Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus (51887 Views)

Ogun Government Takes Action As Banks Remain Closed Over Robbery Threat / Igboho Plans Reopening Of Land Borders Closed By Buhari / Operation Second Eleven: Nigerian Army Prepares For Lockdown Over Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Coldie(m): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2020
seanfer:

Before you blindly support Wike... Is it not better for him to make available the a test center so that Hospitals can refer a case to the place for test?.. What is the essence of locking down the state when we don't even know the status of us in the state? I was in a clinic at Ada George this morning and you need to see the number of people who came to see doctor majority are fever and malaria... A friend who work there said some of the patients are coming back after they were discharged last week... If there is a test Center for Virus they will be refer to the place to confirm their status.
If u read his press statement all he talked about is the task force approach, how to catch people and attack businesses.

Ask him how many medical equipments he bought to fight the virus, zero. This is coming from a man who appointed a health commissioner just recently maybe due to the corona virus.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Luckiotutu: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by izubext007: 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2020
wike my man
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2020
NyenwePHC:
Way to go bro WIKE. You have shown foresightedness and pragmatism in ensuring that Rivers state remains protected. This is a quality lacking in the President. If not for your avaricious proclivities, you would have make a perfect candidate for the presidecy

What gives you the assurance that infected people have not sneaked into Rivers State? The action is commendable but a bit too late

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by veraiyke(m): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
seanfer:

Try and get to PH before 6PM
NOT POSSIBLE.
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by 6digitscomrade: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
sanemind2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/covid-19-rivers-govt-closes-all-borders/
corona don turn valentine because now the whole world go show love irregardless
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by veraiyke(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
don't waste ur tp
GOT TO BE REASONED
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by seanfer(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Coldie:

If u read his press statement all he talked about is the task force approach, how to catch people and attack businesses.

Ask him how many medical equipments he bought to fight the virus, zero. This is coming from a man who appointed a health commissioner just recently maybe due to the corona virus.

Don't mind those blind followers... It is not a curse but what is happening in lagos will be a child's play when the reality sets in on Rivers State. A state that house the Multi-national oil companies did not have a center to confirm status. Is that not a serious problem knocking on our doors?... I'm glad the Virus did not respect anybody.
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by annisy(f): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Federal government lock down, state government lockdown and even local government lockdown and the masses are happy don't worry in April let's see how the government will pay salaries. Then all those saying lockdown will know that hunger virus is more deadly!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Reference(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Then within a week the markets will be empty and hyper inflation will set in and within a month crime will be rampant. Then you will be forced to reopen to select goods, services and people, then an administrative nightmare will arise.

But in all this the virus will still not have passed by. And as soon as a crack emerges it will enter Rivers State then folks will ask, what in the world was the initial lock up for.

No country so far has closed down completely, not even China did at the height of their troubles and not even Italy now. It is impossible to shut a coubtry down completely without mass casualties resulting. The best solution so far is mandatory, government supervised quarantine. Thst we failed to do from the get go.

It is now too late. Rivers State CANNOT STOP COVID 19 FROM ENTERING. Once a country has been breached it will get everywhere. The only hope is to slow its spread down to gain enough time to prepare, not to go home in mistaken security. The WHO has told us the way to go is TEST, TEST, TEST.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by seanfer(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
Luckiotutu:
Wait guys!!

I may be wrong!! But i have been following this an no case has been reported yet in rivers.

If this infested person was discovered in rivers yesterday...so are they lying to us about the number of cases?

Are you sure the media isn't lying to us?

Stay safe guys!!

I Believe this will pass!!

No test lab in rivers state. and planes are flying in every hour.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by letristian: 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Kudos to my governor. This is what we have been clamouring for. I pity Igbos members as known can enter PH again.

We will shut our borders at Imo River, shut our borders at Ohaji, shut our borders at Ikot Abasi , shut our borders at Ahoada

Peeps can add more borders.

