequences.

Singapore has started to see cases again after initially curtailing it, so we need a globally coordinated response and I think most countries get it now.

Olubadan1:
Tokyo is relatively cool. The virus has been relatively curtailed. We are praying for the end to this pendemic globally.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by handsomeyinka(m): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
dayleke:

I sabi laurel small na.
Shall like to meet you one of these days.
Saw your siggy too.
I dey Bmore.
IN box me your number.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Drenimarcus(m): 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
It’s total lockdown, schools closed, restaurants( only take out) closed, churches closed. State of emergency declared here in my county on Wednesday.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by yeyeosoronga: 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Thats some scary shít. Na house I dey brother. Take care of yourself O. Hopefully its just mild headache. You dey sleep well so?

Make we see how things unfold.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by falopey: 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Unrated900(m): 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Zinny25:
I heard their government provide basic things for them like food, money etc. how true is this

Very true
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by blackslayer: 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
i used to like working from home once in a while. I have now been forced to WFH for the second week and i absolutely hate it!
My productivity is down and i end up just napping or cooking or trading stocks during my regular work hours. I have room to slack off though i could use it for more productive things. I am not just motivated and i feel like this corona virus has disrupted and almost ruined a lot of peoples lives. All because some people all the way on the other side of the world decided to mess with bats + pangolins.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by GboyegaD(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
intrinsicniyi:
Sigh:

I am definitely restive, demotivated and kinda scared - never being this scared in my life (poverty that I experienced growing up no fear me reach this one).

I am in Charlottesville, VA, USA pursuing my studies at UVA. How am I coping:

(a) My ass is 100% seated at home
(b) I wash my hand almost every 30 mins (not sure if I am over-doing this but I know I am not ready to die yet)
(c) I am currently attending classes online
(d) I catch up with news on twitter via CNN, BBC, Washington post, Financial times, WHO, Business insider, and via other people's handle to stay abreast of all the happenings
(e) I sometimes sleep to escape reality. I also play video games, watch movies and CR7 youtube videos to supplement my escape from reality
(f) I reach out to my family and friends to maintain my sanity. I also try to sensitize people who needs it
(g) I sometimes reflect on life and try to be grateful. I wish the dead ones eternal peace (watching the video of those Italian coffins is disheartening)
(h) I have come to a realization that government all over the world ain't shit. I repeat, government ain't shit and they're treating us all like scapegoat.
(i) Meanwhile, I realized impossible is nothing as I managed to eat "eba" with "vegetable and boiled egg". My chicken finished and couldn't visit the grocery stores. I think this is when I started getting de-motivated. grin

Lastly, please stay SAFE by practicing all the necessary measures that have been issued by organizations like WHO to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Try to sensitize people if you think they need it too.

#Peace

Chicken is scarce now. Walmart had Turkey but I couldn't buy it because I'm not willing to go through the stress of cutting it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Unrated900(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Em5:
We wish our brothers in Nigeria will realise shit is real and give it the seriousness it deserves. I see on social media people making a fun of it and some purporting conspiracy theories about it been a hoax or avenue to make money.

Shit is real and it's is not funny at all here in New York. Health systems are stretched already. I fear how Africa will cope if the America and Europe are squealing.

Africa is a write over bro
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Danobb: 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
In Sydney, all clubs, social events are shutdown. I just ensure I avoid using public transport and also ensure I use my hand sanitizer after visiting public places like supermarkets (1 in my car, 1 in d house and 1 in my pocket). All Eateries only do takeaways. The government cannot really do anything if d people are not cooperating, but the only solution is to avoid public gathering.
One advice: Markets in Nigeria might be shutdown as the number of cases are increasing, so try to buy the necessary things in your house now before it is too late. Pls also ensure u guys educate people that can't understand English.
Keziehenry:
Am still wondering how Nigerians resident in Italy and other areas ravaged by this deadly virus are coping.

So if you are outside Naija kindly educate us on how you guys cope with this deadly virus.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
It seems like church can't solve this one ��
What does church have to do with this? Receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Deltayankeeboi: 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
pk2me:
Nonsense and ingredients cock and bull story. there is nothing like Napoli as a City in Italy. Napoli is a football club in City of Naples.
Napoli Italian. Naples.. English. Both are correct.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
friday2011:

Lomba gini, mode, we have a ghost in the house.
grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Norabay(f): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Gooodguy123:
Here South Africa,,, yesterday it was 204 confirmed cases,,, today it was 402,,, in less than 24 hours,,, now the president just announced a 21 days nationwide lockdown,,,, am thinking of coming back home
which home please stay safe it's well

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Diamondbeatz(m): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
RapistOnBail:

Its tough here in Cameroon

is Cameroon diaspora?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Soknown: 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
GboyegaD:

Imagine Walmart rationing bread and egg to 1 pack per family.
Desperate times, my friend.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
cococandy:
Sassy, I’m doing the honey and lemon tea for myself. Kiddie won’t drink it. I tried. But So far she’s fine.

