Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Obasanjo Collapses In Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Collapses In Church (18408 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / 5 Storey Building Collapses In Mgbuka, Nkpor (pics) / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Collapses In Church by binhozie(m): 12:10am On Dec 28, 2010
Obasanjo Collapses in Church LINK: Sahara Reporters

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who twice ruled Nigeria, once in the 1970s and then for eight years starting in 1999, collapsed today at the St. Stephens Anglican Church in Igbotako, Ondo State.

The fainting incident took place at about 12 noon, Nigerian time, at a thanksgiving service in honour of Major General Olu Bajowa (Rtd), an Obasanjo protégé who is celebrating his 70th birthday.  Major General Olu Bajowa was once indicted for mismanaging the Nigerian airways.

Obasanjo was rushed to a sickbay at the home of the celebrant. When he re-appeared, he appeared woozy, but managed to complete the event before returning home to Abeokuta, Ogun State, later in the day.  The former president has faced a multitude of personal misfortunes in recent times. On one occasion, he was attacked and ridiculed in broad daylight at the Lagos Airport by an irate Nigerian who blamed him for the political and economic crisis bedeviling the country. In another public event, the former governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, insulted him in public, calling him "father of bastards."

Although Obasanjo's real age is unknown, the former head of state is said to suffer from diabetes.  Like most former leaders, he obtains his medical care in foreign hospitals.

The man dey collapse when Atiku never be president. Only Gods knows what will happen to him when He wins the election next year  grin
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Becomrich12: 12:19am On Dec 28, 2010
Igbotako, my classmate come from there, that where jimoh ibrahim come from . small place, they should know my classmate.

merry xmas to you too, thank you.

I lived in nigeria for many years, and the nigeria government block access to information about the republic of Benin to Yoruba people. So that they would not know the truth about the republic of benin. I got to know most of the truth abroad myself.

And do you think Yoruba people are that silly. After 8 years of suffering in the hands of PDP

The PDP is the worst state government that have rule Yorubaland in history, go and ask anyone. People remember when UPN was in power.

Look this is Ogun state and Oyo state, Does this picture look like Yorubas would vote Jonathan or PDP. They would not continue thier suffering under the PDP.

PDP is about people going in to go and rob the people. They do not have people desire at heart. They went, they rob,want to continue to rob.

Do you know anywhere in the world , that people who have been rob want them back in power.

Not to talk of the issue of the satellite picture, that same PDP were the one who did that to them and refuse to corect it. The PDP cant win a seat. except they rig it. And that is what they have started. You can see how they people were insulted Pastor Adeboye and calling pastor adeboye a thief because he prayed for Jonathan. That tell you how Yoruba people feel.

We want another party to try and see, if they can repair what the PDP have destroyed in Yorubaland. Ok. we are talking of people. We know if the PDP comes back to power they are going to continue to suffer. We dont want that.
And that picture are Obasanjo home state, the first picture is where Obasanjo lives. Ota. You can see the sign saying Ota. Obasanjo farm is located in Ota.

The PDP cant win. This are prove of what the PDP is to the Yoruba people in Ogun or Oyo state. You can see Iyabo Obasanjo is already going to change party, If you still want to remain in politics in Yorubaland, you better leave the PDP. road don block for the PDP in Yorubaland, there would be blood bath if the PDP wins.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_Mf2suMFxc0U/TNPKGbC9UbI/AAAAAAAAANw/1T4CNJmUFK0/s1600/DSC_7286.JPG[/img]
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ0SdOp86Hvqcl_9ntwbtXph16Aajfs8G3PpjX_-H6Pi_z56QtMQ[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/_Mf2suMFxc0U/TKrI3r6cO0I/AAAAAAAAALU/n58dr7SKlm4/s1600/DSC_8438.JPG[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/_Mf2suMFxc0U/TKrKxxiEYLI/AAAAAAAAAMA/4ic4yEGX_I0/s1600/DSC_8574.JPG[/img]

Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by AndreUweh(m): 12:30am On Dec 28, 2010
Any links please.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by oderemo(m): 12:38am On Dec 28, 2010
Death is gradually approaching.baba were.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 28, 2010
I dont wish death on anyone o, but if that's what it takes to get rid of some greedy ppl who wont give power to their younger generation, then so be it!
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by aljharem11(m): 12:48am On Dec 28, 2010
obj better stay alive cry cry cry cry

at least u are one of the best presidents nigeria has ever had cry cry kiss kiss

God bless you obj kiss
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Olaedo1: 12:49am On Dec 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I dont wish death on anyone o, but if that's what it takes to get rid of some greedy ppl who wont give power to their younger generation, then so be it!

You regards to human life are disdainful.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 28, 2010
Ola edo:

Did I not just say I dont wish death on anyone?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Becomrich12: 12:54am On Dec 28, 2010
Ola edo  email me please    becomrich2011@yahoo.com
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Olaedo1: 12:58am On Dec 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Did I not just say I dont wish death on anyone?

Reread your comment and tell me if the second sentence doesn't overrule the the first.By your comment, it isn't hard to believe that you've said such a thing or worse about one who you feel is "greedy" or "power-drunk" on nairaland or privately(not on nairaland). You have no right!
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Tsiya(m): 12:59am On Dec 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You don't hve to wish anybody dead. Dead is inevitable whether you are good or bad and wishing someone dead wouldn't make that person dead. Obj is at least 70 years, even if he kapput today, he has cheated death.
Only God knows how many people died in his hand directly or indirectly.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 28, 2010
Ola edo:

Reread your comment and tell me if the second sentence doesn't overrule the the first.By your comment, it isn't hard to believe that you've said such a thing or worse about one who you feel is "greedy" or "power-drunk" on nairaland or privately(not on nairaland). You have no right!
Death comes. . . .what scares you so bad about it? It WILL come, and you cant stop it when it does.
So let's enjoy the lil time we have. Dont be afraid.

Tsiya:

You don't hve to wish anybody dead. Dead is inevitable whether you are good or bad and wishing someone dead wouldn't make that person dead. Obj is at least 70 years, even if he kapput today, he has cheated death.
Only God knows how many people died in his hand directly or indirectly.
Exactly.

So its sad when death is the only thing that can make things change.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by snowdrops(m): 1:10am On Dec 28, 2010
i wonder what ur source is, or had some "sauce" been added to flavour the story?
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by binhozie(m): 1:14am On Dec 28, 2010
snowdrops:

i wonder what your source is, or had some "sauce" been added to flavour the story?

Andre Uweh:

Any links please.

The link is the first thing on this thread. . .Sahara Reporters
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by snowdrops(m): 1:19am On Dec 28, 2010
binhozie:

hmmmmm, i rest my case
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Becomrich12: 1:19am On Dec 28, 2010
oye mi
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On Dec 28, 2010
Ola edo:

Get off your high horses already! Like she should live by the same TABOO you probably have imposed on yourself by your beliefs. Death is inevitable and yes, some are better off dead than continuing to impose the same on others just because they can.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Faeb: 2:59am On Dec 28, 2010
binhozie:

Not a valid news source.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Becomrich12: 3:14am On Dec 28, 2010
so Major General Olu Bajowa is still there. hmm. the reason why aviation fail is govt policy. give all airport to state. that the way it works over here. it would be better manage than federal govt.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Rhino5dm: 3:27am On Dec 28, 2010
Obj please dont die jorhnny boy needs you. Who is going to fathered him if you are gone? Bruhahahahahaha!

