Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,807 members, 7,798,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST - Business (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST (452066 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / USPS Package Delivery Problems / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Gjokekid: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
[quote
SendAbroad:

If I may ask, what challenges do you have...I've been there before, it's just a small container set up.

my package i sent from washington have been hanging in custom inb for weeks now and the receiver is as lazy as shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Gjokekid: 5:43am On Jun 28, 2019
guys guess what the receiver paid the nipost lady who deliver the package 10k for custom fee which is a scam i'm like what shes a dullard
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by doziej84: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
Pls, who knows if EMS can be able to deliver a document to the USA in 2 weeks?

who has used Aramex? are they reliable?...I saw a price of 12,718k for <1kg documents

I need to get documents to the USA, but I don't want a courier that'll dig a hole in my pocket while doing so...other suggestions are welcome
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 12:23am On Jul 04, 2019
doziej84:

Pls, who knows if EMS can be able to deliver a document to the USA in 2 weeks?

who has used Aramex? are they reliable?...I saw a price of 12,718k for <1kg documents

I need to get documents to the USA, but I don't want a courier that'll dig a hole in my pocket while doing so...other suggestions are welcome
... ems is better and cheaper and if u looking for fast and reliable courier. use FedEx or UPS
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by doziej84: 1:32am On Jul 04, 2019
yomzy4cool:
... ems is better and cheaper and if u looking for fast and reliable courier. use FedEx or UPS

how much is fedex or ups?

EMS is charging 15K to send documents that weigh less than 0.5kg
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by The10thMan(m): 6:47am On Jul 04, 2019
NIPOST (EMS) PARCEL RECEIVER FEES

I have ordered certain equipment and items for an ongoing business venture through Ali Express and it was delivered at the Victoria Island Post Office.

I usually get calls or text messages from NIPOST personnel informing me about the arrival/delivery of the goods. However, the Post Office Officials keep demanding for a 'fee' and claiming they establish the fee based on the weight of the goods. Now these fees are not officially receipted and no document is issued by these NIPOST staff. At least something to show that as a public servant, they have legally collected money from a citizen for approved administrative services and for the citizen to show he/she has paid a service fee to the Government.

Recently, I have had a lot of arguments with them on this. The worry is, if one refuses to pay, they might mark one's name and goods, then frustrate future efforts at importing anything. This money they ask for is seemingly illegal. Funny thing is they even send SMS to notify you of the parcel and the fee they expect you to pay.

Who else experiences this at the Nigerian Postal Service? What I try to do is negotiate what ever the NIPOST Staff are asking for, the moment it goes above 500 Naira.

Are there better ways of handling this?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by peteregwu(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
The10thMan:

I have ordered certain equipment and items for an ongoing business venture through Ali Express and it was delivered at the Victoria Island Post Office.

I usually get calls or text messages from NIPOST personnel informing me about the arrival/delivery of the goods. However, the Post Office Officials keep demanding for a 'fee' and claiming they establish the fee based on the weight of the goods. Now these fees are not officially receipted and no document is issued by these NIPOST staff. At least something to show that as a public servant, they have legally collected money from a citizen for approved administrative services and for the citizen to show he/she has paid a service fee to the Government.

Recently, I have had a lot of arguments with them on this. The worry is, if one refuses to pay, they might mark one's name and goods, then frustrate future efforts at importing anything. This money they ask for is seemingly illegal. Funny thing is they even send SMS to notify you of the parcel and the fee they expect you to pay.

Who else experiences this at the Nigerian Postal Service? What I try to do is negotiate what ever the NIPOST Staff are asking for, the moment is goes above 500 Naira.

Although I have ordered for any large or heavy items through Aliexpress; what I have been ordering and getting it from post office is just SD cards and other phone accessories. All I have been paying is N100, N200 For each item. I have not paid above that anyway.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2019
doziej84:

how much is fedex or ups?

EMS is charging 15K to send documents that weigh less than 0.5kg
.... well I don't know how much , u can go there make enquiry about that
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
The10thMan:

Who else experiences this at the Nigerian Postal Service? What I try to do is negotiate what ever the NIPOST Staff are asking for, the moment it goes above 500 Naira.

