Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (58335 Views)

Lockdown: US Destroys Tons Of Food As Farmer Can’t Get Buyers / Ghanaian Man On A Mission To Consume A Basin Of Food "Battling For His Life" / Drunk Man Ordered For 11 Plates Of Food Mistakenly (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by ifeconwamama247: 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
Oven dry meat.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Kokaine(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
This is not the time to waste money. Because after this plague the economies of the world will be so strained that there may be serious inflation in prices and availability of commodities

5 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by MRV101(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Garri
Beans
They are affordable and they last more.

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Reference(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
No need for this. Nigeria cannot be locked down. The country simply doesn't have the resources to halt all activities for any considerable length of time.

Anyway no country has stopped the availability of essential commodities of which food is prime. No even China or Italy.

3 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Investnownow: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
Beans
Yam
Rice
Garri
should be in good supply.
#donoteatout
#stayathome
#healthiswealth
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by edoairways: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
Staple food like Rice, cassava flake, yams.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Suspect33(m): 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
mymadam:
Gari Smoked fish Tomato puree (with pepper & onion) Ground pepper Rice Eggs
this one na ajebutter, eggs and smoked fish

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Neoteny7: 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

My beer and my weed
Nothing can separate me from my beer and weed

You're still doing this damn niggah shiit?

5 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Swingate(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Not more than 20% if families can stock up food supplies to last for two weeks in Nigeria now, most families survive on what they make daily.
If you go round you can count how many families that have a bag of rice at home right now. The government must be proactive to ensure people don't starve this partial lock down that may change soon. I see a lot of things happening in the next few days if we don't prepare. God bless Nigeria

[

3 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Kokaine(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
For the gym guys you should buy your own dumb bells. You really need a lot of pushups this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by seunmohmoh(f): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
Suspect33:
There cannot be a lockdown in a country like ours because the effect will be worse than the corona virus itself, the level of fear in the land sef is way more than the effect of the corona, people be acting like the world is ending next week, your panic makes matters worse
You'll be surprised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
Irish Cream.
Carton of Indomie.
Mayonnaise.
5 loaves of bread refrigerated.
1 paint bucket of Garri.
2 paint buckets of Beans.
2 paint buckets of Rice.
Dried Pepper.
Alot of onions.
Salt.
Jerry Can of Palm oil.
Dried Ginger.
Garlic.
Grinded Crayfish X 2 mayonnaise bottles.
Carton of Biscuits.
Corn Pap.
Fresh fruits.

Rolls of Bathing Soap.
Tubes of Body Cream.
Matches.
Filled Gas cylinder.
Perfume.
Tooth paste X 2 tubes.

What else ?

Obrigado.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Suspect33(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
seunmohmoh:
You'll be surprised.
over what

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by back2sender: 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
Suspect33:
There cannot be a lockdown in a country like ours because the effect will be worse than the corona virus itself, the level of fear in the land sef is way more than the effect of the corona, people be acting like the world is ending next week, your panic makes matters worse
If no lockdown how do you intend to Control it? It was lockdown that helped China to control thiers

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

My beer and my weed
Nothing can separate me from my beer and weed

Is the supplier not going to run out of stuff before the end of this #stayhome fiesta?
Just a little wonder how you gonna stay high throughout this time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Happyguy201: 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
i wish our useless and greedy government can share money for all Nigerians in this desperate times because it will help alot of people who are mostly out of work or cannot afford to survive in this period of time . shame to buhari ., the mallam cares more about COWS than his people
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by nextstep(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yam, palm oil, garri, egusi, dried fish, crayfish and salt.

I can survive with these in different combinations for 1 month. If I was in charge of an emergency food bank for a city, these are my top picks.

If you want to be extravagant, add dried onion, tinned tomato, elubo, kuli kuli. Simple, relatively cheap, and nutritious. If the season is right, grow some veggies in my backyard.

You don't need rice or spag. No need for bread, sugar, or tea. Indomie is quite salty (high sodium) and not wholesomely nutritious in my opinion, and can be dangerous to your health over a long-term.

Rice has little fiber and is horrendously expensive per kg. Same with spag. Don't need beef or any other meats.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by seunmohmoh(f): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Suspect33:
over what
A surprise lockdown.

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by mymadam(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Suspect33:
this one na ajebutter, eggs and smoked fish

grin Ha, ha, ha... chai, ajebutter ke? The smoked fish na dat local one for open market wey Yoruba dey call 'eja yiyan'. (cost: N200 - N400)
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
White garri and sugar

Carton of indomie

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Doctordogood(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
Let's pray and hope that God will in His infinite mercy rescue us from this pandemic. There is no amount of food that you will stock/store for your households consumption that will not finish if this pandemic persist for donkey months not to talk of years. Let's pray tenaciously that this global menace that is ravaging world economy and killing mankind like fouls comes to an END quickly.....

3 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Suspect33(m): 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
back2sender:

If no lockdown how do you intend to Control it? It was lockdown that helped China to control thiers
wow, you want to compare China, the fastest growing and second largest economy in the world to Nigeria, bro if you have fund to stock up, stock up and lock yourself inside house, not everyone has the same privilege

6 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
free2ryhme:

beans
Won't beans consume so much of your gas. You could run out of gas sooner than you expected.

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by geezynoni: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
Oluwaseunbandur:
Let's just hope it doesn't get up to this
It will
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Mutemenot(m): 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
Men 're no joking

4 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by baby124: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Matrimonous:

Won't beans consume so much of your gas. You could run out of gas sooner than you expected.
You can soak the beans overnight. It will be soft in the morning and you can easily cook it

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Suspect33(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
seunmohmoh:
A surprise lockdown.
and you'd be surprised over the effects of the lockdown, that's if Nigerians even cooperate

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Akanoaaa(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Oluwaseunbandur:
Let's just hope it doesn't get up to this

It has!!!
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Indomie is killing it. People were buying cartons of the stuff
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Suspect33(m): 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mutemenot:
Men 're no joking
First pics is not Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
Raw Yam, rice, gari, beans, potatoes, plantains, dried fish and smoked snake meat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Onion I Bought For N30 and N50 Here In Portharcourt. / Suspect Paraded With Dead Poultry Meat He Picks From River To Sell In Maiduguri / Check Out This N4.6million Naira Barbeque Fish (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.