Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent (22631 Views)

Yorubas Whose Mothers Are Of Igbo Descent Hv Said Dat Dey Will Support PeterObi / Kenyans Authorities Continue To Arrest Nigerians Of Igbo Descent. / I Didnt Tell Yahaya Bello To Defect To Accord Party – Gov Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 7:42am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

I believe your miserable existence also have something to do with Yoruba in large part. grin grin >: grin

Every human being usually have a miserable period. However, my stay in Lagos cannot never be categorized as miserable. The services given to me were unforgettable. grin grin grin
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 7:43am On Mar 28, 2020
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by theDEVILisHERE: 8:52am On Mar 28, 2020
Nkwerre is an Ndi 'gbo'
clan
They are Igbo's
This is a fact no amount of name twisting can change
Anyone saying otherwise is either an ignorant Idiiot
Or a mischievous bastard

Now listen good
The earth is slowly being restored back to goodness, back to Truth
Those who still lie to themselves would be slowly but surely eradicated
Get down to the truth of your roots
cause if u cut your roots off you must surely DIE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by SonOfEl(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2020
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/re-isheagu-regicide-asaba-and-igbanke-were-igbo-akiri/

we know ikwerre and other borderline Igbo communities like agbor, ukwuani are Igbo subgroups, however, IF they say they aren't igbos, we need to respect that. either way, they are inconsequential to our cause.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by selemempe: 9:09am On Mar 28, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
i love and respect your write ups man,but we should know that this ikwerre issue is very complicated,what if they(ikwerres) and other igbo denaires sabotage and work against a new igbo nation(biafra,that is if or when we get it)?.what if they turn around and make biafra another nigeria?(a country with many opposing tribes)?.personally for me anyone or group(s)who is still igbophobic in this year 2020 should go to hell,such people should not be part of any igbo nationhood,and lastly ikwerres should be the ones begging igbos not the other way round cause they(ikwerres) would be in a very serious and severe situation if igbos today forms biafra and left them alone,they would be a lamb for slaughter for the vengeful hausa/fulani and spiteful yorubas and other igbophobic south south ethnic minorities.they need us more than we need them.anaway i think we should not fight or rain insults among ourselfs since ultimately our sole aim and goal is to see a greater and united igbo nation.
so you compare the division between an Hausa Moslem and an Igbo Christian with the division between an igbo Christian and an Ikwere or ika Christian?
So you compare an Igbo Biafra with ikwere and ika with Nigeria that has 270 registered ethnic groups? Ok.

Forget about Biafra...tell me what Igbo has lost today by claiming ikwere...I know you know that igbos claim ikwere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Perkins2018: 9:28am On Mar 28, 2020
Dedetwo:

It has been the other way around and would remain so for a very long time. In anytime that warrants competitive tendencies in Nigeria, Igbo person has never complained. This cannot be said of any ethnic group in Nigeria. Igbo will rather work his/her ass off instead of complain. Again Igbo will never go to war if Yari.ba or Fulani or Hausa decide to leave Nigeria tomorrow.

I never see any Yoruba man attributing his problem to a northerner or an Igbo man. You conquered war booties always blame your insecurities on Yoruba and northerners. It makes you more inferior just as blacks will always be inferior to whites as long as they see the whites as their source of troubles.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Perkins2018: 9:29am On Mar 28, 2020
Dedetwo:

Every human being usually have a miserable period. However, my stay in Lagos cannot never be categorized as miserable. The services given to me were unforgettable. grin grin grin

Given to your by you sisters of easy virtues. I see that’s your only enjoyment in life as you live a miserable life.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by selemempe: 9:38am On Mar 28, 2020
SlayerForever:
Anybody working tooth and nail to see that the Ikwerre are completely ejected from the Igbo nation is a Fulani by their actions. This is because they are working towards the exact same thing the Fulani controlled government have been after since 1970. You're in the same boat as the Fulani.

Forget the prevailing foolishness of the Ikwerre for now and work to get them fully on board again. Nigeria has been working on them for over 50 years. Nigeria has the edge currently but gradually and with all hands on deck we can change the tide. They are our brothers. Iwe nwanne adiro elu n'okpukpu. Onye aghala nwanne ya. It's only a matter of time. Stop working for the Fulani. At the very worst be neutral on the issue.

pazienza at the very worst be neutral on this topic

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Chimok: 9:39am On Mar 28, 2020
SonOfEl:
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/re-isheagu-regicide-asaba-and-igbanke-were-igbo-akiri/

we know ikwerre and other borderline Igbo communities like agbor, ukwuani are Igbo subgroups, however, IF they say they aren't igbos, we need to respect that. either way, they are inconsequential to our cause.

