Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 (44096 Views)

Tedxikenegbu Happening In Owerri On The 4th Of April, 2020 / How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria / David And Chioma: Two Nairalanders Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by bantex4uu(m): 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
My wedding is 2nd May. I hope we won't b affected
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
Zinny25:
do you think the intending couples will like this type of marriage?? it's not just about the pastors and priests

would you prefer a funeral?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by pacificom: 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
They can skip the crowdy ceremony and get lockdown in honeymoon.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by TruthHurts100: 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:
Good morning Nairalanders,

This goes to intending couples, who are preparing their wedding this month and next month, how has this COVID-19 affected your preparation?

My traditional wedding and white wedding is 17 and 18th of April 2020, but as it stand now, we would have to suspend it pending the time this diseases would stop.

I was even thinking of doing it on a lowkey, but got the shocking of my life this morning when i got a call from my Reved. Fr. that we would have to put an hold to the wedding has directive has been given to stop all church wedding and mass for now.

Every wedding materials have been bought, just to print programme and wait for the day, before this disease became rampant.

We pray that God would lift great scientist up to find lasting solution to this disease.

I'm in your shoes bro.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Acidosis(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Zinny25:
do you think the intending couples will like this type of marriage?? it's not just about the pastors and priests

Whoever doesn't like it should postpone. But have it in mind that a lot of people would avoid public gathering for a very long time. After corona, people would still be mindful of the impact. Those getting married in May, June and so on would still be affected directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by bashir247: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
I'm a victim too, But it has been postponed indefinitely
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by bmdmixer: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
u dont need prayers u need to hear word, so if ur rev didnt call u u wud still go ahead then later blame who Nigerians ehhh
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
xynerise:
The marriage is more important to you than your life? We are at war, woman!! Brace up!! Leave marriage for now biko
because you are married already? What if he has been waiting for the wedding night to enter the promise land,so the wedding should be postponed?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by sylve11: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:
Please nairalanders should pray for us

Something dey worry u. sad angry cool

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by KenModi(m): 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

This could be done in the church still, or in an open space.

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.

If you had seen the coffins lining the streets of Bergamo, Italy, marriage would be the last thing on your mind. Na who dey alive dey marry and enjoy marriage.

Stay home and avoid all social gatherings and contact, una no go hear, till you drop dead few days after the wedding.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Ken4Christ: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
I am waiting for the first case that will bow to the name of Jesus. Where are the men of Faith? Where are the healing Evangelists? Where are the Prophets? I am shocked that none has volunteered to go to the treatment centers to pray for the victims of this deadly virus.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by sylve11: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
DaInferno:
pray for you for what exactly?

Men, that guy just annoy me with him childish thread. angry cool

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Cuntofjezebel: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
Mine has been fixed for May, seriously I am contemplating on different things now
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rasmega:
You should be thinking and hoping the whole Covid-19 pandemic doesn't run into months or years.

Pray for your family, friends and the whole to be back to normal. And scientists get a cure and vaccine quick

It's only the living that gets married. Why worry about marriage when there is a killer disease out there? Do you want to raise your kids in an abnormal world?

some people are just stupid. they asked people to stay at home for a few months at the most so that we can contain this pandemic, some morons are worried about marraige..which means they only care about themselves not their guests. You can always marry later but if people keep gathering all you will be doing is attending funerals.

in 1918 there was a flu pandemic in Nigeria, out of 18 million people 500,000 died! Today our population is 200m so at the same rate we are talking of 5m deaths!! this is not the time for weddings.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Acidosis(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
bantex4uu:
My wedding is 2nd May. I hope we won't b affected

Doesn't matter. You can gather your families and in-laws together to do your thing. Save your money for the global recession. Why would anyone still be thinking about spending so much on wedding at this point in time?

I hope you know the current price of oil/barrel?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by unmask: 3:09pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

This goes to intending couples, who are preparing their wedding this month and next month, how has this COVID-19 affected your preparation?

My traditional wedding and white wedding is 17 and 18th of April 2020, but as it stand now, we would have to suspend it pending the time this diseases would stop.

