Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:40 PM

COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 (44025 Views)

Tedxikenegbu Happening In Owerri On The 4th Of April, 2020 / How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria / David And Chioma: Two Nairalanders Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Samcent: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
Acidosis:

Don't destroy your marriage because of paparazzi. Leave the date and make arrangements with your in-laws. Most important thing is the parents consent. Go to registry as soon as civil servants resume fully.

Don't even bother about postponing. Global recession is imminent, and raining session comes shortly after May. Don't waste your time over nothing. Nobody really cares about your wedding right now aside you and your spouse.

I'm giving a very personal opinion because you're not alone in this
Op, go with this advice. For most people now is survival first not attending functions.
#staysafe.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Dollabiz: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2020
They tested positive offcourse
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by bizhop01: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2020
Marriage no be by force
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Parable007: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:
Good morning Nairalanders,

This goes to intending couples, who are preparing their wedding this month and next month, how has this COVID-19 affected your preparation?

My traditional wedding and white wedding is 17 and 18th of April 2020, but as it stand now, we would have to suspend it pending the time this diseases would stop.

I was even thinking of doing it on a lowkey, but got the shocking of my life this morning when i got a call from my Reved. Fr. that we would have to put an hold to the wedding has directive has been given to stop all church wedding and mass for now.

Every wedding materials have been bought, just to print programme and wait for the day, before this disease became rampant.

We pray that God would lift great scientist up to find lasting solution to this disease.

Bro I'm in the same ish right now.. though We did our traditional last year but white is April 18th
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2020
The pandemic is a blessing in disguise to prospective couples. You would spend less as less people will attend. It's unfortunate the Reverend Postponed it.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2020
Do an online ceremony... All invited guests (witnesses) should hook up via internet, and be a part of the ceremony.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by mikaelword(m): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

This goes to intending couples, who are preparing their wedding this month and next month, how has this COVID-19 affected your preparation?

My traditional wedding and white wedding is 17 and 18th of April 2020, but as it stand now, we would have to suspend it pending the time this diseases would stop.

I was even thinking of doing it on a lowkey, but got the shocking of my life this morning when i got a call from my Reved. Fr. that we would have to put an hold to the wedding has directive has been given to stop all church wedding and mass for now.

Every wedding materials have been bought, just to print programme and wait for the day, before this disease became rampant.

We pray that God would lift great scientist up to find lasting solution to this disease.

Its gonna be wedding behind closed doors
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by osusuallstars: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2020
They should get church blessing and start bleeping
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Afodot0022(m): 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2020
This affected a very close friend of mine having his wedding this weekend. He had no choice but to cancel and send notification sms and text to friends and family that the wedding will not hold due to the covid 19 pandemic. Anyway i felt for him though but safety first o and beside if he decide to proceed on the wedding, no body go show face there cos of issue at hand. Me self happy small cos if the wedding hold this weekend, i dont have much cash to blast on his wedding but now that it has been postponed, that more time for me to save and have enough to support him and blast funds for his wedding when he later pick another date.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rasmega:

All humans are selfish but we have highly selfish people in this part of the world. I just asked him, if he spent over 15 million naira for the wedding preparations. I just want to know, if it's either stupidity or money spent already grin

either way, that wedding cannot hold in the next 3 months at least

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by iamJ(m): 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
The wedding can go ahead with very few people and tight hygiene check, with every attendant donning a face mask and a lot of space in between themselves. I personally am not a fan of crowded wedding
those pictures will be very lovely to have in their album
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by benjanny(m): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
I have been thinking about this
My cousin's wedding is coming up on 15th of April.We are all worried about this outbreak
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Winneygirl(f): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

How about a chapel wedding?
You would not need many people. Couple, priests & cathechist, and witnesses
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Izz9111: 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
Put the wedding off period. It will only take one infected person to attend and you will for ever regret doing the wedding. You can also wed next yr or the order.
All the people making different suggestion how to take few ppl or only you and priest are just aiding this COVID-19 to spread.
Virus can not move but people move. Stay in your homes within 14 days, it will all be over.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by petitejolie(f): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

This could be done in the church still, or in an open space.