Very Very inconsequential if they choose to
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 9:44am On Mar 28, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Honestly, I don't even know. From what I could gather from their responses, because "prominent Ikwerre sons [& daughters]" can be seen identifying with Igbo, then it means they are making Igbo more popular and doing more to showcase Igbo culture and identity. Perhaps they think it will be the bridge to rope more Ikwerre people in.

How exactly? What prominent Ikwerre sons and daughters are identifying as Igbos? I don't see them. I see opportunists trying to capitalize on Igbo population and national spread, to advance their own individual careers and popularity or electoral credibility for the likes of Amaechi.
If they are not opportunists, let's see them challenge Ogbakor Ikwerre opinion on Ikwerre independent ethnic group tag.

I guess they want Igbo ethnic group to be the same as Igbo language family. It seems apparent to me that in their mind, similar language and culture should mean we should have the same identity, and since those prominent sons and daughters are showcasing Igbo identity then it should be a small deal to get the rest of Ikwerre on board. Perhaps that is what they believe.

Unfortunately for them, our reality does not work that way, but they won't accept that.

I want us to unite with all Igbo speaking groups and clans too, I have campaigned for that all my stay here.
But when it's obvious these Igboids are capitalizing on the average Igbo man emotional attachments to unity of all Igbo speaking clans, when it's obvious our genuine feelings are being taken for granted, and they see us as fools they can easily manipulate for their own selfish clannish agenda.
Then it's only right that we have a rethink and change the terms and conditions of our relationship with them.

7 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 9:45am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

Given to your by you sisters of easy virtues. I see that’s your only enjoyment in life as you live a miserable life.

Now you can see how ordinary forum banter exposed your miserable life. It takes one lady of easy virtues to recognize another. Must services always include seeing each others underwear? How did your fifty mind stray to sisters of easy virtues?
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

I never see any Yoruba man attributing his problem to a northerner or an Igbo man. You conquered war booties always blame your insecurities on Yoruba and northerners. It makes you more inferior just as blacks will always be inferior to whites as long as they see the whites as their source of troubles.

Are you this dull? Here is current thread on the forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7alNK3-mQ

Marcus Korede Tibetan is a CCC leader in Nigeria and Dublin. In this interview, he claims the biggest problem Yoruba has in this world is the Igbo problem.

By the way, Igbo people are not "Blacks". Only intellectually challenged homo sapiens define a human with color. Color is not human being. Are you okay? I shall bet my last cent on the fact that no single ethnic group in Nigeria be it Yari.ba or Hausa can take on Nigeria and its allies in a war of attrition as Ndigbo did. Ndigbo can be accused of many things, certainly cowardice is not one of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Perkins2018: 10:10am On Mar 28, 2020
Dedetwo:

Are you this dull? Here is current thread on the forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7alNK3-mQ

Marcus Korede Tibetan is a CCC leader in Nigeria and Dublin. In this interview, he claims the biggest problem Yoruba has in this world is the Igbo problem.

By the way, Igbo people are not "Blacks". Only intellectually challenged homo sapiens define a human with color. Color is not human being. Are you okay? I shall bet my last cent on the fact that no single ethnic group in Nigeria be it Yari.ba or Hausa can take on Nigeria and its allies in a war of attrition as Ndigbo did. Ndigbo can be accused of many things, certainly cowardice is not one of them.

If you are this dumb at old age, then I pity your miserable children.

The man complained about the criminal activities of you Igbos in SW.

Igbos are known to run away after starting a fight and chest beating. This is a fact and that’s cowardice.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Perkins2018: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2020
Dedetwo:

Now you can see how ordinary forum banter exposed your miserable life. It takes one lady of easy virtues to recognize another. Must services always include seeing each others underwear? How did your fifty mind stray to sisters of easy virtues?

Stop dodging now. You know that’s what you mean.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 10:24am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

Igbos are known to run away after starting a fight and chest beating. This is a fact and that’s cowardice.

