Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST (453016 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / USPS Package Delivery Problems / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
National ID, sender's name and location, etc...everything that might be needed to trace it
Ok. I'm much grateful. May you walk and never stumble.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Ok. I'm much grateful. May you walk and never stumble.
You are welcome sir
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by gsparks01(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2013
I want to ship via ems but after reading cases of tampering on this thread, am afraid o! Any advice please? Is it safe now?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by gsparks01(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
Why no reply again
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
gsparks01: I want to ship via ems but after reading cases of tampering on this thread, am afraid o! Any advice please? Is it safe now?
do it at your own risk. you might be lucky
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Chiadikaobi(m): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
mavinc4u:
do it at your own risk. you might be lucky

Why not use NIPOST....think they are really trying,am ever ready to use them over and over again

Where do you reside?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by gsparks01(m): 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
Chiadikaobi:

Why not use NIPOST....think they are really trying,am ever ready to use them over and over again

Where do you reside?
I stay in Jos. I was actually referring to Nipost
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Chiadikaobi(m): 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
gsparks01: I stay in Jos. I was actually referring to Nipost

Use nipost......they av improved

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Chaychey: 8:19am On Aug 15, 2013
Hello, don't know if this is relevant on this thread, I'll just complain anyways.

I ordered for a payoneer master card, and it's being addressed to my house. For the second time I have still not received it. Don't know what to do. Assistance please.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by greggng: 4:26am On Aug 16, 2013
someone said he posted a letter to china please track it here . http://www.nipost.gov.ng/Track_Confirm.aspx

since it has nigeria tracking number.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by greggng: 4:50am On Aug 16, 2013
If you use ikoyi i guess i have once collected a royalmail package from there. is close to efcc office. try ask anyone around. your item should be there.Items that are insured are never stolen. If you fail to see them , i have a way of knowing the status. Someone in the past wanted to play a fast one on me but an insider at shomolu post office helped me to confirm that the item has been picked. with that info i confronted the receiver and he was ashamed i caught him .some people from nahco do help on issues like missing items. i was shown the date, time and signature of the receiver and he cant deny it.

Let me warn that if the item is gotten through fraudulent means like guys shopping on ebay without paying the seller, it might be seized on the request of the seller.In that case you might be arrest in the process of trying to find out about the item. But if you are legit you can never lose your stuff.On the guy that gave another person his tracking to confirm where his item is, if is a fraudulent item, consider it gone. but if is legit,you can pursue it to any length and i can help you
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by smartluvu(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2013
Nipost has changed nothing...ordered 10 packages got 2(E5,samsung ),6 changed(phones,laptop,notebook,nintendo game) 2 not found... Someone says it might get stolen if it was not done in a legit way n m askin masef even if it was shopped is it rightful fr d postal service staffs to open a package n change or remove or withhold what's in it.. Nigeria nipost just sucks.. This case is jus like u sendn a lil boy to give ur wallet to a frnd in d next house and after 20mins ur frnd is callin u to tell u he hasn't received it or thr was notin inside it (now look at this,even if u both stole the wallet) hw would u xlain that ? Does that mean d boy has every right to open d wallet talk d less of takin d money n delivering empty wallet to that ur friend or even run away with d wallet n d next time u see him he's tellin u he misplaced it.. How bad this sounds.. Pls let's not encourage this postal service ppl whr they r been wrong.. They have to be blamed no matter what if d package was done in a legit way or not as if money was nt involved in d process (just saying) so whose d postal staff to deny someone of his package... I just pray ma transcript I sent via EMS should get to it final destination..

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by gsparks01(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2013
smartluvu: Nipost has changed nothing...ordered 10 packages got 2(E5,samsung ),6 changed(phones,laptop,notebook,nintendo game) 2 not found... Someone says it might get stolen if it was not done in a legit way n m askin masef even if it was shopped is it rightful fr d postal service staffs to open a package n change or remove or withhold what's in it.. Nigeria nipost just sucks.. This case is jus like u sendn a lil boy to give ur wallet to a frnd in d next house and after 20mins ur frnd is callin u to tell u he hasn't received it or thr was notin inside it (now look at this,even if u both stole the wallet) hw would u xlain that ? Does that mean d boy has every right to open d wallet talk d less of takin d money n delivering empty wallet to that ur friend or even run away with d wallet n d next time u see him he's tellin u he misplaced it.. How bad this sounds.. Pls let's not encourage this postal service ppl whr they r been wrong.. They have to be blamed no matter what if d package was done in a legit way or not as if money was nt involved in d process (just saying) so whose d postal staff to deny someone of his package... I just pray ma transcript I sent via EMS should get to it final destination..
which state?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by kayusmoney: 9:20am On Sep 09, 2013
Can anyone help help with this?I have been expecting a parcel from from US..I kept tracking it everyday,the parcel should have been here by now but I don't know what is wrong,this is taking more time than my expectation..It is just one iphone5 and a new sim card in the parcel,the parcel is been sent via USPS(Priority Mail international parcels) My tracking number start with with CW...........US. This is what I have been getting when I tracked it till this moment.

Your Item Status:
Your item was processed through our ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) facility on August 18, 2013 at 8:01 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

- Arrived at Sort Facility, August 18, 2013, 8:01 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
- Dispatched to Sort Facility, August 13, 2013, 6:09 pm, ROCHESTER, NY 14692
- Acceptance, August 13, 2013, 5:46 pm, ROCHESTER, NY 14692
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Chiadikaobi(m): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
kayusmoney:

Your Item Status:
Your item was processed through our ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) facility on August 18, 2013 at 8:01 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Your item was processed and sent out on aug 18.

Its on its way to Nigeria or rather,try checking the post-office to confirm.

