Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (39020 Views)

Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) / Coronavirus: Lagos On Total Lockdown (Pictures, Video) / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by segsman(m): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2020
Please is this real
Leezah:

1. You can eat normal, tasty, healthy foods.
stocking up on food doesn't need to be boring dry foods like rice and pasta. we'll still have power! Freeze foods so you can still make fun, delicious meals. Just because you’re stocking up doesn’t mean you have to live on nonperishable foods and vegetables. That’s going to get tiresome real quick, and there are plenty of ways to eat the things you normally would. Fill your freezer with fresh, flavorful soups. Keep pasta in your pantry and tomato sauce in your freezer. Think about the foods you would want to eat on a typical day; usually there’s a way to keep those around. Personally, I froze a big batch of tamatoes soup and a bunch of fruits, I also bought eggs, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, hummus, carrots, and a bunch of other things — normal staples for my diet that will keep for a decent length of time.

2. And remember that food isn’t just about staying alive.

3. Avoid being too isolated.
Being forced to stay inside might sound like an introvert’s dream come true, but when it’s in the midst of a worldwide epidemic and everyone is panicking, it’s not such a fun and chill time. It took me one day stuck at home to get lonely and stir-crazy.Check in with your people. Get on the phone or FaceTime and call your family and friends with some regularity — you’ll probably need it, and so will they. And if someone you know actually gets quarantined, or gets infected with the virus, be there for them as much as you (safely) can. Call them, or just send a playlist, some memes, or links. And even if you can’t go hang out with them via vidoe, consider cooking them a meal and leaving it outside their door, which is safe to do.

4. Get a little fitness in.
There are plenty of workouts you can do from the comfort of your own home, and doing so can seriously help your mental health. Here are a bunch of exercises you can do without any equipment, and YouTube has tons of channels that offer instruction in everything from yoga to Pilates to strength training and if you can still go outside, nothing beats a walk. Just avoid big groups of people.

5. Clean your home.
Not only does it protect against the spread of illness, it also makes being cooped up in your home a lot more pleasant. Here’s a big list of spring cleaning chores you may have been putting off.

6. Go online, but beware.
When the SARS epidemic broke out in 2002, Facebook, Twitter,Nairaland, Instagram and even Myspace did not yet exist. Now, people are far more digitally connected, and the ability to keep in touch over social media and video chat can have major benefits on mental health during isolation. “It shortens distances between people,” But the internet also creates issues that didn’t exist during SARS — namely, the spread of misinformation. Here’s a running list of misinformation about the coronavirus to keep on hand as you peruse social media https://www.nairaland.com/5754508/25-facts-coronavirus-share-facts. Also, be wary of those hawking fake cures online or trying to infect your computer with malware by sending you suspicious coronavirus-themed emails.

7. Plan out your entertainment.
Watch the news, for sure, but don’t just stay glued to cable news. You know all those shows and movies you’ve been meaning to watch but never get around to? Make a list — yes, an actual list — of the titles, and you’ll never run out of things to watch. But if spending too much time looking at screens is driving you nuts, shut it down.Get out a bunch of books from your library. Pull out the board games and puzzles. Have some craft supplies on hand, if that’s your thing.

8. Seek professional help if you’re really struggling.
Whether you’ve been to a therapist before or are just realizing you might need to see one, seeking help with your mental health doesn’t need to wait till you can go outside again. Lots of therapists offer sessions over the phone or video chat. Here are a bunch of tips for how to find a therapist.

9. If you’re working from home, do it right.
Working from home sounds like the dream — pajamas all day, slacking off, working from the couch! — but it can get bleak and unproductive pretty quickly if it’s not approached the right way.

10. Remember to stay healthy and practice good hygiene.
Information is power, and having the right info can be helpful in stopping yourself from freaking out. You don’t need to go overboard on research, but it’s a good idea to be aware of what you should do if you do think you’ve contracted the coronavirus. And perhaps the easiest way to stay healthy is to maintain proper hygiene. You don’t need a face mask (unless you’re sick), but you should be washing your hands regularly (and remember, soap and water is just as effective as hand sanitizer).

Once that’s done, just try to take it easy (and maybe order some dumplings to support your favorite Chinese restaurant). These are tough, uncertain times, and the best thing we all can do is be kind to ourselves and our neighbors as we all go through it.