When the did southwest of Nigeria cease to be part of Nigeria that Igbo became the Yari.ba trouble in the world? Are you not the person who claimed that Yoruba do not complain about Igbo? Why would whatever action Igbo person takes constitute into Yoruba problem? Your forbearers foolishly fought a war to bring Ndigbo into the silly mold called Nigeria. Does silly One-Nigeria ring a bell in your ears?

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

Stop dodging now. You know that’s what you mean.

How would you know what I did not expressly stated? You are a typical Nigerian who make serious noise on issue he/she knows little about.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Dedetwo(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

There is one ethnic group in Nigeria known for taking to their the heels when things go rough. In addition, only one ethnic group ran away at the sight of soldiers from northern region after they have killed the son of soil in Ibadan. I guess Ndigbo, if any, complained about the lawful activities of Yari.ba in the entire southern Nigeria. There is nothing more criminal than the acts of a turncoat.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Ojiofor: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Don't let emotions becloud your sense of Judgement.

You are the emotional one here,crying more than the bereaved.
Officially Ohanaeze Ndigbo has 7 member Igbo states which include Rivers state and Delta state and 5 SE states.This is a fact not emotion.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2020
Ojiofor:

You are the emotional one here,crying more than the berieved.
Officially Ohanaeze Ndigbo has 7 member Igbo states which include Rivers state and Delta state and 5 SE states.This is a fact not emotion.

Non contributing and consuming members you mean.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Ojiofor: 10:52am On Mar 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Non contributing and consuming members you mean.

They are members yes or no?
If they remain members we deserve the right to call them Igbos until they do the needful(exit from the group)
You are not Ikwerri stop crying on their behalf.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 28, 2020
Ojiofor:

They are members yes or no?
If they remain members we deserve the right to call them Igbos until they do the needful(exit from the group)
You are not Ikwerri stop crying on their behalf.

And you defending them what are you?

Oh I forgot they are your close and your border neigbours.

I only speak verifiable truth.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Ojiofor: 11:08am On Mar 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

And you defending them what are you?

Oh I forgot they are your close and your border neigbours.

I only speak verifiable truth.

Of course they are my next door neighbors,in-laws and brothers you can't change that.
I am only stating the obvious,nature made them Igbos and no politics or artificial partition or pronoucement from a military junta at the eve of war can change that.You can take this to the bank.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2020
Ojiofor:

Of course they are my next door neighbors,in-laws and brothers you can't change that.
I am only stating the obvious,nature made them Igbos and no politics or artificial partition or pronoucement from a military junta at the eve of war can change that.You can take this to the bank.

Meaning those of us at the end of the Niger has no right to speak..

Wonders....I underestimated your bluntness.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Ojiofor: 11:20am On Mar 28, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Meaning those of us at the end of the Niger has no right to speak..

Wonders....I underestimated your bluntness.

It depends on which part of Niger you are reffering to,it could be Niger state,if you so, you have no stake in this discussion.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 28, 2020
Ojiofor:

It depends on which part of Niger you are reffering to,it could be Niger state,if you so, you have no stake in this discussion.

Lol

Quite funny
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Chimok: 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
Perkins2018:

Really?
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 29, 2020
Amarabae:

If you know them Igbos can survive if Nigeria breaks, why disturbing ikwerre people up and down.
Go to ikwerre facebook groups and see Igbos disgracing themselves there.
What sort of nonsense is this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9999507_fbimg15653363901815128_jpeg7b252d74c28959050e756a505b8e82ea

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9999508_fbimg15653363845845343_jpeg6dd1a9f8e7ab34dfa9c4e5e00b8c6d75
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by nextdoor84(m): 11:16am On Mar 29, 2020
selemempe:
I will end this argument.

It's futile. You have made your mark on nairaland by arguing this topic. 1 out of every 3 posts you have ever made on nairaland is in this types of thread.

You more than me have made this your lives work...I'm not sad about it...I am sad that a highly intelligent igbo man like pazienza was able to be swayed by you and your very childish arguments on this topic. I have read them before...I know what you would say before you said them (they say they are not Igbo, leave them, Igbo identity should not be given to Igbo haters) (trash) ...I was almost swayed by your ideology when pazienza showed me 'evidence' that Ikwere hate Igbos... thank God I wasn't swayed in the end. I lived in a country in the middle East where a tribe didn't want to join that country before until there were forced with the threat of war ....today their children are so proud of being from that country.