....trust me there are no better way to handle this ,u just have to negotiate price with them , and u know naija now , everyone is looking for an avenue to generate money for themselves ...this stuff has been going on for a long time. u can't do anything about it , u just need to negotiate with them , that's all u can do and if u argue too much trust me , u won't like what they will do to u and ur package , cos th hustle is real , is better u don't use them as courier or u deal with them gently , am talking from experience , the oga at the top knows bout it , so what else ...bro just handle things gently with them .... good day
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by RCDIY(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
The10thMan:

It's official, bro. I mean the fee based on weight. It's called handling charges.
Here in Abuja, you'd get a receipt for it (in recent times).
You just need to be sure what the charges are for segments of weight and insist on receipts.
But don't sweat it, bro. You need your item. It'd be unfortunate for them to make your life difficult for nothing

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by misB: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2019
Hello. Please does anyone know how much Nipost charge to send a parcel of about 12kg from Nigeria to Melbourne, Australia. How long it will take to be delivered? Thanks
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 2:51am On Jul 12, 2019
misB:
Hello. Please does anyone know how much Nipost charge to send a parcel of about 12kg from Nigeria to Melbourne, Australia. How long it will take to be delivered? Thanks
.please don't even try that and nipost is not reliable at all and beside the amount they will charge u is gonna be outrageous , I will advice u to find a better courier , that will be safe and reliable
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by SendAbroad: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
misB:

We'll send your 12kg to Australia for N105,228 takes about 5-6 working days.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Adayoung(f): 1:51am On Jul 13, 2019
Pls, has anyone successfully sent food stuff to Uk via Nipost ? How long did it take and what are the charges
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 10:58am On Jul 13, 2019
Adayoung:
Pls, has anyone successfully sent food stuff to Uk via Nipost ? How long did it take and what are the charges
....it's depend on the content , why can't u just take ur food items to nacho office and they will move it for u , safer and cheaper , without stress , if only u live in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by FreeTHINKER98(m): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
tribalfunds:
Good evening please help me my parcel was received in Airport muritala Muhammed Lagos since October 16, 2018 and it was Ilorin address is on the parcel and since I haven't received the parcel and it was sent from Florida through USPS COURIER SERVICE.
is there any help or assistance
This is my tracking number {UH013775353US}

Hello bro,

Did you eventually get your parcel and how did you get it?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by FreeTHINKER98(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2019
Eedrisgibson:
Please o I need your help guys a package was sent to me from the US since November and I’ve still not gotten it yet all it says is in transit to next facility to be delivered to final destination someone should please help me out here this is the tracking number UH014497979us thanks.

Pls, where you able to get your parcel and how pls, I'm facing similar issue
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Tchitchi: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
FreeTHINKER98:

Pls, where you able to get your parcel and how pls, I'm facing similar issue
what problem are you facing
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by FreeTHINKER98(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Tchitchi:
what problem are you facing

The item left Lagos since last Tuesday and its still in transit till now. I've been to the post office, they say they don't have it yet.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Larrygaga2019: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2019
Vernonk:
Pls I'm baffled here and im kinda lost ,a package was sent to been since 4th of December,at some point it stopped at Morocco,Casablanca for almost 2 weeks till it finally got to Nigeria and ever since it got to Nigeria ,the last thing the tracking keeps showing up till date is " departed LAGOS,NIGERIA ...in trasit to destination " I'm sill yet to receive the package . I've been to nipost and they said it hasn't arrived yet ...

Pls I'm lost ,I need some good news .... here's the tracking number EH004689529US

Please did you finally receive your package I’m having the same issue
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
well guys any parcel with UH is kinda hard to get , u have to exercise patience , and if what is inside the package is valuable , it's 50 /50 chance , cos once the package get to Nigeria. u won't be able to track it , just keep checking at that post office ... thank u
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2019
yomzy4cool:
well guys any parcel with UH is kinda hard to get , u have to exercise patience , and if what is inside the package is valuable , it's 50 /50 chance , cos once the package get to Nigeria. u won't be able to track it , just keep checking at that post office ... thank u

I hail what you are doing here, bro. Thanks for all your efforts.