Lagos State Food Bank in all Local Government and LCDA starting tomorrow. If you need Food Support, walk in with you face mask and gloves, you will get a Food Pack containing basic food items, and a Pack of water for the Family.

1 Like

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
4four:
At lease for the next three to two month I am ready in term of food

boy, these kind of talk is reeks of selfishness and vain boasting. change your "mendula" reasoning.

what of the remaining 190 million nigerians suffering?

1 Like

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by tydi(m): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
lexy2014:

Simple question: Did soldier reset ur brain because u came out today? Yes or no?

No, because I'm not in Nigeria..
But that order to stay at home becomes effective tomorrow.
Guess you must have heard of operation second eleven
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by placeofallure(f): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
I need the rest. Ordinarily, I won't slow down but now that it is forced, it's a welcome development. I think I got enough foodstuff but now that some more people (family) wanna come spend their Corona holiday with me, I gotta get more food. It's not going to be any problem since food market will still be opened. God help us and let Corona vanish, never to be seen again.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by alienvirus: 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s][/s]
Sermwell:

I'm not a religious bigot but this your post is common sense na. Mohammed doesn't need to say this before you know it na!! haba!!
[s][/s]
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Dino20: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
*[color=#006600][/color]As for me, i will just be observing them all.*
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by lexy2014: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2020
tydi:

No, because I'm not in Nigeria..
But that order to stay at home becomes effective tomorrow.
Guess you must have heard of operation second eleven

U arent in Nigeria and u are forming expert on operation second 11 and stay at home order
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by tydi(m): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
lexy2014:

U arent in Nigeria and u are forming expert on operation second 11 and stay at home order

I think we're done here.
Bye.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Sexyliciousbri: 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
Hunger will kill more people than the virus

2 Likes

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by einsteine(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
Mikelarteta:
If scientists receives€5000 monthly and Christiano Ronaldo (GOAT) pockets €2M monthly why CR7 no kuku find the Okolovirus cure naa.

Why has the scientist not scored 1000 goals all these years?

Or more appropriately, how many vaccines has that particular scientist produced?

People don't understand why wages differ and consequently make silly statements like yours. The average scientist earns far more than the average footballer. The earnings from scientific discoveries dwarf the earnings from football yet people still make this sort of silly comparison.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Dollabiz: 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2020
I will never be lockdown I refuse to be locked down by a failed government I can’t be running away from a virus and also running to hunger which is another disease

I have to make ends meet
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Divay22(f): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
Not prepared at all o
Things are becoming too costly here in ph(Choba)
I for kukuma no come o cry
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by West2019(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
hungry dey bro
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Samfloxin(m): 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
alienvirus:
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said

"If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place."

If mankind had adhered to this advice, the whole world won't be in this mess. Yet, it is the solution adopted by everyone.

For those that are not happy that the message was from the noblest of mankind, you can do yourself a good by kissing a high tension.

#PEPPPERDEM
Noblest that died on top....
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by teemy(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
grin

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Amanda4life: 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=olumidedvd post=87785365]Buhari is a joke. Ko le work... The money Atiku gave us, the FG did not bother to talk on how to share it. Liar Mohammed is joking. Total lock down cannot work.[/q

They should share the money , room by room
House by house.

Shame to bihari govt.

People are hungry , you and your collegues have stock their kitchen.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by engrchykae(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
OTayobami:
We are not prepared o, wetin common man wey dey feed from hand to mouth go chop?
it's time to eat the elites!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by yinkaOdutuyo: 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
Healdworldjesus:
Hi I'm fatimo. Im not prepared at all Inshot I'm feeling ashamed even typing these and very sure people would think I'm a scammer. I no and who could blame them. Guys we got a break at work and wasn't paid and my account is red. If you can for me to get some food stuffs at home I would be so happy. 0230996969 GTB

Naija and their begi begi for all opportunity

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by codesport(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
Rasmega:

You must be residing in the North. People are going about doing there normal thing like Coronavirus is a hoax. I come out at 7pm with my nose mask.