Nations will NEVER be created with your mentality.
You win the argument... you haven't won the fight.
As we proceed to push for an Igbo country in a very possible future, we will make sure we don't leave even the biggest Igbo deniers (Ika) out.

Take care brother

Pazienza should as a matter of urgency return to his Igboid moniker asap! So he can lead the igboid struggle from the trenches!!
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by selemempe: 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
pazienza:
Armaggedon :

Irrelevant question. When Ijaws come to marry Igbos, do they identify as Igbos?

Nigeria government don't dictate for people who to marry or not marry. If marriage unite people, Nigeria will be united, because Nigerians have been inter marrying for ages.
Many Igbos are married to Yorubas and vice versa, marriage never solved anything. It shows nothing, it's a personal decision and can be annulled at any moment by parties involved.

Yes, marriage is a personal issue, you dont tell adults who or who not to marry, you don't have control over that. The most you can do is to put conditions in place that reward those who marry within the group.
To decide who is Igbo is simple. Those groups like Ikwerres already claimed they are not Igbos and have floated their independent ethnic nationality. You simply expel all Ikwerre persons from Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and all Igbo groups, then you issue communique informing the public that Ikwerres and co are not Igbos.
If Ikwerres wish to challenge it. They should speak through Ogbako Ikwerre and denounce ever floating an independent ethnicity outside Igbo.
If they don't, like I suspect they wouldn't, then we would have gotten our wish done. Simple.

We don't have the power to tell them who to appoint. But we have the power to ensure they and the world know that whoever they picked outside our recognized Igbo ethnic map, is not Igbo and do not represent us.
When Buhari insinuated that Emefiele and Kachiukwu were Igbos, Ndiigbo couldn't contest it, because as of today, Ohaneze Ndiigbo and all relevant Igbo organizations still recognize Ika(Emefiele)and Enu-ani (Kachiukwu) as part of parcel of Igboland and indeed do have persons from those parts as members of Ime-obi of Ohanaeze.
If we had done the house cleaning early on, and for example denounced Enu-ani and Ika, and went on to no longer welcome persons from there in Ohanaeze Hierarchy, we would have been able to respond to Buhari question by emphatically stating that those persons are not Igbos and so couldn't be our representatives.
For example, because we don't claim GEJ Ogbia as Igbos nor do we have people from there as members of our organizations, we could afford to support GEJ, without anyone saying that GEJ presidency was Igbo presidency.

Don't be funny, we reserve the rights on who is and isn't Igbo. Ohanaeze Ndiigbo is funded by SE states governments.
Ohanaeze Ndiigbo is the Igbo apex organization. Any one we say is not part of us, is not part of us.
Don't be ridiculous. We don't have the power to stop the denials, no one ever had the power to make lovers of haters. Buy they always have the powers to quarantine themselves from haters by simply avoiding them.

I have evidence that the average Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye, Etche man want to have nothing to do with Ndiigbo or Igbo language. Rivers state is not far away. Anyone interested can always visit and find out on their own. The BBC are business oriented and have to carter for the wishes of their audience, I know this because that's what is obtainable in business world.
The Northern minorities are comfortable with Hausa language, I have been there. Every sincere person knows this, but your emotions of always looking for who to blame (FG, Britain, Hausa-Fulani, Non Igbo minorities, etc) have blinded you.

The Ikwerre, Ogba, Etche, Ekpeye want nothing that links them to Igbo. And that's exactly what Igbo language is. Hausa language is taught in schools virtually all Northerner states, bar Benue,Kogi, and Kwara. Igbo is not taught in Rivers state, because that's how the native wants it. Nobody is dividing the East. Those Igboids want nothing to do with you, stop blaming everyone else (FG, Britain, Ijaws,Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba) for their actions. It's pathetic.

Important opinions are formed by sampling the individual opinion of the vast majority of the people in question, the opinion their elites, and opinions of their organizations.
The Ikwerre man in street of Obio Akpor is very Igbophobic, the Ikwerre elites led by Ogbakor Ikwerre are Igbophobic. Ikwerres on their Facebook pages are strongly Igbophobic. Why have you chosen to be willfully blind and continue to deny the obvious? You are emotional when you refuse to accept the reality, but choose to hold unto wishes and delusions.