A package was mailed to me from Gardena, CA on the 16th with tracking # EZ024328524US - the last update on it was the 17th. The thing is, I need to receive this package within the next one week because of its intended purpose. Do you think this is possible? The delivery was said to be 3-5 business days.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2019
keneguae:

I hail what you are doing here, bro. Thanks for all your efforts.

A package was mailed to me from Gardena, CA on the 16th with tracking # EZ024328524US - the last update on it was the 17th. The thing is, I need to receive this package within the next one week because of its intended purpose. Do you think this is possible? The delivery was said to be 3-5 business days.
.... it's possible bro , if custom no hold am and if the sender did custom declaration ... well I don't think that package can have problem ...it's gonna be a smooth sailing ... cos it's express mail class

2 Likes

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
yomzy4cool:
.... it's possible bro , if custom no hold am and if the sender did custom declaration ... well I don't think that package can have problem ...it's gonna be a smooth sailing ... cos it's express mail class

Yes, custom declaration was done. It was sent on the 16th, but it seems it's yet to arrive Nigeria because I just left EMS office in my city a few minutes ago. I need to receive it not later than the 27th July or yawa go dey for me one kind. I was of the impression that 3-5 business days means just that.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
keneguae:

Yes, custom declaration was done. It was sent on the 16th, but it seems it's yet to arrive Nigeria because I just left EMS office in my city a few minutes ago. I need to receive it not later than the 27th July or yawa go dey for me one kind. I was of the impression that 3-5 business days means just that.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
keneguae:

.... well to be honest with u , u can't give that items in 5 days , it's gonna be in space of two weeks ,but I know u will surely get it , but I really can't say when , due to customs and logistic issues , but I just pray it fall in when u need it ...tank u

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
yomzy4cool:
.... well to be honest with u , u can't give that items in 5 days , it's gonna be in space of two weeks ,but I know u will surely get it , but I really can't say when , due to customs and logistic issues , but I just pray it fall in when u need it ...tank u
please how do i know if my package is with the customs and kindly help track this RB784163968SG... its next office states yaba instead of agege
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 23, 2019
yomzy4cool:

Alright, bro. Thank you for your re-assurance. I will get you updated once I receive it.

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by joungblood(m): 8:45am On Jul 24, 2019
Please i need help from y'all, parcel sent to me tru usps going to 3 weeks now, it finally landed Nigeria n yet not delivered to me over 1week now and when I tracked my code it says missed delivery that delivery scheduled for another day, it has been saying this going to a week, I don't even get any calls or emails, please where is the usps office in lagos so I can go there myself to collect my package, or any phone number I can call, I have searched the web n i can't find anything.. Please u can also reach me on 08125670754 thanks

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
joungblood:
Please i need help from y'all, parcel sent to me tru usps going to 3 weeks now, it finally landed Nigeria n yet not delivered to me over 1week now and when I tracked my code it says missed delivery that delivery scheduled for another day, it has been saying this going to a week, I don't even get any calls or emails, please where is the usps office in lagos so I can go there myself to collect my package, or any phone number I can call, I have searched the web n i can't find anything.. Please u can also reach me on 08125670754 thanks

According to what has been said here, you have to go to your nearest Nipost/EMS to pick it up yourself. USPS do not have any office in Nigeria, they only liaise with Nipost/EMS.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by joungblood(m): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ok thank you
keneguae:

According to what has been said here, you have to go to your nearest Nipost/EMS to pick it up yourself. USPS do not have any office in Nigeria, they only liaise with Nipost/EMS.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by yomzy4cool(m): 1:10am On Jul 25, 2019
segunmelvin:
please how do i know if my package is with the customs and kindly help track this RB784163968SG... its next office states yaba instead of agege
.. hello bro I tracked the above tracking number. ur items is available for pick up , at ur nearest nipost office , just go there with ur ID and get ur package

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (106) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.