Because some goods will show "on transit" when tracked but its already @ its destination.

Have you tracked that via Nipost site too? Just google-search Nipost tracker and follow the first link

Goodluck
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by smartluvu(m): 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
gsparks01: which state?

Ekiti
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Madametrendy(f): 12:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Pls house help me decode this info. 'receive item at office of exchange NGLOSA' that is what i got while tracking my order.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 12:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Madame trendy: Pls house help me decode this info. 'receive item at office of exchange NGLOSA' that is what i got while tracking my order.
NG- Nigeria
LOS- Lagos

I don't know the A but it is not at the destination yet. Where is the closest post office to your address?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by demmyboy1(m): 3:32am On Sep 10, 2013
I need help pls, i sent a mail through USPS since the 27th of August and i am the receiver is yet to receive it in Nigeria. Although i have read that tracking number starting with LC usually give problem but i never knew this until i sent the package. The information i could gather from the tracking goes thus:

LC4********8US

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60666 facility on August 29, 2013 at 11:54 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

August 29, 2013, 11:54 pm

CHICAGO, IL 60666

International Letter

Depart USPS Sort Facility
August 28, 2013

CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
August 27, 2013, 10:44 pm

CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Dispatched to Sort Facility

August 27, 2013, 5:49 pm
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20784
Acceptance

August 27, 2013, 2:05 pm

HYATTSVILLE, MD 20784

I keep getting this information whenever i track the item,i am a bit confused because this is an important document that needs to be received ASAP. pls any one with idea or experience should pls shed more light to this matter.im lost
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by kayusmoney: 5:05am On Sep 10, 2013
Thanks so much,I tracked this morning at USPS site..I got the information my parcel has been cleared by Nigeria custom,hopefully I should be able to receive it before Friday..Seems there hope now...
Your Item Status:
Your item was processed through a facility in NIGERIA on September 9, 2013 at 10:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

- Customs Clearance, September 9, 2013, 10:59 am, NIGERIA
- Processed Through Sort Facility, August 18, 2013, 8:01 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
- Arrived at Sort Facility, August 18, 2013, 8:01 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
- Dispatched to Sort Facility, August 13, 2013, 6:09 pm, ROCHESTER, NY 14692
- Acceptance, August 13, 2013, 5:46 pm, ROCHESTER, NY 14692

Your item was processed and sent out on aug 18.

Its on its way to Nigeria or rather,try checking the post-office to confirm.

Because some goods will show "on transit" when tracked but its already @ its destination.

Have you tracked that via Nipost site too? Just google-search Nipost tracker and follow the first link

Goodluck[/quote]
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Madametrendy(f): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
NG- Nigeria
LOS- Lagos

I don't know the A but it is not at the destination yet. Where is the closest post office to your address?
Am in kd. Does it mean that the my order is still on transit or that is where it's going to be.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 10:59am On Sep 10, 2013
If you put your address as KD, then the package is in transit, it will come to KD, just wait for it
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Madametrendy(f): 11:59am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44: If you put your address as KD, then the package is in transit, it will come to KD, just wait for it
Thanks, that is really helpful.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Madame trendy:
Thanks, that is really helpful.
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Enddysun(f): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,

what is the cheapest and reliable way to send a sizeable package from the US to Nigeria? any advice will help.
THANK YOU!
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2013
Enddysun: Hello Everyone,

what is the cheapest and reliable way to send a sizeable package from the US to Nigeria? any advice will help.
THANK YOU!

cheapest or safest?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by patmario(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
chux76: I have been using USPS to ship things from the USA for almost a year now and I have not had any reason to regret using them. When you ship an item,you are given a CUSTOMS RECEIPT NUMBER which is usually 13 digits which could begin with either EG,EC,LC,RW,CW,CP, etc. with which you can consistently check the status of your shipped item on their website: www.usps.com
The only time I have not received my items was when the tracking code/customs receipt number begins with LC,this tracking code has cost me many items which I have not being able to track or receive,so I'll advice when shipping with USPS use PRIORITY MAIL PARCELS INTERNATIONAL and insist on CP tracking code and you will surely get your item at NIPOST.
As to pilfering by NIPOST,I can authoritatively tell you that it is a THING OF THE PAST NOW. I have had very expensive Cameras,Phones,Camcorders,Laptops and Even PS3's shipped from the US using USPS and received at NIPOST and i received them in top shape. Recently i bought a brand new LENOVO THINKPAD T510 Laptop that sells for $1700,I asked the shipper to use USPS PRIORITY MAIL PARCELS and the shipping cost without insurance was $79.50,and I received the Laptop in tip top shape and within 6-10 business days as stated on their website. Although there has been sometimes when items are delayed for maybe 3 or 4 days but that is always from USPS delay at clearing it at customs for international shipment.
I say using USPS and NIPOST for me is a very " BEST" option for my business.
. Sorry does it mean if my tracking code starts with L I'll not see the item again? cos I recently order sth 4rm the US and my tracking code starts wit LN
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Mynd44: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
patmario: . Sorry does it mean if my tracking code starts with L I'll not see the item again? cos I recently order sth 4rm the US and my tracking code starts wit LN
The handling companies NAHCO and SACHO are on lockdown right now which means nothing enters the country and nothing leaves via the Lagos exchange. You might have to wait before you packed gets anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by brine(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2013
Seeing this thread and posts in it,I have officially launched a sober mood for my Iphone4 which USPS website claims its still on transit.

I paid someone in the US to get and ship a phone for me and its been over 3weeks yet on USPS website it shows its still on transit. This is an item that was supposed to take less than 10days because it was sent as priority mail.

Should I give up,go to a post office near by to file a complaint or just keep praying

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (106) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.