The Ikwerre elites know the game Amaechi was playing. He claimed he is Igbo because he understands Igbo language. Not really because he is Igbo grin
And recently, he talked about why Igbos would struggle to produce presidency, and in that rant, he referred to Igbos as "they ". grin
Someone is playing you, and you can't even see it, because you can't get past your emotions.

What's this supposed to mean? APGA once won a seat in Nasarawa or so. APGA is a national party. angry

Nnamdi Kanu is not a serious person. Dude parked in Obiigbo and gyrated all day with Igbos there, then left and claimed he went to Ph.
He could have come to Rumu villages and test his popularity there.
I doubt you have ever been to Rumu villages before, you come across to me like someone who doesn't even know anything about what's on ground in these areas.

Do you know that you can't buy land in Ogbaland as an Igbo man?
A Yoruba man would buy, Hausa will buy, heck! A man from Namibia will buy, but Nwa isoma cannot buy.

Northern minorities are all comfortable with Hausa language as their ligua franca. This is not even up for debate.
We are not talking about forming Arewa republic for now.
We are dissecting why BBC Igbo didn't include Rivers Igboid, but included Delta Igbos.
They merely reflected the reality on ground, which you don't know because you are not a grassroot person, or you know but prefer the bliss that ignorance offers.

Go to Rumu villages or Omoku and tell them they are Igbo. They will kill you. Your Demi god, Nnamdi Kanu will not try it. He knows the truth, because he has Igbo members there, but he isn't interested in that, because he has a different agenda?

Those Igboids opted for severance from us. They threw us under the bus when we needed them. The Hausa-Fulani might have helped their cause, they (Hausa/Fulani)served merely as catalysts, but that's exactly what they(Igboids) wanted.
Ikwerres were the ones who renamed all Umus to Rumus, they are the ones who mutilated their names to wash off any Igbo in them, it was not done by any Hausa Fulani.
Wike named a public structure after Gowon recently, and made funny comments about Ndiigbo during the opening ceremony, it was not done by Hausa-Fulanis.
Ekwueme was the one who proposed SS. It wasn't Hausa Fulani. Those lots Igbophobia had reached a crescendo and Ekwueme knew we needed a space from them. Do you know that in the presidential elections of 1979 and 1983, Awolowo and Shagari got more votes from Rivers state, than Zik did. That's the natural default settings of the people , it was not done by your imaginary BBC, Hausa/Fulani , or Yoruba enemies.
And by the way, there is nothing like Eastern region, it's defunct and stopped existing since 1970. There is nothing like SE and SS. It's simple SE. This madness needs to stop already.

This is my issue with you lots, you are busy chasing shadows and leaving real deal.
Who told you that Umuezekoha are not under any pressure?
The people have been so much marginalized for being Igboid in Benue state that many Benue people don't even know they exist. They enrolled into Biafran army during the war and have not been forgiven for it by their neighbors. They have no roads, no drinkable water source, nobody in government. It's almost like they don't exist. They have every reason to disclaim Igbo, declare new ethnicity, start bashing Igbos to please their neighbors, and maybe they might be forgiven, but they haven't, and because of it, you think they are not under any pressure. You rather run after opportunists in Ikwerre and make excuses for them for their shameful actions, by blaming everyone from Britain to FG, Hausa/Fulani, Ijaws, BBC, etc and finally Pazienza.
Nde-ewo. Jisike.

Urhobo and Isoko have always been distinct from the beginning.
The main example should be Urhobo and Okpe, and mind you, Urhobo people are not taking it so easy with Okpe lukewarm attitude to Urhobo ethnic nationality . Efik and Ibibio have always been distinct. You should have used Ijaw and Nembe, Ogonis don't take Eleme recent denials lightly. It has always been a source pain for them. If Nembe and Okpe end up declaring independent ethnic, the Ijaws and Urhobo will not take it lightly.

you have made a few exaggerations in this post that clearly shows you are emotional about this topic and take it personal.

1. You claim an Igbo man can't buy land in ogba but a yoruba man can...that's a childish lie that shows you want to whip up sentiment. Land is a very personal thing. It is even more personal than marriage. A family can disown a child for who they marry but when it comes to land, it will purely depend on the buy and the seller to reach an agreement. A random check in ogba will reveal a few lands owned by Igbos. Someone who needs money urgently will sell his property to someone who is paying ...not your emotions.