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.
so they should disobey government orders. Ure still the one that will come to accuse them of highhandedness. Abeg
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Best wedding ever

1. One Pastor or Cleric
2. Bride
3. Groom
4. Best man
5. Best lady
6. Brides Dad and Mum or representative
7. Grooms dad and mum or representative
8. One Camera man
9. One bride's friend (not best lady)
10. One groom's extra friend (not best man)
11. One brother and one sister of bride
12. One brother and one sister of groom

At all at all 20 people sha.

Its gonna be organized. Notin like i never see meat, semo never reach that table, aah amala don finish and my guest just arrived or Abeg carry table water go that table.

Every support should be financial, so the couples can buy food stuff and stay at home, have sex and build their home. They have pictures to show for it with all 15 people in it.

If u no beleive say dem wed. After 9 months with God's blessings u go know. If u go chop rice for naming. U go see their pictures of wedding for wall

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by sicily4u: 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
because you are married already? What if he has been waiting for the wedding night to enter the promise land,so the wedding should be postponed?

Na person wey dey alive dey enter promise land
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.

Reverend no wan make you give am Covik one nine.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Tintedglass: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
LMAO
udoka55555:
Lol

Na so one of my friend dey vex for me...

His wedding suppose be this Friday for Delta, and I don already promise say I go come.....I Don get everything both gift ready before this cobid 1&9 come.....

Him call me today say make I come tomorrow because the person wey suppose be best man say him ma no go come..I try reason with am say make him postpone the wedding until dem find cure...the guy no gree....

I come tell am hoha say me I no fit risk my life and travel from IMO to Delta for wedding... Say make him send me his account number so I fit send them money wey dem go use buy my own gift......the guy just off him phone....

I no fit risk my life anyhow for one yeye wedding.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
Izz9111:
. Stay in your homes within 14 days, it will all be over.

I don't know where you got this idea.

Unfortunately, different people will get it on different days. Some people on your day 14.

Corona no be like Easter. It doesn't use a calendar.

I still think this panicked shut down of everything isn't well thought out.

A popular saying goes that we are three meals away from civilization.

Wait until people start starving in their homes, and we'll have things more serious than Covik one nine on our hands.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Ginaz(f): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
My friend’s wedding is coming up next month and I’m not going . I can’t risk my mother’s life to be in a crowded place right now cos if I should get infected definitely she would too.

Life first . They can’t buy life . After all na rice I go chop wey go end am. grin
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by BreconHills(m): 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2020
franchasng:
angry

Any Nigerian who is not Buhari's child, not his relative, not his direct employee and not a direct beneficiary from Buhari, praying for Buhari not to contract coronavirus is a hypocrite pretending to like Buhari or scared that if he or she wishes him dead, that death may come for him or her, but the actual wish of majority of Nigerians is for Buhari and all Nigerian politicians ruling Nigeria from the federal to the state level to contract the virus and die.

This is the wish of all Nigerians but their fear and religious pretence won't let them say their mind angry

Speak for yourself. Where I come from its bad form to wish death on anyone.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by kayusely70(m): 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
Postpone the wedding to avoid regrets
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by lilyheaven: 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:

And they will save enough money o

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
deltateam:

Life first. You don't want to raise children in this chaos and madness.

You are sure very right.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by DaInferno(m): 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
sylve11:

Men, that guy just annoy me with him childish thread. angry cool
...bro, no be you, Na me the thing annoy pass!
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Femeto: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
One lady in my office was to wed this Saturday now it's postponed.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
miqos02:

Have you prepared the food?

Lol, not at all..

Do you want to eat from the food ni cheesy
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by otokx(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
My friend postponed his marriage indefinitely. cool
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by AuroraB(f): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
Stupid question undecided
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 3:54pm On Mar 25, 2020
Zinny25:
do you think the intending couples will like this type of marriage?? it's not just about the pastors and priests

Honestly, you are thinking toward our direction, despite the fact that I wanted a low key marriage too.

But now, slot of money has gone to the wedding materials, just to print programmes and prepare food is the only thing that is delaying us.

Even all the engagement list given to me has been cleared.

My fiancee now is just angry.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by mechanics(m): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2020
Amen o, it's well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newly Wedded Couple Ride In Tractor (Photo) / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today / Photos Of A Groom Crying At His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.