Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,929 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning (50700 Views)

The Snake I Killed In The Toilet This Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) / Massive Owl Killed In My House This Morning (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by kiddoiLL(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordAzubuike:

From the head, it's not venomous. It's definitely a specie of rat snake (not rattle snake, I said rat snake). As the name suggests, rat snakes feed on mice and insects.
You people need to stop spreading this wrong information that only Triangular shaped headed snakes are venomous.
That's a Boomslang, highly venomous, unlike other snakes if one gets bitten by a Boomslang, you'll not only have internal bleeding, but the victim would be bleeding from the eyes, nostrils and ears before it can get finally fatal.
You guys need to stop thing round headed snakes ain't dangerous

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by lastclaire4(f): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Biodun1929:
Who knows the name of this snake? I killed it in my house this morning. It is very small...like the size of a long earthworm...I would say just about 10 inches long.

I stay in a 4 bedroom bungalow, and I left the living room empty, as I only use two out of the rooms in the house (I stay alone). So, this morning, I went out to buy something and as I walked in through the kitchen door and into the living room, I saw the thing staying still in the living room. (From the way it was positioned, I could tell it came in from the guest toilet). At first I thought it was dead, cos I keep a bottle with Sniper by the guest toilet. I thought maybe the thing affected it or so, and it died. I stood still myself and watched it. Next thing, I saw the head move slightly. I didn't want to leave its sight, so I grabbed a broom nearby and threw it at it. It hit it and it started struggling to move on the tiled floor and get towards the toilet...but it couldn't move well on the tile. I ran towards it and stamped it out a few times with my leg. It kept moving around. I picked up the broom and hit it on the head a couple of times till it stopped moving.

I won't lie, even though the snake was tiny I was a bit scared. After killing it, I cleaned my whole house within minutes. Lol. Thank God I don't have much in the house, so there is really no hiding place. After clearing every corner, I poured sniper in every corner and went out. I just came back, hoping to meet a dead snake or something, but I guess that snake was the only one that came in.

Is there Bush next to your compound or deserted house

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by AngryNigerian(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Peak11:
Thank God for his protection.....

Meanwhile, check my signature for a tested and confirmed way to make money online.
NO PAYMENT REQUIRED! NO REGISTRATION FEE REQUIRED!! HURRY NOW!!!

The platform on your signature...is it real?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by pacificom: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
This is an Adult female Boomslang. It hardly attack human, only hangout to feed on rodents, lizard, and birds. But the vernom is highly toxic to human when bitten, and can kill victims within an hour after deadly symptoms.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by kiddoiLL(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Make una dey practice neatness, una no go gree. Una go dey wait for your-ever-busy wives and girlfriends to come and clean for una.

You killed it and cleaned your rooms immediately with sniper

So where did those insects feeding on that unfortunate snake carcass came from? I don't mean that you are dirty oohh, but I am sure that something in your compound that should not be there attracted the snake to your rooms.

His environment might not be dirty, That snake is a Boomslang, they're tree snakes, tiny enough to camouflage as a branch or twig.
It might've scaled through Op's window from a tree nearby.
No be every time dirty dey draw snakes, with those ants feeding on that Snake, I'm certain there's a tree in his compound

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordAzubuike:

From the head, it's not venomous. It's definitely a specie of rat snake (not rattle snake, I said rat snake). As the name suggests, rat snakes feed on mice and insects.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by damilarea2(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2020
Now I can see that it's only Snakes that make from page grin The Amotekun they killed in my wife's shop did not make front page

https://www.nairaland.com/5750049/whats-name-animal-civet-leopard
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
lastclaire4:

Is there Bush next to your compound or deserted house

No bush. But there is a deserted house two houses from me that has just recently been cleared of grass/weed. I guess that's where it came from. They destroyed its habitat. Thanks for this comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by toprealman: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2020
Biodun1929:
Who knows the name of this snake? I killed it in my house this morning. It is very small...like the size of a long earthworm...I would say just about 10 inches long.