2. You claim that going to Rumu villages to tell them they are Igbo will result in being killed. Another exaggerated opinion presented as fact...meant to whip up emotions. A random check will reveal that a few Rumu people themselves have attended ohaneze meeting recently. Also you say it as if Ikwere are criminal killers running about being reckless...it would seem you are even afraid of them...lol how come we have never heard of someone killed in rivers for saying ikwere is igbo? Oh wait... pazienza, you didn't need to tell these childish lies.

3. Your advice of having ohaneze publicly rejecting ikwere is the height of irresponsibility. Like Igbos dont have enough enemies so we need to publicly add ikwere to the list. What do you think you will achieve once you do that? That's a declaration of war. What would happen is that you will then have a renewed coldness between us and them and the rest of Nigeria will side with them. Because now you have clearly drawn lines and asked people to choose sides.
As at today, our destines are still tied together. An Ikwere man will most likely be bypassed when an igbo is being bypassed...but once ohaneze does the recklessness you have advised, an Ikwere man would be elevated by the rest of Nigeria to spite the Igbos. You will lose big time and when you do, you will start telling sob stories of how Igbo is being marginalized...lol. if Nigeria decides to make Amaechi president today, Igbos can still adopt him as our son and he can still sentimentaly adopt us as his larger base ...after all he was once made Igbo man of the year by sunnews and he accepted the award. There is currently room for sentimental cooperation....make that announcement and see the cooperation change to very bitter enmity....one that is highly unnecessary.

Your approach stems from emotions and feelings....any discerning mind can see this. You don't know stone cold politics... It has a lot to do with diplomacy.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Obiobidgbo14: 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
pazienza:

Stop deceiving yourself.
Ikwerre is a fully fledged independent ethnic nationality with an apex body known as Ogbakor Ikwerre.
The position of Ogbakor Ikwerre is that Ikwerre are not Igbos. This position also represents the wishes of the vast great majority of Ikwerre commoners.
However, because of people like you who have refused to learn , an average Ikwerre man knows fully well that he can claim Igbo whenever there is something to benefit from doing such, especially when he or she is outside Rivers state, or hope to play at the national level, where he knows that Igbo population can be of use to him.

It's the typical use and dump, and we have allowed this to go on for too long because we have too many emotionally weak ones in our midst. Amaechi Rotimi is probably looking forward to vying for president as Igbo man tomorrow, because Ndiigbo have decided to be foolish.
It's 50years and counting now since this started, and I say we end it now. Come on!
We are deceiving ourselves if say that Ikwerre's are not Igbos it is like saying that your fingers are not part of you.We the elders know what caused yam to cry.Since the days of the British in Nigerian because of oil politics the British had tried to divide the Igbos and it came to the climax during and after the war.Forget about the noise in nairaland we are all Igbos
New orientation is going on in Ikwerre land now .Most of the posts you are seeing here are not actually the Ikwerre but from those who are fueling the division among the Igbos.It won't be long the Ikwerre's will declare their stand.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Chimok: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
pazienza:

The Ukelle/Kele people in Ebonyi do not speak a variant of Igbo language. Kele is not even an Igboid language. It doesn't share common words with Igbo. Ask around, no Ezza, Izzi or Ngbo person understand Kele people when they speak.

It doesn't matter what Ikwerre grandfathers identified as or spoke in the past, it doesn't matter what revisionists say, it doesn't matter what Yorubas or Hausas say. What matters is the sentiments prevalent in Ikwerre land today, and that sentiment is an Igbophobic one. We must stop living in the past and live in the present, if we hope to seize the present and control our future.
What future?
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by eagleu: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
ChinenyeN :

I too believe that you do not have to reauthor history for the sake of self-determination [ana m ekwuru ụnụ, ndị "Igbo bụ Otu"]. However, at this point right now, we are clearly discussing something that has already happened. The how's and the why's are not as important as the reality of what faces us now, being that Ikwerre succeeded, and that is really all that matters.

Your pro-Ikwerre efforts will be in vain if you think that history is not important, and that after a mere 50 year hiatus, that Ikwerre has "succeeded "
This is very myopic, and I am not surprised, because unlike many normal people, some Ikwerre leaders have no concept of long term consequences.
That is why they could steal someone 's house in the name of abandoned property, and expect everything to be ok for them, their children, and grand children.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Kassim Afegbua Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu In Okpella, Etsako East LGA / Governor Obaseki Picks Trash As He Joins Edo Youths To Cleanup The State / Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.