Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,992 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 (44067 Views)

Tedxikenegbu Happening In Owerri On The 4th Of April, 2020 / How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria / David And Chioma: Two Nairalanders Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by miqos02(m): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

Lol, not at all..

Do you want to eat from the food ni cheesy
since food is not involved you have nothing to worry about, all other things can't spoil
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2020
bantex4uu:
My wedding is 2nd May. I hope we won't b affected

Anything can happen, WHO might have declared everywhere safe by then.

You are lucky, just hoping God take control before the 17 and 18 April

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2020
TruthHurts100:

I'm in your shoes bro.

I'm just not in my normal self honestly.

I have spent alot, just to prepare food and print wedding programme is the only thing left to me.

Even the engagement list given to me have been cleared, just to go and give it to them, that's all
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Wedding should be postponed after the Olympics, Champions league and all football leagues in Europe are postponed or invite only 20 people as your guests
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Parable007:

Bro I'm in the same ish right now.. though We did our traditional last year but white is April 18th

This is really a trying time for most people.

Alot of money has been spent on this, the only thing left for the wedding is just to prepare food and print programme.

Even the engagement list given to me has been cleared.

We got no choice than to just adhere to the rules, I guess just 25people from each family would just be the only people to attend
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by zedman1(m): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
franchasng:
angry

Any Nigerian who is not Buhari's child, not his relative, not his direct employee and not a direct beneficiary from Buhari, praying for Buhari not to contract coronavirus is a hypocrite pretending to like Buhari or scared that if he or she wishes him dead, that death may come for him or her, but the actual wish of majority of Nigerians is for Buhari and all Nigerian politicians ruling Nigeria from the federal to the state level to contract the virus and die.

This is the wish of all Nigerians but their fear and religious pretence won't let them say their mind angry
The only bad thing about this wish is that, the more you wish for them to get the virus, the more the chances for us all to contract the virus. We should have learnt a big lesson from other countries by now but mbanu, we still haven't. It always starts with the elite, poor man no de travel abroad o. It's only a matter of few weeks and we all will start singing a different song, except Nigeria's case turns out different. Be careful for what you wish bro.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Toyeen85: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2020
That is what they did for my cousin getting married on Saturday
Cmanforall:
I feel for you all.
My advice:
Do the wedding with only the parents present. Max of 10.
Postpone the party
Start enjoying your wife ( no longer premarital s*X)

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by davidufuoma(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
After nine months, na to born Corobabies nah
You will then hear names like Corotunde, Coroemeka, Corodikachi Coromuhammad ETC
or korode bello grin
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by TruthHurts100: 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

I'm just not in my normal self honestly.

I have spent alot, just to prepare food and print wedding programme is the only thing left to me.

Even the engagement list given to me have been cleared, just to go and give it to them, that's all

I've paid almost 80% of the wedding budget. I'm just trying not to worry so my woman won't be too. I'm hoping this virus goes before second week of April.

It's crazy
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
udoka55555:
Lol

Na so one of my friend dey vex for me...

His wedding suppose be this Friday for Delta, and I don already promise say I go come.....I Don get everything both gift ready before this cobid 1&9 come.....

Him call me today say make I come tomorrow because the person wey suppose be best man say him ma no go come..I try reason with am say make him postpone the wedding until dem find cure...the guy no gree....

I come tell am hoha say me I no fit risk my life and travel from IMO to Delta for wedding... Say make him send me his account number so I fit send them money wey dem go use buy my own gift......the guy just off him phone....

I no fit risk my life anyhow for one yeye wedding.

You see if anything happens to you that guy cannot help you.. If he likes let him break his phone.. Rubbish.. Is getting married eternal life
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2020
Winneygirl:

How about a chapel wedding?
You would not need many people. Couple, priests & cathechist, and witnesses

That's what I'm thinking about right now and then invite only 15 people each from both family
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by usb2016(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2020
And get their children through e-bay abi? grin

They should arrange online wedding biko

Everyone will be on their house and view them online even the pastor or Rev father will jion them together from his or her home , No item 7, No gifts , No spreading of money or giving of envelopes grin

[/quote]
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by wunmi590(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
TruthHurts100:

I've paid almost 80% of the wedding budget. I'm just trying not to worry so my woman won't be too. I'm hoping this virus goes before second week of April.

