Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? (1992 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / Things God Could Have Preserved To Prove The Truth Of The Bible / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
I was reading a thread in which someone said somethings I found ludicrous . When I went through his argument I was perplexed by how a rational human would drop these unreasonable points as an evidence for the existence of god!

Let me quote this author

Jeromejnr:
I have been seeing some deluded Athiest on here bashing religion and saying things like all religions (especially Christianity) are waiting for scientists to find a cure then they will thank God instead of the scientists.

First of all, many of those scientists are Christian's.

Secondly, most of the drugs you enjoy today were discovered by Christians e.g. Penicillin.

Thirdly, Hospitals were first founded by Christians.

Fourthly, United States were most of these cures come from was founded by strong Christian fathers who gave the country a good foundation.

Lastly, Athiests enjoy the benefits of Christian prayers today (although they don't know it). Because of this, most of them are still alive. But with that same breath, they choose to curse God.

So the question is, what has Athiesm contributed to the world?

https://www.nairaland.com/5753302/uba-bank-ebeano-estate-enugu

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:
I was reading a thread in which someone said somethings I found ludicrous . When I went through his argument I was perplexed by how a rational human would drop these unreasonable points as an evidence for the existence of god!

Let me quote this author

https://www.nairaland.com/5753302/uba-bank-ebeano-estate-enugu
what do you wanna know exactly?

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Shelumiel: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nice question. Now what has athesim contributed to mankind other than irrationality and foolishness?

4 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
southniyikaye:
what do you wanna know exactly?

OP is confused.

2 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
[s]First of all, many of those scientists are Christian's.[/s]

How did the poster know most of them were believers ? He probably just conjured a survey in his mind and jumped straight to conclusions.

He definitely doesn’t know that science doesn’t care if you’re a believer or not, Just follow the data from your experiment.

No scientist ever goes into his or her laboratory with their bible as a guide!

9 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Bluezy13(m): 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
He finally brought this nonsense here.

Sir Isaac Newton was an Atheist.
Pythagoras was an Atheist.
Pluto was an Atheist.
Galileo was an Atheist.
Albert Einstein was an Atheist.

They were all Occultists.
Now without them, how would the world look like now that you are enjoying their contributions

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
Shelumiel:
Nice question. Now what has athesim contributed to mankind other than irrationality and foolishness?

Atheism is just lack of belief nothing nor nothing less.
Atheism has no tenets or dogma, and atheism cannot tell you what is right. Most of the atheist here simply don’t believe in god because there’s no enough evidence to support the claim of god.

The only positive thing I’ve seen atheism contributing for the benefit of mankind is

Well it helped us abolish divine laws like slavery, rape, genocide etc.

It would be childish for me to bring about atheist scientist and their discovery

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by LordReed(m): 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:
[s]First of all, many of those scientists are Christian's.[/s]

How did the poster know most of them were believers ? He probably just conjured a survey in his mind and jumped straight to conclusions.

He definitely doesn’t know that science doesn’t care if you’re a believer or not, Just follow the data from your experiment.

No scientist ever goes into his or her laboratory with their bible as a guide!

Exactly, the scientist's faith or lack thereof has no bearing on the results he will obtain the lab. No matter how you pray or don't pray, when hydrogen and oxygen mix they combine to form water.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Shelumiel: 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:

Atheism is just lack of belief nothing nor nothing less.
Atheism has no tenets or dogma, and atheism cannot tell you what is right. Most of the atheist here simply don’t believe in god because there’s no enough evidence to support the claim of god.

The only positive thing I’ve seen atheism contributing for the benefit of mankind is

Well it helped us abolish divine laws like slavery, rape, genocide etc.

It would be childish for me to bring about atheist scientist and their discovery
Baba, you be super liar. You dey talk without facts Abeg pack well.

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
[s]Secondly, most of the drugs you enjoy today were discovered by Christians e.g. Penicillin.
[/s]
well this guy just keeps making silly arguments. There was a time most scientist were Muslims that is why most stars name have Arabic origin , we also have names like Alcohol, Algebra etc.

note many of these scientist who were believers never took their religion to the lab.