Igbos should remain in there potopoto Republic.
Can you even listen to yourself? Dem don collect your brain
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by annisy(f): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2020
chrisxxx:
Action governor Wike. If PDP was in power this scourge would not have got to this level. APC taking over power is likened to Nigeria taking over governance from Britain. We were largely unprepared. Look at the mess we have found ourselves.
Go and sit down pls. Nation with better information and technology are struggling with it. You are talking abt PDP... Whatz the difference between APC and PDP?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by seanfer(m): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2020
Reference:
Then within a week the markets will be empty and hyper inflation will set in and within a month crime will be rampant. Then you will be forced to reopen to select goods, services and people, then an administrative nightmare will arise.

But in all this the virus will still not have passed by. And as soon as a crack emerges it will enter Rivers State then folks will ask, what in the world was the initial lock up for.

No country so far has closed down completely, not even China did at tje height of their troubles and not even Italy now. It is impossible to shut a coubtry down completely without mass casualties resulting. The best solution so far is mandatory, government supervised quarantine. Thst we failed to do from the get go.

It is now too late. Rivers State CANNOT STOP COVID 19 FROM ENTERING. Once a country has been breached it will get everywhere. The only hope is to slow its spread down to gain enough time to prepare, not to go home in mistaken security.

The Governor is just trying to make his followers think he is proactive.. There is no single government owned lab to carry out the test and the Governor is locking down the state when He is not sure if the state is infected already or not.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Coldie(m): 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
its better than nothing, what is ur easiest escape to food crisis?
Why don't the govt put necessary health checks to circumvent trade and prevent this from happening
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by lizdammy: 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2020
Yes everyone should STAY HOME

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by dbonks(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2020
seanfer:

No test lab in rivers state. and planes are flying in every hour.
Why are you misinforming people,what would you gain from this? How can a whole state not have a testing center during a period like this? Why are you like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by letristian: 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2020
oyeb15:
Lockdown Is not d solution.

Imagine a house with 50 people using thesame toilet and bathroom.
Where all homes become jampacked because of holidays including long seen families etc.
Where 5to 6 people are sleeping in a room cos of lockdown.
Where people are exausting their savings and can result to stealing etc.

You dont make any preparation for d citizens but want to kill them with hunger.

All these our irresponsible leaders should find and adapt a local means of fighting d virus.

Educate d people on preventive
mesure

Let d people be positive minded.

We are hungry in Nigeria
You're talking about hunger. Between the virus and hunger, which do you prefer? You think you will have appetite if you catch the virus... Or have you forgotten that only the living eats

1 Like

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Promxy94(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2020
NyenwePHC:
Way to go bro WIKE. You have shown foresightedness and pragmatism in ensuring that Rivers state remains protected. This is a quality lacking in the President. If not for your avaricious proclivities, you would have make a perfect candidate for the presidecy

Meka ooooo
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Coldie(m): 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2020
seanfer:

The Governor is just trying to make his followers think he is proactive.. There is no single government owned lab to carry out the test and the Governor is locking down the state when He is not sure if the state is infected already or not.
This is exactly what am telling people on Twitter, most people just jumped in and started attacking me.

The govt is about to shut down a whole state. The funny thing in his speech he didn't mention how he empowered health centres to fight the virus, but he empowered security men to catch anybody on the road. He didn't also mention how he would handle security issues that will arise from this, crime will increase in the state I bet u

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Coldie(m): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2020
letristian:

You're talking about hunger. Between the virus and hunger, which do you prefer? You think you will have appetite if you catch the virus... Or have you forgotten that only the living eats
What has the govt done to aid people who might Still contact the virus?
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by dbonks(m): 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
Coldie:

Why don't the govt put necessary health checks to circumvent trade and prevent this from happening

I guess you know that Rivers State will long outlive whatever vested interest you think you have, what will you gain from demarketing the State even when you know some of the statements you are making here are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Coldie(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Reference:

No country so far has closed down completely, not even China did at the height of their troubles and not even Italy now. It is impossible to shut a coubtry down completely without mass casualties resulting. The best solution so far is mandatory, government supervised quarantine. Thst we failed to do from the get go.

It is now too late. Rivers State CANNOT STOP COVID 19 FROM ENTERING. Once a country has been breached it will get everywhere. The only hope is to slow its spread down to gain enough time to prepare, not to go home in mistaken security. The WHO has told us the way to go is TEST, TEST, TEST.
The crime part would be the first to set in. I was born and brought up here, I know how they think.