I have food to last me for 2 Weeks.
Your assertion is wrong about my location... I'm full fledge Yoruba guy no mixture and currently in the heartbeat of Ondo State to say the least...... peeps I meant in the write-up not necessarily mean illiterates has the majority around me here are literates in fact retired and well travelled.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Cantonese: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
gabazin080:
what about those that stay on the island

People can keep deceiving themselves as much as they want. Lagos lockdown will go from one stage to another until total lockdown...which will be very shortly.
Total lockdown and enforcement is the safest route to take.

Lagos is a very high risk state considering the mindset of the people. Those who don't think it is anything will soon find out that it is better to starve and live in good health than to get infected and suffer the agony of it.

As it stands we have not been told of the.after effect for those who have been healed, either in the short term or the long term. Is there any chance of a recurrence?

We need prayers all over the world.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by NELLY1990: 7:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
100% true babana. Trust Nigerians
xynerise:
Lagos lockdown in some rural areas will not be like that of Europe....Mama Sikirat will be selling her kiosk market near her apartment...black market fuel sellers will be selling codedly

There must be a way to get something grin

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2020
lols, most of extended family wey never visit before don dey around now all in the name of Corona.. how much food person one buy ntori oloun.. as e dey so, na death sure pass.. everybody go die las las ;Dlols, most of extended family wey never visit before don dey around now all in the name of Corona.. how much food person one buy ntori oloun.. as e dey so, na death sure pass.. everybody go die las las grin

1 Like

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by BABANGBALI: 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2020
Make dem leaf olosho shops out of it o. Not all of fit do without sex for a day o or else police station go full be that
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2020
codesport:
Your assertion is wrong about my location... I'm full fledge Yoruba guy no mixture and currently in the heartbeat of Ondo State to say the least...... peeps I meant in the write-up not necessarily mean illiterates has the majority around me here are literates in fact retired and well travelled.
I just hope the whole thing shouldn't spread the way it did in Spain or Italy.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
BABANGBALI:
Make dem leaf olosho shops out of it o. Not all of fit do without sex for a day o or else police station go full be that

Mr Babangbali talk true if your children resemble you, you go de proud?
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by weedfada(m): 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
iHateDcrowd:

boy, these kind of talk is reeks of selfishness and vain boasting. change your "mendula" reasoning.

what of the remaining 190 million nigerians suffering?

Don't mind him, no empathy at all. Meanwhile, bro this your moniker is suitable for a time like this tho... I'm sure you wouldn't have any ish with the whole "social distancing" thingy... Well that's if d moniker is a reflection of your personality. #staysafe!
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by PHijo(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
Post of Europe is under partial lockdown. Only few communities are in complete lockdown. In such cases the military, red cross and other relief agencies make alternative provisions for the masses.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by BABANGBALI: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Mr Babangbali talk true if your children resemble you, you go de proud?
na you you wan make dem resemble before? How their resemble take concern you

Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Mikelarteta(m): 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
einsteine:

Why has the scientist not scored 1000 goals all these years?

Or more appropriately, how many vaccines has that particular scientist produced?

People don't understand why wages differ and consequently make silly statements like yours. The average scientist earns far more than the average footballer. The earnings from scientific discoveries dwarf the earnings from football yet people still make this sort of silly comparison.

Why calling me out? Pls learn to mind your business. It wouldn’t hurt you if you just pass by you know? You have a bigger problem to worry about instead of my comment. Respect yourself pls. Thanks
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by blingmoney01: 11:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
Total lockdown in lagos without money undecided
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
Freelancing is bae. Especially in this period.. More dollars.

PS: Now is the time to exchange your dollars to naira. I won't advice anyone to hoard.. Working from home all the way.
Re: How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? by Fulcrum15: 11:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=gabazin080 post=87765630]How are you preparing for this lockdown. I have got food stuff, filled my gas, subscribed my GOTV and also bought petrol because of epileptic power supply.

Like I read in the news, lockdown in Europe means you can't step out of your door, so what will happen when those food stuff, petrol and other essentials finish?

Also what about those that stay in ghettos that don't have the basic needs at home like water? Will they be allowed to go fetch water down the street. How are we going to keep grounded pepper for soup that will last till the lockdown is over?

So how are we going to eat? If corona virus doesn't kill us, then hunger and thirst will. Even in countries with high cases, Malls and markets are open, just that every one is on face masks and hand gloves.

Nigerians! How prepared are you for this?[/quote
]
I broke like die now sef, e no go funny at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure / 5 Common Reasons People Die In Their Sleep / Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.