Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:49 PM

Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators (964 Views)

Coronavirus: Trump Calls Buhari, Promises To Send Ventilators To Nigeria / COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG / Coronavirus: Ministry Of Finance Begs For Ventilators On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by Commonsense99: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Fellow Nigerians, lack of hospital Equipments is now trending, prominent among which is Mech vent, Innoson motors have even keyed in to promise massive production of ventilators when push comes to shove.

I just want to use this medium to ask a simple question, we are all in this together, so we add this to our crash program in this time of necessity.

where is the Electricity to have powered the ventilators?

Nigerians seem to be overlooking the fact that mech vents run on Electricity, as in if power shuts down most patients dies almost instantly . angry

Let's assume someone performed magic and imports or manufactures mech vents, how do you power it? With I pass my neighbour generator?

Those who survived corona Induced Intubation usually rocks many days, most will stay upto two weeks on ventilators , of course with constant electricity..

What exactly was Nigeria thinking when it left it borders open knowing fully well its the least prepared country in the whole world?

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by Kylekent59: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2020
If the 2019 elections were to be repeated again, the same mistake would be made.

Who knows, maybe the plague can be the answer. No one is safe including you and me.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by suzzyboss(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2020
Where is that pastor that wanted to go to China to kill corona... Where is he!

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by Commonsense99: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Kylekent59:
If the 2019 elections were to be repeated again, the same mistake would be made.

Who knows, maybe the plague can be the answer. No one is safe including you and me.

AS in Niger matter tire me I swear!

We have gotten ourselves into a deep mess, those who are blamming Buhari forgot when they were blindly chanting Sai Baba... The only reason why some of us are forced to start talking is, when the ship starts sinking everybody goes down.
Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by edoairways: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
Generators and limited power from the disco should serve that purpose however my fear is the constant epileptic power supply from both source.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by dukeprince50: 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2020
Kylekent59:

There was no power in Nigeria since I was born, it didn't start 2019,the country is fvcked

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by dukeprince50: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2020
Commonsense99:

AS in Niger matter tire me I swear!

We have gotten ourselves into a deep mess, those who are blamming Buhari forgot when they were blindly chanting Sai Baba... The only reason why some of us are forced to start talking is, when the ship starts sinking everybody goes down.
Nigerian problem didn't start with PMB, he was not the president wen A.C sang "Nigeria Jaga Jaga"
He was not the president when Ibu sang "Nigerians is annoyed"
Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by Commonsense99: 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
Nigerian problem didn't start with PMB, he was not the president wen A.C sang "Nigeria Jaga Jaga"
He was not the president when Ibu sang "Nigerians is annoyed"

Am not disputing your angle, but if you recall, he did promise to fix these things didn't he?
Of course am not also going to exenorate the past leaders, Nigerians are grumbling, and even those past leaders are feeling the palpable anger and anxiety as it is, if there will be any revolution, all of them feel the heat.

but if you stick to this logic that means even the coming leaders of tomorrow will still misbehave and say the problems didnt start with them.
Someone has to fix these things, it doesn't take rocket science to fix them.

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by dukeprince50: 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
Commonsense99:

Am not disputing your angle, but if you recall, he did promise to fix these things didn't he?
Of course am not also going to exenorate the past leaders, Nigerians are grumbling, and even those past leaders are feeling the palpable anger and anxiety as it is, if there will be any revolution, all of them will go down.

but if you stick to this logic that means even the coming leaders of tomorrow will still misbehave and say the problems didnt start with them.
Someone has to fix these things, it doesn't take rocket science to fix them.

In as much as we keep voting thieves and Rogues, what do you expect?
In 2023(If the world didn't end), we will still vote party instead of personality, before Covid19, the entire cyberspace was filled with 2023 ambition, no one is talking about our present condition.
No one is talking about how we could grow, 60years of independence and we can't even be proud of basic things like electricity, roads, food etc

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by Commonsense99: 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2020
dukeprince50:

In 2023(If the world didn't end), we will still vote party instead of personality, before Covid19, the entire cyberspace was filled with 2023 ambition, no one is talking about our present condition.
No one is talking about how we could grow, 60years of independence and we can't even be proud of basic things like electricity, roads, food etc

2023 is too far, if by acrobatics or any other means this pandemic ends tomorrow, the next 30minutes some, Nigerians will clearly forget this near death experience and start promoting these same group of destitutes to continue ruling them.

The reason why sometimes one is forced to speak out is, if the ship is going down, everyone goes down with it.
Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by Commonsense99: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
edoairways:
Generators and limited power from the disco should serve that purpose however my fear is the constant epileptic power supply from both source.

At a time like this, nothing can be compared to steady electricity. Countries with high death counts have no issue with electricity, here we have no ventilator and no electricity.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by edoairways: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2020
Commonsense99:

At a time like this, nothing can be compared to steady electricity. Countries with high death counts have no issue with electricity, here we have no ventilator and no electricity.
Yeah
Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by Zenemonte: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2020
[s]
dukeprince50:

[/s]
Re: Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators by lastempero: 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2020
I hope the whole country is going to suffer all these together but the 5% people should be exonerated from sharing the blame of imposing uchu or aru(in igbo lang) the rest of the country imposed on all of us.

(1) (Reply)

Protect The President By All Means. We Can’t Afford A Repeat Of The Yar’adua Era / I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency / Kano Deaths: 17 Prominent People Who Died In Kano In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.