I was even thinking of doing it on a lowkey, but got the shocking of my life this morning when i got a call from my Reved. Fr. that we would have to put an hold to the wedding has directive has been given to stop all church wedding and mass for now.

Every wedding materials have been bought, just to print programme and wait for the day, before this disease became rampant.

We pray that God would lift great scientist up to find lasting solution to this disease.
The question is if you find out your intended has corona virus some days to d-day......will you still go on with the wedding? And will people attend? Your answer to those questions apply to weddings in the categories mentioned
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by joshrare(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.

Reception?
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by IghravweIG(m): 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2020
If you can't postpone, then hold a low key wedding between you and your bride's family. No reception.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Acidosis(m): 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2020
Cuntofjezebel:
Mine has been fixed for May, seriously I am contemplating on different things now

Don't destroy your marriage because of paparazzi. Leave the date and make arrangements with your in-laws. Most important thing is the parents consent. Go to registry as soon as civil servants resume fully.

Don't even bother about postponing. Global recession is imminent, and rainy session comes shortly after May. Don't waste your time over nothing. Nobody really cares about your wedding right now aside you and your spouse.

I'm giving a very personal opinion because you're not alone in this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by eyinjuege: 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
The wedding can go ahead with very few people and tight hygiene check, with every attendant donning a face mask and a lot of space in between themselves. I personally am not a fan of crowded wedding

The government has banned all weddings and celebrations.
They would be breaking the law if they go ahead.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by xynerise: 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
because you are married already? What if he has been waiting for the wedding night to enter the promise land,so the wedding should be postponed?

Yes!!! Marriage no be life achievement...wed when the air is clear or do indoor wedding QED!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by luluman: 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

Must they have an elaborate wedding? Why not just wed in the parlor.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Ochuksbaba(m): 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
Ken4Christ:
I am waiting for the first case that will bow to the name of Jesus. Where are the men of Faith? Where are the healing Evangelists? Where are the Prophets? I am shocked that none has volunteered to go to the treatment centers to pray for the victims of this deadly virus.

They have been exposed ,,bunch of chalartans
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by IMASTEX: 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:

Sensible comment. But I am yet to read a portion of the Bible where Jesus presided over weddings or instructed the disciples or apostle to join couples. The Bible did mentioned dowry which is already the seal of marriage. Abi pastors wan collect pride prize? Secondly, I am yet to see where church conduct the Kangaroo wedding or England traditional marriage when pride prize hasn't be paid.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by faithfull18(f): 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2020
Nothing, should be attending one by April.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2020
isthatso:

some people are just stupid. they asked people to stay at home for a few months at the most so that we can contain this pandemic, some morons are worried about marraige..which means they only care about themselves not their guests. You can always marry later but if people keep gathering all you will be doing is attending funerals.

in 1918 there was a flu pandemic in Nigeria, out of 18 million people 500,000 died! Today our population is 200m so at the same rate we are talking of 5m deaths!! this is not the time for weddings.
All humans are selfish but we have highly selfish people in this part of the world. I just asked him, if he spent over 15 million naira for the wedding preparations. I just want to know, if it's either stupidity or money spent already grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Acidosis(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
luluman:
Must they have an elaborate wedding? Why not just wed in the parlor.

Global recession will teach them a tough lesson.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by tundess: 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
Talk about misplaced priorities. I'd say, if you cannot delay your wedding for 6 months out of an abundance of caution, perhaps you shouldn't be getting married at all.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by redsun(m): 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
Run fi cover first. Save your money and spend it wisely for yourself and your partner. Wedding is one of the legacies of white man's indoctrination and hypnotization of the natives. It is not necessary, what is necessary is a genuine commitment and instinctive zeal for life.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by sicily4u: 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2020
Op go and have seat, we are talking something serious and u are talking non sense
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by oneTIMEman(m): 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
I could have engaged my baby this weekend and Fix marriage next weekend, just imagine, baby calm down ehh
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by oloyetomoye: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
Congrats. Just do "solo" wedding. Cost don cut automatically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of A Groom Crying At His Wedding / Bride & Groom Sleeping On Their Wedding Day / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.