I disinfect everything outside before coming into the house. Un;dress in the garage. and cleanse inside/outside of any car I drive to work before bringing them into the garage.

Constant disinfection. It’s tedious but if that’s what will save us. We have no choice

One of the doctors I work with doesn’t see his kids anymore, he’s living outside the home and goes to work from there. Until all this is over. wish I could do that.

I won’t be surprised if I’ve already been exposed and our immunity is just protecting us

It is well.
This too will pass.

Yes,.It's strong immunity.

Honey and lemon is very good.
Even little ones here love it.
Sigh.

A British man that self isolated in wuhan said lots of exercises helped him and he had serious pneumonia.
Anything to boast the immune system.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by adidison(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
The govt needs to shut everything down now before it is too late. I really don't understand their stupidity here. Countries with better public health care are closing everything but A country like Nigeria that doesn't have proper health care are still being careless.

They think they have everything under control because they can monitor 30 people but the way it spreads is unreal. Again you know the kind of population you have, very stubborn people because of their faith and don't trust govt or respect laws.

If this thing gets out of control in Nigeria it will be very very difficult to contain / stop and a lot of old people will be lost. That is what scares me. I really don't understand this stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
sassysure:

shocked shocked
If u can get bitter kola, chew it consistently.
Give your hubby too.
U can prepare honey and lemon drink for little one.

Anything to boast immune system and has anti viral properties will do.

It's well.

There is a popular nairalander here in one thread who contacted it.
Shit is real.
Pease could you share the link of the thread?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by toscolee(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
kingsleybrave:
I just remembered I have a friend there ..... cry cry angry what could be his fate......
Oh God I just remembered our Edo girls ..... Government should try and rescue them back home.......

Not now. Money should be transferred to them and there situation monitored.
angry
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Gokoyer0(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Birmingham is in lockdown but some small parks still open to public sha. Na business runs carry me comot Naija o. I dey miss my Naija o cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by intrinsicniyi(m): 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
GboyegaD:

Chicken is scarce now. Walmart had Turkey but I couldn't buy it because I'm not willing to go through the stress of cutting it.

That's so true. Chicken is very scarce.

cheesy cutting shouldn't stress you much. I am thinking of checking out the store this weekend though, I need to replenish my foodstuffs.

Be safe Bro!
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by eaglechild: 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
The British PM just announced that there should be no more public gatherings of greater than 2 people.
Has also asked that all non essential shops eg clothing, electronics etc be shut down.
The train services have gone haywire with multiple cancelations making commuting a nightmare for those of us in essential services, but this is understandable as most people are staying at home.
London Euston was very scanty.
Ridiculously long queues at malls but priority is given to health workers.
I pray this passes quickly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Babapyro:

It is a shame that we have to share a platform With people like you.

Don't take some stuffs here too serious.
That guy is an us marine if I'm right and they are working around the clock.
People have many ways to let off steam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by SuyaEater(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
I work from home, so I'm good. grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
cococandy:

What vaccine did you receive?
We removed hair from our Bible and drank with water gringringrin
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by neoeverest(m): 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
May God forgive you
Jesse25:
Nigerians abroad are the people that bring this corona virus to this country nonsense who cares about them
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by neoeverest(m): 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
We are at home, get some things you need and don’t panic. God is in control and solution will come soon. We will overcome this
Keziehenry:
Our abroad Bros and sisters, how do you cope
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by orble: 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
Vicben:
Let me share my experience in Monrovia. It has been calm for a week now since the identification of the index case in the country.

However, this week is coming in more stringent measures as the country has recorded its third case and tracking down contacts. I was due to return to Nigeria this week upon the completion of my assignment.

Unfortunately, I am trapped here with no sign of travelling back soon. I just have to adjust myself to fit into the situation to sustain myself till whenever it's safe and boarders are reopened for travels.

Many people are trapped around the world, and are living in difficult situations as a result of the travel ban on earth. Let's all play safe.

Yeah! that will happened by December, 2024.

In Nigeria, Infact they will be running to neighboring countries in order to smuggle themselves into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Maxrider17(m): 11:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
I live in the centre of Barcelona Spain which used to be filled with tourist all over ghe world, as at today you can count the number of people in my entire neighbourhood. The good side of it is that the grocery stores are open 24/7, pharmacies and some fruit and meat shops too. The public transport still works. There are few government provisions to cushion the harsh effect of this period, for instance they have agreed to pay salaries of the two weeks we have been at home. There has been tax reduction for freelance workers. The entire situation is not as bad it should be, the only thing is that we are not used to staying this long at home especially if you live in a lively part of the city.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Reveals The Reply A Stranded Man Gave Her, After She Gave Him A Lift In Lag / Meet Arthur Nwabufo, First Nigerian To Reach Antarctica With The Russian Fleet / Nigeria Air Has Finally Arrived In Abuja (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.