Isaac newton (my favorite scientist) was a christian and an alchemist.
but it does not prove alchemy was true and this doesn't prove your god exist

2 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2020
Shelumiel:
please point them out
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
i am sorry i don't have time to debunk the third claim cause it senseless

[s]Fourthly, United States were most of these cures come from was founded by strong Christian fathers who gave the country a good foundation.
[/s]
This is literally a meaningless statement, i mean the constitution quite deliberately omits all mention of god, let alone JESUS. The declaration of independence mentions creation specifically, but it never says this creator intervenes.
most the people who wrote the decleration were DEIST not THEIST.
it is true to say that most believers in america are Christians, but that is a banal fact

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Hakeem12(m): 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
The question about what atheism has done for humanity is oddly phrased and a single answer can't suffice. What has religion done for humanity? Besides burning people at the stakes who didn't believe before, persecuting scientists, responsible for deaths of millions of people through crusades and jihads. Back to the question of what atheism has done for humanity.

I'd say that anything that advanced the human race made using a scientific approach must be the nearest answer. Science from its nature is non-theistic as it does not accept miracles or divine interventions. And although it was often funded by various religious groups throughout history as I've read about, it progresses without any need or references from any god.

Scientists come in various heights, colours, races:apart from the ones their god kept calling his people, and creeds. ODs are not required.

I believe that curiosity is the most important trait in humans. For thousands of years, people have questioned why things work the way they work. Why does the sun come out every morning? Why is the sky blue? Why does it rain? Many decided since they didn't know, it must be God's work. Others decided not to be so complacent and decided to research and come up with proven answers.

So to summarize, it's not about believing in religion or not. Its about not making religion make you complacent and stopping your curiosity. Religion teaches helplessness, Que sera sera- what will be, is what will be. Take the issue of coronavirus for instance, i haven't seen a single person that didn't get infected or die because the believed in a particular religion. Religion encourages foolishness, south Korea had 30 cases, untill someone decided to ignore government's warning and go to church leading to death of thousands. Pilgrims in Qom, Iran, believed they wouldn't be infected because they were at an holy site, Iran now has the fourth highest death toll. Italy has the highest death toll, over 6000 now and counting. I saw a tweet today of a particular pastor saying god is demonstrating his mightiness with the coronavirus. There are more than 400,000 infections as at today, and over 13000 deaths. Why does your god have to kill people to show his mightiness? Your religion couldn't stop the black death, couldn't stop the Spanish flu, it won't stop coronavirus. It will only slow down with lockdowns and vaccine discovery, nothing else. The head of the church responsible for the outbreak in south Korea is now being charged with murder.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Bluezy13(m): 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2020
Shelumiel:

Occultism is Atheistic.
So...

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
HE HAD TO BRING THAT UP IN A NON-RELIGION THREAD. WHERE THERE WAS NOBODY TO PUT HIM RIGHT SO HE WENT ON TO CONFUSE GULLIBLE PEOPLE THE MORE.

THE ENTIRE POST WAS SO SHAMEFUL. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:
[s]Secondly, most of the drugs you enjoy today were discovered by Christians e.g. Penicillin.
[/s]
well this guy just keeps making silly arguments. There was a time most scientist were Muslims that is why most stars name have Arabic origin , we also have names like Alcohol, Algebra etc.

note many of these scientist who were believers never took their religion to the lab.

Isaac newton (my favorite scientist) was a christian and an alchemist.
but it does not prove alchemy was true and this doesn't prove your god exist

WHEN MANY SCIENTISTS CLAIMED TO BE BELIEVERS, THEY DID SO TO SAVE THEIR LIVES.

PLEASE TAG THAT DULLARD TO SEE THIS.

WHEN GALILEO REFUSED TO TAKE BACK HIS WORDS THAT THE EARTH WAS ROUND AND THERE WERE OTHER PLANETS, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH EXECUTED HIM FOR HERESY, ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER RESEARCHERS.. SO MANY OF THEM HAD TO CLAIM TO BE CATHOLICS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES.

