Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,521 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:04 PM

COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 (44024 Views)

Tedxikenegbu Happening In Owerri On The 4th Of April, 2020 / How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria / David And Chioma: Two Nairalanders Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 10:15am On Mar 25, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders,

This goes to intending couples, who are preparing their wedding this month and next month, how has this COVID-19 affected your preparation?

My traditional wedding and white wedding is 17 and 18th of April 2020, but as it stand now, we would have to suspend it pending the time this diseases would stop.

I was even thinking of doing it on a lowkey, but got the shocking of my life this morning when i got a call from my Reved. Fr. that we would have to put an hold to the wedding has directive has been given to stop all church wedding and mass for now.

Every wedding materials have been bought, just to print programme and wait for the day, before this disease became rampant.

We pray that God would lift great scientist up to find lasting solution to this disease.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2020
Please nairalanders should pray for us

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by DaInferno(m): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2020
pray for you for what exactly?

265 Likes 9 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by crackkhaus: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2020
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

This could be done in the church still, or in an open space.

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.

255 Likes 15 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by hisexcellency34: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
After nine months, na to born Corobabies nah
You will then hear names like Corotunde, Coroemeka, Corodikachi Coromuhammad ETC

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Evaromantik(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

This could be done in the church still, or in an open space.

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.

"They were instructed by the Government to suspend all religious activities"... What part of that didn't you understand?.

Now you're accusing them of forming demigods.

Nawaa for you o

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by NOL2dworld(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
cool
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by franchasng: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
angry

Any Nigerian who is not Buhari's child, not his relative, not his direct employee and not a direct beneficiary from Buhari, praying for Buhari not to contract coronavirus is a hypocrite pretending to like Buhari or scared that if he or she wishes him dead, that death may come for him or her, but the actual wish of majority of Nigerians is for Buhari and all Nigerian politicians ruling Nigeria from the federal to the state level to contract the virus and die.

This is the wish of all Nigerians but their fear and religious pretence won't let them say their mind angry

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by emmabest2000(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
They should arrange online wedding biko

Everyone will be on their house and view them online even the pastor or Rev father will jion them together from his or her home , No item 7, No gifts , No spreading of money or giving of envelopes grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Kingcesar: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
Stay your house do your wedding. Livestream am for Facebook live and instagram.

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by dukeprince50: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Best time to get married, people will not come and chop rice

23 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
They should go ahead. Less expense since less than 20 guest is the only permitted number that must converge by law.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by RenaissanceGuy: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
The wedding can go ahead with very few people and tight hygiene check, with every attendant donning a face mask and a lot of space in between themselves. I personally am not a fan of crowded wedding

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by sonnie10: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Marriage is for the living. The dead can’t get married. Be guided and don’t allow your emotions drive your decisions.

20 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by sanemind2(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
they will have to understand and postpone it
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Cmanforall: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
I feel for you all.
My advice:
Do the wedding with only the parents present. Max of 10.
Postpone the party
Start enjoying your wife ( no longer premarital s*X)

Thank me later.

34 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Johnbosco77(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
They should go to aso villa and marry "covik 1 9 birus"...

Na joke ooo...
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wilemer: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi591:
Good morning Nairalanders, This goes to intending couples, who are preparing their wedding this month and next month, how has this COVID-19 affected your preparation?

My traditional wedding and white wedding is 17 and 18th of April 2020, but as it stand now, we would have to suspend it pending the time this diseases would stop.
I was even thinking of doing it on a lowkey, but got the shocking of my life this morning when i got a call from my Reved. Fr. that we would have to put an hold to the wedding has directive has been given to stop all church wedding and mass for now.

Every wedding materials have been bought, just to print programme and wait for the day, before this disease became rampant.
We pray that God would lift great scientist up to find lasting solution to this disease.

better to celebrate another day than to regret puting loved ones at risk .
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by meum: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Postpone the wedding.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Naomila: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Marry virtually cheesy

On the other hand this is the chance to know if you're compatible with your partner and if you can live together forever... Instead of marrying now,quarantine yourselves together and see if you guys can survive as a couple for a month

.cheesy

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Sheriman(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
You had better postpone your wedding
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by TotoNaRubber: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Suspend it, it can wait.

Very right move by the priest.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by EddieCAD(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
They should all sit at home and continue with the marriage. With all in attendance wearing nose masks and sterilize surgical gloves.

In this case, the Groom may not kiss the Pride undecided

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
Nairalander's loves silly questions

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by udoka55555: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
Lol

Na so one of my friend dey vex for me...

His wedding suppose be this Friday for Delta, and I don already promise say I go come.....I Don get everything both gift ready before this cobid 1&9 come.....

Him call me today say make I come tomorrow because the person wey suppose be best man say him ma no go come..I try reason with am say make him postpone the wedding until dem find cure...the guy no gree....

I come tell am hoha say me I no fit risk my life and travel from IMO to Delta for wedding... Say make him send me his account number so I fit send them money wey dem go use buy my own gift......the guy just off him phone....

I no fit risk my life anyhow for one yeye wedding.

41 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by idonhammer: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by MrCuteking(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
They will wed online
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Shellsploit: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
My friends client paid him150k part payment for there wedding cinematography schedule this Saturday. And the agreement states that any deposit made shall be forfeited once there's a change of date. Me sha don collect 50k use am go flex for Nairaland ashewo thread.

grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Sholaystar4me(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
This is the best time to get married, don't ask me why grin grin
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by lonelydora: 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
They should postpone it.

Na person wey dey alive dey do wedding.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by etibaba(m): 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
Postponed till further notice or you guys do where 2 or 3 are gathered.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Heffalump(m): 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
Postpone wedding ceremony till further notice! That will be the wisest decision by anyone shocked

I know some intending couples can't wait to start "knacking", but consider the imminent health implications at this time. You have maintained abstinence for long, so nothing is new. The joy and beauty of wedding is in guest turnout too tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newly Wedded Couple Ride In Tractor (Photo) / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today / Photos Of A Groom Crying At His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.