I stay in a 4 bedroom bungalow, and I left the living room empty, as I only use two out of the rooms in the house (I stay alone). So, this morning, I went out to buy something and as I walked in through the kitchen door and into the living room, I saw the thing staying still in the living room. (From the way it was positioned, I could tell it came in from the guest toilet). At first I thought it was dead, cos I keep a bottle with Sniper by the guest toilet. I thought maybe the thing affected it or so, and it died. I stood still myself and watched it. Next thing, I saw the head move slightly. I didn't want to leave its sight, so I grabbed a broom nearby and threw it at it. It hit it and it started struggling to move on the tiled floor and get towards the toilet...but it couldn't move well on the tile. I ran towards it and stamped it out a few times with my leg. It kept moving around. I picked up the broom and hit it on the head a couple of times till it stopped moving.

I won't lie, even though the snake was tiny I was a bit scared. After killing it, I cleaned my whole house within minutes. Lol. Thank God I don't have much in the house, so there is really no hiding place. After clearing every corner, I poured sniper in every corner and went out. I just came back, hoping to meet a dead snake or something, but I guess that snake was the only one that came in.
OP lala is about 10 inches down there.....what do you mean that this long thing is 10 inches?

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by IamgratefulLord(f): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2020
Tmb78:
Is the pic of his living room there?
Did you read the complete story. He found the snake in his parlour. That's his parlour! angry tongue
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Why is your living room untidy?? angry tongue

There is practically nothing in my living room. That's why I was able to see and kill the snake so easily. No hiding place.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Uglygurl(f): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
A snake that you killed this morning has already decomposed to this extent. Just within 24hours.

You guys will be stealing dead snake pictures online to post on Nairaland so you can make front page.

Very disgusting and creepy pictures.

look closely,those things aren't flies to show that it has decomposed.
they are ants,(sugar ant) and it seems unusual.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
This one too small for Lala na. I doubt it can make FP.

Anyway that’s obviously a non-venomous grass snake. It’s no threat at all. You could have kept it as a pet or let it go on it’s own. Not everything must be killed.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Tunex252(m): 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
CaseSensitive:
This snake, my friend, is 100% a brown boomslang. A bite from that will result to bleeding from all orifices and a subsequent heavy internal bleeding if you don't seek a medical treatment on time. Its slow acting venom can buy you enough time to get help because unlike other venomous snake like mamba which can kill within 30 minutes to an hour. This one will only take your life within 2-4 days.
thanks for this, God save the op
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by potent5(m): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
Which wan b bush snake again? House snake nkọ?
iamDrRhymes:
I think it's a bush snake, not poisonous. Not sure though
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
toprealman:

OP lala is about 10 inches down there.....what do you mean that this long thing is 10 inches?

lol! I guess the camera angle made it look longer. Actually, I am 7 inches down there...that's how I was able to estimate how long the snake is from looking at it. It appeared just a few inches longer than my stuff.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by LordAzubuike(f): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
kiddoiLL:
You people need to stop spreading this wrong information that only Triangular shaped headed snakes are venomous.
That's a Boomslang, highly venomous, unlike other snakes if one gets bitten by a Boomslang, you'll not only have internal bleeding, but the victim would be bleeding from the eyes, nostrils and ears before it can get finally fatal.
You guys need to stop thing round headed snakes ain't dangerous
Yeah Mr professor. I never knew boomslangs came in that kind of colour. I also never had an idea their eyes were like that.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by IamgratefulLord(f): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
Biodun1929:

There is practically nothing in my living room. That's why I was able to see and kill the snake so easily. No hiding place.
I know that, the colour of the floor tiles looks dirty angry tongue .
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by FutureFocus: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
Biodun1929:

Bro, I have better things to do with my time/life than make up stories. After killing the snake, I took it outside, and I went straight to clean my house. I came back about an hour later to find ants all over it. That's when I took the pictures.

you saw the innocent snake in your house and you killed it, why? the heart of a man is cruel and full of wickedness, a homeless snake for that matter.
you threw a broom at it, as if that wasn't enough, you stamped it severally and squeezed life out of a fellow creature!

healed the world! make it a better place for me and for you bro.
how do you want the snake relations to feel now? like his cousins , uncles and parent?
huh!
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
mehn dats why i hate keeping junks in my room.if my room is overfilled with junks i dont need i either give them out or burn them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
I know that, the colour of the floor tiles looks dirty angry tongue .