WHILE HE WENT ON TO SAY EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD CAME THROUGH CHRISTIANITY, HE FORGOT TO NAME ALAN THE FATHER OF COMPUTERS, THE ATHEIST GAY PERSON WHO WAS EXECUTED AS WELL. WHILE HAILING CHRISTIAN SCIENTISTS HE FORGOT THAT EVERYTHING SCIENCE DEFIES GOD 100%.

THAT POST WAS JUST EMBARRASSING, AND YOU CAN TELL FROM THE APPLAUSE HE HAS GOTTEN THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE SHEEP AS THEY DO NOT STUDY ANYTHING OUTSIDE THEIR BRAINWASHED HEADS AT ALL.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Funaki: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nobody is talking about Miraculous healing again. All they say now is how most scientists are Christians, they are praying for a cure blah blah blah. Their healing centers are shutting down. The G.O's stickers and anointing oil are no more effective. grin grin grin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
Shelumiel:

No mind that Guy.

They dont even know the meaning of Atheism.

Atheism isnt a lack of belief, it is a belief that there is no God period.

Agnostic would have been the right one for the definition he used.

That's why I dont bother debating most of these guys because they don't even understand their own foundation.

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
Jeromejnr:

No mind that Guy.

They dont even know the meaning of Atheism.

Atheism isnt a lack of belief, it is a belief that there is no God period.

Agnostic would have been the right one for the definition he used.

That's why I dont bother debating most of these guys because they don't even understand their own foundation.
you just proved you are a dunce other dunce would deny

agnosticism or Gnosticism are positions of knowledge!!!!
atheism, deism & theism are position of belief!

the truth is no one wants to argue with someone who believes that a donkey can talk, or a man a far eastern Palestine died and came back after 3 days or the same man is still coming back to pick them up for rapture

3 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:

you just proved you are a dunce other dunce would deny

agnosticism or Gnosticism are positions of knowledge!!!!
atheism, deism & theism are position of belief!

the truth is no one wants to argue with someone who believes that a donkey can talk, or a man a far eastern Palestine died and came back after 3 days or the same man is still coming back to pick them up for rapture

Sigh!

Mehn there are really so many unintelligent fellows out here.

They never comprehend before they are quick to reply.

You now ended it with the talking donkey cliche.

Which I can use against you based on what you believe. But I have done that on many here in the past. I don't have time to go over that again.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Sigh!

Mehn there are really so many unintelligent fellows out here.

They never comprehend before they are quick to reply.

You now ended it with the talking donkey cliche.

Which I can use against you based on what you believe. But I have done that on many here in the past. I don't have time to go over that again.
well there is nothing you can use against atheist cause we have no tenet or dogma
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by LordReed(m): 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
Funaki:
Nobody is talking about Miraculous healing again. All they say now is how most scientists are Christians, they are praying for a cure blah blah blah. Their healing centers are shutting down. The G.O's stickers and anointing oil are no more effective. grin grin grin.

I thought I will see a crowd of believers carry their anointing oil and boldly walk to the hospital quarantine zones and flush the coronavirus devil out. I guess coronavirus is not a devil that's why they don't want to do so.

4 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by kingxsamz(m): 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
The likes that post got shows that most Nairalanders are dumb.
Atheism has no mission whatsoever. It is not a religious group. Atheism is just the lack of belief of any god.
Those scientists who he claimed are Christians don't use prayers or faith to work, rather they use scientific methods to tackle issues or solve problems.
If a scientist is a Christian, he cannot implement his beliefs in his works, as his beliefs are uselsss, therefore he has to use logic.

Being a Christian or believing in God will not solve problems, what solves problems is the use of logic and the brain, I'm sure @ jeromejnr doesn't have one.

3 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by kingxsamz(m): 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
Shelumiel:

This shows you're not intelligent.
If you were, you wouldn't ask such childish question.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Funaki: 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordReed:

I thought I will see a crowd of believers carry their anointing oil and boldly walk to the hospital quarantine zones and flush the coronavirus devil out. I guess coronavirus is not a devil that's why they don't want to do so.

All na scam
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:
well there is nothing you can use against atheist cause we have no tenet or dogma

Well, if you know the meaning of dogma, I will argue Atheists have one.

