Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Personal View On Deteriorating Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Personal View On Deteriorating Insecurity (198 Views)

A Vote For Peter Obi Will Be A Waste Of Votes(personal View) / Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court / Lady K: My Health Is Deteriorating From Chemical DSS Forced Me To Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Personal View On Deteriorating Insecurity by jakD: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2020
This article is aroused after several Lamentations of some soldiers at the frontline that I'm privileged to had chats with on a daily basis.

I was saddened with the news of several soldiers killed in an ambush recently. [Check the news from the link below]

https://www.nairaland.com/5753083/boko-haram-kills-70-soldiers

Though moderators have refused to move my earlier article to the front-page. [Check earlier article from the link below]

https://www.nairaland.com/5740126/nigerian-army-authorities-endangering-lives#87515374

Thus, this article expresses my personal view about the ongoing insurgency and the offensive since launched against it by government troops.

An everyday chats with few soldiers in the Nigerian Army currently fighting the war against Boko Haram in the North East has made me totally believed that the Authorities of Nigerian Army, under the supervision of Nigerian Government is resolute in making more money for their personal selves in disguise of fighting Terrorism rather than conquering the war.

Consider the following:

1. You borrowed a billion of dollars with the claim to equip your soldiers, you allocated money in your budget to equip your soldiers, yet, they still use old, outdated and God-forsaken guns while their opposition[Boko Haram] use good weapons.
What do you call it?

2. Soldiers and Civilians are killed on a daily basis by Boko Haram, yet, the captured terrorists are being freed and treated as kings 'whose killings are justified' by the government, but the captured soldiers are instead beheaded by Boko Haram.
That's proper, urh?

3. A soldier fighting the war reliably told me that, if the government wants the war ended today, they will achieve it. Locations of those Boko guys are known, a single raid of the Nigerian Air-Force will make them[Boko Haram] totally powerless, but then Nigerian Government and Army Hq do not want that to happen SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE MONEY BEING REALIZED.

4. The most worrisome is, how could a country deploy her soldiers to a war zone and still refuse to give them enough amunitions and especially bullets! These guys, on sighting Boko Haram can't even fire nor return fire when they are under attack of the terrorists but they are deployed few kilometers to Boko Haram camps. Isn't that an intended plan to endanger their lives?

5. When they talk, you court-martial them. When they refuse to obey order, they court-martial them.
TOO BAD.

6. If the government is really certain and resolute to fight this war sincerely, then, Boko Haram fighters captured should be SEVERELY tried and punished, not to be freed because it kills soldiers' morale.

7. I believe the Army chief and its generals should be questioned, tried and sanctioned.

8. Now, unless the present government enjoys the deteriorating insecurity and terrorism, Army Chief needs to be replaced and tried, Soldiers, both at the war front and those not, should be equipped with better and high-tech weaponry.

May the peace of God be with the soldiers sacrificing their lives for us at the frontline and may the souls of the fallen heroes rest in perfect peace.

I only hope the moderators help move this to the front-page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personal View On Deteriorating Insecurity by orisa37: 11:53am On Mar 25, 2020
Well done. BOKOHARAM'S ARE FULANI HERDSMEN.
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM-BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR-CNN.
IT'S ALL RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.
SATAN HAS JUST INTRODUCED A BIOWEAPON INTO THE SYSTEM..
TO GOD BE THE POWER, MIGHT, HONOUR AND GLORY.

(1) (Reply)

Count Yourself Lucky / Ayade Recalls Garment Factory Workers, Set To Produce Face Masks / From Government To Covid-security: Kill Them Before The Virus Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.