It's crazy

Honestly, we should just pray God take absolute control.

Just take heart bro
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Starhearts: 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:
Please nairalanders should pray for us

Pray for urself
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Starhearts: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

An on the seventh day he rested.
If God knew one of his creation would be diz stupid...
He would have created another woman..
Omo ale jatijati
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Starhearts: 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

This could be done in the church still, or in an open space.

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.

A good point from a wise human being
May God continue to be en-riching your brain
D OP need mental health therapy
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by TruthHurts100: 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

Honestly, we should just pray God take absolute control.

Just take heart bro

Thanks
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by spiceadole: 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
Heffalump:
Postpone wedding ceremony till further notice! That will be the wisest decision by anyone shocked

I know some intending couples can't wait to start "knacking", but consider the imminent health implications at this time. You have maintained abstinence for long, so nothing is new. The joy and beauty of wedding is in guest turnout too tongue

Who told you they have been abstaining?
Some intending brides are already pregnant.
Their major problem is how to explain the pregnancy
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by square7: 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
franchasng:
angry

Any Nigerian who is not Buhari's child, not his relative, not his direct employee and not a direct beneficiary from Buhari, praying for Buhari not to contract coronavirus is a hypocrite pretending to like Buhari or scared that if he or she wishes him dead, that death may come for him or her, but the actual wish of majority of Nigerians is for Buhari and all Nigerian politicians ruling Nigeria from the federal to the state level to contract the virus and die.

This is the wish of all Nigerians but their fear and religious pretence won't let them say their mind angry

This is your personal wish and specific opinion. It is of course not that of many others like myself. Becareful how you're throwing your stones into the market arena, your own special family members might equally be vulnerable.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Judybash93(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2020
Cheapest wedding ever grin Social distancing toh badt
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Facidio: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2020
Bros it's not easy o, mine is this weekend, everything including printing of programs and banners are ready. I have been consulting. We are suspending the wedding, but Wil do the traditional tomorrow on low key. It's really a very difficult decision to make. My wife to be has been mody since yesterday but I just have to man up and save our lives and the lives of our loved ones
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by spiceadole: 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Suddenly,a lot of men are lamenting the possibility of their weddings being postponed ...

Where are the "women are this & that" gang?
All of a sudden,Nobody has said Women are farm tools .

Why are men now sounding desperate for marriage today?
Na wa o
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by franchasng: 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
square7:

This is your personal wish and specific opinion. It is of course not that of many others like myself. Becareful how you're throwing your stones into the market arena, your own special family members might equally be vulnerable.
read my comment again, but this time very slowly and you will understand where you and others that have been quoting me fall into based on my comment wink
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Burruchaga71(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2020
This is golden opportunity to get married
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by lepasharon(f): 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
wunmi590:

You plan to hold the wedding despite the risk and want prayers? undecided
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Loonyy(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
bantex4uu:
My wedding is 2nd May. I hope we won't b affected
same Here Bro am really perplexed right now, really don't know the do
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Bernard94(m): 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2020
Corona marriage,recorded as those who got marriage during the corona era.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by crackkhaus: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
ppogba:

Leave the greed of pastors out of this.

A thousand and one pastors/churches will be willing and ready to wed people on a low-key.

Intending couples should seize the opportunity and save the funds for better things ahead. Things are changing in Nigeria except our mentality and attitude towards frivolities.
You make a good point.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Onlyonebuhari: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
franchasng:
angry

You are a drunkard! When u no gree go skul, how will I wish a man that increase my salary from 122 to 137 death?
Corpers too from 19800 to 33k.
Where is your sense Mr Man?
Buhari government is meant for hardworking Nigerians and not jobless e_rats
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by TruckFit(m): 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2020
COVID'19: What happens to those given birth amidst this pandemic?
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by prigoz(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
After nine months, na to born Corobabies nah
You will then hear names like Corotunde, Coroemeka, Corodikachi Coromuhammad ETC
Laff wan ki mi die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of A Groom Crying At His Wedding / Bride & Groom Sleeping On Their Wedding Day / Tuface, Davido, Kcee, Among Other 500 Celebrities Storm Anambra For Oba Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.