That's not my house. That's outside...on a cemented floor where I placed the snake after killing it...does that look like tiles to you?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Lordkratus(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
praiseneo:
That looks like a black mamba
exactly my thought. That dude is beyond lucky
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Make una dey practice neatness, una no go gree. Una go dey wait for your-ever-busy wives and girlfriends to come and clean for una.

You killed it and cleaned your rooms immediately with sniper

So where did those insects feeding on that unfortunate snake carcass came from? I don't mean that you are dirty oohh, but I am sure that something in your compound that should not be there attracted the snake to your rooms.

too much jagajugu and other non needed items in his room obviously cheesy.na such things go bring snakes and rats into ur room grin.a man dont need to wait for gwenfwend or fiancee before he cleans his room cheesy.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Qadaffi2idiamin: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
I know Lala very well.. He does not eat dead meat.

Kill fresh snake.. Corona snake festival is around the corner.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by NairaMaster1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
Biodun1929:

Common mamba, you're writing epistles like kyari versus coro.

But, thank God

Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
donnie:
Those ants got no chill. shocked

lol! They didn't waste time at all. In fact, they were more than that. I had to slam cutlass on them a few times, till some dispersed and I was able to take a clearer picture of the snake.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2020
Thegoodone13:
Using leg to kill it is a risk.

I know...but that was the best I could do at the time. There was nothing in sight (apart from the broom I already threw at it), and I didn't want it to get out of sight while I go to look for what to use on it...that would have ben worse, don't you think?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
CaseSensitive:
This snake, my friend, is 100% a brown boomslang. A bite from that will result to bleeding from all orifices and a subsequent heavy internal bleeding if you don't seek a medical treatment on time. Its slow acting venom can buy you enough time to get help because unlike other venomous snake like mamba which can kill within 30 minutes to an hour, this one will take your life within 2-4 days.

OP if you can't distinguish between a specie of snake from the other, DO NOT attempt to stamp on a snake again. You are very lucky this time around and if you try it again, especially if its a mamba on a sunny day when the snake is charged up. It might just be the last thing you do on earth.

Okay. Thanks for this info. I pray never to encounter it again.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2020
bikefab:
You stamped on a snake with your foot? Weldone

I had no other option. Either that or risk it running into my kitchen to hide. Besides, the leather sleepers I had on has heavy soles.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2020
joyfullyjoyous:
There's a plant that wards off snakes. If possible u may plant it in your compound as members of it's family may be close by.

Thank you. I will look into that.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
kiddoiLL:
OP you're very very lucky, thank your God...
You stamped on a boomslang with your feet?
you saw it as a small snake and harmless abi?

That's a Boomslang, they're called Tree snakes also because their hiding places are on trees, they're tiny so the can easily camouflage with branches and twigs without being spotted.
Boomslangs are among Africa's highest venomous snake, so next time please don't be stupid enough to think you can attack any snake with your feet.
You got lucky this time. Thank your God once again.
The stuffs I've seen on Nat Geo Wild bout this snake ain't something you'd want to go through.
Peace

But are you sure it is a Boomslang? It is brown, and has some darker patches of brown in different parts of its body.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning by Biodun1929(m): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
pacificom:
This is an Adult female Boomslang. It hardly attack human, only hangout to feed on rodents, lizard, and birds. But the vernom is highly toxic to human when bitten, and can kill victims within an hour after deadly symptoms.

Within an hour? I thought someone said its venom kills within 2-4 days?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Large Python Killed At Akuora Obosi In Anambra State / Is This A House Snake? / Reverend Father Uche Felix Dies In Accident On His Way Back From Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.