>>> Good riddance bad rubbish! *sigh*.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dempeople(m): 4:07am On Dec 28, 2010
Fear not, for death comes to us all. With everyday that passes, we are drawn closer to our graves. Baba, no doubt you're a very intelligent man but, you could have used your tenures as head of state and President, to do much good than evil for the land of your ancestors. THAT, you did not do!!!!

alj harem1:

obj better stay alive cry cry cry cry

at least u are one of the best presidents nigeria has ever had cry cry kiss kiss

God bless you obj kiss

What makes you think so? Any particular achievement apart from the usual mantra of "At least, we kept Nigeria as one", that we so often hear from him.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by OchiAgha2(m): 4:12am On Dec 28, 2010
I hope he gets well. I could never wish death on people. This man is an elder and must be respected as an elder.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Olaedo1: 5:10am On Dec 28, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

I hope he gets well. I could never wish death on people. This man is an elder and must be respected as an elder.

Thank you Ochi_Agha.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by jensinmi(m): 5:55am On Dec 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ALL THOSE THAT SAY THAT NIGERIA WILL NOT HAVE PEACE OR ACT TOWARDS SUCH GOAL, MAY THEY ALL DIE PREMATURELY!!! shocked shocked shocked

In Jesus' Name. Amen!! wink wink
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 28, 2010
Ta lo n je Jesus? grin
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by lagbaja20: 6:02am On Dec 28, 2010
Omo Olorun

Ogidi omo ti a bi lai 'dobo'

Conception without intercourse. . . fabuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu o
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by geekgal(f): 6:15am On Dec 28, 2010
@OP: where did you get that information from ? Obj never collapsed. I saw him at the church and the party venue. He was even dancing at the church for the thanksgiving. At the reception ground which too place at the General's house, Obasanjo was on ground till about 4.30 pm.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by dempeople(m): 6:23am On Dec 28, 2010
People are posting here that they don't wish death to anyone. That's fair enough. But how many of our dear country men and women have died as a result of lack of basic amenities that could have been easily provided by past and present corrupt government administrations?

1) More than $16bn was wasted (or even syphoned) by Obasanjo's administration in kangaroo development exercises in the Power sector without us even noticing a slight improvement in electric power generation for our teeming populace. And the result? How many people must have died in the hospitals (intensive care units etc) whereby constant electric power is required to operate the various medical systems? Not to talk of many of our country men and women who have been impoverished as a result of lack of constant electric power for smooth running of their businesses.

2) Billions of naira were awarded in contract for various road projects notable among them, the Tony Annenih saga. Now tell me how many people must have died on such bad and un-maintained roads through vehicle accidents , as a result of the corrupt practices of Obasanjo and Annenih?  

3) A man who called himself a President - a chief presiding officer of a country, authorised the use of maximum violence by army officers against communities in Nigeria most notably, the Odi community which resulted in unnecessary waste of lives and properties.

4) Mr. Obasanjo himself, flagged off a project in 2007 in the name of second niger bridge only for us to discover that such contract was never awarded in the first place!

All in the name of hatred and disregard for fellow countrymen and women, these bast.ards who call themselves our "Elder statemen, former leaders and present leaders" continue to play politics with the lives of people who supposedly voted them into office. And when we hear that one of them "collapsed" in the church, people are here posting nonsensically with best wishes for such people without remembering our countrymen and women who have been sent to their graves by these . . .   angry angry angry angry angry angry . . . I reserve my comment. But, whoever said or says that Nigerians have shallow memories, is indeed making sense to me.
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by soldee: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2010

[size=16pt]Maybe Obj tasted Holy Ghost[/size] [size=28pt]F-I-R-E!!!! [/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nsiman(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2010
Were nigerian journalist not in that church service? Sahara! An unfertile land
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by Nsiman(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2010
Were nigerian journalist not in that church service? Sahara! An unfertile land
Re: Obasanjo Collapses In Church by slap1(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2010
OBJ is going to die when he will, not because some people on Nairaland wished him death, but because it's his turn. I wish him quick recovery, but if it's time, no amount of good-will will undo it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why We Took Over Nigeria Railway’s Land –wike / "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head / Don’t Demonise Sunday Igboho, Akintola Warns Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.