The funny thing the government didn't make any mention about how they will fight that part
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by totoboy19: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
Wike forming 007. All land borders into ph closed? Not possible in naija. Same security agents than man borders will collect roger and allow people to pass.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Coldie(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
dbonks:

I guess you know that Rivers State will long outlive whatever vested interest you think you have, what will you gain from demarketing the State even when you know some of the statements you are making here are wrong.
How am I demarketing the state.

Why is it that whenever someone says his experience in the state u guys term it demarketing.

Last year when street trading was banned I was not against it but I advised it should be controlled, the major consequence of banning street trading was that crime rate increased.

Is that demarketing?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Brunicekid(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
EmmanuelMacron:
In the wake of the economic problems faced by the world, due to the coronaVirus epidemic,
The G-7 being led by me, had a very productive meeting with  finance ministers and we agreed work on "substantial and complementary packages"
This is to help developing countries who already has high debt profiles.

Very soon we will make public our resolutions

I am Emmanuel Macron
You are a comedian too, abi??
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Reference(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
annisy:

Go and sit down pls. Nation with better information and technology are struggling with it. You are talking abt PDP... Whatz the difference between APC and PDP?

Looking back at everything that has happened so far and in trying to compare the ebola crises with this one I think the clear difference is not the competence of either this government or the previous one but the ability to receive feedback from the citizenry and acting on it.

Without a doubt the previous goverments were a lot more user friendly, more open to criticism and thus more responsive to the mood and angst of the people. Nigerians scream about something en masse for a week and they somehow respond. This government is just too hard to reach and too slow to respond. It is as if the entire cou try is against them and are playing politics so they besiege themselves in enclaves and receive impetus from small groupings of varying interests who largely dictate how they respond to things.

The wider your response in a democracy the smaller your liability. The PDP goverments were not briliant by a country mile but they knew how to put Nigerians at the wheel of their own destinies and see the outcomes for themselves.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by seanfer(m): 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2020
dbonks:

Why are you misinforming people,what would you gain from this? How can a whole state not have a testing center during a period like this? Why are you like this?

I live in Rivers State... Please tell me where is the Lab that is mentioned by Rivers State Government to the Public.. In the Governor's state broadcast this afternoon there is no where he mentioned any Health center in the state that we can go for test. Instead he instructed the Security agents to deal with those that goes against the order. We in the state knows what is going on don't be deceived by photos on social media. Lagos, Abuja, Edo are the 3 places that has Covid-19 Test Centers in the Nation.
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Kingloba20(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
Choi, may God heal our land ooo
meanwhile, I have a 38inches UK used LCD television for sale, perfectly working.
35k. Abeokuta
call or message:- 07031629340
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by seanfer(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
Coldie:

This is exactly what am telling people on Twitter, most people just jumped in and started attacking me.

The govt is about to shut down a whole state. The funny thing in his speech he didn't mention how he empowered health centres to fight the virus, but he empowered security men to catch anybody on the road. He didn't also mention how he would handle security issues that will arise from this, crime will increase in the state I bet u

I'm stocking my house this evening and not going out till further notice.
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by Iziq(m): 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2020
Please � nairalanders help a brother. My sister just had a fatal accident and I have emptied my account on medicals. She's all I have got; only surviving relative. Help save her for me. May no misfortune befall you. Amen.
0076543602 (Access Bank) nothing is too small. That 1k can do something. Thank you.
Re: Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus by dbonks(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
seanfer:

I live in Rivers State... Please tell me where is the Lab that is mentioned by Rivers State Government to the Public.. In the Governor's state broadcast this afternoon there is no where he mentioned any Health center in the state that we can go for test. Instead he instructed the Security agents to deal with those that goes against the order. We in the state knows what is going on don't be deceived by photos on social media. Lagos, Abuja, Edo are the 3 places that has C kiovid-19 Test Centers in the Nation.

There you get it wrong again, Delta has at the FMC Asaba, Rivers has at UPTH even Ondo State has too, just say those listed above are the ones you are aware of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning / What Is Governor Rochas Building? (pics) / NUJ Guber Debate: Okorocha Leaves Opponent Confused(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.