For example, there are some things Atheists keep chanting over and over in their debates they all got from a book. I hear them all the time.

And yet they say they there is no dogma.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by kingxsamz(m): 11:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordReed:

Exactly, the scientist's faith or lack thereof has no bearing on the results he will obtain the lab. No matter how you pray or don't pray, when hydrogen and oxygen mix they combine to form water.

Most of these religious folks we have on Nairaland are dumb and ignorant, so they won't realize this fact.

2 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
kingxsamz:
The likes that post got shows that most Nairalanders are dumb.
Atheism has no mission whatsoever. It is not a religious group. Atheism is just the lack of belief of any god.
Those scientists who he claimed are Christians don't use prayers or faith to work, rather they use scientific methods to tackle issues or solve problems.
If a scientist is a Christian, he cannot implement his beliefs in his works, as his beliefs are uselsss, therefore he has to use logic.

Being a Christian or believing in God will not solve problems, what solves problems is the use of logic and the brain, I'm sure @ jeromejnr doesn't have one.

Lol...well some of those Christian scientists will deny your claims.

Some got their breakthroughs through dreams after prayers.

And Lol..I have brain..too much brain sef.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
Funaki:

All na scam

BABA "I THOUGHT" THESE FOLKS WERE AT LEAST WISE ENOUGH TO HAVE STARTED ASKING FOR REFUND FOR ALL THEIR FINANCIAL INPUTS IN CHURCH SINCE 1960, SINCE NOW THE INCAPABILITY OF THEIR PASTORS AND GOD IS ON FULL DISPLAY.
I WAS WRONG. I MADE A MISTAKE TO EVEN OVERATE THESE FOLKS.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by hakeem4(m): 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Well, if you know the meaning of dogma, I will argue Atheists have one.

For example, there are some things Atheists keep chanting over and over in their debates they all got from a book. I hear them all the time.

And yet they say they there is no dogma.
now you said some

for example evolution and the big bang are not atheism dogma. the former is a scientific fact, while the latter is a scientific model.
As an atheist i can decide to accept the evidence of evolution or not. but it does not mean we have a tenet.

atheism is simply lack of believe.

its like saying abstinence is a sex position

2 Likes

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:

now you said some

for example evolution and the big bang are not atheism dogma. the former is a scientific fact, while the latter is a scientific model.
As an atheist i can decide to accept the evidence of evolution or not. but it does not mean we have a tenet.

atheism is simply lack of believe.

its like saying abstinence is a sex position

NOT PLAYING FOOTBALL IS KIND OF SPORT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by kingxsamz(m): 11:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WHEN MANY SCIENTISTS CLAIMED TO BE BELIEVERS, THEY DID SO TO SAVE THEIR LIVES.

PLEASE TAG THAT DULLARD TO SEE THIS.

WHEN GALILEO REFUSED TO TAKE BACK HIS WORDS THAT THE EARTH WAS ROUND AND THERE WERE OTHER PLANETS, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH EXECUTED HIM FOR HERESY, ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER RESEARCHERS.. SO MANY OF THEM HAD TO CLAIM TO BE CATHOLICS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES.

WHILE HE WENT ON TO SAY EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD CAME THROUGH CHRISTIANITY, HE FORGOT TO NAME ALAN THE FATHER OF COMPUTERS, THE ATHEIST GAY PERSON WHO WAS EXECUTED AS WELL. WHILE HAILING CHRISTIAN SCIENTISTS HE FORGOT THAT EVERYTHING SCIENCE DEFIES GOD 100%.

THAT POST WAS JUST EMBARRASSING, AND YOU CAN TELL FROM THE APPLAUSE HE HAS GOTTEN THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE SHEEP AS THEY DO NOT STUDY ANYTHING OUTSIDE THEIR BRAINWASHED HEADS AT ALL.

Most Nigerians will remain slaves till they die, and that's a fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? / Cobwebs : Do You Always See Cobwebs Or Your Head To Carries It Suddenly ? Read / The Fast Approaching End Time[middle East Crisis: Were Does It Lead To]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.